PDA

View Full Version : Stique weps,what do they do exactly?

Arakasa
Mar 24, 2009, 03:04 AM
ive heard everything from boosting PA exp,to giving less PA damage(end result them leveling faster somehow i guess?)to not doing anything at all,other then trading for stuff later on,do they do anything?

perhaps JP players would know this :p

beatrixkiddo
Mar 24, 2009, 03:06 AM
A few of them are used in later trades. As for the rest, I THINK they lower Photon Arts damage, but don't boost Photon Art exp gain.

Could be wrong though.

Arakasa
Mar 24, 2009, 03:15 AM
yes thats what ive heard too,just trying to confirm what they actually do on their own before i try stocking back up on the things to trade in for em,wouldnt have to,but lost my account about a month ago :/

NiceOnes
Mar 24, 2009, 09:14 AM
They have high PP and low ATP/TP which translates to:

-Less damage per attack = more attacks per mob
-More attacks per charge = Cheaper

To my knowledge there is nothing intrinsically special about these weapons.

Andy1423
Mar 24, 2009, 09:16 AM
Just another thing in this game that doesn't make sense.

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 24, 2009, 10:48 AM
They're there to keep the weapon count up, so ST can claim the game has over 250 weapons(half of them kubara)!

Calsetes
Mar 24, 2009, 10:56 AM
Lina's probably right - reminds me of all those models I built when I was younger where it says "OVER 150+ PARTS!" and there were..... like 153 parts, if you counted them, and that's including all those little decals.

Still, someone out there will want it for whatever reason. Assuming they look cool, they MIGHT be worth it just to have something nifty-looking while leveling bullets, or PAs, or techs, or whatever else there is.

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 24, 2009, 11:01 AM
Assuming they look cool
Sorry, they're look exactly like the A rank Kubara weapons with the contrast upped a notch :P

From the PSU weapons viewer:
http://pwv.sakura.ne.jp/image/t_handgun/beamtorukku00.jpg
http://pwv.sakura.ne.jp/image/t_handgun/steekthandgun00.jpg
Kubara version of the Youmei twin hangun vs the Stique version...

Magician
Mar 24, 2009, 11:11 AM
Nevermind that they're expensive. 400k per brand reactor? Yeeesh.

Calsetes
Mar 24, 2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah, not that cool. Maybe they get good when ground....? I know a lot of people really like ground Kubara weapons as opposed to their original counterparts - lots of people using Snacs as opposed to Snakes, Destacs as opposed to Destas, that kind of thing.

I prefer the original weapons though - no illegal stuff for me!

Edit: Expensive is expensive for those of us who don't have a stack of money - some people would laugh at 400k for something like this. As someone once said, "If you can count your money, then you don't have a billion."

Aorre
Mar 24, 2009, 11:31 AM
It's for Photon Art leveling. There's no other justifiable reason!

I bought a Stique Cannon, went GT and tried leveling lasers on the first spawn of Scarred Planet and nothing terrible happened. :o

Itchee
Mar 24, 2009, 11:53 AM
Boo.
Whoever deleted my choice snac quip is obviously not a lover of refined comedy.

But yes, Stique weapons...great. Woohoo.
/golfclap

beatrixkiddo
Mar 24, 2009, 12:03 PM
Boo.
Whoever deleted my choice snac quip is obviously not a lover of refined comedy.

But yes, Stique weapons...great. Woohoo.
/golfclap

The trick to getting your jokes not deleted is to make sure they're actually on topic!

I'm pretty sure I heard that these weapons lower PA damage, like how some weapons boost it (mainly Hikec/C)

Itchee
Mar 24, 2009, 12:42 PM
The trick to getting your jokes not deleted is to make sure they're actually on topic!

I'm pretty sure I heard that these weapons lower PA damage, like how some weapons boost it (mainly Hikec/C)

God forbid I take what the poster above me said and run with it.
I suppose I can be a stique-in-the mud too, but i digress....

Are there pics of the stique weapons online? I suppose that would be the determining factor for me in whether or not to get one...

Calsetes
Mar 24, 2009, 12:48 PM
My response got deleted, too. It was probably my fault, my response to it was a little gross. Sorry.

Anyway, there's a pic of one a little further up the page, they do look almost identical to the kubara versions of the weapons.

Itchee
Mar 24, 2009, 12:59 PM
Well, I certainly am a fan of black...however, those twin handgun models are pretty lame.
I dont mind the Yohmei rifles so much...maybe those will be a little more aesthetically pleasing...