PDA

View Full Version : PSU US/EU exclusive events/hoildays?

MegaZoneXE
Mar 20, 2009, 07:52 PM
Events:

Playing ported events from the JP server is okay( Maximum Attack G, Shred f Darkness,etc) but i wish Sega Team OF AMERICA could get their heads together and think of some Exclusive US events, instead of just translating old events that the JP server got 6 month ago. Out of all the major events US has had so far, only a few were "good". Operation: Firebreak was probably the only well done event( it was the ONLY event that was "Universal", requiring us to go to every planet, Unlike all the other events were we are all crammed in some club spamming lol(MY SWEET HOME!) MAX G had potential if only we didn't have to do it a 2nd time, the cause of error 65.

Holidays:

Woot...White day.....we just had Valentines day.

Examples:

Thanksgiving - Rappy Igg - November

Earth Day - Bil De Melan - ( could be both US/JP) ( Nuedaiz holiday: color Green) - April

Fourth of July - Jaggo Sonichi - July

yeah..thats all i have....

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 20, 2009, 08:17 PM
ST doesn't care enough to do that...

Libram
Mar 20, 2009, 09:10 PM
Besides, the few couple events we had that weren't JP clones were mostly lobby events, and even then there was an uproar on the JP side that eventually led to them having copies of our events.

Alecc
Mar 20, 2009, 09:58 PM
well, then people would want all kinds of holiday events (e.g. all european countries, latin american ones etc etc

if they could only give us what japan had but faster, that would be actually perfect.

Dre_o
Mar 20, 2009, 10:56 PM
Since the game developers are Japanese, that would be a negative.

And besides, like stated above, the Japanese can whine and bitch just as much as we can but unlike us, they actually have influence on where this game is going in the future, due to being the first audience.

EDIT: No I'm not racist. But would an American game have events for a Mexican holiday even if the Hispanic population had a decent player base? I think not.

pikachief
Mar 20, 2009, 11:03 PM
Since the game developers are Japanese, that would be a negative.

And besides, like stated above, the Japanese can whine and bitch just as much as we can but unlike us, they actually have influence on where this game is going in the future, due to being the first audience.

EDIT: No I'm not racist. But would an American game have events for a Mexican holiday even if the Hispanic population had a decent player base? I think not.

thats fine, me and my buddies will just go celebrate cinco de mayo in some random moatoob lobby in green white and red ALONE D:

lol ^^

unicorn
Mar 20, 2009, 11:28 PM
It would be interesting if US and JP servers had different events, but it won't happen.

The only events I REALLY enjoyed were Firebreak and 1up. MAG was a spamfest, and was kinda unfair if you werent an elitist who played all day. Winter Event was suckage, had good music though. Winter Carnival was a mess too, but had good exp I guess.

AzureBlaze
Mar 21, 2009, 12:16 AM
Personally, I wouldn't want USA exclusive events.
Then, the JPs would have ammo to throw against us that they should have exclusives too. UNIVERSAL events are the best because everyone gets to enjoy them. You'd fly into a rage if the JPs got some awesome event that we didn't--and they're just as justified in flying into their own rages over there if we got something they didn't.

These "world wide RPGS" are meant for everyone in the world to play and be fair with.
Naturally this comes up often here because "outside of Japan" seems to get the short end of quite a few sticks. The ideal situation would be everyone getting every event at the same exact time.

Arika
Mar 21, 2009, 12:54 AM
We already have them :
1. exclusive event = TA tournament.
2. exclusive holiday = the green color day which I don't think JP has it? (may be, since my country never have it)

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 21, 2009, 01:14 AM
1. exclusive event = TA tournament.
I'd rather have GLA.

Cracka_J
Mar 21, 2009, 01:39 AM
Mission spotlight!

:D

Swiftstrike
Mar 21, 2009, 02:27 AM
Getting the same stuff at the same time would be best.

Although, it would be neat if the US and JP servers got their own events that would then be shifted over to the other side too.

Kion
Mar 21, 2009, 04:45 AM
We had a couple GM run events; race holidays and the races. Everyone was kind of pissed at those for filler in place of actual content. It would be nice if they kept the same schedual for both severs. xbox and playstation get updated at the same time, they could probably just throw in everything together. I wouldn`t mind pressing the fast forward button and getting all of the japanese content on our severs, and then keeping events together. we would miss a few events, but japan seems to get 2 for our every 1, so i doubting missing on an event or two would be any detrement. ST generally throws out a v2 (+, reskins) of anything everyways.

