PDA

View Full Version : I want to come back..a few questions

Cue
Mar 15, 2009, 04:48 PM
I'm another ex-PSO player, so naturally I want to check this game out. I played PSU for a little bit a while ago, but drifted away from it. I believe I was around level 30, and I just felt like I wasn't accomplishing anything. I had the same boring weapons forever..nothing was too interesting.

I want to come back now that this expansion is out. It seems like they added some really cool weapons and stuff (including old weapons like Psycho Wand). I really liked PSO because I could level up my characters and get them new, awesome looking weapons that were really good.

Are there more unique weapons/armor available? Or will I just be using a lame Saber/Pistol for all the levels :no:

*Edit

Also, what do you guys like most about this game? What keeps sucking you in? For me, for PSO, it was leveling up different MAGs and obtaining awesome looking weapons while playing cool levels with friends.

^Is PSU like this? Did I maybe quit too early the first time?

Zanmato145
Mar 15, 2009, 05:02 PM
I quit PSU about a year and a half ago due to doing the same mission over and over because thats where everyone was. And solo'ing sucked with the lv cap. Not to mention the PS2 version was hacked beyond belief. I recently came back into the Xbox360 version 2 weeks ago. In all honesty the "Cool" looking weps are either 50m+ or rarer beyond belief. The lv cap is now lv150 and I am lv 108 and I can solo much easier.

I love PSU for the moment because I work about 70+ hours a week. So I can jump on, do missions when I can, and jump right off. It doesn't take too much dedication. I'm stuck in motel rooms almost every week, 5 days a week with nothing but my psp. It's good to get home and be able to hop on PSU knowing I don't have to dedicate to it. But IMO it's still somewhat the same game I quit 1 1/2 years ago. People run the same mission OVER and OVER nonstop. Not many unique weapons out there at least IMO so don't go with what I just say.

I still can say I easily enjoyed PSO for the 7 years I stuck with it. But I doubt i'll personally get another 3 months out of PSU before I quit it. I just don't have that feeling I got when I played PSO, the feeling that every level meant something, every area I went I was garunteed to be happy with what ever rares dropped. But again, this is just me.

And btw, I use the same weapons I have been using since like lv60 >.>.

Edit: Please no one take anything to heart as if I was bashing PSU. I was just stating my personal opinions of the game.

N2TrAnC3
Mar 15, 2009, 05:03 PM
Hello fellow PSOer
The game gets better the more you put into it. Just like in PSO. Depending on how long ago you played would affect what was available and or if the expansion was out. The level cap is now 150 and there are alot of items available. If you want to keep things fresh make yourself an Armor and Striking PM to synth items because there is always room to improve %s. I enjoy the variety in the game. There are so many more things to do in PSU. The only downfall is outside of events the majority of people tend to grind at one area. Give the game some time get yourself leveled to around 100 and then you can experience everything PSU has to offer difficulty-wise. By then you will be hooked.

DreXxiN
Mar 15, 2009, 05:07 PM
I'd say the best possible advice you could get would be to check the patch updates on PSUPedia.

Furthermore, the most underrated useful advice would be to use the "Search" Function and type in "Coming back" or "Returning", as these topics come out about 150-200 times per month.

Cue
Mar 15, 2009, 05:33 PM
^ Thanks for the replies.

I want to come back and play something like my FOnewm. I really like casting all those spells and also being able to heal my party with a Resta that shot across the ground..

AzureBlaze
Mar 17, 2009, 09:54 PM
Depending when you left, is how different you'll find it now.
If you left at the very start it'll be WAY different/better. I have been on it since the beginning. Where MP Meseta and EXP used to be a horrible pain to get and everything felt like you were slogging (see post above) it's a lot better now.

There's still some interesting looking rares but just like pso the great ones are hella hard to get. Though when you're pitting psu stuff against something like a Zanba then again, maybe not...

Running repeat missions:
There was a real heyday for this with the notorious "White Beast" runs but it seems almost like they saw WB was ruining PSU. Certainly I took a break during the early fall 08 "Sega Screw Up Period" where they just about drove everyone off the game in the USA PCPS2 side. Their efforts to combat WB can be seen even on the front page now with the "Mission Spotlight" and we just came off mission carnival, which I have to admit was pretty fun and gave a REASONABLE chance at the cool looking rare Yasha. Guardian Boost Roads and things also crop up with (by now) enough frequencey that you don't need to fear too much WB.

But like PSO your main draw will be FREINDS.
If you've got people to run with, you can still have fun, even if WB returns. Someone on the crew always needs something (catiliums? Go to Bruce! Nanopolymer? Egg runs! Relic edge? Hit the relics!) which keeps you in a nice variety of missions rather than a grindfest for exp which is all WB is.