PDA

View Full Version : Sooo 'gay'!

Tessu
Mar 24, 2009, 02:34 AM
Men getting near each other in any way, shape, or form is immediately gay.

For example, in French class...
Teacher: It was said that Leonardo died right in Francis I's arms.
Some girl: Wow, that's really gay.

Because holding your dying friend is about as GAY as you can get!

I can't stand to hear people constantly label something as gay. I'm not talking about using it when referring to something bad that happened (thought I don't entirely agree with that either). I'm talking about when two men show any kind of affection towards each other, it's gay.

Now, I've seen two straight girls get it on in public hotter than any lesbians, but they're not gay. They're just girls being girls! Hugging, kissing, it's all part of the friendship. But whenever two guys are "caught" hugging, I hear later about how gay they are. Seriously? Seriously?

It might be silly of me to complain because I'm not a guy, but it's something that bugs me to hear. Are we really so insecure about our sexualities that we have to call gay on the smallest things? :\

CrimsomWolf
Mar 24, 2009, 02:49 AM
I was wondering when somebody would say it out loud.

Maybe because nowdays women are being percieved as more "open" in those matters, unlike men.

I can't really say. Though a theory that mankind is really insecure about sexual matters does seem to make sense.

Or maybe it's a kind of mass histeria.

Or:

[spoiler-box]http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii373/SummerDesiree/Motivational%20Posters/girls.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Because most of us, between two guys and two girls making out, would like to see two girls.

MetaZedlen
Mar 24, 2009, 03:18 AM
@Crimson: that pic made me laugh my ass off so hard

Anyway, Tess, you really have to start living like everyone else does...

NOT!!!! Going off of what Crimson said, he does seem to have a point about women being more open about what's on their mind (it does tend to bite some of us guys in the ass once in a while...), but I'm not trying to be mean about this, because from my view on this whole stupid thing (actually, 2 views...) would have to go like this:
1. If a guy were to call someone gay by the "sexual" term, he would get his ass chewed out about it, but if a woman said the same exact thing, then people just really wouldn't care (from some of the things I've noticed at least...)
2. It just seems like the dumbass in your class couldn't think of anything else to say at that moment (because intelligence just SWARMS all of us...)

I'm getting pretty sick of the whole "gay" thing myself, because personally, I would rather hear almost any other "offensive" word other than that (quotes ARE necessary, because people freak out at worse words...), because gay itself is just OLD...

EDIT: This IS rants Tess, feel free to rant about any stupid shit you want, in fact, I'll start another thread about something *epic facepalm* worthy stupid just to make you feel better ;)

Adriano
Mar 24, 2009, 03:39 AM
Owait, gay is an insult?

GODAMMIT.

raikomaru40
Mar 24, 2009, 06:48 AM
@Crimson: HELL YEA!!!!

But yea, if people don't at least occasionally call things gay, how else are you supposed to describe a fanny pack? Or men wearing short-shorts? I think it'd be OK if society used it in moderation, like that's why memes go out so soon, b/c people just epically overuse them. So if someone's got a gay haircut, tell them, but if someone's friend jumps off a bridge and you hear them say "I miss them so much", please refrain.

Solstis
Mar 24, 2009, 08:26 AM
Here I was thinking that the movie "I Love You Man" would've fixed that.

(I haven't watched it, but the reviews were positive)

CupOfCoffee
Mar 24, 2009, 08:34 AM
Human female sexuality is believed to be a little more fluid than that of their male counterparts; women tend toward bisexuality more frequently than men, for instance (although if you factored in how many cases there are of repressed male bisexuality or men who just won't admit it because of societal taboos, it might even the score a little. After all, the Greeks and Romans practiced homosexuality as almost a rite of passage into manhood). But I think this anecdote can be explained with nothing more complicated than "kids are dumb as shit, and painfully uncool. Even the girls."

raikomaru40
Mar 24, 2009, 10:29 AM
It's no surprise that a lot of women prefer women. Everyone prefers women. I know I do. And like the demotivational that Crimson posted, women just plain taste better.

Randomness
Mar 24, 2009, 10:43 AM
Owait, gay is an insult?

GODAMMIT.

Personally, I'm still trying to figure out how the meaning of the word got twisted from happy and cheerful.

And yes, the word is WAY overused.

raikomaru40
Mar 24, 2009, 10:53 AM
Like I said, moderation is key in everything.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 24, 2009, 11:15 AM
But yea, if people don't at least occasionally call things gay, how else are you supposed to describe a fanny pack? Or men wearing short-shorts?

