STRANG
Mar 25, 2009, 10:44 AM
Anyone have any pics of info on them?

Arada
Mar 25, 2009, 10:45 AM
They're not even released yet...

Itchee
Mar 25, 2009, 10:47 AM
Im not interested in any new SUVs unless they get better gas mileage.

Ethateral
Mar 25, 2009, 10:59 AM
This.

We'll find out Friday. ;P

EspioKaos
Mar 25, 2009, 11:06 AM
Personally, I'm not expecting anything new-new, only the unlocking of some of the remaining (offline) SUVs like Wise Faust and Rapia Fluge. But whatever they turn out to be, we'll find out in a day.

Hrith
Mar 25, 2009, 12:39 PM
S-grade versions of the Attackers would be awesome.

SammaeltheDark
Mar 25, 2009, 12:46 PM
They need to add an S-grade version of Ascension Gift that always summons Opa Opa

OPA!

ashley50
Mar 25, 2009, 01:06 PM
funny how these questions are asked when they're not even out yet.

Dragwind
Mar 25, 2009, 01:14 PM
Well, not much longer of a wait ;o

Zorafim
Mar 25, 2009, 01:45 PM
Now I can't be this out of the loop. I didn't hear anything about new SUVs. Do you mean they're actually releasing new ones on PSUjp?

EspioKaos
Mar 25, 2009, 01:49 PM
Now I can't be this out of the loop. I didn't hear anything about new SUVs. Do you mean they're actually releasing new ones on PSUjp?

Right. They only give it a line of text (bunched together with new weapons and clothes) in March 26's update announcement, so it can easily get lost amongst everything else.

Calsetes
Mar 25, 2009, 01:50 PM
They should make.......

stay with me on this.....

....an SUV that works like a Nanoblast. You use it, you get some cool armor-kinda-looking-thing that you can fly around in and blow crap up in.

.....At least it'd be unique.... either that or something like Paradi, but it locks onto one guy and fires one MASSIVE blast at him. I really want to say where that idea came from, but afraid it'd be a spoiler for anyone who didn't play it. They use the same thing in Gears of War, though.

TekkamanCrazy
Mar 25, 2009, 01:59 PM
They should make.......

....an SUV that works like a Nanoblast. You use it, you get some cool armor-kinda-looking-thing that you can fly around in and blow crap up in.

.....At least it'd be unique.... either that or something like Paradi, but it locks onto one guy and fires one MASSIVE blast at him. I really want to say where that idea came from, but afraid it'd be a spoiler for anyone who didn't play it. They use the same thing in Gears of War, though.

Sounds cool but, would't it be a JP exculsive?:-?

Neith
Mar 25, 2009, 02:06 PM
What would be hilarious is if one of these new SUV turns out to be just as broken/worse than Paradi is now :lol:

I'd kill for an S-Rank version of Gigas Espada though, I love that SUV but I miss the END boost Paradi gives >_>

Calsetes
Mar 25, 2009, 02:11 PM
Only if our servers got shut off before we finish getting what the JP servers got. We supposedly are getting the new download-only stuff as well.

Edit: It just depends on WHEN we actually get it. Because you know, it takes the average person who's paid to translate stuff from one language the know into another language they know about 5 times longer than it should...

The_Brimada
Mar 25, 2009, 02:18 PM
I'd kill for an S-Rank version of Gigas Espada though, I love that SUV but I miss the END boost Paradi gives >_>

Same here but gib faust instead :o

TekkamanCrazy
Mar 25, 2009, 02:19 PM
As long as we get a little content at a time I'll have no complaints.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 25, 2009, 04:09 PM

Oh come on. The Hammer of Dawn is hardly a spoiler.

THat'd be awesome though. :wacko:

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Mar 25, 2009, 04:25 PM
I'd like to see a SUV where you summon a subway train that just nails enemies in front of you. Kinda like the Rafal Buster..except its a train...ding ding!

But seriously I'd like to see a SUV that shoots off homing missiles or lasers, you wouldn't believe how many times I've missed with some of those SUVs...pain in the arse.

fighgunners
Mar 25, 2009, 04:35 PM
They should make.......

According to the PS:P enemy database, Magas Maggahna is a "Prototype SUV" made by the Endrum Collective. Now just picture that but only a little smaller. Or maybe if were lucky, will get Vivienne's SUV from fighting her in PS:P or if were really lucky, we'll get Lou's SUV from PSU V1 offline.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Mar 25, 2009, 04:38 PM
Wait...Vivienne has a SUV? I think I broke her too quick to even see it. Poo...

