PDA

View Full Version : AotI Are Master Classes the "end all"?

Elley
Mar 17, 2009, 04:31 PM
I love my fighgunner, but should she just be a "fighmaster" at this point? I see they can use double sabers as well. What are the pros and cons between the two?

Guns are a really nice benefit, but the lvl 1 fighmaster attack power is almost equal to the level 20 fighgunner attack power! Plus they attack faster. I feel gimped :(

I can make a fighmaster, but I saw they can only use S rank armor, and the cheapest is 4 mil.

Swiftstrike
Mar 17, 2009, 04:54 PM
Personally, I like Fighgunner (S rank machinegun and S rank saber) over fighmaster, but I sacrifice damage/speed lol.

On the 360 servers I got my S rank armor for about 500000 meseta.

_Vyser_
Mar 17, 2009, 05:08 PM
Yes, the master classes can get slightly faster times on most missions, but weapon selection can be annoying for some people. Personally, I would suggest at least trying out FM, but don't feel bad about playing Figh from time-to-time (that's what my friend does).

xzidanex
Mar 17, 2009, 05:11 PM
Yeah, as stated above, the attack speed increase makes them a bit better, but I personally don't like them. Like Vyser said, the weapon selection is what kills Fighmaster for me. If you like double sabers, swords, axes, and spears, then definitely go for it, or at least give it a shot. Me personally, I like my twin sabers, knuckles and twin claws, so I can't stand Fighmaster. Either way, I'd say at least give it a shot.

dexter_safe
Mar 17, 2009, 05:32 PM
well try it and if u don't like it then go back to fighgunner ^^

Inazuma
Mar 17, 2009, 05:48 PM
fighmaster has a better weapon selection than fighgunner. axes alone are way better than every gun FG has. FM clears missions much faster than FG, bottom line. FG is just a stepping stone after all.

Elley
Mar 17, 2009, 06:42 PM
I switched tonight and picked up a nice axe to go with my double sabers. Awesome! Also found some decent armor without a headslot (not too big a deal for a fighter) for cheap. Good fun.

_Vyser_
Mar 18, 2009, 01:50 AM
Cool, glad you were able to get a good start with FM. Just hope you have someone with a gun in your party for those missions with out-of-reach buttons and/or bosses that fly. :D

GBshooter
Mar 18, 2009, 07:15 AM
I think fighmaster is an alright class, but I warn you now..... I became a fighmaster and I started to like it a lot, but for a certain mission I needed guns so I switched back to fighgunner and I was so depressed from it from how slow they were and how much less damage you do... So if you plan on going back to FG then don't get to engrossed... Or it could just be me... otherwise carry on..

darkante
Mar 18, 2009, 07:19 AM
The thing is, when you get drunk with the speed increase.
It will be hard to go back. =/

Like trying to go back to PSO after playing with Fighmaster for a while.
Even worse!

Beast Boy
Mar 18, 2009, 11:25 AM
fighmasters are week and take bout 50whtie beast s2 to get to lvl 2 fighmaster and a fighmaster can only use s rank weapons stay as a fighgunner and when shred the darkness come out get some s rank weps and use them mission points

Inazuma
Mar 18, 2009, 01:20 PM
fighmasters are week and take bout 50whtie beast s2 to get to lvl 2 fighmaster and a fighmaster can only use s rank weapons stay as a fighgunner and when shred the darkness come out get some s rank weps and use them mission points

so let me get this straight. the reasons that fighmaster is weak is b/c it takes long to level the type and also they are unable to use crappy items? those arent very good reasons.

it only takes about a week of moderate play to level FM to 20, so thats no big deal. and why would you want to use weak A rank items anyway? maybe thats why you think FM is weak. you're doing it wrong.

ashley50
Mar 18, 2009, 01:31 PM
Masters are "ok" Both with Upside and Downside.
Restriction to weapons they specialize can be a problem at some point when soloing...(assuming you like to solo)

lower HP and Stats but with correct way of playing, it should not be a problem.

