PDA

View Full Version : AotI Acrofigher to Acrotecher

Chimeria
Mar 23, 2009, 08:27 AM
I was thinking of changing from a acrofighter to a techer because I'm getting sort of bored with using the same tactic over and over again. (1 attack, 2-hit just attack, just PA)
Techers seem to have more of a challenge as far as leveling technic, knowing when to use a particular technic and trying not to get hit...

My only dilemma is that my soon-to-be techer is a CAST. Are CAST techers that horrible as techers? I'm pretty sure they probably don't fail completely but compared to a Newman, their technic attack is very low right?

GoldenFalcon
Mar 23, 2009, 11:49 AM
Honestly, the only thing that CAST techers have going for them is the ability to level technics easily, and Regrants. With Resta and Giresta 41+, the healing gets reasonable to the point that people won't complain, so don't despair yet. Although, don't expect to use technics for damage. You'd be best off with using the utility technics (like Noszonde) in combination with your melee weapon (go tech mags!).

As with all things, try it out for yourself and see if you like it.

unicorn
Mar 23, 2009, 11:58 AM
Acrotecher isn't really a "techer". Real techers are Fortetecher and Masterforce. Acrotecher is a fighter with the best buffs. You rarely need to use attack techs on an Acrotecher, and SUV makes up for it.

So yes, CAST is a good choice for it. You just shouldn't use attack techs that much. I'd recommend Basic techs (Foie, Diga, Zonde, Barta, Megid), Ra-techs (Rafoie, Radiga, Rabarta, Razonde, Ramegid), Dambarta, and Nosdiga.

Enigmatic
Mar 23, 2009, 01:00 PM
CAST Acrotecher was fun, Because TP isn't an issue with the best techs with acro (to say, buffs and resta[as long as it isn't level one or something and you only heal 600 hp or something])

Weapon-wise, the only thing you'll miss out on will be the single claws, I think (I don't have access to the game right now, and I'm too lazy to look it up on here)