PDA

View Full Version : This Game really dissapointed me in the past 2 years

Metal Heart
Mar 17, 2009, 12:12 PM
In the events i have encountered, many of us just grind the same 2 or 3 missions all the time. White Beast should be either destroyed or Sega needs to up some of the MP and EXP other missions offer. I used to really love this game, but as AOTI has been out, sega has been lazier and lazier by the month. we were just a few months behind Japan, and now we are about a year behind. My basis is that all of us are paiyng for this game. on just the xbox 360 server alone we have hit 100,000 registered players, but Sega still doesnt want to give us benefit of the doubt. Also, as this goes along, people have become so greedy that you cant ask for help without expecting to give some type of monetary value. people also base their friendships and playmates by wealth and status. I have had this game since august of 2007 and still have not hit the lvl cap EVER (my highest is a 120 and that was my first character). The game just did not deliver it for me. Com[ared to other MMO's I have played, PSU does not deliver what its crowd wants. The potential for this game is just so immaculate it's stunning to see Sega throw away that potential. The challenge of Lvling up is not there it is just a whoopdie doo moment. In my belief, a quest system needs to be instilled, as doing a very very hard mission and getting mondo exp, and only from those missions. FREE missions should be the item hunting and PA lvling, but make it hard to actually lvl. Right now, this is what we do in reality. Press X with occasional Y and to press B to heal once in a blue moon. Compared to EVE, WoW, hell even Runescape And Diablo, PSU just has not delivered to its crowd. Mainly the only thing I stay on for is to keep the connection of the good friends I have made over the years.

Does anybody else feel Sega has cheated us?

System-Id
Mar 17, 2009, 12:21 PM
In the events i have encountered, many of us just grind the same 2 or 3 missions all the time. White Beast should be either destroyed or Sega needs to up some of the MP and EXP other missions offer. I used to really love this game, but as AOTI has been out, sega has been lazier and lazier by the month. we were just a few months behind Japan, and now we are about a year behind. My basis is that all of us are paiyng for this game. on just the xbox 360 server alone we have hit 100,000 registered players, but Sega still doesnt want to give us benefit of the doubt. Also, as this goes along, people have become so greedy that you cant ask for help without expecting to give some type of monetary value. people also base their friendships and playmates by wealth and status. I have had this game since august of 2007 and still have not hit the lvl cap EVER (my highest is a 120 and that was my first character). The game just did not deliver it for me. Com[ared to other MMO's I have played, PSU does not deliver what its crowd wants. The potential for this game is just so immaculate it's stunning to see Sega throw away that potential. The challenge of Lvling up is not there it is just a whoopdie doo moment. In my belief, a quest system needs to be instilled, as doing a very very hard mission and getting mondo exp, and only from those missions. FREE missions should be the item hunting and PA lvling, but make it hard to actually lvl. Right now, this is what we do in reality. Press X with occasional Y and to press B to heal once in a blue moon. Compared to EVE, WoW, hell even Runescape And Diablo, PSU just has not delivered to its crowd. Mainly the only thing I stay on for is to keep the connection of the good friends I have made over the years.

Does anybody else feel Sega has cheated us?

Glad somebody else noticed :)
Ive feel your pain. V1 Were the best days.
They do get lazier and lazier they even fail at ending an an even on time? Come on.... Theres plenty of games out their that are FREE to play that provide better services than PSU. My personal thought is that if Blizzard for WoW can maintain 10mill+ players and SEGA cant even make less than 500ppl happy THEY F'N FAIL. Because all im seeing is people quit left and right including myself.

LaMBoLOgy
Mar 17, 2009, 12:37 PM
This game has given the chance to meet a few unique people, which I now consider as friends. It used to be fun, but a constant Runs in the same spots, for months on edge was enough to drive me to insanity. Boredom set it's roots in. i'm not gonna lie, i miss psu often, and I wonder how my ppl are doing, but it is sega who failed us. i'd come back if a few changes we're implemented. i played since release FAITHFULLY. I kinda feel betrayed. But peace and love to all who duked it out. Mad respect.

