PDA

View Full Version : If you could make your own expansion...

Revolver Renegade
Mar 16, 2009, 10:59 PM
To PSU what would it be? there are no size limits and as long as it doesnt break the game its acceptable

EX: I would allow players to decide whether they wanted to be a gaurdian, or a rouge, there would be pvp servers (seperated by every five levels like 1-5 6-10 etc) that are purely for fun and there was no gain or loss from them. I would most likely change the animation of certian weapon styles like sabers because that is a boring animation. Players would be able to decide on running animations and walking animations, out of about 10-20. obviously new weapons and pa's along with more rouge oriented clothes and even more illuminus styled clothing (all of which for both casts and the other 3 races). I would also add about 10 new lobbies linked by about 20 new missions, and more unique bosses. there would be about 10 new hair styles and head types.

just what I would do, anything that bugs you that you think would belong in an expansion?

Chuck_Norris
Mar 16, 2009, 11:35 PM
I would get rid of techers and fighters. :wacko:

sikotic_demon
Mar 16, 2009, 11:38 PM
I personaly would like to see brand new enemies and bosses with intellegent attack patterns. they should learn as the fight progresses, if you are using the same attack constantly the should start blocking it to force a change in tactics.

the ability to change the primary and secondary colors of an outfit would also be nice. also seperate all the accessories from the hair styles. make that a catagory by its self (ive found accessories i like but cant use them with the hair style i like witch annoys me.)

new wepons and abilites. more variations in the way attacks are preformed between race and gender. (i.e. women sit on the spear for dus majarra where as the men stand)

more non mission related things for players to do. (besides hang out on the 4th floor in universe 1 begging for money)

abilites similar to that of beasts and casts for the human and newman races.

Anduril
Mar 16, 2009, 11:43 PM
One major change I would implement in a new expansion would be to have different weapon animations for different class/race combos, like a Newman Masterforce spinning a rod in elaborate ways when casting, while a Beast Fortefighter holding a handgun steady with both hands when firing. I would also have a color palette/dyes for the clothes where you could decide what colors went where on the outfit, but with the main design being unchanged. Also accessories separate from hair styles.

Zarode
Mar 16, 2009, 11:57 PM
Put in an Ultimate mode difficulty, where all the areas get changed (not just a palette swap, although it worked pretty well back then to set the mood) COMPLETELY.

During U1 mode, Blocks 1, 2, 3, and 4, plus the boss block, will all be different, but hold together a similar theme.

All areas will have a landmark, denouncing the middle point of the campaign. Good idea of what I'm talking about is the waterfall room in Caves 2.

All enemies in Ultimate mode are completely changed, and are in no way similar to their counter parts in any way. Baradi turn into walking turrets, is a good example.

More weapons (duh), with Kubara article weapons having actual changes in the design, like different barrels, silencers, different handles, exposed photon reactors, and other things that make the weapon further then a palette swap.

Multi-tier bosses.

An assault level onto an aircraft, with the first block as the approach. Player one flies an armed aircraft, and other players man guns to protect the craft from enemies. Block 2 and 3 consist of the attack within the craft, and block 4 is destroying the main core, in which it fights back.

More assault based levels to stop Illuminus terrorist, including an open train level on Moatoob and a battleship level on Neudiaz.

Mix-and-match class types, where you choose what weapons you wish to have, and the game automatically decides your stats. Want to be a techer who uses Madoogs, Shadoogs, spears, and axes? Go for it. Penalties will be applied, larger ones being applied to the more zealous players.

Just some of the ideas floating inside my thick and evil troll skull.

Tetsaru
Mar 16, 2009, 11:57 PM
I would replace Segac with a much more competent game company.

/endthread

darkante
Mar 17, 2009, 12:13 AM
New weapons, gotta have at least 300 new kinds of weapons.
Mostly S-ranks.

Hybrid classes more competable with the Forte Classes.
Gets rid of Master classes to make way for more variety.

Introduces one other new class, Acrogunner.
Which shoots GM competeable speed boost, but only with S-rank single weapons.

- Handgun (gets an element boost with an increase on about 25 %)
- Crossbow
- Card (if its based on ATP for power).
- Mechgun

A-rank (melee weapons donīt get a speed boost)

- Saber
- Dagger
- Claw
- Twin Handgun
- Twin Saber
- Twin Dagger

Alot of P.A, gotta be at least 100 new ones divided among the current weapons and techniques.

