PDA

View Full Version : An Apology

Solstis
Mar 26, 2009, 08:54 PM
I feel like I must apologize to all retail clerks and cashierpersons. I am the guy that fumbles with his wallet, or spills ten quarters and a penny from his wallet (and not the dime I was looking for). I'm also the dude that makes a weak joke about not being able to sign my name properly.

I assure you, my sudden incompetence is just as draining to me as it is you.

Edit: I also (occasionally) handed you not enough or way too much money for a coffee.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 26, 2009, 09:50 PM
Are you the guy who pays with a $100 when I clearly have a sign stating we only take bills $20 and under?

Are you the woman who reaches around the counter when I'm helping someone else to take napkins?

Are you the high school kid who drops a full drink in the trashcan I'm five seconds from putting a trash bag back into?

If not, we're cool.

astuarlen
Mar 26, 2009, 09:59 PM
I can relate, Solstis.
I'm also the guyess who needs four tries to swipe her debit card because space-time irregularities around cash registers teleport my brain back to preschool, robbing both my memory and coordination. Luckily, my perpetual lack of cash money precludes all coin spilling embarassments.

McLaughlin
Mar 26, 2009, 11:49 PM
I'd like to apologize for all the times I bounced my debit card because I tried to bill the wrong account.

I'm sorry I spend several minutes fumbling with the change in my pocket.

I'm sorry it takes me a day and a half to put my change away again.

I'm sorry my signature doesn't match the ones on my IDs (which also don't match each other).

I'd also like to take a second to apologize to all the people who have ever sat to the left of me. I know I hit your arm a lot while I write. I'm left-handed, and I'm sorry for it.

Finally, I'm sorry my printing looks like Charlie Brown chicken-scratch, and my cursive writing is almost non-existent. It's illegible and all smudged from my left-handedness, I know. My bad.

Midicronica
Mar 27, 2009, 12:41 AM
I'd also like to take a second to apologize to all the people who have ever sat to the left of me. I know I hit your arm a lot while I write. I'm left-handed, and I'm sorry for it.

Preach on brother! Except by handwriting looks quite nice. It's so nice to know that I'm not the only guy who feels terrible for taking like 5-10 seconds fumbling with his wallet trying to put money away. Oh god, don't give me change and bills. You'll be there all day.

Aorre
Mar 27, 2009, 01:25 AM
I'm not sorry for paying property taxes with all $1 bills. You fuckers will count every last bill, since you're so eager to take it. I hate apologies.

Firocket1690
Mar 27, 2009, 07:58 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contactless_smart_card
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octopus_card

Someday, America will function on these things. HK's had them for years. Functions for subway, convenient stores, IDs,

.. I Just never really had much difficulty with fumbly money. =| persk of having a duct tape waller :wacko:

Outrider
Mar 27, 2009, 10:32 AM
I'm sorry I say that I have the change on me so that you don't have to give me back a handful of pennies, and then realize that I don't.

I'm sorry I always ask how to get my payment to register as credit, even though it's the same thing on 90% of all registers.

I'm sorry I consistently pay for sub-5 dollar charges with my bank card.

(Although I feel fine doing it when paying for municipal parking - it was the city's decision to shoot up the prices of parking to balance out the money they're losing on the ill-planned downtown developments, so I have no qualms if the vast majority of my parking payment goes to credit card fees.)

Kylie
Mar 27, 2009, 12:07 PM
I ALWAYS slide my debit card the wrong way, but other than that, I think I'm the perfect customer. I'm really patient and understanding of workers, which is something I learned from my folks. When I went to visit them recently, we asked a waitress to put me on a separate ticket, and she said, "I don't do separate tickets." We just smiled and still tipped her a decent amount. There are a lot of jerks out there that are working at stores and such, but I think everyone has an off-day or moment. Might as well give them the benefit of the doubt and treat them better than they've treated you.

Cracka_J
Mar 27, 2009, 12:28 PM
I'm the guy that writes "see ID" on the back of his credit cards and laughs a bit on the inside every time an incompetent employee doesn't bother to check it. I guess I'm a bit sorry :)

You do know though, like 1/50 times shopping a clerk will actually ask me for my ID. I'm not talking stores with swipe machines either, I'm talking about the ones where an employee has to physically handle my credit card and fails to check a signature. That's pretty damn sad considering how much theft there is out there.

DreXxiN
Apr 1, 2009, 11:04 AM
Cool, I'm not the only fool that slides my debit card the wrong way CONSTANTLY. xD

Ranmaru
Apr 1, 2009, 11:24 AM
I always slide my debit card the wrong way too, but thats about it.

Also, sorry I'm the slow driver who you got pissed at and went around...

(I'm a very safe driver, who never takes chances)

Vanzazikon
Apr 1, 2009, 03:20 PM
I'd also like to take a second to apologize to all the people who have ever sat to the left of me. I know I hit your arm a lot while I write. I'm left-handed, and I'm sorry for it.Now I know I'm not the only one who suffers from this problem. :wacko:

Leviathan
Apr 1, 2009, 04:36 PM
As long as you're not the guy whose sandwich is $5.41 and pays with a $100 dollar bill right after I make a huge cash drop.

Then we're cool. 8)

Solstis
Apr 2, 2009, 08:42 AM
Cool, I'm not the only fool that slides my debit card the wrong way CONSTANTLY. xD

I consider it a minor victory every time I get it right.

Blitzkommando
Apr 2, 2009, 02:58 PM
I'm the guy that writes "see ID" on the back of his credit cards and laughs a bit on the inside every time an incompetent employee doesn't bother to check it. I guess I'm a bit sorry :)

You do know though, like 1/50 times shopping a clerk will actually ask me for my ID. I'm not talking stores with swipe machines either, I'm talking about the ones where an employee has to physically handle my credit card and fails to check a signature. That's pretty damn sad considering how much theft there is out there.

Purchases under $50 on credit now often don't even require a signature in this area. They just hand over the receipt and product.

Ranmaru
Apr 6, 2009, 12:43 PM
As long as you're not the guy whose sandwich is $5.41 and pays with a $100 dollar bill right after I make a huge cash drop.

Then we're cool. 8)

I'm pretty sure robots wouldn't complain about a measly $100. xDDD Wait I need a job... >_>

Mixfortune
Apr 7, 2009, 07:45 AM

I always remember halfway through a meal with utensils that I should be the one sitting on the left. Annoying for all parties involved. Though sometimes I think of it but don't mention it because my mind somehow believes that this time maybe it won't be so bad, or our timings will be off enough that we won't collide. Alas.

darkante
Apr 7, 2009, 09:43 AM
Slide my debit card wrong side? Well...me too. Rofl