PDA

View Full Version : Who is bored of nanoblast...

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 18, 2009, 08:37 AM
Hiya all,

Just wondering if any other beast characters got bored of nanoblasts and don't have a tattoo anymore? I did this with Tifa a couple of months ago, its nice having a bit more of a challenge I think, because I don't see why Beasts and CASTS need any extra privelages lol, I mean Beasts have high enough ATP and stats for fighting and CASTS have such high DFP and ATA I think that a special ability is kinda overkill.

Anyone else agree? Disagree?

Tifa

Mysterious-G
Mar 18, 2009, 08:45 AM
I learned that the invincible nanoblast comes in handy...
[spoiler-box]when I want to be able to chat a bit more for some seconds.[/spoiler-box]

darkante
Mar 18, 2009, 08:51 AM
I like the tattoe on my figurene. No one is forcing anyone to use the special abilities anyway, so why bother?

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 18, 2009, 08:56 AM
Eh before i deleted my higher level beast, i didnt use nanoblat that much
on a side note i coulda sworn i saw a guy with the power tattoo on his arm at the mall the other day >_<

Neith
Mar 18, 2009, 08:56 AM
I know that Touka didn't use a tattoo for a while (I forget whether she has one currently or not). As for me, I've used Neith without an SUV before (hell, I've ran the Carnival mission with no armour equipped because I wanted a laugh), but Paradi is undeniably useful. As it stands, there's not really a reason to NOT use an SUV :lol:

When I had a Beastgirl, I always had a tattoo on her, but to be honest I always thought it looked ugly (I kept it because I figured 'it might be useful one day'). :wacko:

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 18, 2009, 09:00 AM
I agree i don't like how the tattoos look, well not on female beasts. Thats crazy though dark emerald that you saw someone with a tattoo, I wonder if it was PSU influenced?

I do that too Neith, not having my armour equipped. But i also find that my yiel line unequips itself randomly, I keep thinking i'd notice no puyo's everywhere but it just seems to skip my mind lol. I think alot of clothes look better without the photon pattern all over them

Tifa

EspioKaos
Mar 18, 2009, 09:25 AM
on a side note i coulda sworn i saw a guy with the power tattoo on his arm at the mall the other day >_<
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2260457&postcount=111 o:

Wasn't me, though. Mine's the invincible badge. :wacko:

On the subject at hand, it's always been rare for me to use my nanoblast, particularly since as a Force, it pulled me out of the party support game. I hate not being able to help out my teammates in a pinch with a little Resta or Reverser. (I guess I've gotten over that since going Masterforce, though.) Originally, I only used the defense badge, but eventually switched to invincible. Even though it's shorter, at least I don't have to worry about getting one- or two-hit-KO'd while trying to beat the crap out of something.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 18, 2009, 09:29 AM
I agree i don't like how the tattoos look, well not on female beasts. Thats crazy though dark emerald that you saw someone with a tattoo, I wonder if it was PSU influenced?

I do that too Neith, not having my armour equipped. But i also find that my yiel line unequips itself randomly, I keep thinking i'd notice no puyo's everywhere but it just seems to skip my mind lol. I think alot of clothes look better without the photon pattern all over them

Tifa
If it was the tattoo then its possible
thats like LONG time ago (maybe like 5 years ago) i saw this guy with one of the PSO logos
i cant seem to find a picture of it but i kno it had to of been for the tattoo artist to draw that

it wasnt this
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b6/Phantasy_star_online_logo.jpg

>.> lol

>.> lol
naw i actually saw the guy

Akaimizu
Mar 18, 2009, 09:35 AM
Not really bored. I have some macros on my character based on the nanoblast thing. I'd figure, if it wasn't for those, it wouldn't be quite as fun.

Still, there are times when it is decent to use, other times when I'd rather not use it. And certain times when it just plain makes it seem funny. Like a Defense Beast vs. SEED Magashi. Defense Beast wins practically every time. But it's made funnier when SEED Magashi is calling you weak when in reality, his SEED form is the inferior being. (Let's see, damage you do to Magashi. In the thousands. Damage he does to you? 25.)