Weapon animation is different for the genders, some weapon might work better on one over the other.

Two new gunner weapon only for Fortegunner:
Rocket Launcher, itīs powerful and can shoot down flying foes as well as bosses.
It hits multiple targetīs hit points as well. Be wary that it takes a long time to re-shoot so make your shot count.

Minigun, whenever you shoot this heavy weapon it has to warm up.
Let it take itīs time and then you can unleash hell.
Bad thing is that you canīt move during the animation and it eats up PP like crazy.
Careful positioning is the key to this weapon.

30 New bosses and 150 New enemies types.
Expect Sea battles, Space shooting, air combat, chasing with the train...

More clothes and parts. Bizzare and cool, up you your mind to decide.

New missions: Ice landscapes, Lunga riding, floader riding in the sea etc..

New SUV and style: You can combine abilities from your collected SUVīs and make one your own, it got some limitation as to not make it broken depending how you make one so be careful.

New Nanoblast and behavior: More unique attacks, itīs a bit more random as well. As your in rage, itīs harder to control depending on your level. Gather more levels under your belt to make it more reliable.

No Scape Dolls: Itīs teamwork people, mission reward and drops will influense depending how many people there are in your party also.

Last but not least: More competable enemy levels, highest difficulty is always at least 50 levels above the maximum level at the time. Teamwork is very much needed for this foes from hell, but the rewards are great.

Rust
Mar 17, 2009, 12:23 AM
Better level design ; not in terms of graphics (even though...), but in mapping. Give a real fucking 3D level design already. In short : maps that aren't feeling 'flat'.

More coop missions, and ones that would give something else to do than just kill-kill-kill-taketarpindaface-kill-kill-kill-pullswitch-kill-kill-kill-kill...

Better monster AIs, and more challenging ones. Especially some who would actually need strategy to be killed. Same goes for the bosses. I'd also put a few monster spawns inside some boss areas, just to make it a bit more tricky.

More accessories, clothes and hairstyles, all separated from each others.

Randomly generated special abilities to weapons and armors dropped made (increase critical hit chances, chances at stunning, less PP consumption, level bonus to a given PA, chances at having a buff cast on you when entering a boos area, etc...).

Exclusive PAs for each type, based on their weapon selection.
Also special PAs that would be linked to specific one-handed weapon combinations (i.e. a saber+machinegun PA, a wand+madoog special TECH).

Newmans and Humans passive extras that are better than the Crea weapons use.
Didn't really think about it but... maybe faster TECH PA leveling rate and the ability to make special physical attacks with TECH-only weapons for newmans, and inherent bonus to element % and special abilities of weapons and armors for humans when they equip them.

Removal of the Just Attack.

Centralized mission counter for everyone to see what are the current open parties on the whole universe.

Zyrusticae
Mar 17, 2009, 08:39 AM
My #1 desire to see in a PS game:
Jumping and dodging.

After playing something like S4 League, movement in PSU and PSO feels extremely limited. I see so much potential there for cool things, but they're just not there. It makes me a sad panda. Can you imagine leaping into the air and then casting some explosive TECHNIC to send yourself flying a short distance away to keep distance between you and your enemies?

Ah, to dream...

Chimeria
Mar 17, 2009, 09:01 AM
The guardian or rouge thing does sound kind of cool.

Customization:
add more attack animations. pretty much every weapon animation in the game besides the twin daggers and knuckles look like they're just swinging away. In PSO, it looked like the characters were attacking to kill you. I want that back.

More clothing and parts along with a color palette.

Bring back attack stances. Remember how in PSO if you were close to an enemy, you would automatically take an attack stance. Remember how cool it looked to see your character holding an Agito? Priceless...

Battle Changes:
I've always hated the fact that one can only use technics with a rod, cane or the little floating thing (I can't think of the name of it for the life of me) So I would get rid of that. I hate that forces can't do anything but use technics. I was a fOmarl in PSO. I had an Elysion and an Agito that were my best friends. lol. I did really well with it actually.

Gameplay:
Bring back monogrinders, digrinders and trigrinders.

