PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Playing JP PSU.

OldCoot
Mar 25, 2009, 05:55 PM
Hello. My 3rd 360 just popped up with the 3-rings of death and I am growing tired of the console situation. While it is down I wondered what it would take for a english player to open up and play on the JP servers? I assume I would have to go buy that version from online and pick up a GL from the Japanese site?

Would my current version of XP be fine?

Would not knowing Japanese prevent the game from being playable with a good understanding of how the game works from my current version?

Any suggestions other than my questions would be very helpful. Maybe, would it really be worth it overall?

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 25, 2009, 06:04 PM
You need to sign up for an account and download the client, then you got 5 days free before you actually have to pay for anything...

Inazuma
Mar 25, 2009, 06:31 PM
dont forget the community course starts tomorrow. there are so many restrictions in place its absurd but at least you could get a feel for how it is to play in jp, for free.
*edit* or is the community course only for players who let their GL expire? i dont know for sure.

EspioKaos
Mar 25, 2009, 06:33 PM
dont forget the community course starts tomorrow. there are so many restrictions in place its absurd but at least you could get a feel for how it is to play in jp, for free.
*edit* or is the community course only for players who let their GL expire? i dont know for sure.

Just for those who previously paid but let their license lapse.

Aorre
Mar 25, 2009, 08:00 PM
Learn Katakana or your chances of going back increase significantly... :(

ashley50
Mar 25, 2009, 08:47 PM
Learn Katakana or your chances of going back increase significantly... :(

I can read katakana and hiragana but...I don't feel that way though. Maybe the 'new' SUV is planning to lure me though

autumn
Mar 25, 2009, 10:41 PM
Playing on the JP server isn't too hard providing you're willing to learn a bit of katakana (which is what all of the items are listed in) You can play with the other importers (who are all really nice and will help you get on your feet) Also you can find some nice JP players who speak English and are willing to play with you although expect there to be some players who won't care for you (you see a decent amount of 'JP only' listings) Also this might help you out: http://psupedia.info/Joining_the_Japanese_Server

OldCoot
Mar 26, 2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks all for your information.

SammaeltheDark
Mar 26, 2009, 05:51 PM
I really got to meet up with some other English-speaker players on JP. I started up an account and played a bit when they made the Client free for DL, but then jumped back to US at the start of the Winter Mission Carnival
I was looking to get back to playing JP with today's major patch... but we all know how well that went ;A;

Kion
Mar 26, 2009, 08:11 PM
If only it was possible to transfer my account; then i`d hop over in a second. I`d rather stop playing than have to relevel all of my PAs. (even if japan`s content is really tempting)

SammaeltheDark
Mar 27, 2009, 11:28 AM
If only it was possible to transfer my account; then i`d hop over in a second. I`d rather stop playing than have to relevel all of my PAs. (even if japan`s content is really tempting)
Well it looks like Japan will be getting a PA xp boost soon as part of the compensation they're receiving for the Supplemental Update failure. Keep an eye out for when that'll occur

EspioKaos
Mar 27, 2009, 02:21 PM
Well it looks like Japan will be getting a PA xp boost soon as part of the compensation they're receiving for the Supplemental Update failure. Keep an eye out for when that'll occur

And with the update planned to go through before the compensation (*fingers crossed*), you might even be able to stack that boost with the PA LV+ type customization items to level your arts even faster.

Hell, just the basic boost they give is very nice. When I started up on the JP side, I used that to get my TECHNICs up to a semi-respectable level in a relatively short time period. You'll pretty much fly through LV1-10. (I recall getting five or six levels on a single TECHNIC in a single run of Unsafe Passage C or B.) LV11-20 goes a bit slower, but the boost is still noticeable.

Kion
Mar 27, 2009, 07:41 PM
sounds pretty sweet. i guess i`ll dl the jp server free trial then.

OldCoot
Mar 28, 2009, 06:04 PM
And with the update planned to go through before the compensation (*fingers crossed*), you might even be able to stack that boost with the PA LV+ type customization items to level your arts even faster.

Hell, just the basic boost they give is very nice. When I started up on the JP side, I used that to get my TECHNICs up to a semi-respectable level in a relatively short time period. You'll pretty much fly through LV1-10. (I recall getting five or six levels on a single TECHNIC in a single run of Unsafe Passage C or B.) LV11-20 goes a bit slower, but the boost is still noticeable.

I hope this is so. I agree and do not really desire to level bullets up or techs. I thought of doing AT. There isn't very many support techs and the other techs stop at 30. Also I might go fighter since those PAs level quickly. I am in no mood to do megid or megiverse again. :)

I got a book and studied Japanese a few years ago but couldn't find enough help once I got into the second quarter in college. Guess I can pull that out and study up. I take it then that Kanji (hope that is spelled right) isn't needed?

Kazemi
Mar 29, 2009, 06:16 AM
most item names are engrish katakana. if you can read katakana fairly well you won't have much problems there. mission names are mostly kanji though but anyone that has played the game for awhile will know which mission is what at the counters anyways.

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 29, 2009, 06:28 AM
most item names are engrish katakana. if you can read katakana fairly well you won't have much problems there. mission names are mostly kanji though but anyone that has played the game for awhile will know which mission is what at the counters anyways.
And if you're still stuck, you can pop me a mail over PSU :)