I'd like to make it known that the gay community does not approve of fanny packs, nor short-shorts. So you could try calling them "stupid" or "things I don't like", how's that?

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Mar 24, 2009, 11:18 AM
Personally, I'm still trying to figure out how the meaning of the word got twisted from happy and cheerful.

This.

Kylie
Mar 24, 2009, 11:43 AM
Aww, I was prepared to disagree with you because I thought you were referring to calling things "gay" in place of "lame." I don't really do that, but it doesn't bother me when other people do it because words are words. It comes down to the intention or context, and a lot of the people might be ignorant for using it that way but aren't homophobic.

But I do have to agree with your real point. Some people are obsessively homophobic or not secure with their own sexuality, and that's why they're so ready to call people out for really no reason. It's the same thing with people that get all offended by dirty jokes because they're not comfortable with that stuff. People just need to learn to live together and not get so wound up about stuff that doesn't really affect them, and then we wouldn't have these problems.

Vanzazikon
Mar 24, 2009, 11:44 AM
I used to play football for my high school and I showed a lot of affection with my teammates. We would slap each others butt, hug each other when we score a touchdown, pat each others back, customized handshakes and my personal favorite, titty twisters. ;P We were guys being guys; however, when I hugged my cousin, he said, "What are you doing? That's just gay, foo." :disapprove:

Rust
Mar 24, 2009, 11:50 AM
I must admit I belong to the crowd who kind of use the term a lot when referring to something that could fit in the gay stereotype.
PSU male clothes for example. I think most of them could be only worn by a gay, as stereotyped by most people.

I very well know most of the gay/homosexuals aren't like that though. All the gays I know IRL are far from belonging to that kind of stereotype, and they're the first to make stupid jokes about that matter.
I tend to make a lot of jokes passing myself off as an homo, especially when I'm with people who seem to have difficulties considering them as normal people. For that matter, I guess that doesn't make me any better than those who overuse the term, since I'm playing on the "disgusting" (sorry for the term, but still a lot of people really think they are around here <_<) card.

I also agree on the fact it's stupid to consider very close male friends as gay, while girls in the same situation (and even when they show way more affection towards each other than guys) aren't labelled as lesbians.
Probably it is related to the fact that homosexuality is still quite considered as "girly". Therefore, a gay doesn't look manly, but lesbians still belong to the girly category.
It's just like how people see slightly precious or effeminate straight guys, and tomboy girls, to some extent. People tend to notice the former more easily than the latter. Why?

raikomaru40
Mar 24, 2009, 01:00 PM
Don't you mean this thread is "stupid" or you "don't like it"?

Rust
Mar 24, 2009, 01:02 PM
Don't you mean this thread is "stupid" or you "don't like it"?

No, he just means he is insecure about threads. :wacko:

raikomaru40
Mar 24, 2009, 01:04 PM
lol, maybe he should hang out w/ other people who are a little thread-curious.....

Cracka_J
Mar 24, 2009, 01:09 PM
threadophobe is the word you're looking for.

raikomaru40
Mar 24, 2009, 01:13 PM
Soundin a little threadophobic yourself there, Cracka.......

Zyrusticae
Mar 24, 2009, 02:31 PM
I also agree on the fact it's stupid to consider very close male friends as gay, while girls in the same situation (and even when they show way more affection towards each other than guys) aren't labelled as lesbians.
Probably it is related to the fact that homosexuality is still quite considered as "girly". Therefore, a gay doesn't look manly, but lesbians still belong to the girly category.
It's just like how people see slightly precious or effeminate straight guys, and tomboy girls, to some extent. People tend to notice the former more easily than the latter. Why?

I really have no idea.

When I think about it, I really am more immediately comfortable with the girl being gender-bending than the guy, but I do not understand why. I mean, besides the obvious factor of my own sexual orientation, this seems to be a predominant feeling throughout all our culture.

But what's interesting to note is that of the Bishonen Boy (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Bishonen) phenomenon in Japan and Korea, where pretty boys are actually idolized rather than shunned or seen as disgusting. Said boys appear much more commonly in their media (at least from what I've seen of it) than the opposite (tomboys). Which means that, yes, there is obviously a very strong cultural influence behind it.

But I'm still not sure what caused it in the first place.