Calsetes
Mar 18, 2009, 01:51 PM
Eh. I think the Fighmaster classes are a tad overpowered, even considering the exclusion of ranged weapons. I haven't used or seen enough Gunmasters to make a determination about how they rate with the other classes, but they seem like a pretty balanced class (their rifle and shotgun shots slow down after a certain level, from what I've heard). Masterforces do need something as a bigger boon to them, with that many people complaining about them there has to be something to it.

I honestly think that if you try Fighmaster and like it, stick with it. If you don't, then stick with Fighgunner. I plan on keeping my one beast as a fighgunner, only because as others stated it's the weapon selection - she uses knuckles, double sabers, daggers, and twin daggers, in addition to twin handguns, a crossbow, and a machine gun. There are other more damaging classes out there, but I like to think that everyone has a niche they fall into - mine's good at causing some havoc on the battlefield with status effects from her mechgun, knocking enemies around with her knuckles, and just being extremely mobile with her twin weapons.

Syanaide
Mar 18, 2009, 04:04 PM
Fighmaster/Gunmaster: Yes
Masterfoce: No

Ok.

RemiusTA
Mar 18, 2009, 05:04 PM
Are master classes "end all"?

No. they are no more "end all" than the Forte classes. Actually, they're quite similar.

Hybrid classes focus on mixing for situational use. Forte focuses on one class of weapons for maximum ranging, melee, or technic potental. Master classes simply expand on forte, and for the loss of tons of other weapon and PA choices, they concentrate on an even smaller portion, and then increase speed/PA levels to compensate.

Fighmaster focuses on primarily Heavy weapons to destroy everything, Gunmaster focuses on agility and distance to keep distance from target while inflicting steady damage, and Masterforce focuses on nothing but bombardment of offensive technics.

maybe thats why you think FM is weak. you're doing it wrong.

This made me laugh pretty hard, btw.

Lobos
Mar 18, 2009, 06:28 PM
Fm is alright if you wanna see a significant dmg change between FM and Fighgunner i hope you have nice S ranks and Btw grinded high % A ranks outpower reg S ranks anyday lol. my 50% 10/10 Nightwalkers have same ATP as a 4/10 dbl agito and 6/10 crea doubles and 3/10 carriguine rucar so to beat it you must grind it higher and get a better % so A ranks are not weak. thanks to ppl saying that the ppl that know this can get the A ranks cheaper and out damage most ppl ^^. but the diff between FM and fighgunner for me is about 75 dmg. since my 50% A ranks outdmgs my 46% S ranks

Inazuma
Mar 18, 2009, 06:53 PM
Fm is alright if you wanna see a significant dmg change between FM and Fighgunner i hope you have nice S ranks and Btw grinded high % A ranks outpower reg S ranks anyday lol. my 50% 10/10 Nightwalkers have same ATP as a 4/10 dbl agito and 6/10 crea doubles and 3/10 carriguine rucar so to beat it you must grind it higher and get a better % so A ranks are not weak. thanks to ppl saying that the ppl that know this can get the A ranks cheaper and out damage most ppl ^^. but the diff between FM and fighgunner for me is about 75 dmg. since my 50% A ranks outdmgs my 46% S ranks

A ranks are weak mostly b/c they can only be used by weak types. even if A ranks were way better, if you have to be FF to use them, its pretty pointless >_>

lets compare spears!

Gekitsunaata (S rank spear)

668 pp
728 power
317 accuracy
longer range

Mukatorando (A rank spear)

439 pp
729 power
313 accuracy
shorter range

these are the best spears for S and A rank, right? the difference isnt huge, but the S rank is overall better. if you are new to the game, a FF w/ A ranks could be better temporarily, but after you make some meseta, you can buy some 40% S ranks and easily surpass a perfect FF by a large amount. dont forget about all the other advantages FM has like traps, speed boost and double sabers.

what good is extra power if you cant even hit w/ it? i imagine that FF players would have a very hard time landing hits w/ jarbroga, where as FM has little trouble.

