PDA

View Full Version : money problems

puppet master
Mar 25, 2009, 10:01 AM
tell me if this is a good idea or not. i think sega should just restart the whole money thing back to the good days when creatures dropped like 200 meseta and not 2000000000000 meseta if the were to do this things wouldnt cost over a stack anymore and it would partialy remove sooo much scamming in psu. 900 mil for a weapon is crazy i just paid that much for a 10/10 love inferno now im poor as hell. but imagine a world where you would see millas in shops, decent love infernos, and other more then a stack items, or at least increase then amount of money we can hold or something. im on the 360 servers btw. i would just like to know if anyone out there feels the same as i do and would like money to change back lke the good days

Leadfoot
Mar 25, 2009, 10:10 AM
Don't pay that much for a weapon. Items werent meant to be priced for over a stack, if they were we would be able to hold more than 99,999,999 meseta. Problem fixed. also how did you accumulate 900 million meseta? the most any account can hold is 800,000,000. Technically 799,999,992.

ashley50
Mar 25, 2009, 10:12 AM
whose fault was it for buying the weapon anyways?
You spent money to GET what you wanted. What's the problem there?

and you're on 360?! Lolz

puppet master
Mar 25, 2009, 10:13 AM
i paid a stack and some 10/10 psychos for it they should just add another 0 to our money count it would make things so much easier

Itchee
Mar 25, 2009, 10:13 AM
Your solution would solve nothing. People would sell things for a comparatively lower price but said amount would still take just as long to get.
Also, if you spent as much as you claim to have on anything....you're high and/or play this game far too much.
Go outside.

puppet master
Mar 25, 2009, 10:15 AM
i didnt get scammed or anything but its nerve racking when your tradind someone that much. i normaly dont do these kinds of trades in the first place.

Itchee
Mar 25, 2009, 10:17 AM
i normaly dont do these kinds of trades in the first place.

Then you should listen to your own advice and dont do those trades in the first place.

Calsetes
Mar 25, 2009, 10:17 AM
I honestly don't think that would help matters much. People would still charge outrageous prices for things, regardless of if people could or wanted to buy them. The game (unfortunately) will still be geared as this:

You play this game non-stop, 24-7, you'll have lots of money and could buy anything you wanted, but you already have everything you want, so you sell what you don't need for a metric button (since it wasn't hard for you to get it). You don't play non-stop, you play the game casually, you end up like me - broke, and unable to get any decent weapons because you don't have anything of value (again, because you don't play the game 24-7).

I really don't think Sega can do anything to help the player base help other players get further in the game, you'll still have elitest types who sell hard-to-get stuff for waaaaaaay more than they should go for, and you'll still have average Joe Schmoe being "uber-gimp" because nobody wants to help him. Probably why the PC servers have such a crappy influx of new players, too.

Sorry fir the bit of a rant, but yeah, that's my basic thoughts on it.

ashley50
Mar 25, 2009, 10:18 AM
it IS a 10/10 afterall...and a seasonal weapon.

but hey at least you're 'unique' amongst the rest...for spending lots o' meseta for it

Itchee
Mar 25, 2009, 10:19 AM
This game is ez-mode.
You dont need the rarest of anything other than for looks, which in turn you're obtaining for the epeen factor.

puppet master
Mar 25, 2009, 10:21 AM
the whole get a life thing.... well sir i have a life and i girl friend but i have been on house arrest 5 times and when you cant leave your house, mmo's is really the only thing to do besides watch tv and sleep. they made my time under house arrest go much faster and i got lucky with all my money, i made a carriguine-rucar 50% dark and then grinded it to 10/10 i sold it for a shit load,so shut the hell up and why come to my thread talking shit to me, your the one starting fights on the internet not me so to you sir, you go outside at least you can whore

Itchee
Mar 25, 2009, 10:23 AM
Nice.
Im not starting a fight with anyone, im merely suggesting that perhaps your priorities are outta wack if you're spending an amount that ridiculous on anything.

Calsetes
Mar 25, 2009, 10:30 AM
Wow.

......My suggestion would be to not do stuff to get yourself under house arrest, but to each his own. I know I played a lot back when I was unemployed, so I guess I can't fault you for that. Still, my point does pretty much stand - if you play a lot (like, all the time) then you can get the rarest crap, and if you don't, then you don't (and good luck prying it away from someone who does have it and doesn't want it - you end up paying an arm and a leg).

Leadfoot
Mar 25, 2009, 10:37 AM
Another thing... How much will that weapon be worth when the adahna degahnna cannon gets released very soon?? I think you my have overspent, but I dont know.

Calsetes
Mar 25, 2009, 10:40 AM
The sad thing is no matter what, probably anyone who has a love inferno that gets the adahna degahna cannon still will either sell it for a metric butt-ton, or won't sell it at all.

Which means my awesome female master gunner, who would look pretty cool with that, STILL won't have a love inferno, unless someone wants to be nice and help a guy out with some sort of payment plan?

Itchee
Mar 25, 2009, 10:43 AM
Psupedia claims that Love Infernoc drops off of the AMF Heavy Infantry in Electronic Brain S2.
That would be a reasonable facsimile.

Calsetes
Mar 25, 2009, 10:47 AM
Yeah, but the kubara guns are so weak compared to the original. Plus, it's not bright red and shoots hearts, which sounds like something Nuku Nuku would use (my cast gunner). I really don't want it for ego reasons, heck I even offered an Agito Repca for one (the only one I had, which wasn't really that great, but it's my only "big money" item, and I really don't like how they look anyway).