Zarode
Mar 17, 2009, 12:41 PM
inb4/wtfwhywazthizmovde!!!!!!!!!!!/

japanese dinosaur
Mar 17, 2009, 12:45 PM
you've had the game since 07 and havent hit the level cap? Not to be disrepectful or anything but dont you think you're leveling a bit slow?? i mean, even if you level 1 level a day you're still bound to hit the level cap if you played since 07. Considering you've been given leveling chances such as 2 mag events, Carnival etc.

but i must say though in all honesty that Sega isnt doing to bad these days. You must also consider that their PSU staff isnt as large as it used to be, two Sega has more important matters to attend to (such as making newer games) rather than tending to a game that came out two years ago. But regardless they're still giving us contents that arent that bad. Im sure that you've noticed that they've been picking up the pace. Parum GBR, Lightning Carnival, and now white day repsectfully, and soon we'll be getting shred the darkness due to the fact that they've asked for our input on the name of the event.

Although i agree 10$ is a bit much for what the game is worth but hey its still fun.

Merumeru
Mar 17, 2009, 01:15 PM
Oh wow, we're a YEAR behind in updates? XD man thats pretty tough cookies right there

Sayara
Mar 17, 2009, 01:16 PM
I have had the game since around the beginning and im only level 70. I don't think I've leveled slow at all!

Merumeru
Mar 17, 2009, 01:19 PM
you've had the game since 07 and havent hit the level cap? Not to be disrepectful or anything but dont you think you're leveling a bit slow?? i mean, even if you level 1 level a day you're still bound to hit the level cap if you played since 07.XD a level a day is burning yourself out to where youre just left waiting for more content all the time XP

SStrikerR
Mar 17, 2009, 02:34 PM
I got this game online 3 months after it came out, which was in dec 06, I never even got close to the cap with my main. Grinding missions for hours on end isn't fun for me, and neither is soloing.

People who got the SN/G in MAG2 needed about 8k points a day to stay on the board I believe. At 8 minutes per run and time to start the next run, that would take you about 2 hours 15 mins or so if I my estimates were correct. Running 1 mission that many times, no matter how fast it is, is boring as shit. I really don't see how people worked that hard for a SN/G. BTW, the topic title applies to 75% of PSU's population, if not more.

Metal Heart
Mar 17, 2009, 03:05 PM
you've had the game since 07 and havent hit the level cap? Not to be disrepectful or anything but dont you think you're leveling a bit slow?? i mean, even if you level 1 level a day you're still bound to hit the level cap if you played since 07. Considering you've been given leveling chances such as 2 mag events, Carnival etc.

but i must say though in all honesty that Sega isnt doing to bad these days. You must also consider that their PSU staff isnt as large as it used to be, two Sega has more important matters to attend to (such as making newer games) rather than tending to a game that came out two years ago. But regardless they're still giving us contents that arent that bad. Im sure that you've noticed that they've been picking up the pace. Parum GBR, Lightning Carnival, and now white day repsectfully, and soon we'll be getting shred the darkness due to the fact that they've asked for our input on the name of the event.

Although i agree 10$ is a bit much for what the game is worth but hey its still fun.

whats the point of hitting he lvl cap in all reality. I heard it gets really boring and annoying to see XP FULL everytime you kill stuff. i believe not hitting the cap has what made me stay on because of having something of maybe looking forward to. and the 1 lvl a day, that just gets annoying. I did try that and it was like wtf. plus the economy of this game is just holy cow crap. looking back on WoW, when you lvl up about every two or 3 lvls later on you get new skills and tech trees to benefit your "hard" work. on PSU it just is a status. now for a console MMO they have done ok. But right now I am looking at Star Wars: Old Republic and if they keep the Kotor fighting formula, then PS title will be blown away. going back to PSO with getting and finding sweet MAGS, different weapons, I don't care if we had different missions, just more variety in items. the small things do count! on PSU, their really is no individuality. you can find the same exact style you play anywhere. diversity = happy