RemiusTA
Mar 25, 2009, 04:45 PM

/thread

EspioKaos
Mar 25, 2009, 04:55 PM
or if were really lucky, we'll get Lou's SUV from PSU V1 offline.
But remember...
"It came from outer orbit; you can't have one." </Lou>

:wacko:

ZeroKamikaze
Mar 25, 2009, 09:53 PM
I just want more SUVs that are S rank for the Endurance boost really, seeing as it was only a matter of time before the almighty paradi got nerfed. The ones I want to see most are S rank Espada and Faust mostly.

Arika
Mar 25, 2009, 10:04 PM
S-grade versions of the Attackers would be awesome.

I think the same. It can be that kind of things, because they don't need to add new graphic.

pikachief
Mar 25, 2009, 11:47 PM
I think the same. It can be that kind of things, because they don't need to add new graphic.

yup. i remember the exapnsion coming out and being like, cool we have Busters for B rank, Attackers for A rank, now Strikers for S rank yea?

no :/

im still waiting lets hope sega grants mah wish ^^

Calsetes
Mar 26, 2009, 08:05 AM
Oh come on. The Hammer of Dawn is hardly a spoiler.

THat'd be awesome though. :wacko:

Nah, not that, since it wasn't really a spoiler. The game I'm thinking of involves other things, and came out...... maybe 3 weeks ago? Think dark and scary and a "shoot them in the head" strategy.

I really don't want to say what it is though, since it's an awesome part, and it's REAL late in the game.

bloodflowers
Mar 26, 2009, 08:25 AM
I just want more SUVs that are S rank for the Endurance boost really, seeing as it was only a matter of time before the almighty paradi got nerfed. The ones I want to see most are S rank Espada and Faust mostly.

Well, not content with nerfing the power and range of Paradi, they also dropped the STA it gives to A rank levels, so don't get your hopes up with the new ones. That's a real smack in the face to CASTs.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/mdbrim2004/psu20090326_064500_007.jpg

Not even worth calling it S rank now.

Arika
Mar 26, 2009, 08:59 AM
As long as the S rank is better than A rank, it deserve it name.
Ask a any race(including cast) if they gonna throw away their 8 STA unit to 3 STA unit with suv or not? they will say yes.
(because if the answer is no, you can just unwear your SUV and wear other unit, they never have any unit that not allow cast to use)

Magician
Mar 26, 2009, 09:02 AM
Well, not content with nerfing the power and range of Paradi, they also dropped the STA it gives to A rank levels, so don't get your hopes up with the new ones. That's a real smack in the face to CASTs.

Haha, that's awesome. So it seems all SUVs will have a END boost no higher than three now?

I'd rather use an END +10 unit in my extra slot now.

Calsetes
Mar 26, 2009, 09:05 AM
A cast with an Aura Field unit.....

That might actually be somewhat cool-looking, depending on how the cast looks in general.

darkante
Mar 26, 2009, 09:12 AM
According to the PS:P enemy database, Magas Maggahna is a "Prototype SUV" made by the Endrum Collective. Now just picture that but only a little smaller. Or maybe if were lucky, will get Vivienne's SUV from fighting her in PS:P or if were really lucky, we'll get Lou's SUV from PSU V1 offline.

Uhh..you made me get ideas in my head.

What if Magas Maggahna/Adahna Degahna could be summoned in a SUV (smaller version as you say). They would be randomly selected and then one of them would do their signature move. (Shooting rockets, firing a big a laser, slash with the big sword, whip them hard, ram them like a train etc)

All do some kind of effect, some better in single targets, some better for groups and some better for big foes with multiple hit spots.

Or a Mini-magashi that do some kind of cool sword combo if you get really lucky.

That would make SUV more fun as you donīt really know what to expect, but you wonīt be dissapointed none the less.

:barf: Sega has betrayed us Casts.

I donīt really care as long they compensate it with the other SUV that are situational being equal to the Paradi former glory.
While they are at it, ban Sturm Buster/Attacker from the game as well.

That would be awesome to see some more variety. :D

Magician
Mar 26, 2009, 09:13 AM
:barf: Sega has betrayed us Casts.