Vanzazikon
Mar 24, 2009, 02:38 PM
I honestly blame the penis. I think it's what makes a male homosexual relationship disgusting in contrast to a female homosexual relationship. :wacko:

MetaZedlen
Mar 24, 2009, 03:02 PM
I really have no idea.

When I think about it, I really am more immediately comfortable with the girl being gender-bending than the guy, but I do not understand why. I mean, besides the obvious factor of my own sexual orientation, this seems to be a predominant feeling throughout all our culture.

But what's interesting to note is that of the Bishonen Boy (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Bishonen) phenomenon in Japan and Korea, where pretty boys are actually idolized rather than shunned or seen as disgusting. Said boys appear much more commonly in their media (at least from what I've seen of it) than the opposite (tomboys). Which means that, yes, there is obviously a very strong cultural influence behind it.

1. I'm pretty sure that everyone is more comfortable about girls being homosexual than guys probably because girls don't really change a whole hell of a lot about them when it comes to looks (Ok, occasionally one likes to dress up and act as the guy...) and personality, but when guys choose to be gay, they almost change entirely who they are, such as acting like a woman (which to be honest, really gets on my nerves, because of the way they act...) and even dressing like a woman... which is also sickening...

2. I see what you're saying about the whole pretty boy thing in Japan and Korea... the sad thing about that is one of my friends showed my a picture of one of the rock bands over there, and wouldn't ya know it? First thing that hits my head is "Damn those chicks are hot!!!"

"dude, those are all guys..."

0_o "fuck me..."

Now I kinda hate to say this, but I tend to be blatantly honest, I will admit that those were some pretty hot guys... but does that make me gay? Women call each other hot, cute, pretty, beautiful, and sexy all the time, but nothing is ever wrong about that...

Our society is pretty fucked up when it comes to this subject...

Nitro Vordex
Mar 24, 2009, 05:43 PM
I really have no idea.

As far as I remember, Japan had quite a pedophilia "problem". So naturally, the pretty boys all look young. I might be wrong, but that's what I remember reading.

@MetaZelden: No you're not gay dude. I did that as well. You feel kinda dirty but hell, that's why they say on the internet, "IT'S A TRAP!".

As well as the gay people acting like women, that really annoys the fuck outta me. If you're gay, fine, but don't act like a prissy little girl.

Back on topic: It's manly love, the "no homo" call is usually implied.

pinkace
Mar 24, 2009, 06:17 PM
Once you grow up it won't bother you. Homosexuality or the image of it is something children find scary and/or offensive. Then one day high school ends and you realize it is all bullshit.

p.s.: When I say 'children' I mean weak-minded people, not necessarily due to age.

Sidney
Mar 24, 2009, 06:51 PM
I don't think homosexual men who choose to express themselves in a "feminine" way are disgusting in the least. It's their choice to express their personality and individuality in away that they find acceptable and pleasing to them. It is not anyone's right to silence them. I find it pretty juvenile that people are freaked out by individuals who chose not to box themselves into what society deems 'normal'. People like that are simply insecure in themselves, and probably their own sexuality as well.

I hang around gay men who wear full-face makeup, who wear skinny jeans, who love fashion. Plenty of people ridicule them, but you know what? It doesn't bother them, because they are secure in themselves and don't put any value on the opinions of feeble-minded people who spaz when they see something that doesn't fit their definition of "normal". (Which is almost always based on what society deems is appropriate...)

Not to mention, I know plenty of gay men who don't fall into the flamboyant stereotype as well. It's their choice to express their interests and sexuality as they choose. If they want to be ostentatious about it, that's their right. (Like heterosexual men aren't ostentatious about their sexuality to begin with! Our culture even encourages it.)

My two cents on that.

As for men expressing affection to eachother, why not? I think it's perfectly normal. In other cultures, like Korea for example, it's completely normal for men to hold hands or sit on eachother's laps. The term for it is called "skinship"; it's actually more acceptable in Korea to be affectionate with someone of the same gender in public as opposed to someone of the opposite sex. If anything, I think repressing feelings is much more unhealthy than expressing them.

Itachi1990
Mar 24, 2009, 07:32 PM
I hug my guy freinds just like i hug my girl freinds im not gay...im actually know to be homophobic and i dont think theres really anything wrong with two guys hugging kissing yes but hugging your guy freinds doesnt make you gay they might just be really good freinds.And i thought i was ignorant >.>

Zyrusticae
Mar 24, 2009, 07:42 PM
Hmm...