Konsuishi
Mar 21, 2009, 07:24 AM
All in all we can only hope that Sega Team still gives Phantasy Star Universe some attention. Phantasy Star is moving towards the portables and really PSU is dying more than it is growing. Honestly if there was ever a rollback there would be a lot of people that would just quit. Events would be a great way to get more people playing or at the least keep the ones that are playing. US events would be nice but what can Sega do with the little they have. Hopefully we could get something US exclusive but i doubt that it would stay that way for very long. ^^;

Mission spotlight!

:D

No offense but I preffer events with the option of getting items not the chance. But mission spotlights are a nice try if nothing else.

darthplagis
Mar 21, 2009, 07:55 AM
bring back the PSO days where the game was coded in ALL languages from the off (ok some translations were off but who cares) yes JP had PSO first but when we got it (in UK we got it a year behind japan) we could just go to the JP servers or the us servers and still play with those regions. communication was simple enough with the pre set word list and picture chat.

nobody had problems other than xbox v GC until blue burst and console players got screwed but it was no big deal.

im just hoping that SOJ will continue support for the western server, just hurry the translations up

Neith
Mar 21, 2009, 08:35 AM
What about all the European players? We don't have Thanksgiving over here so an event for us would be kinda pointless. You can't really base the holiday events on one country. (White Day is catching on in other countries, so I can let that one slide).

If that's the case, I want special drops from all dragon bosses on St. Georges Day :wacko:

ashley50
Mar 21, 2009, 01:29 PM
mission spotlight...

that's the best SoA can think of for us NA/EU people ;p

Aries2384
Mar 21, 2009, 01:45 PM
I thought.. isnt Mission Spotlight (or was it?) a US/EU exclusive to keep people happy between the 2 mag events? Which didnt do a really good job.. but thats beside the point.

Added thought: Just read the second page of the thread. Lots of "Mission Spotlight" mentions. Forget my post. But like someone said earlier, I Dont need US/EU exclusive events, I just want the ones that Japan is getting. Like.. Nao.

Powder Keg
Mar 21, 2009, 02:16 PM
Would you trust this to be executed properly?

lostinseganet
Mar 21, 2009, 02:39 PM
What the us needs is the same thing japan get at the same time. The only way to insure that is to murge the servers

RemiusTA
Mar 21, 2009, 03:29 PM
We dont have USA specific events because we have no Dev team to create / code them for us.

If Sega was smart (which they aren't), they would have two dev teams to code patches and stuff for each version. That way, when the USA players are bitching about something, USA can fix it. When the JP players are bitching about something the USA players DONT want, we dont have to get it.

The idea of JP events just being ported over would work fine, but Sega just cant pull it off. Its absolutely pathetic there are functions this game is supposed to have that never even made it here because support of our servers suck so bad. (For example, the Visual Phone in your Room.)

Prince_Medion
Mar 21, 2009, 05:51 PM
"US" lol what about the rest of the world? Annoys me when American players thinks they are the only ones playing/that matters. Servers might be in America but they are definitely not US exclusive servers.

Besides, I'm not sure Sega us can actually fly off their own wings.

Konsuishi
Mar 21, 2009, 06:27 PM
"US" lol what about the rest of the world? Annoys me when American players thinks they are the only ones playing/that matters. Servers might be in America but they are definitely not US exclusive servers.

Besides, I'm not sure Sega us can actually fly off their own wings.

I am from America but i agree with you, there should be events that are not so holiday based but are exclusive for our servers. Really the Japanese would get all butt hurt and want them too but it's annoying how we complain less and don't get many events that they do.

What the us needs is the same thing japan get at the same time. The only way to insure that is to murge the servers
I don't know about the rest of the people playing but thats a bad idea too me. I am already annoyed with the Korean players last thing i want is some more people that i don't understand. ^^;

TekkamanCrazy
Mar 21, 2009, 10:43 PM
It would be good for the US/EU severs to have more events or atleast more content currently. It seems that we much too behind the JP severs.(around 6 months+)