Yeah, even though it's the biggest nerf I can remember since the dus daggas nerf (I wasn't around for the chikki nerf), it is about time it happened.

The_Brimada
Mar 26, 2009, 11:15 AM

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/mdbrim2004/psu20090326_064500_007.jpg

Its also downgraded to 10* too I believe. But forgot to take a pic before the "lol rollback". I was sleepy too so may have just been seeing things... I'll check it again when I get back on.

ashley50
Mar 26, 2009, 11:26 AM
what?! Downgraded to 10?! :l

The_Brimada
Mar 26, 2009, 11:30 AM
TO be honest, I was probably just looking at my armor. I doubt they actually made a 12* item 10*

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 26, 2009, 11:32 AM
END is pretty meaningless anyway. If you're worried about Megid, then just stock up on Scapes, not like it's hard to afford them. Otherwise, resist units deal with the only other SEs that matter (Freeze/Stun/Sleep) effectively.

Chimeria
Mar 26, 2009, 11:36 AM
Paradi is a bit overpowered though...I must admit. This is coming from a cast-player. On low-rank missions, it pretty much clears the whole room clean.

But the nerf does kinda suck. I've noticed that as you level and your PAs get stronger, they can sort of out-shadow the all-mighty paradi. We'll just have to wait and see how much the damage has been reduced by.

Hey maybe we'll start seeing less CAST players now and different SUVs during missons. lol.

Magician
Mar 26, 2009, 11:44 AM
END is pretty meaningless anyway. If you're worried about Megid, then just stock up on Scapes, not like it's hard to afford them. Otherwise, resist units deal with the only other SEs that matter (Freeze/Stun/Sleep) effectively.

But shouldn't an END of 21+ give you immunity to SE 3 freeze/stun/sleep, eliminating the need of those body units?

Hrith
Mar 26, 2009, 12:26 PM
END is pretty meaningless anyway. If you're worried about Megid, then just stock up on Scapes, not like it's hard to afford them. Otherwise, resist units deal with the only other SEs that matter (Freeze/Stun/Sleep) effectively.Someone does not play a master class. Getting SE'd 9 times out of 10 is a huge, HUEG hinderance, and there're other SEs which are extremely annoying. Every mission (bar what, Plains Overlord? >_>) has at least two hindering SEs.

Let me give you a simple example, that even a beast AT would understand.
I was TAing Desert Goliath recently. As a Fortegunner, I would wear a Stun / Resist (Bomalta close-range attack + Magas Maggahna) and never care about the rest.
As Gunmaster, I am of course wearing the same body unit, but I discovered DG had many more SEs. I get shocked by the robots regularly, Kanohne put me to sleep every other bullet, and every single missile or explosion sets me on fire.

Now you might want to say that two of those SEs are not a problem. And you'd be wrong. Shock is a huge waste of time when TAing, especially since Sol Atomizers are usually not the first item on the palette.
Sleep is of course atrocious, especially since you can be put to sleep while asleep, which happens a lot with the low STA of master classes.
Burn is not literally hindering, but you will always get one tick before the Sol Atomizer registers, which can be annoying. As a cast, I don't care, it builds up SUV gauge.

Playing GM/FM has made me realise how many SEs there are in this game, and how annoying they can get when you get afflicted over ten times per run, because it's the number of times you get ailed which makes them annoying. Getting shocked or confused once is nothing; when it happens fifteen times in a run, it amounts to a significant time loss.

Calsetes
Mar 26, 2009, 01:10 PM
Resist? Stamina? What are these things you people speak of? My Fortefighter's more manly then you guys - he gets frozen, or put to sleep, or shocked and doesn't bother avoiding it, because that's what us real men do. Anyone can kill a mob while not being afraid of being frozen, but only a REAL man lets himself get put in a position where he can get pummeled repeatedly by enemies while being unable to do anything about it.

Yeah. Take that, logic!

....... maybe there's a reason why I always take so long in missions..........

Ethateral
Mar 26, 2009, 01:16 PM
Resist? Stamina? What are these things you people speak of? My Fortefighter's more manly then you guys - he gets frozen, or put to sleep, or shocked and doesn't bother avoiding it, because that's what us real men do. Anyone can kill a mob while not being afraid of being frozen, but only a REAL man lets himself get put in a position where he can get pummeled repeatedly by enemies while being unable to do anything about it.

Yeah. Take that, logic!