Bring back Materials.
I know there's something similar to this in the supplemental update but it seems more like a nuisance....

Evasive Action
I've been playing MHP2G for a while and I love how the player can dodge coming attacks. I know this is possible in PSU for the simple fact that some of the cast enemies can roll, flip and dodge players attacks.

Levels:
More halfway marks. Someone mentioned the waterfall in the caves. Or when you reach a certain block, the enviroment changes a bit like Forest 2 for example.

Music:
ONE OF MY BIGGEST PET PEEVES IN THIS GAME....Why did they take the shifting music scores out of the game. In PSO, when a monster was sighted, the music would shift to a more dramatic version of the area's music to give the player a sense of oncoming fear. Plus it's better on the ears than hearing the same erratic score over and over again...Like in PSU. I would bring that back.

Arada
Mar 17, 2009, 09:26 AM
1. Give something to Human and Newman, similar to Nanoblast or SUV.

2. New weapon types

3. Of course, new weapons.

4. New AI. They should implement moods to enemies. Feeling strong in a band, trying some desperate moves/fleeing when most of the spawn is dead, for instance

5. Hard bosses. We should fear them. Hate them. Make them hard so that fights are more beautiful when they're won.

6. New enemies and bosses. That's an obvious one.

7. Better male cloths. They created superb loli outfit but males just don't get anything good looking.

9. Give each class something special. An ability that makes them feel completely different, like Protanser's traps/trap revelation. It could be pretty small but also pretty good like ForteTechers being able to hit multiple times multi hitboxes enemies or being able to charge techs for bigger damage/effects or double cast (Rogue Vikko in mind here) or being able to move during Ra- techs).

10. As said before, more variety in the missions. There are plenty of ways to do that: keeping monsters in or out of a place, actual team time attack, survival, ...

11. Change the synth system. Synths requiring (very) rare material should succeed. Period. However, the attribute rate should remain as it is. Maybe rework it so that it can give any % from 10 to 50 and not just even numbers.

12. Encourage teamwork. I found the bonus mission, during Winter Carnival, to be really good at that. They were challenging enough so that 95% had to get a (good) team together to see the end of the mission. Make more like these.

13. Secondary attack for guns. Be it a short range blow that would knockback or something different for each gun (charging shots, double shots, head shots, whatever...) to give gunners more variety (these shots or blows would require more PP or would require, for instance 3-5 seconds between each of them so that they cannot be abused).

That's it for now, I guess.

Mr T 13
Mar 17, 2009, 09:57 AM
1. Give something to Human and Newman, similar to Nanoblast or SUV.

2. New weapon types

3. Of course, new weapons.

4. New AI. They should implement moods to enemies. Feeling strong in a band, trying some desperate moves/fleeing when most of the spawn is dead, for instance

5. Hard bosses. We should fear them. Hate them. Make them hard so that fights are more beautiful when they're won.

6. New enemies and bosses. That's an obvious one.

7. Better male cloths. They created superb loli outfit but males just don't get anything good looking.

9. Give each class something special. An ability that makes them feel completely different, like Protanser's traps/trap revelation. It could be pretty small but also pretty good like ForteTechers being able to hit multiple times multi hitboxes enemies or being able to charge techs for bigger damage/effects or double cast (Rogue Vikko in mind here) or being able to move during Ra- techs).

10. As said before, more variety in the missions. There are plenty of ways to do that: keeping monsters in or out of a place, actual team time attack, survival, ...

11. Change the synth system. Synths requiring (very) rare material should succeed. Period. However, the attribute rate should remain as it is. Maybe rework it so that it can give any % from 10 to 50 and not just even numbers.

12. Encourage teamwork. I found the bonus mission, during Winter Carnival, to be really good at that. They were challenging enough so that 95% had to get a (good) team together to see the end of the mission. Make more like these.

13. Secondary attack for guns. Be it a short range blow that would knockback or something different for each gun (charging shots, double shots, head shots, whatever...) to give gunners more variety (these shots or blows would require more PP or would require, for instance 3-5 seconds between each of them so that they cannot be abused).

That's it for now, I guess.

I think all of that sounds great! The only thing I would like to see on top of that would bee some new lobbies, maybe a new planet. I don't mean one like Rykros either. If they were to add another planet I would want one that is like Parum, Gardians, etc.