Lobos
Mar 18, 2009, 07:12 PM
ok ^_^

Zabrio
Mar 18, 2009, 07:29 PM
it all depends on how you want to play honestly i prefer Fighgunner (just don't like weapon selection of Fighmaster too much doesn't fit my play style :P) but it is up to you, you might like it just experiment and use what you like more

miko00014
Mar 18, 2009, 11:29 PM
My biggest gripe with FM is the actual weapon selection. Spears I don't care for, axes I just loathe now, swords for the most part are crap(though they can still be useful), and just about everyone loves double sabers. Everyone has their own preferences, but if your okay using only those weapons, then by all means you should see if it's for you.

Cloudstrife xx
Mar 21, 2009, 11:33 AM
MasterClasses are very overpowered Fighmaster and gunmaster being the most powerful hands down if your telling me that a fighgunner or fortefighter are stronger then you must be a very ignorant person....

Zabrio
Mar 21, 2009, 02:36 PM
MasterClasses are very overpowered Fighmaster and gunmaster being the most powerful hands down if your telling me that a fighgunner or fortefighter are stronger then you must be a very ignorant person....

they maybe be more powerful but are also weaker in def and other stats honestly it comes down to play style so if your better with fighgunner or fortefighter than you are with FM or GM then in a way your stronger than you would be with fighmaster. maybe not more damage per hit but in how effectively you attack.

Neith
Mar 21, 2009, 03:11 PM
these are the best spears for S and A rank, right? the difference isnt huge, but the S rank is overall better. if you are new to the game, a FF w/ A ranks could be better temporarily, but after you make some meseta, you can buy some 40% S ranks and easily surpass a perfect FF by a large amount. dont forget about all the other advantages FM has like traps, speed boost and double sabers.

what good is extra power if you cant even hit w/ it? i imagine that FF players would have a very hard time landing hits w/ jarbroga, where as FM has little trouble.

Problem being that 40%+ S-Ranks usable by Fighmaster are incredibly expensive and/or not for sale, at least on EU/US PC/PS2. Sure, I prefer playing Fighmaster to fF, but saying people should buy 40%+ S-Rank Axe/Spear/Double/Sword seems a bit much. You'd need to make a ridiculous amount of Meseta to justify buying all that gear, and Fighmaster is expensive enough to equip as it is.

Also, I've used a fF extensively in S2 missions- landing Jabroga is no problem if you know when to use it. Yes, easier as FM, but still easy as fF if you have an idea how long you need to set it up.

I bought all my FM gear before the prices spiked, and it still set me back 30 million, which is a lot for someone who hasn't played too long.

In short; if you want a class to be cheap to equip, prefer lower PP costs, and freedom of equippable weapon types, stick as a Hybrid or Forte class. If you don't mind the weapon/armour restriction, and have the money to equip one, a Master class is well worth using.

RemiusTA
Mar 21, 2009, 03:24 PM
My biggest gripe with FM is the actual weapon selection. Spears I don't care for, axes I just loathe now, swords for the most part are crap(though they can still be useful), and just about everyone loves double sabers. Everyone has their own preferences, but if your okay using only those weapons, then by all means you should see if it's for you.

Funny part is, Spears, Axes and Swords are the absolute most effective weapons in the game. (thanks to Majjara, jarbroga and Gravity/tornado break.) Double Sabers just make it even more rape thanks to the broken-ass Tornado Strike move.

