PDA

View Full Version : Fan Art WIP - Vequi and Hira

hiraisho
Mar 13, 2009, 06:47 PM
Wanted to draw both of my PSU characters, Vequi and Hiraisho, and decided wanted to post both, they are still works in progress.

Vequi
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/Hiraisho/PSU/VequiDrawWIP3.jpg

Hiraisho
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/Hiraisho/PSU/HiraDrawWIP1.jpg

Both being done in Photoshop.

DamonKatu
Mar 13, 2009, 08:44 PM
be warned, Im doing a pen tool art too. You inspired me to do this :3 But not now...I don't feel well _._,

PepperCat
Mar 13, 2009, 09:50 PM
I'm sorry but those don't look like you drew them at all...

It looks like you took a screenshot, made it semi-transparent, made a new layer and traced over it.

Mimo
Mar 14, 2009, 02:22 AM
i saw this kind of style in some other thread too, i think they called it - Vector Art? o.O? not sure, if anyone can clarify this and tell me what vector art really is, plz do n_n! thnx!

AzureBlaze
Mar 14, 2009, 02:37 AM
Vector art is art made using a vector program, most commonly (?) Adobe Illustrator. It differs because the 'art' is actually shapes with colors and borders or gradients. They operate sort of like pushing colored paper pieces around on a mat, only they can be resized/reshaped at will, forever. If you do something in illust. it can be sized from a postage-stamp up to a billboard and not pixelate like "Raster Art" (which is what photoshop and its like does)

Vectors or things that look like vectors are often used to trace screencaps to give them a different look. Why? It's relativly easy to do, though time consuming and you've got to fiddle with the little parts a lot. It produces mostly really-clean images, but can almost always be recognized as 'a vector', which is neither inherently good or bad. It's really interesting stuff if you've got the patience.

Puppet_Papaya
Mar 14, 2009, 12:03 PM
Vector art is art made using a vector program, most commonly (?) Adobe Illustrator. It differs because the 'art' is actually shapes with colors and borders or gradients. They operate sort of like pushing colored paper pieces around on a mat, only they can be resized/reshaped at will, forever. If you do something in illust. it can be sized from a postage-stamp up to a billboard and not pixelate like "Raster Art" (which is what photoshop and its like does)

Vectors or things that look like vectors are often used to trace screencaps to give them a different look. Why? It's relativly easy to do, though time consuming and you've got to fiddle with the little parts a lot. It produces mostly really-clean images, but can almost always be recognized as 'a vector', which is neither inherently good or bad. It's really interesting stuff if you've got the patience.

It's not so time consuming anymore with CS4s auto trace function thing. I got to try it once! It was RAD!
I agree with what was stated before about this "art". He didn't draw these. I wonder how long it took him to trace them.

Mimo
Mar 14, 2009, 04:58 PM
woot okay! thanks for the help! i'll need to read more on this and look at some tutorials, i wouldnt mind trying it =D ty again