Y'know, it's not even specific to guys that act like prissy fairies. I have trouble with anyone that behaves in either of the extremes of masculinity or femininity. There's just something about that sort of behavior that screams stay away, stay away!, for one reason or another.

But then, I'm a big fan of androgyny, so whatever. I'm just weird. Move along.

Rust
Mar 24, 2009, 07:52 PM
I really have no idea.

I don't know either. I asked genuinely, because my view about it is obviously biased. Even though I can find some men handsome (or rather 'stylish'), I'm damn straight (I haven't been proved the other way yet, anyways), so obviously I tend to notice females or female-looking guys way more easily than anybody else, and lesbians/bi girls still affects me while gays don't.
But I don't find them disgusting, or I wouldn't be friend with many of them. Yet I must admit I find them interesting, mainly because I can't really have an understanding of their feelings and point of view towards sexuality.

I knew about the whole Bishounen thing, since a lot of female teenagers belonging to the "new wave of otakus" tend to fall for those (sometimes quite hysterically) among other mainstream stuff.
Like you pointed it out, though, most of the idolized people (I'm talking about Japan mainly because I'm not very aware of Korea) belong to the 'feminine' category. Pretty boys kinda look like girls, then you have gravure idols (even though there is also mannequin dudes, most are girls, and some are become idolized fucking young), singers, seiyuus, and yeah, even JAV idols, for all of which the huge majority are female. The only really manly widely idolized guys I can think of are either live movies actors and singer/boys band.

As Nitro said, there also is this whole "pedophilia" (loliconwut) issue, since most male and female JP idols are not looking hot or anything like that, but cute, most of the time.
I have ever seen stuff in public shops you would never expect to see available to everyone in USA or Europe... which is quite confusing, knowing there is this whole 'breaking-the-bounds' side, when homosexuality (between men, mainly) and mendicity are still considered as a big shame (and yet, you can have pedo thoughts safely as long as you don't bring them into action <_<).

As for Zedlen, I guess you're talking about those Visual Kei bands, who are putting the emphasis on clothing, makeup and appearance. There's a lot of fangirls of this genre in France, not because of their talent (which honestly I fail to find in most V-Kei bands), but because they look "pretty". In other words, they like those who look girly. You fall again to the whole girly-looking are more attractive than manly-looking stereotype.
It's OK if you found them 'hot', that doesn't make you a gay. I did the same mistake with a pic of one dude (there was only his face) who really looked liked a girl. You found them hot because you thought they were girls, thus you made that statement out of a straight thought.

/pointlessandluaghablewalloftext

Sidney
Mar 24, 2009, 07:54 PM
@Zyrusticae: But I mean, why even get bothered over that? Don't you think that's a waste of your time? Couldn't the time and energy spent towards disliking people who differ from yourself, or have different tastes, be put towards something to benefit yourself or others instead?

It's silly hate; why even bother with it? Tolerance is much easier and better for everyone.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 24, 2009, 07:58 PM
but when guys choose to be gay, they almost change entirely who they are, such as acting like a woman (which to be honest, really gets on my nerves, because of the way they act...) and even dressing like a woman... which is also sickening...

There's probably several gay men in your life that you don't even suspect are gay due to the fact that not all gay men act like girls. Better watch out!

unicorn
Mar 24, 2009, 08:01 PM
I call things gay all the time and I'm a little fag myself.

Zyrusticae
Mar 24, 2009, 08:03 PM
@Zyrusticae: But I mean, why even get bothered over that? Don't you think that's a waste of your time? Couldn't the time and energy spent towards disliking people who differ from yourself, or have different tastes, be put towards something to benefit yourself or others instead?

It's silly hate; why even bother with it? Tolerance is much easier and better for everyone.

It's not hate. Hm, reminds me of a conversation I had with someone awhile back...

See, I got the impression he was hateful of individuals of such a nature when it was really just a natural kind of "bleh" feeling - the kind of feeling anyone would normally get when it came to unsavory things like human waste and such. It's not a feeling of "ugh, I wish this guy'd die", but rather a feeling of "ew, I don't wanna touch that". You get what I mean?

It's not even something we can control. It's just there. We might not like it, and maybe we wish we could overcome it entirely, but it's there. Whether or not that crosses the line from "grossness" to "hate" is an entirely individual thing.

People toss that word around too easily, I think. Hatred is just too strong for something like this.