....... maybe there's a reason why I always take so long in missions..........
/thread
Lmao! XD

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 26, 2009, 01:53 PM
some stuff
Well yeah, TA is obviously going to be different, but in regular play the only really annoying SEs are the ones you can't Reverser/Sol away in half a second.

That said, it is not difficult to throw something with at least +2 END on a master type. I play my AT without any END adding units/line shields, and I don't have any complaints about 10 STA. Of course, there are the seemingly random times when 9/10 SEs in a row will stick for no apparent reason, but it is usually nowhere near that, and even when it does happen it isn't a big deal, unless you're playing solo.

Itchee
Mar 26, 2009, 02:20 PM
Here's some tips for you other gunners out there (and stay with me, cuz this sh!t is advanced):
- Aim weapon.
- Shoot weapon.
- Side-step incoming fire.
- Circle strafe to avoid melee attacks.
- Repeat.

Man alive!
My end units sure are getting a workout there!

Calsetes
Mar 26, 2009, 02:26 PM
Bah, I still like my strategy better:

Walk up to monster.
Hit monster in face with pointy thing.
Get hit by monster, sometimes get cold and go brr, and no move.
Hit monster again with pointy thing. Monster die. Bathe in monster's entrails.
Pound chest. Break sternum. Owie. Put band-aid on.
Find new monster to hit in face with pointy thing.

Now keep in mind, this works a lot better when there's someone there to do some gibbledygook and make you feel better with magic.

Hrith
Mar 26, 2009, 02:37 PM
unless you're playing solo.Hey, you know me ;o

But the way I play (I rarely dodge anything), SEs are greatly annoying even in teams. I have to wear Vijeri / Resist, now (Fortegunner is immune to incapacitation with a Castest Line), meaning I get frozen/stunned a lot (Gaozorans, Bel Pannons, Seed-Ardites, and many more -_-). I really miss FG STA. But female FG to GM is the biggest loss, too.

Itchee
Mar 26, 2009, 02:41 PM
Just get a De Colte Line and wade through oncoming SE attacks like so many rotten egg farts.

bloodflowers
Mar 26, 2009, 02:43 PM
I'm going to miss being able to support my team even when faced by megid and ice. Currently my AT nullifies the megid, and wears a freeze / resist. Sega shouldn't have done such a hard nerf, just reducing power and range would have done, and shut up all the people whining about SUVs. The stamina drop is actually much worse.

Itchee
Mar 26, 2009, 02:46 PM
I went back to using my Ascension Gift cuz nothing says "screw you" like dropping an oversized rappy on someone.

Kazemi
Mar 26, 2009, 05:06 PM
this thread really shows who plays casts because casts are cool regardless and those who play it only for e-peen supremacy.

But shouldn't an END of 21+ give you immunity to SE 1 freeze/stun/sleep, eliminating the need of those body units?
fixed :)

Calsetes
Mar 26, 2009, 05:21 PM
I like my cast.

I had her as a wartecher for awhile, but made her back to a gunner. If WTs do get a big bonus to ATP like they (probably) will from the looks of that patch, then I'll make her that again.

Magus_84
Mar 26, 2009, 06:52 PM
I'm going to miss being able to support my team even when faced by megid and ice. Currently my AT nullifies the megid, and wears a freeze / resist. Sega shouldn't have done such a hard nerf, just reducing power and range would have done, and shut up all the people whining about SUVs. The stamina drop is actually much worse.

Here's a novel idea:

Drop the racial "I win" button and use a STA-granting unit? >_>

That's probably Sega's angle on this. You can either have status immunity/resistance, or lesser resistance and a situational win button.

This also makes non-Casts look better in comparison, as using a higher-STA unit on one of them is less painful than choosing to give up the sacred win button.

Will_Nonheim
Mar 26, 2009, 07:59 PM
So, uh, beside the whole "GRARGH SUV SUCKS, WEAR STA. UNITS!" thing I'm hearing in this thread, I'ma go back to the initial point a bit.

I don't really mind if the "new" SUVs are like, Sturm Destroyer, or whatever the S rank name would be; personally my own preference would just to give equal distribution of other SUVs. I mean, like, having an A and S variant for Gigas Espada/Faust, and so on for all SUV types. It can be done, it's the same visuals but with statmodifiers anyway. ...Espada and Faust, especially, are in dire need of such treatment; because they're hard to aim (sort of. I mean if you compare to Paradi or Sturm...) and the attack power is completely laughable (Paradi : 1-2 mobs nuked depending. Espada : I hit 2 enemies for sub-par damage, woo! :D).