Mr T 13
Mar 18, 2009, 09:41 AM
I have to say that the nanoblast is not really on my mind when I play my beast. I don't hardly remember that I have it half of the time and it seems that it is not needed most of the time. I'm not even sure I deal more damage with a power beast than when I'm just in my normal state. Also, I don't really care for how they look. I'm not saying they look bad, but I'm not going around telling everyone to look at it either.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 18, 2009, 09:44 AM
Ahh magashi i find too easy, just get him stuck against one of the 4 boxes and he just tries to run or charge at me, but cant hit me, but my sword or spear is long enough to hit him until he's dead, works when there are 2 of them sometimes too ^^

Tifa

Will_Nonheim
Mar 18, 2009, 10:03 AM
In my case I have no Beasts, instead having two CASTs (I decided that based on my liking of PSU's clothes; I wanted to have all 4 clothing options available).

I kind of agree overall, the SUVs/Nanoblasts feel like overkill to me given my human lacks it and such. I usually wind up keeping my SUV at full charge and waiting until I'm properly boned to use it (for instance, while soloing a mission with a mob of Vahras comboing me, when I'm at about 10% of my max HP I'll use Paradi to save myself a Scape Doll).

Otherwise, I don't use it while soloing. Now in -teams-... Since usually playing in teams is part of a bid for EXP/MP/finishing the mission quicker, it becomes appropriate somehow, IMO.

Rust
Mar 18, 2009, 10:41 AM
I took a Nanoblast badge for my beast around the levels 60-70 I think, mostly because not having one was part of her character background.
I tried out Power nano, not because of what it was doing, but because it was matching her hair color (redheads ftw). I honestly thought it was shitty ; targetting is handled so poorly and the attacks so slow that it isn't even the slightest enjoyable.

I'm still using it though, but I switched to the Invincible one. This proved handy, especially when I'm soloing and sick of dodging attacks. :wacko: I found out the Power nano is the worst of the four actually. I even tried the evasion/accuracy one, and I hardly deal less damage than with the attack nano while blocking almost everything i wouldn't want to take in the face.
I also like how the tattoo looks on her. Adds up bonus points to hotness on my beast IMO.

As for my CAST ; I don't find SUV boring either, mostly because I have macros set up for it, like Akaimizu, and I only use Ascension Gift for the lulz and Gigas Faust because it looks awesome and goes well with my Inspector Gadget's "Go-Go-Gadget'o'BoBo!" macro.

Beast Boy
Mar 18, 2009, 11:20 AM
i think they need to bring new beast forms out like elemental fire ice dark light ground beasts and others like demon beast and stuff cause these beasts are boring

The_Brimada
Mar 18, 2009, 11:54 AM
I only get bored of the female nano.

Darklighter
Mar 18, 2009, 11:59 AM
I never liked nanoblast in the first place. SUV is an entire diffrent story though as they are awesome.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 18, 2009, 12:13 PM
I find nanoblast targeting with females really effective, as the quick rolling attacks can hit multiple enemies, although I use a 360 controller on my PC so movement is alot more precise. I found male nanoblasts more restrictive as its alot less movement.

But just in general I felt its an unecessary ability when newmans and humans don't get anything. Unless they get more % increases with different job types compared to CASTS and beasts?

I like the giant sword SUV for CASTS but i've deleted my CAST character a few months ago, i'd quite like to make another CAST, maybe a guntecher...

Tifa

•Col•
Mar 18, 2009, 01:04 PM
The only thing that irks me is that all of them look exactly the same way besides a color swap... T_T I wish they'd make them look at least a LITTLE different, or maybe different kinds of attacks. A few new nanoblasts would be cool too...

But Sega is most likely too lazy to do that.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Mar 18, 2009, 01:10 PM
The only thing that irks me is that all of them look exactly the same way besides a color swap... T_T I wish they'd make them look at least a LITTLE different, or maybe different kinds of attacks. A few new nanoblasts would be cool too...

But Sega is most likely too lazy to do that.

Maybe its not that they're too lazy but that they simply can't adjust the looks of them. I'm not a programming expert or anything but without hard drive support perhaps its impossible to modify the character models.

Pernonaly I'd like to have more options and colors, and perhaps some "+" versions of existing colors ( much how SUV got "attacker" versions of existing SUV). One day I'd like to take on rainbow beasts with a party of rainbow beasts.

Akaimizu
Mar 18, 2009, 01:29 PM
For me, I think the only thing kind of strange with the nanoblast is the walking animation for female beasts. A hand on the hip, sashay is the last thing I would've expected. Especially since they usually make it a point that you beast in a fit of rage.

