PDA

View Full Version : Referencing past great titles in PSU...

KoruKinshi
Mar 14, 2009, 11:09 PM
As we all know, some great games have been referenced through either item, or soundtrack in PSU such as Sonic, NiGHTS, and my beloved Burning Rangers.

What I 'would' like to see, and just hear me out here...I would like to see a House of the Dead reference. Something as simple as the soundtrack, like they did for Burning Rangers. Obviously, it would have to be 'Tragedy' from House of the Dead 1 as that's pretty much *the* definitive song.

What would be even more intriguing would be to give us something HotD-ish on Rykros. I know it's nerdy, but why not? We've had fire stages dedicated to Burning Rangers. Why not something undead-related to the SEED on Rykros or something?

Just a thought/pipe dream, I guess... :)

Tetsaru
Mar 14, 2009, 11:16 PM
I miss some of the tracks from PSO Ep. III. I rock out to stuff like "Via Tubus" and "IDOLA - The Strange Fruits" all the time on my Zune between classes, lol...

Chimeria
Mar 15, 2009, 01:34 AM
A house of the dead lobby or area map would be awesome.

I was a big fan of Jet Grind Radio's soundtrack so anything form that game would make me pretty happy. I'm really hoping for more PSO stuff. I just recently discovered ( I know I'm kinda late) the Dark Falz memoria and almost had a fan-gasm. I loved the jungle and seabed areas.

pinkace
Mar 15, 2009, 11:28 AM
Hmm... the Jet Set Radio soundtracks are actually made up of real music, its not like PSO's and HotD music which was made exclusively for the games.

I would say we don't see non-sonic team music in PSU. I think that is a good thing, otherwise there would be no end to the great Sega music we could get. And yet we don't get much Sonic music... why is that? Sonic 3 had awesome music (created by Michael Jackson) Sonic Adventure 2 was pretty good too.

RegulusHikari
Mar 15, 2009, 11:45 AM
Sonic 3 had awesome music (created by Michael Jackson)

FO RLY? That explains why Ice Cap Zone is so awesome. He have anything to do with S&K? Flying Battery and Sandopolis were great.

I almost exclusively listened to not PSU music when playing PSU. It had some diamonds in the rough, but even PSO's lineup fit better than most of it did.

Fure_Rakune
Mar 15, 2009, 11:48 AM
I have nothing to contribute to this thread but I wanted to say Hi Regulus, hows space?
Also, tricktrack.

RegulusHikari
Mar 15, 2009, 12:03 PM
I have nothing to contribute to this thread but I wanted to say Hi Regulus, hows space?
Also, tricktrack.

[spoiler-box]http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo3/regulus427/Random%20Stuff/space.jpg?t=1237136415[/spoiler-box]

Tricktrack's been played out. Final Boss (EpIII), Underworld, and The Shell's Desert are all better candidates.

Kumlekar
Mar 15, 2009, 12:05 PM
A house of the dead lobby or area map would be awesome.

I was a big fan of Jet Grind Radio's soundtrack so anything form that game would make me pretty happy. I'm really hoping for more PSO stuff. I just recently discovered ( I know I'm kinda late) the Dark Falz memoria and almost had a fan-gasm. I loved the jungle and seabed areas.

The problem with the jet set/grind radio games is that there are so many songs to choose from! I would love that though, it would give me something to play other than burning rangers.

Gibdozer
Mar 15, 2009, 12:24 PM
Im not really into the music, but I'd love to see more visual homage paid to classics. Like the opa opa from fantasy zone being used as a mag in pso, I almost cried the first time I saw that(no not really I don't cry....much).

KoruKinshi
Mar 15, 2009, 12:32 PM
Eh, maybe I'm going through Magician withdrawl. :p Been playing HotD: Overkill, which is awesome, but it makes me miss HotD 1 so much. And I can't find a FRIGGEN ARCADE WITH A WORKING MACHINE!!!

*sigh* What's worse, is a machine sells on *average* for 2500 or more. It's going *up* in value. x.x Just my luck...

ThEoRy
Mar 16, 2009, 12:26 PM
HOTD room decs ftw! also, Shenmue.

pinkace
Mar 16, 2009, 07:20 PM
FO RLY? That explains why Ice Cap Zone is so awesome. He have anything to do with S&K? Flying Battery and Sandopolis were great.

I almost exclusively listened to not PSU music when playing PSU. It had some diamonds in the rough, but even PSO's lineup fit better than most of it did.

yes, it was to be a big deal and sega was going to have some cross-PR thing with mike for S3's release. but before it all happened he was accused of child molestation and even before it was proven false in court sega walked away from the deal BUT they got to keep the music because they had already paid for it. jacko got to keep the righst to reuse the music however since he wasnt credited.

see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbVM-l2Oku4