Magus_84
Mar 26, 2009, 08:08 PM
So, uh, beside the whole "GRARGH SUV SUCKS, WEAR STA. UNITS!" thing I'm hearing in this thread, I'ma go back to the initial point a bit.

I don't really mind if the "new" SUVs are like, Sturm Destroyer, or whatever the S rank name would be; personally my own preference would just to give equal distribution of other SUVs. I mean, like, having an A and S variant for Gigas Espada/Faust, and so on for all SUV types. It can be done, it's the same visuals but with statmodifiers anyway. ...Espada and Faust, especially, are in dire need of such treatment; because they're hard to aim (sort of. I mean if you compare to Paradi or Sturm...) and the attack power is completely laughable (Paradi : 1-2 mobs nuked depending. Espada : I hit 2 enemies for sub-par damage, woo! :D).

Oh, I fully agree with you on this.

I just find it funny that people are moaning about the STA reduction on Paradi as "horrible", when even with no STA boost people would still equip it due to how overpowering it is.

I think they should give the "melee" type SUVs (Faust, Espada, etc) more of a STA boost (like 5 or 6), along with upgrading them as you said. Then, either you have to actually aim them and get more of a stat boost for it, or can hang back with something that has less of a stat boost and get more mileage out of the win button.

McLaughlin
Mar 26, 2009, 11:17 PM
I think the problem is they nerfed the win button on top of the STA boost.

Honestly, I still find the biggest problem to be the lack of Cast fighter-friendly S Rank armors.

unicorn
Mar 27, 2009, 01:04 AM
I think the problem is they nerfed the win button on top of the STA boost.

Honestly, I still find the biggest problem to be the lack of Cast fighter-friendly S Rank armors.

No. The lack of Cast techer-friendly S-rank armors.

I think SUV should just use TP instead of ATP. It would kinda make sense. It would give Cast techers more power, and still be useful on Cast fighters (because they have enough TP).

AlphaDragoon
Mar 27, 2009, 04:39 AM
Here's a novel idea:

Drop the racial "I win" button and use a STA-granting unit? >_>

Too bad the true racial "I win" button is Beasts and CASTs in general, not just SUVs. Sega needs to nerf the races and not just their moves if they really want to balance it.

STRANG
Mar 27, 2009, 07:14 AM
funny how these questions are asked when they're not even out yet.

funny how people always pop in threads with smart ass remarks.

darkante
Mar 27, 2009, 07:53 AM
Too bad the true racial "I win" button is Beasts and CASTs in general, not just SUVs. Sega needs to nerf the races and not just their moves if they really want to balance it.

Nerf the races? Isnīt the races supposed to stick out a bit?

Imagine PSO Castīs characters without their natural ATP boost.
Who would bother playing them then?

Might as well just stick with Humar, Ramar as then they are superior.

Ohh wait..now they are too strong. BAWWWW

Seriously, they Cast/Beastīs donīt need a nerf. The P.Aīs do
They are really the problem.

Konsuishi
Mar 27, 2009, 09:20 AM

I disagree with this seeing as humans offer balance in all classes and newmans are teh win techers. The classes are balanced just fine people just never bother using humans or newman because they don't have a push button win move. It's all your own choice and no class needs a nerf.

Calsetes
Mar 27, 2009, 09:50 AM
Yeah, but you can't discount the fact that techs right now are pretty weak. Plus, from what I've seen there's actually not a whole lot of humans in the game (at least on the PC servers). I could be wrong, but it always seems like everyone running around is a non-human.

I'm the last of a dying breed! YES!!!

Ruru
Mar 27, 2009, 10:07 AM
humans are boring: is my reason for not being one in game. also i guess being human in real life and always being all around average in every game is why i generally stear away from them if there's a decent choice.

on SUV topic.

with this recent paradi nerf (making an S rank almost = to an A rank...) i'm starting to wonder why they'll even release any new S ranks when they'll just be called broken and eventually nerfed as a result after a few months(year) of them being out.

i would like to see an SUV unit give off an aura or even a whitill/dark wings animation when equipped though. CAST sure gets the short end of the stick sometimes with armor/units/clothes IMO (i wish my caseal could wear some of the normal clothes available to non-casts.)