The walk, on the other hand, shows a little too much like she's trying to be glamorous in the fit of her rage. :) :) If that makes sense. (Even funnier for Laia, because she does that *after* saying, "I will Destroy you!!!")

Heck. Laia wouldn't do that out of beast form. That kind of stuff probably angers her.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Mar 18, 2009, 01:48 PM
For me, I think the only thing kind of strange with the nanoblast is the walking animation for female beasts. A hand on the hip, sashay is the last thing I would've expected. Especially since they usually make it a point that you beast in a fit of rage.

The walk, on the other hand, shows a little too much like she's trying to be glamorous in the fit of her rage. :) :) If that makes sense. (Even funnier for Laia, because she does that *after* saying, "I will Destroy you!!!")

Heck. Laia wouldn't do that out of beast form. That kind of stuff probably angers her.

Actually the walk is somewhat fitting. Taken from Wiki about She-hulk

"Eventually, Jennifer decides that she is going to retain her She-Hulk form permanently — preferring the freedom, confidence, and assertiveness that it gave her compared to her more timorous and fragile "normal" form."

So I'm betting that the same thing applies to female beasts seeing as they generally got the butt-end of societies popularity poll. "Beast women are filthy" and all that jazz.

EspioKaos
Mar 18, 2009, 02:18 PM
The only thing that irks me is that all of them look exactly the same way besides a color swap... T_T I wish they'd make them look at least a LITTLE different, or maybe different kinds of attacks.

I'm with you on that. I still remember some of the game's early concept art showing different nanoblast forms besides the two we have. One in particular is this one (http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5369), a slender version of the male nanoblast.

Akaimizu
Mar 18, 2009, 02:28 PM
Actually the walk is somewhat fitting. Taken from Wiki about She-hulk

"Eventually, Jennifer decides that she is going to retain her She-Hulk form permanently — preferring the freedom, confidence, and assertiveness that it gave her compared to her more timorous and fragile "normal" form."

So I'm betting that the same thing applies to female beasts seeing as they generally got the butt-end of societies popularity poll. "Beast women are filthy" and all that jazz.

Not sure that applies here, or to nanoblasts. In Jennifer's case, it's probably more like she keeps her similar mental facilities in Hulk form whereas it seems Nanoblasts are where they freak out. Even the rude female beast in the offline Dagora City, lobby, seems to imply that nanoblasts are there to rip others to shreds.

But, for me, I think it's just providing some incentive to get people to only run in female beast nanoblast form, simply to keep the character of being enraged.

landman
Mar 18, 2009, 03:35 PM
If they added a carge attack and/or a tornado atack to the nanoblast it could be more fun, and a running button, at least you would use it to speed up lol

The_Brimada
Mar 18, 2009, 03:35 PM
I'm with you on that. I still remember some of the game's early concept art showing different nanoblast forms besides the two we have. One in particular is this one (http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5369), a slender version of the male nanoblast.

I would've liked to see that one in game indeed.

Calsetes
Mar 18, 2009, 03:36 PM
Here's what I think about what someone said earlier, about humans and neumans not getting something similar to nanoblasting (could work plot-wise, maybe...?):

Hopefully with this balancing update they're doing in Japan they'll give us humans and newmen something cool, like maybe......

(spoiler boxified for plot-related stuff)
[SPOILER-BOX]
Maybe a controlled SEED infection. In the story mode, Hyuga turns into a SEED at several points, then reverts back to his human form when knocked out. He can't control himself when he's like that, but maybe "in the future" they eventually control it and harness it, but only Humans and Newmen have the mental fortitude to retain their minds when in SEED form. The only downside is that they can't control when they lose it - once their gauge hits the top, they go nuts. This could give them a special ability similar to nanoblasting, but still be somewhat unique in its execution.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

I think that'd be kinda cool. Just a thought.

hiraisho
Mar 18, 2009, 05:35 PM
I rarely use my nanoblast since I still have plenty of techs that need leveling, but I do still use it on some mobs like the Svaltus.

