PDA

View Full Version : Tekking items (a PSO rant).

furrypaws
Mar 22, 2009, 11:07 AM
Sometimes you get it on your first try. Other times you're sitting there for two hours after having burnt 700,000 meseta because you wanted 15% hit, dangit. Whoever's bright idea this was at Sega Team should be knocked silly.

With my 5% hit untekked DB's Sword, AUW 3069 model.

P.S. You have incorrect information on that in the data base. It requires 140 ATP, not 110. =/ I can also get action pics for it if you guys want.

Kent
Mar 22, 2009, 11:43 AM
There are much worse things that Sonic Team could've implemented into the system for identifying weapon attributes.

...Like give it a higher chance for a certain attribute based on how you killed the enemy, and from which angle. >_>

Rust
Mar 22, 2009, 11:45 AM
At least, when you get the +10% from the untekked item, you get it to all the % there was on it.

Just imagine how awful it would to get two or three +10% from a same weapon if all of them were increased separetely on each tekking. :wacko:

On a side note, it's also quite annoying when you're trying to get that +10% out of a regular weapon, and when it finally does, the special ability you get from it is utter shit, while you had one that was one or two levels higher on previous tries.

Rasputin
Mar 22, 2009, 02:19 PM
It could be worse. You could be playing PSU be stuck with the same percents EVERY SINGLE TIME.

TheOneHero
Mar 22, 2009, 05:30 PM
Use an Oran ID, that's one of, if not the best for tekking on item.

MrNomad
Mar 22, 2009, 06:36 PM
It's not that bad, really. Not like you're trying to find the board of that weapon and then have to get all the synthing items together to try and build the weapon with a certain % success rate. And then hope it comes out with a high elemental % if it ever succeeds the building phase :/

Sayara
Mar 22, 2009, 07:27 PM
on a DBSword.

MrNomad
Mar 22, 2009, 08:02 PM
while being kicked out of the server due to error 65

TheOneHero
Mar 22, 2009, 09:02 PM
Oh boo hoo PSU stuff.

Elements in PSU are only good for looks; unless of course you guys like having an already super easy game, even more easy.

MrNomad
Mar 22, 2009, 09:27 PM
Oh boo hoo PSU stuff.

Elements in PSU are only good for looks; unless of course you guys like having an already super easy game, even more easy.

Kinda goes without saying. Everything pertaining to actual missions in this game have been drastically dumbed down to being easymode over the years. And why should I hinder myself trying to get through some boring grind runs when I can shorten it with element weapons?

furrypaws
Mar 22, 2009, 10:19 PM
Yes, on a DBs Sword. Because I'd never forgive myself if I had a 5-10% item lying around in my bank. I'm still frustrated over my 10% hit Elysion (which I never use...ever). >_< That was part of why it was so frustrating. I wouldn't care so much if it were something rare, like a Lavis Cannon or something. I'd still be on the "Holy crap what in teh world did I just find" high for the next hour or so.

I actually forgot about the specials, too. I remember that was a double pain when I used to try to find them for my Caseal, so I've given up unless they have 40% or more untekked...which none of them do. =/

The whole synthing thing in PSU doesn't bother me. It's more the grinding of the weapons that does. 4/4 Sange ftl. ;-;

Vanzazikon
Mar 23, 2009, 10:39 AM
Well, I don't really think its a big... Oh I see, personal endeavors. :wacko: Yeah, sometimes they can be a pain. I don't recall ever having one playing PSO. :/