Plus, as I said in another topic, no illegal weapons for me!

Itchee
Mar 25, 2009, 10:52 AM
I cant hate on your disapproval of "illegal" weapons, however, the smexy black finish on the Kubara guns cannot be ignored by this CAST...
Anything bright red and shooting hearts? Thank you, no.

Calsetes
Mar 25, 2009, 11:10 AM
Yeah, but it's for Nuku Nuku... that's what she does.....

Eh, no biggie. To each his own. I decided to put my repca up in the shop anyway, though I doubt that anyone's going to buy it.

Itchee
Mar 25, 2009, 11:28 AM
Well, never say never.
Just so long as you're not the absolute highest price on the list...and you'll sell it eventually.

Calsetes
Mar 25, 2009, 11:48 AM
Well, there were two others on there, and I put mine with the lower of the two (which makes me think it won't sell). The other one for 50 mil is 2% less than mine, and a 3/10, whereas mine is a 0/7, same element and all. My only saving grace is that someone buys the other and then decides mine is worthy of being sold. If not, then I might knock it down another 5 mil or so. Don't want to just give it away...

Itchee
Mar 25, 2009, 12:24 PM
I try to put at least 3 grinds on anything before I sell it. Too many 0/10s and 0/9s, ect flood the lists. 3 grinds are ez to put on anything. You may or may not already do this, but my 4th alt slot is used specifically as a temp alt for grinding. Check the photon fortune each day, whoever has max luck...make a 4th alt of this type. Go grind.
Not saying someone wont buy it as a 0/7.....but it'll sell way faster if it has a couple grinds ready to go.

Calsetes
Mar 25, 2009, 12:53 PM
My problem is that I would have kept it if it would have gotten to +4 just once, but it keeps breaking. I'm half-scared to try getting it to +3 just because with that as my new stopping point, it'll break before then...

I might wait until there's a grinding bonus for something to do that.

(Oh yeah, was always on a 3-star luck person, too.)

Itchee
Mar 25, 2009, 12:58 PM
Yea, my luck with grinding is piss-poor too....
If i can get something to 5/10, im happy as hell and call it a day...

Calsetes
Mar 25, 2009, 01:35 PM
I play on the PC servers, that's why. Only 3 of them on there, mine being one of them.

Anyway, it's a 21% Earth Repca, 0/7 grinds on it, for 50 mil. Only other things there are a Diad from when they were going for 700k recently (not any more though, now they're like 400k and I was too lazy to change the one that was left in there) and a Donoph's Soul that I put up for 5 mil, just for hilarity's sake (and because I have two others, and only two DB's Sabers to use it with).

overstockr1
Mar 25, 2009, 05:16 PM
Or do as I do don't buy anything play the game and get it your self.
That is what makes the game fun for me buying all your stuff is to much like cheating to me.
And there's no reason to play if all you do is cheat.

fay
Mar 25, 2009, 05:35 PM
i always hoped they would do the whole thing. erase the money everyone had and let enemys drop bad amount of mesata. like the way vanilla PSU is.

the only problem is i know a lot of peopel would quit over it. the games gone on too far now to go back. instead they came up with another idea. gold bars. a way to further increase the mesata count per person and they can be lazy about it as they dont have to worry about that extra 0

Magician
Mar 26, 2009, 06:52 AM
Don't pay that much for a weapon. Items werent meant to be priced for over a stack, if they were we would be able to hold more than 99,999,999 meseta. Problem fixed. also how did you accumulate 900 million meseta? the most any account can hold is 800,000,000. Technically 799,999,992.

Four characters
Four PMs
Common box

9 * 99,999,999 = 899,999,991 meseta...is the max you can have...

...not including the value of your equips or various other stored items.

Until regional servers get gold bars that is, then the sky's the limit.

Leadfoot
Mar 26, 2009, 01:32 PM
Ahh, I stand corrected. I forgot the common box.

Konsuishi
Mar 27, 2009, 09:27 AM
All in all the money system isn't the best but it gets the job done for now. Hopefully sega will throw in some sort of way to hold more meseta or at least tack on another pretty little 0 but as for me i don't have any problems with the market. you don't wanna get scammed then i recomend you not make the trade.

Ruru
Mar 27, 2009, 09:43 AM

you can hold up to 9 stacks of meseta over 4 characters and your common box on one account = to 900million meseta.
2 stacks per character (one stack on character and one in PM) and one stack in common box.

Calsetes
Mar 27, 2009, 09:46 AM
With these guys getting scammed, are they not counting the money in the "finalize trade" box, or is someone actually making it look like..... let's say 10 mil, when in all actuality it's only like 100 meseta? I know one time my friend gave me a rifle that she bought for 1 mil, and I told her I'd pay her for it, then unknowingly dropped what I thought was 1 mil (we were in a mission at the time). They panicked and wondered why I gave so much. Turns out, I thought I had just over a mil on me, but it was actually 11 mil. Thankfully she gave it back, minus her mil I gave her.

Leadfoot
Mar 27, 2009, 12:10 PM
Again, to Ruru. I forgot the common box. post # 30.

Ruru
Mar 27, 2009, 01:40 PM
Again, to Ruru. I forgot the common box. post # 30.

ahh sorry. i must admit i didn't read the previous page my mistake.