I've always had the defense badge and will always stay with it, Love the violet color.

necman
Mar 19, 2009, 08:38 AM
The nanoblast and suv were to make up for the weaknesses that beasts and casts once had before all the enemy nerfs. 100 points of damage used to make a difference where now 400 is not much more. Besides Neuman's still have tech powers unmatched to shred through enemies without charging up. Humans get shafted. Being good for everything but never great at anything is being left out.

lanvandam
Mar 19, 2009, 10:02 PM
the concept of beast changing is tight and it was cool when i first seen but i think they need someone new since CASTS get different SUVs and i dont even play as beast

miko00014
Mar 19, 2009, 10:11 PM
Nanoblast felt so boring, because when in a party 1/2 the time things die to quickly to warrant it being used, and it really is the same thing every time. So boring that I made my beast fighgunner a Cast now(Suv weapons def. have a more awesome flair). I would like to see some new nanoblasts as well, the possibilities are there too, although I doubt we will see anything of the sort this late.

Zekester
Mar 19, 2009, 10:53 PM
Nanoblasts are boring, I rarely use mine and half the time I forget I even have one since im focused on PA leveling.

SUVs on the other hand, I love using different ones. Everyone spams Paradi. Hell I use Espada and Faust. People the other day were like "Wtf was that? A Giant Knuckle?"

ashley50
Mar 19, 2009, 11:37 PM
cant say...as I don't have a Beast :p

Noblewine
Mar 19, 2009, 11:38 PM
I like using the Nanoblast because each one is situational. I don't think their boring.

Kion
Mar 20, 2009, 11:48 AM
I`ve only played female beast, and i don`t really care for it. Most of the time it stays lit up just keeping me from seeing how much heath i have left. Generally it actually causes me to die, or i simply don`t use it before completeing the mission. I really don`t care for the attack pattern on females as it`s too sporatics; i prefers to simply use PA`s.

Haven`t played male beast. Everyone i see playing it gets really good damage and solid hits in with it, it just looks soo... primitive.

From playing PSO as HUnewearl and Ramarl i got hooked on being able to cast resta at will. In PSU i tend to stick to mixed tech classes, for the game play i like. Over SUV`s and nano`s i prefer to have nice EVA and TP stats so i ended up going with newman over other races. i honestly don`t miss special abilities all that much.

I doubt PSU will be balanced any time soon. ST has answered to a lot of bitching by players and as a result has somewhat ruined the game (or made it waay to easy). PS-zero does a good job with the classes. It may be nice to see a nother exspansion with some new game play and special abilities fleshed out.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 20, 2009, 11:52 AM
Maybe S rank unique nanoblasts might grab my attention again :3

Tifa

dexter_safe
Mar 21, 2009, 12:49 PM
nanoblast is fun when ur red beast because u have a chance of getting raped ha =P
that S rank suv kinda boring anyhow >.> if u use hundreds of time -.-

Konsuishi
Mar 21, 2009, 06:40 PM
From my very first character i chose to be a human. I saw how everyone chose beast and cast all the time and i thought it was kinda boring. Ya nanoblast and SUV's can be useful but i found more of a challenge just in being a human fighmaster and getting the crap beaten out of me all the time. All in all being human is very fun and i doubt i will be making a beast or cast character any time soon. :trout:

Poppaspanx
Mar 22, 2009, 06:49 AM
I usually use the nanoblast as the "OH SHI-" button, when I'm doing a mission way too hard for me and there's some mobs or a boss thats way too hard.

Oh and, I use the invincibility one. I used to have the power one, but you can't heal in it, which is never fun when you get killed.

I will say though I don't use it THAT much, but it's still fun to use when I do use it. Fun to see monsters fly across the room ^_^

WeeWardle
Mar 23, 2009, 11:12 AM
To be honest im a fighgunner and with the invicible beast mode i probably do less damage than i do with my lvl 50 absolute dance but it is very useful for hard missions eg: stage 9 of the bonus alpha mission at the carnival

WeeWardle
Mar 23, 2009, 11:12 AM
lvl 40 absolute dance srry

Kylie
Mar 23, 2009, 11:46 AM
I've been bored with it for a long time now. I mean, it certainly adds a bit of depth to the race, but the truth is it's not all that useful. It was nice to have Vande Val on the Alpha bonus mission though.

Revolver Renegade
Mar 23, 2009, 08:47 PM
meh its meh. I just wish sega would add different looks and not just color swap the different attributes, at least it mixes it up for a little