Kylie
Mar 17, 2009, 01:59 PM
-- Drop PS2 and add PS3, or at least add PS3. I want HD-support!
-- More hair, clothes, and general customization choices.
-- More areas for missions, and more cities on planets.
-- New weapons and weapon types (katana, battle fan, magic, scythe, twin mechs)
-- More photon arts!
-- New classes as well as stat rebalancing for MF, WT, and GT.
-- New room items and decorations.
-- Make the mobs a higher level than our cap.

Basically, I want more stuff and better challenges.

The_Brimada
Mar 17, 2009, 03:04 PM
If I were able to make a new expansion I would.....

-Take away Just attack or tweak it a bit so its less broken.

-Re-adjust WT, GT and attack technics in general.

-Let nanoblast be customized more. Keep the four abilities we already have but add more colors and let us choose the color/ability we want. For example a blue power nano, black defense nano, green invincible nano. (Most will probably choose power anyway but at least everyone isn't forced to be red when doing it.)

-About humans/newmans, either give them their own special ability or give them more exclusive (non-crappy gear). Maybe a crea like weapon which is good statistically and hits extra targets with normal and PA attacks. If JA were adjusted I'd let the human/newman ability to critical all attacks for a certain period of time when gauge is full or something....

-Adjust enemy AI, add higher leveled and tougher enemies.

-PS3 should have its own copy of the game(I don't have one btw, but still think its a good idea)

-Let users on any console/PC setup in options what they want to see in terms of technics( I don't like MF or FT, but I still want to see the 31+ techs in my game)

-Ult bow PAs and bows in general should be changed to make them actually have some use(especially for GT) even if they can only do it once it hits lvl 31.

I'm sure there are plenty more things I can think of but I'm done for now >_>

necman
Mar 17, 2009, 05:51 PM
Goodie my turn to butcher the game. I mean come up with expansion ideas.

(1) I would like to make the r-mag(yeah that's what I call it anyway) for the right hand or make a pa for it so it has an actuall use.
(2) Protranser needs force levels like any other give it b rank wands or tech mags or something already. I would like to remove the darn bow for a riffle. Seriously a bow? I don't want my range to be a bow.
(3) All 3 of the basic types can use machinegun,handgun And some others. Certain hybrids can not. You can use a granade launcher or laser cannon but forgot how to point a machinegun. seriously!
(4) I would make the lobbies seperate. Like one for parum, Clyez, Moatoob, Neudaize and white beast.
(5) Fix or remove some items. You need the low end gear at the start of the game but by the time you can buy any of the stuff inbetween s and c you end up with high end a ranks or s ranks of most stuff making everything in between the two practically useless. Except for a select few
(6) Sure party missions are fun but people only go there when it first comes out making it usless most of the time. When a mission is no longer the hot spot or white beast lets please make it one player already.
(7) all missions should have either good mission points or drops. Not both. lets even out all the missions more so we can find parties around the planets.
[8] I used to think failing was good cause everything can't succeed. I have attempted over 30 stormlines and in a pure armor pm. enough is enough. No more failures, it sucks. Takes most of the month to find the polymers just to fail again. too much to buy. Or we should be able to buy everything in npc shops.

This is turning out to be a book. To all those who read this all thanks you have patients and to those who did not sorry it was long but you won't be reading this anyway. If the expansion was named after a boat it would be the ss minow(ha.! you were thinking of another boat weren't you).

garjian
Mar 17, 2009, 06:54 PM
well...

more variety, and balance between misisons, involving more npc interaction in the new missions... at least something to stop mission spamming... and no... not npcs that say random crap during missions... npcs that make a difference to the run... like back on pso...

new weapons and photon arts... spear, sword, and axe desprately need some varience... and magashis twin sword attacks all linked together (Stabby charge, Assault crush part 3, Spinny charge)...
my ideas for weapons? why the photon thrower (effetively, ATP dam spells + damzonde),
spell sword (low power and no skills, but the normal attack can be justed into a quick-cast, and buckles enemies... not great pp... and only y for spells... [issue: not enough space on description window for all applicable stats]),
and either a hammer (personal preference... but its too much like axe...) or scythe (easily made out of recycled PSO partisan animation, though just another sword type.)

more interesting, and useful weapon effects... why dont 2 headed ragnus burn... and even if they did... surely i should care...

linking perfectly into... longer lasting enemies... rather than more powerful... i did enjoy that king tengohg at 1up...

fix the PSO merge... Dark Falz =/= De Rol Le...

