PDA

View Full Version : t shirt rant

Inazuma
Mar 26, 2009, 06:25 PM
i never really thought much about t shirts before but now they really piss me off.

i want to buy some high quality, plain t shirts that DONT have fucking company logos/brand names/etc on them. where on earth can i buy plain t shirts that are a single color w/ nothing else on them?

also, wtf is up w/ placing tags right there on the neck area? it irritates my neck and sometimes the tag will flip up and be visible. what a pain. put the fucking tag somewhere else, like at the very bottom area of the shirt (close to where your waist would be).

i am sick of supporting this shit. if a t shirt is an advertisement, it should be free. we should all be ashamed of ourselves for acting like sheep and supporting this BS.

can someone please direct me to a website that sells plain single color t shirts that are high quality? if they dont have tags at the neck area, even better. also, i like muscle shirts so if you know of a place that sells those w/o brand names, i will be very happy. (muscle shirts are just a little tighter fitting than normal shirts are.)

we need to work together and stop supporting this shit. if some company wants you to be a walking advertisement for them, they should pay YOU.

SpikeOtacon
Mar 26, 2009, 06:31 PM
I don't know about you, but there are plenty of stores around here that sell single color (usually white) shirts with nothing on them. And i'm sure if you try hard enough (http://tinyurl.com/cvmkqv) you will find plenty of places online that sell them.

Also you can, you know, cut the tag off. It isn't that hard.

astuarlen
Mar 26, 2009, 06:33 PM
I have a few American Apparel shirts, and I think they're rather nice in thickness, feel, and cut. They have several styles (and not just tees) and lots of colors. The downside is they're pretty expensive.
Link (http://store.americanapparel.net/men-basic-t-shirts.html)

Leviathan
Mar 26, 2009, 06:44 PM
Hanes. They are cheap. You can get them everywhere.
Or the more expensive American Apparel which is higher quality [I guess, never tried one.] and you an get them from the internet if you don't haveone near by.

hyperacute
Mar 26, 2009, 06:45 PM
Fruit of the Loom tees are plain and come in a range of colours. Not sure where to buy them individually (I used to buy them by the hundreds in order to print on them) but they're usually pretty cheap.

Inazuma
Mar 26, 2009, 06:59 PM
I have a few American Apparel shirts, and I think they're rather nice in thickness, feel, and cut. They have several styles (and not just tees) and lots of colors. The downside is they're pretty expensive.
Link (http://store.americanapparel.net/men-basic-t-shirts.html)

thanks. these look pretty decent, but where do they have the tags?

Ketchup345
Mar 26, 2009, 07:06 PM
I have a few Sonoma (Kohl's only I think) T-shirts that I like.

Not sure about super long term quality (mine seem fine so far), but they can be relatively cheap to buy, come in a variety of colors, and have basically a "stamp" instead of a tag. Since it almost fits what you want perfectly, I'll link:
Normal T-shirt (http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/mens/casualshirts/teeshenleys/PRD~414519/SONOMA+life+++style+Solid+Tee.jsp)
V-neck and 3 button shirts are also available.

I don't wear muscle shirts, and its not listed as a feature, so these may have a tag.
White muscle shirts (http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/mens/athleticapparel/tops/PRD~157813/SONOMA+life+++style+2pk+Muscle+Tee.jsp)

Leviathan
Mar 26, 2009, 07:20 PM
thanks. these look pretty decent, but where do they have the tags?

I don't think they have tags.

Syl
Mar 26, 2009, 07:29 PM
i am sick of supporting this shit. if a t shirt is an advertisement, it should be free. we should all be ashamed of ourselves for acting like sheep and supporting this BS.

lolk lemme just get Toyota to pay me for driving their car and Samsung for using their TV.

Seriously though, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom (tagless in some cases) and AAA all come to mind on being nice plain cotton shirts as well as being pretty cheap. These brands can be bought at Walmart and Target and especially at privately owned t-shirt shops.

As for the tags, you can just, you know... cut them off? Otherwise, stop being such a brat about it. I'm pretty sure you're not a 5 year old. They're just tags, you can't even feel them unless they're thick as hell.

Outrider
Mar 27, 2009, 10:21 AM
I actually got a couple shirts from Old Navy the other day, and while I got baseball tees, they had a bunch of solid-color blank t-shirts for four or five bucks each.

Cracka_J
Mar 27, 2009, 11:39 AM
Kohl's has a line called covington I think, I buy those mostly. For the simple reason that nobody makes a goddamn TALL SIZE t shirt. I swear I buy a pack of hanes or fruit of the loom and they sometimes don't even go past my waist. Wash them once and you're wearing a kids t-shirt and look like your ready for a night of clubbing at the gay bar.

But yeah I hear ya...you should be able to get a pack of tees for like 5 bucks, not one stupid shirt with some graphic on it for 15. I can make my own custom iron-ons for less then 7 bucks anyway if I want a graphic T. Ripoffs.

Kent
Mar 27, 2009, 04:27 PM
Just be glad they don't have a tag on the inside of the shirt, half-way down one of the side seams. You'll wish it had the traditional neck-tag.

I was able to walk into the Kohl's around here and get appropriately tall-sized shirts of a pretty good quality - they do have a company logo on them, but unless you're one of those obsessive-about-clothing people, you'd probably never be able to spot it. It really just looks like a random squiggle on the breast.

...Which is fine, for me - especially since it's a pretty damn nice shirt. The kind you'd go to a job interview in.

Sinue_v2
Mar 28, 2009, 12:22 PM
You can get plain T's at Walmart. No tag, since it's printed on the fabric inside of the collar. Cheap quality, but inexpensive. Plus they got a pocket. If you're gonna get a plain T, get one with a pocket. Holy shit are they useful. I got 5 blue ones to wear with my black jeans, and 5 black ones to wear with my blue jeans.

Sayara
Mar 29, 2009, 01:21 PM
Craft stores (like Michaels) sell t-shirts (obviously for craft purpose) but they're still pretty comfy.

Cracka_J
Mar 30, 2009, 08:44 AM
You can get plain T's at Walmart. No tag, since it's printed on the fabric inside of the collar. Cheap quality, but inexpensive. Plus they got a pocket. If you're gonna get a plain T, get one with a pocket. Holy shit are they useful. I got 5 blue ones to wear with my black jeans, and 5 black ones to wear with my blue jeans.

wally's doesn't carry talls. us people over 6' look metrosexual in those t's.

astuarlen
Mar 30, 2009, 05:56 PM
I'm withdrawing my recommendation of AA on the grounds that their ads are disgusting.

Carry on.
Plenty of other good suggestions.