Fighmaster is Brokemaster. Gunmaster is just as broken as Fighmaster, just in a far more modest and teamfriendly way. Masterforce...well, compared to the two it just fucking sucks.

fay
Mar 21, 2009, 06:24 PM
fighmaster has a better weapon selection than fighgunner. axes alone are way better than every gun FG has. FM clears missions much faster than FG, bottom line. FG is just a stepping stone after all.

straight away i feel as i need to voice my opinion here. axes are by far the worst weapon in the game. i know a lot of people will not agree but thats how it is too me. i like twin claws, twin daggers, , twin sabers, double sabers and the single handed dagger, saber and claw isnt bad either.

to me, fighgunner is just the complete and utter upgrade to a fighmaster.

i do not care about big numbers unlike most of you

Konsuishi
Mar 21, 2009, 06:31 PM
I love my fighgunner, but should she just be a "fighmaster" at this point? I see they can use double sabers as well. What are the pros and cons between the two?

Guns are a really nice benefit, but the lvl 1 fighmaster attack power is almost equal to the level 20 fighgunner attack power! Plus they attack faster. I feel gimped :(

I can make a fighmaster, but I saw they can only use S rank armor, and the cheapest is 4 mil.

YA if you are playing on the xbox 360 servers one of the good s rank armors goes for about 4-500k and believe me I play only a fighmaster and it's killer not having any long range attacks. Fighgunners have the benefits of long range and good overall attack so it's not bad staying as a fighgunner.

Cloudstrife xx
Mar 21, 2009, 07:08 PM
straight away i feel as i need to voice my opinion here. axes are by far the worst weapon in the game. i know a lot of people will not agree but thats how it is too me. i like twin claws, twin daggers, , twin sabers, double sabers and the single handed dagger, saber and claw isnt bad either.

Umm yeah about that do you play psu at all do you even play Fighmaster hmm... i dont care about big numbers either i care about running missions fast so i make more meseta and win race events.

Anga jabroga wipes most monsters against the floor lol majarra,dus robado and spiral dance own with that speed bonus and tornado dance is great for travel and trust me ive played fighgunner alot along with fortefighter now i wont disagree with you that fighgunner isnt fun but speed wise fighmaster is a mile away faster no arguement.

GUNcrazy12
Mar 21, 2009, 09:32 PM
yea, the cheapest armor is not like 4 mill. I dont know who told you that, but nooooo!
Go buy a Rabol lumirus or an asura senba or something, those are **maybe half a mill, and they're good.

kejen
Mar 21, 2009, 11:01 PM
No they aren't "good".

Rabol lumirus is ground only. A 30%+ for a ground area I will admit is a "decent" armor. What about the rest of the elements? You know how many people I have seen fighting mother brain with a rabol lumirus on? Or even people running duel in the ruins with a rabol lumirus. They have no idea what they are doing. Take it off.

Asura-senba is just terrible armor for a fighmaster. No board meaning nothing over 30%, and the worst part is no body slot. Shinowa line is a much better choice, but still a bad one.

There are 2 real amors for fighmaster. Serafi-senba and armas line. Just to MAKE an armas line wil cost you over 70 mil!! And serafi is 10-15 mil to make. Even if you get the board yourself, still spent the money since you could of sold it. And 30 mil+ for a serafi over 30% (xbox) which is your best bet. "Good" serafi closer to a stack.

InfiniDragon
Mar 22, 2009, 02:52 AM
I never considered FM broken. I see them as highly specialized; they seem like a hybrid of a hybrid to me, basically like a lot of FF and a little Figh. Yeah, Majarra and Jabroken are bad, but any class with those moves deals a lot of damage. As for dubs and saying Tornado Dance is broken, it's nada compared to Spiral Dance. Spiral is really, really good if used right, and even then I don't consider it "broken".

On the topic of Armor, Lumirus is the entry level FM armor. Cheap, easy to get, but only one element. On the topic of using ground armor on lightning missions, yeah you can get hurt, but sometimes it's all you can get. If you get hurt in Duel in the Ruins though...lol. As for Serafi, I would'nt even bother and went straight for Armas (considering Serafi is an inferior Armas). Unless you're broke, in which it's kinda a bad idea to play Master classes anyway. XD

Poppaspanx
Mar 22, 2009, 06:39 AM
Well considering that you can switch your class at any given time, I say switch to Fighmaster when you want to specifically use the weapons that they offer. When you want to use the weapons that Fighgunner offers, use those.