Inazuma
Mar 24, 2009, 08:13 PM
why do some people think being gay is a bad thing? did they ever stop and ask themselves why?

this all originates from religion. it makes perfect sense if you think about it. why would religion have a problem w/ being gay? simple. gay people cant make babies. in other words, being gay prevents the religion from growing. abortion is the exact same thing. it prevents babies from being born, which is bad for the growth of the religion. they want everyone to get married and have many many children so the evil religions can spread and take over the world.

people who honestly believe that being gay is a bad thing and use it in place of words like "stupid" and "lame" are just showing their ignorance. personally, whenever i hear someone call someone or something gay in a negative way, i just sigh at their stupidity.

"man, that movie was straight." "dude, wearing that shirt makes you look like a heterosexual" sounds pretty stupid this way right?

Leviathan
Mar 24, 2009, 08:31 PM
why do some people think being gay is a bad thing? did they ever stop and ask themselves why?

this all originates from religion. it makes perfect sense if you think about it. why would religion have a problem w/ being gay? simple. gay people cant make babies. in other words, being gay prevents the religion from growing. abortion is the exact same thing. it prevents babies from being born, which is bad for the growth of the religion. they want everyone to get married and have many many children so the evil religions can spread and take over the world.

people who honestly believe that being gay is a bad thing and use it in place of words like "stupid" and "lame" are just showing their ignorance. personally, whenever i hear someone call someone or something gay in a negative way, i just sigh at their stupidity.

"man, that movie was straight." "dude, wearing that shirt makes you look like a heterosexual" sounds pretty stupid this way right?

I actually agree with you.
Minus the religion part.

And I a lot of people my age are like that.
"ZOMG THOSE TWO GUYS ARE HUGGING, THAT'S GGAAAAAAY."
"Your wearing pink? That's gay!"

It's so stupid.
The only way anything is gay is if there is some major consentual butt ravaging going on between two males and they are both enjoying it. :)

Sidney
Mar 24, 2009, 08:48 PM
The only way anything is gay is if there is some major consentual butt ravaging going on between two males and they are both enjoying it. :)

Adding that to my list of favorite quotes... :lol: I will memorize it and use it well!

Kent
Mar 24, 2009, 08:57 PM

It has to do with what's considered a societal norm.

In modern culture, heterosexuality is considered normal for numerous reasons, whereas homosexuality is considered to be maverick and therefore, "easy pickings" for persecution - both as an attribute for which and with which to persecute.

Especially in children (and, let's face it, basically anyone who uses "gay" as a derogatory term hasn't moved past the mental state of a child), where anything that makes a person abnormal is something to make fun of them for - additionally, they feel it's appropriate to take something they view as an inherent and personal fundamental flaw and project (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection) it onto others as a form of insult.

Cracka_J
Mar 24, 2009, 09:13 PM
There's probably several gay men in your life that you don't even suspect are gay due to the fact that not all gay men act like girls. Better watch out!

bingo.

I found out a good friend of mine was gay after about 5 years of knowing him. Didn't really change our friendship at all, I think he just got sick of me asking if he "banged some chicks" while on out of town vacations. So I asked him if he was serious, he said ya...I said I didn't care and that was pretty much the end of the conversation....and yes, we're still friends today :P

not all gay men are flamboyant pastel loving household decorators. there are several of them that even hate that stereotype. that's pretty gay.

Sidney
Mar 24, 2009, 09:19 PM
I think this (very funny) video is very appropriate for this thread. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AScqvJb9UsQ&feature=channel_page
Gotta love fake public service announcements.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 24, 2009, 09:19 PM
bingo.

I found out a good friend of mine was gay after about 5 years of knowing him. Didn't really change our friendship at all, I think he just got sick of me asking if he "banged some chicks" while on out of town vacations. So I asked him if he was serious, he said ya...I said I didn't care and that was pretty much the end of the conversation....and yes, we're still friends today :P

not all gay men are flamboyant pastel loving household decorators. there are several of them that even hate that stereotype. that's pretty gay.

It was Jose, wasn't it.

Cracka_J
Mar 24, 2009, 10:06 PM
everyone knows jose is gay, that's nothing new. :)
I was talking about an irl friend.

<3 jose
[spoiler-box]http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo3/regulus427/Random%20Stuff/josebitchtiger2.jpg?t=1236905182
oh I forgot jose is a furry, not gay :D[/spoiler-box]

Syl
Mar 24, 2009, 10:40 PM
Gay is the new emo, when it comes to calling stuff stupid anyways.

Solstis
Mar 24, 2009, 11:18 PM
Damn, you go soulbrette.