Lance813
Mar 17, 2009, 04:59 PM
PSO is fun and easy to play, but PSU is all grinding and even easier. (which isn't a good thing)

Aries2384
Mar 17, 2009, 07:34 PM
Mmm, an above post. Whats the point of hitting the lvl cap? Well when the Advanced job thingummy minor expansion comes out, there will be a HUGE point to hitting the lvl cap. Tweaking types and character abilities etc etc. I think this game will get alittle better whenever that update comes out. But if you want an in-depth MMO, go play WoW or FFXI. If you want a simple game where you can log on and accomplish something with 30 mins, play this. Pretty easy.

KodiaX987
Mar 17, 2009, 11:04 PM
You're playing an online game. Of course you'll be disappointed! :wacko:

furrypaws
Mar 17, 2009, 11:16 PM
Sega really dropped the ball with this game. It had tons of potential, the ability to be constantly expanded and new content brought forth.

I don't really buy the "they have other things to work on" ploy though. That might explain them slowing down a little, but come on. Aside from events we get like one mission every two months. If they can't even put forth the effort to make a few missions, they've quite clearly come close to abandoning the game.

Hopefully they will pickup after the "expansion" we're supposed to get. Of course, the US won't get that until sometime around 2011...if the game is even running that long. =P

Metal Heart
Mar 20, 2009, 01:44 AM
exactly it is an online game, a game thats supposed to be "watched"

Cracka_J
Mar 20, 2009, 10:05 AM

I've played/play quite a few other online games, none of them ever provoke me to write paragraphs upon paragraphs of disgust in the way that the PSU management, staff, and development team did. I thoroughly enjoyed PSU (the game) from launch. Picked up on release, played offline for a few days and then went online by the weekend. I played for 2 and a half years and loved PSU, but the way it was ran, managed and tried to be maintained by GM's was the worst thing I've seen in ANY online experience.

The GM's were by far the worst overall part for me. Having to deal with sega's bs on a weekly, if not daily basis, then greeted by these tools who try to smile and make you look the other way while sonic hacks at your back with a chainsaw. It was the worst feeling I've ever had playing an online game, and I'm proud and salute you guys if you never caved into their bs. Because that's what it was, plain, simple and utter BULLSHIT.

So even through all that crap I was still with the game, because it was that enjoyable to me. My breaking point with PSU is not what it is currently, but where the game is headed. The cash shop is a complete deal breaker for me. I've already discussed it before, so I'm not going to get into detail again, but that idea alone and what it stands for is a big no-no for me as a gamer.

But yeah, dispite EVERYTHING, I still say I had a great time with the game & made some great friends through it. Though if your thinking of bailing, I'd just do it. Save your time and money and go enjoy something else, because there are plenty of quality products out there, and companies who actually work to deserve your money. That company will not be Sega, ever again.

MrNomad
Mar 21, 2009, 11:30 PM
PSU V1 was a rocky start, with there being more content on offline mode than online mode. Then they added some S2 missions and one quest that people would spam for an eternity, and then every other month or so we had lvl brackets go up with a handful of rares being unlocked, most of which were useless. And for the most part, nothing else really happened.

Then came some special events like photon erasers and 1UP, which brought life back to the game, or for the most part, gave most people a new mission to spam the first few weeks before leaving the game until something new came along. After spamming those events, the servers went back to normal and most of the locals went into hibernation.

Then came AotI, promising a whole new experience to PSU, or for the most part, brought back a lot of old past game enemies, items, and events. It offered new areas with greater rewards than past missions, so instead of ST balancing out rewards for each of the missions, they left it as is and made the populace spam only the mission with the best reward (white beast).

Then came the big AotI event, which was a bunch of PSO maps joined together. People spammed that for weeks before they got tired and left the game.

PSU's entirety is just spam spam spam. It was a grindfest from the start, and it was a grindfest to the end. Servers lagged tons and support was minimal. For a big corporation online game it barely surpasses most free to download online rpgs.

And they made us pay 10$ a month for it too :P