PDA

View Full Version : Vanda Orga fireballs

Smidge204
Mar 22, 2009, 12:32 PM
Neither shock nor silence stop those stupid Foie attacks. Why are these guys the only apparent exemption from the rules? So annoying...

Are there any other instances where enemy behavior doesn't follow the "Standard pattern?"
=Smidge=

WhiteKnight01
Mar 22, 2009, 12:43 PM
sega??

WHlTEKNIGHT
Mar 22, 2009, 01:01 PM
Freeze them.

biggabertha
Mar 22, 2009, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I agree, Vanda Orgas are an extremely dangerous type of enemy.

Best thing to do is to find a way to quickly freeze them, knock them all down/away at once or get out of the way.

Back when I was hunting a Muktengek, I used an Acrofighter to dispatch them quickly after a Freeze EX.

Hrith
Mar 22, 2009, 02:10 PM
If you're a fighter, use a PA that keeps them off their feet like Spiral Dance or Rising Crush, etc.

If you're a gunner, you're going to suffer a lot. Use meatshields.

AngelofEnders
Mar 22, 2009, 02:17 PM
As a gunner I just shoot at them at max rifle range so I have time to dodge or hug a corner and take out one at a time. It only sucks when they're mixed with a Bil de Vear or something.

Libram
Mar 22, 2009, 02:48 PM
The Navas can attack when Shock/Silenced, or at least the ice versions do. The Kakwanes do as well.

mll
Mar 22, 2009, 02:50 PM
Confuse them and let them kill each other.

Neith
Mar 22, 2009, 02:56 PM
As a FM, I use Spiral Dance- this knocks them down, and if need be, away with the next hits. They find it hard to throw Foie when they're faceplanted :wacko:

On my GM, I use a Shotgun from behind them, and whenever they try the Fire-breath, I move around them as they do it. Sometimes (like if there's a massive group, or some are ATP-buffed), I'll use a Rifle to keep them under control from a long distance. As mentioned, traps work well too. It does kind of suck that you can't stop them throwing Foie though.

Smidge204
Mar 22, 2009, 03:03 PM
The Navas can attack when Shock/Silenced, or at least the ice versions do. The Kakwanes do as well.

The Ice Navas have barta and at least three melee attacks; tail-swipe, a jumping charge and a power charge. Stunning them DOES stop the melee attacks but tends to put them into berserker barta-slinging mode. (as I'm acutely aware after grinding the carnival mission solo). Silence stops the barta but not the phyisical attaks.

It's not that I have a particularly difficult time with the Vanda Orga, it's just after grinding AS fifty bajillion times it gets irritating that they won't stop tossing those fireballs. The (Ground type) Vanda Merha stop throwing Diga when silenced...
=Smidge=

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 22, 2009, 04:56 PM
as a gunner, mayalee prism is ur best friend with them :P

Libram
Mar 22, 2009, 05:00 PM
I've seen them throw Bartas when Silenced.

RemiusTA
Mar 22, 2009, 07:34 PM
Neither shock nor silence stop those stupid Foie attacks. Why are these guys the only apparent exemption from the rules? So annoying...

Are there any other instances where enemy behavior doesn't follow the "Standard pattern?"
=Smidge=

Its because they aren't technics like they're supposed to be.

Its the same with those odd newman enemies that shoot gigabarta at you, and the fire elemental version that likes to randomly do 4000 damage. If you Jellen them the damage even goes down, because they're classified as an attack, like a regular tail whip or something.

Not only is it annoying, it gives Newmans and Forces another reason to hate themselves. (Magic defense is so situational its just plain useless)

And the silence status effect is almost just as useless.

Cell132
Mar 22, 2009, 07:40 PM
Confuse them and let them kill each other.

It's not like they're immune to confuse right? I think mil has the right idea. If you confuse a monster, they can't hurt you with the magic attack even if they hit you with it right? And they'll also turn to their buddies and start helping you.

Silence/Shock doesn't work for slot of monsters. Though if the monster's immune to confuse, that's when you really have a problem. I know I confuse any techer type enemy all the time so I don't have to deal with em.

RemiusTA
Mar 22, 2009, 07:53 PM
Nah im pretty sure if you walk in the path of their fireball while they're confused, it'll still rape you.

And yeah most techer-type-that-ironically-doesnt-use-technics monsters are immune to the best of status effects.

Kazemi
Mar 22, 2009, 08:54 PM
reminds me of the constant debate about deljaban megid that used to exist for awhile since the type of attack it was got messed up.

all in all though, its nice to see that people can't just rely entirely one SE to hamper enemies. makes things more interesting.

RemiusTA
Mar 22, 2009, 09:43 PM
Actually its just annoying.

Silence doesn't apply to every enemy, but to the ones it does, it only works on like 20% of them. It's quite obvious it wasnt supposed to be that way though, because if silence was not supposed to affect them, they wouldn't be able to contract the status effect.