PSU has a large focus on grinding... to lvl PA's... to lvl up... w/e its all a grind... make it more interesting...

balance PA's... im fed up off seeing the same photon arts over and over... i dont care if you feel you wasted your PA frags... most of them suck anyway...
and ffs... dus daggas is pretty!

hmmm... increased need for teamwork... formations and stuff... puzzles... at least star atomisers... come on...

considering this is segac makin this imaginary expansion... all the above will fail... so just something fun to do on the side, seen as the varied missions will be unbalanced... everyone will spam 1... and i wont be able to get parties again.

why cant sega do us a favour and sell PSU to a caring owner?

Aries2384
Mar 17, 2009, 07:24 PM
To the above posters coment on PSU's "focus on grinding".. I hate to say it.. but most MMO's focus is on grinding (and I've played ALOT of MMO's ..) . Thats pretty much it.

My ideal expansion? Rebalance the Forces or no, don't rebalance them, just let them hit multiply boxes on enemies.

Add longer missions. I mean a mission that takes 1-2 hours. Not 12 min run, rinse repeat for 12 hours, call it a day, start it tomorrow. Make the long runs worth it for rewards and just sheer mission fun. Adapting missions. I wanna see something where if people spam something too much, the efficiency ( mission points, exp,etc) starts going down ratio wise. IE. Too many people are doing runs in WB, exp and mp start to drop by minor %'s but enough to make a difference. MAKE people move to different areas so that one, people will be much happier, and TWO so that people will have more than light armor and dark weapons. That'd be a change.

Oh, and my final tweak for an expansion. Before they release the expansion, have all events, items, new missions, releases, etc etc planned and programed in so its not left to the developers to release stuff anymore, its an automated and programmed thing. No more late events, no more bitching. That'd be a nice change.. plus most of what people added in the above posts.

OH. Another thought. Since the melee jobs are able to normal attack on the X button and PA attack on the Y button. Why dont they do that for ranged stuff? Give us the ability to either A.) Use a normal shot for the X button and a PA shot on the Y or B.) Equip two different elements on one ranged weapon. IE, X would be Dark shot and Y would be Light shot. or something like that. That'd be nice.

GBshooter
Mar 18, 2009, 07:25 AM
I like how everything already is but I wish to have customizable bots...
You can select their weapons and give them weps... You choose what they look like if you want them to look like a miniature you or something.. And choose what they say....

Calsetes
Mar 18, 2009, 12:48 PM
Two things I'd add (excluding copyright laws and whatnot) are the X-gun and X-rifle from Gantz. They're so cool-looking. Make the whole "opening" thing on them too when they fired.

There's a lot of other stuff I'd add, like missions that actually had varied objectives. A lot of the missions in this game remind me of an excerpt from that Eat Lead game:

"Get to the casino manager's office.
-Enter the Deli.
-Disable guards in the deli.
-Unlock the freezer.
-Enter the freezer.
-Disable enemies in the freezer."

About then the main character says "Hey, can we summarize all this?" Then it's all cleared off except for one thing:

"Mission Objective:
-If it moves, shoot it."

Just a few things that would involve... maybe NPC escort missions, or specifically defeating things to take something out (i.e. the boss is extremely armored, you MUST shoot piece A first, then piece b, then piece C, then finally the core to actually hurt him, no skipping armor pieces, they all have to be blown off in order), or maybe even something where you have to find specific things that are randomly placed throughout the mission (similar to Egg Thieves, but instead of "chip A is here OR here, no exceptions" it'd be "Chip A is somewhere in these 5 blocks. Block 6 is the endpoint. Find 10 chips to get S-rank.")

I'm sure there's other types of missions that could easily be implemented, also. This is just stuff I'm coming up with off the top of my head, and I know that there's some missions that are already like this, but I guess my point is make it a bit more varied than just "Party missions are abstract, regular missions involve a 'shoot it if it moves' mindset."