Also, the whole Japanese/Korean pretty boy thing somehow exists in an wholly homophobic culture. Blame Confucius and traditionalism for that.

(No, the Yaoi phenom is not indicative of any measure of tolerance or acceptance)

(Woah. I agreed 100% with something Kent said.)

Edit: Dang, Rust already covered that.

Zyrusticae
Mar 24, 2009, 11:38 PM
That video was awesome.

<3 George Takei.

But not in that way, of course. (Probably not his type anyways. Too skinny. And non-sweaty.)

astuarlen
Mar 25, 2009, 12:08 AM
(No, the Yaoi phenom is not indicative of any measure of tolerance or acceptance)

Indeed, fetishism much?

Let's not get into the grossness surrounding "lesbians are okay 'cause they're hot, lol".

Zyrusticae
Mar 25, 2009, 12:09 AM
Let's not get into the grossness surrounding "lesbians are okay 'cause they're hot, lol".
Um, yeah. I think it's a bit late for that.

astuarlen
Mar 25, 2009, 12:17 AM
Um, yeah. I think it's a bit late for that.

I mean I'm not going to explain why it's a distasteful attitude, because all we have in the house tonight are choir members and deaf men.

raikomaru40
Mar 25, 2009, 06:41 AM
Exactly, my ex-girlfriend had been through 12-ish relationships and said if it didn't work out w/ me she'd probably go lesbian. I can't blame most girls though, guys are just......you know......

Solstis
Mar 25, 2009, 09:16 AM
Exactly, my ex-girlfriend had been through 12-ish relationships and said if it didn't work out w/ me she'd probably go lesbian. I can't blame most girls though, guys are just......you know......

That's not really how lesbianism works. Girls that "go lesbian" like that were already bi/lesbians (and hadn't acted on it before), or are simply seeking something they feel will be safer or more comfortable. The former tends to happen, the latter is called "using people for your own selfish interests."

Well, it's fine if both people in the relationship are aware of the intentions of the other and are okay with it. But still! *waggles finger accusingly anyway*

raikomaru40
Mar 25, 2009, 10:41 AM
She was already bi, and she's way too independant, unstable and bitchy to hold a solid relationship, so I'm glad she left me b/c I was planning on doing it if she didn't.

Vanzazikon
Mar 25, 2009, 10:47 AM
I can't blame most girls though, guys are just......you know......Too complex

raikomaru40
Mar 25, 2009, 10:50 AM
Yea right, my ex said guys are "complicated" and I'm like "No, it's just that we're so simple it seems complicated" and she's all "Oh yea, you just wanna have sex" and I reply "Exactly".

Zyrusticae
Mar 25, 2009, 10:56 AM
Bullshit.

If that's all you want in a relationship, why bother with the hassle?

Vanzazikon
Mar 25, 2009, 10:57 AM
Yea right, my ex said guys are "complicated" and I'm like "No, it's just that we're so simple it seems complicated" and she's all "Oh yea, you just wanna have sex" and I reply "Exactly".If that was what you wanted, then in your case, guys are simple. I was talking about guys who holds everything in. The one's who do not want to share their troubles with their partner, which angers women. (Sometimes they get scary when you do that)

raikomaru40
Mar 25, 2009, 11:01 AM
I'm not saying that's all I was going for, I'm just saying that it's the main motivation for most thing guys do, including dating women. I shared my problems w/ her, but it didn't seem to make much of an impact, and that didn't have anything to do w/ why she left me. Now, I'm just looking for a girl w/out super-high expectations who likes to relax and have fun in the relationship (and make out a lot).

Vanzazikon
Mar 25, 2009, 11:13 AM
Well, I guess when you're in High School and still a virgin, sex would be the main motivation for dating. But, when you reach times of stress, such as college, you would want someone who you can talk to, someone who can comfort you and someone you can have a healthy relationship with. (No, I'm not talking about your mom :wacko: )

raikomaru40
Mar 25, 2009, 01:03 PM
(sure you're not) Well, I'd love someone I can talk to, but yea, that's not as big a deal as physical satisfaction. And I don't want to sound like I'm just using women to try to get laid, it's just an added bonus that I'm thoroughly going to go for.

Rasputin
Mar 25, 2009, 04:38 PM
You know what's funny. I was talking to a homosexual male once. He said that the problem with most homosexual males is that all they want is sex. Go figure.

AlexCraig
Mar 25, 2009, 04:55 PM
Locked per OP request.