Zabrio
Mar 22, 2009, 10:59 AM
No they aren't "good".

Rabol lumirus is ground only. A 30%+ for a ground area I will admit is a "decent" armor. What about the rest of the elements? You know how many people I have seen fighting mother brain with a rabol lumirus on? Or even people running duel in the ruins with a rabol lumirus. They have no idea what they are doing. Take it off.

Asura-senba is just terrible armor for a fighmaster. No board meaning nothing over 30%, and the worst part is no body slot. Shinowa line is a much better choice, but still a bad one.

There are 2 real amors for fighmaster. Serafi-senba and armas line. Just to MAKE an armas line wil cost you over 70 mil!! And serafi is 10-15 mil to make. Even if you get the board yourself, still spent the money since you could of sold it. And 30 mil+ for a serafi over 30% (xbox) which is your best bet. "Good" serafi closer to a stack.

Well honestly you don't always have to have the right armor hack i did the bonus mission ice area and forgot to take off lumirus line 28% and still did pretty well, as long as you know what your doing you can survive, i mean yeah having the right element helps but it isn't everything
(and no i am not fighmaster :P)

honestly like i said before it all depends on how you prefer to play

darkante
Mar 22, 2009, 11:12 AM
Armour elements depends very much on what you are up against.
Not much point arguing about using the right armour element when there are several elements up in the mix either.

RemiusTA
Mar 22, 2009, 11:18 AM

I thought Axes sucked too. That was before i got Anga Redda's second, and then WHOLY SATISFYING final combo.

And then i got Jarboga.

Elley
Mar 22, 2009, 01:28 PM
I picked up a serafi-senba. My God, do most people buy an armor for each element? Talk about overkill. This game isn't that hard, and dying doesn't even mean anything. Seems like a lot of cash/farming for little reason. I just grab a decent armor and play.

Hardcore PSU players frighten me. Seriously.

darkante
Mar 22, 2009, 01:38 PM
I picked up a serafi-senba. My God, do most people buy an armor for each element? Talk about overkill. This game isn't that hard, and dying doesn't even mean anything. Seems like a lot of cash/farming for little reason. I just grab a decent armor and play.

Hardcore PSU players frighten me. Seriously.

I feel that having a palette of Storm-Lines for the GM class is enough for me.
Using a neutral armour isnīt that bad, i just like to have something just in case they do start to really matter.

fay
Mar 22, 2009, 02:03 PM
Umm yeah about that do you play psu at all do you even play Fighmaster hmm... i dont care about big numbers either i care about running missions fast so i make more meseta and win race events.

Anga jabroga wipes most monsters against the floor lol majarra,dus robado and spiral dance own with that speed bonus and tornado dance is great for travel and trust me ive played fighgunner alot along with fortefighter now i wont disagree with you that fighgunner isnt fun but speed wise fighmaster is a mile away faster no arguement.

dont get me wrong. i know it can complete levels faster than fighgunner and fortefighter.

i dont mind abouty getting through the levels asap though.
fair enough it gets you more mesata an stuff but im sure others will agree here. if the only reason you play is to get through the level asap and start another then complete asap (rinse repeat) then to me that seems like the game has become a job.

i like getting through fast but i like to just sit in the level at times and talk to people. i wanna be able to enjoy the levels so it doesnt become another job for me =[

Hrith
Mar 22, 2009, 02:07 PM

Hardcore PSU players frighten me. Seriously.You greatly overestimate how hard it is to get a set of mid 30% S-grade shields.

darkante
Mar 23, 2009, 12:05 AM
if the only reason you play is to get through the level asap and start another then complete asap (rinse repeat) then to me that seems like the game has become a job.

You know what has become a job? Love Inferno. >.>