PDA

View Full Version : Foie and Diga: At LV41+, lock count is increased??

PepperCat
Mar 27, 2009, 09:12 AM
Hey All,

For the PA upate, apparently Foie and Diga get status update and "At LV41+, lock count is increased"...

Does this mean it targets two enemies/multiple boxes? :shock:

I might switch over to MF for good then. :P

Pep.

Magician
Mar 27, 2009, 09:22 AM
It would be nice (err....broken) if they were changed from single-target techs to line techs.

But then barta and zonde would need tech % increases to at least 290%+ at level 41+ as well.

Ruru
Mar 27, 2009, 09:29 AM
from the looks of it they'll be like mini (but strong) ra techs. 2 targets if the creatures are close enough it seems.

i highly doubt sega will give in and let us multi hit target boxes but i have been wrong.

Konsuishi
Mar 27, 2009, 09:29 AM
I will ask my friend to try out his Techs and see if there are any updates. I do happen to agree that it would be a little more broken than balance but hey, what do techs have anyways lol jk.

Ruru
Mar 27, 2009, 09:47 AM
my friend was hoping it would be like a double foie/double diga kind of thing like some enemies have where they can shoot multiple techs at once. would be a nice addition but the slowdown on ps2 when using diga 41 is bad enough as it is already @.@ imagine a diga 41 x2

EspioKaos
Mar 27, 2009, 02:42 PM
When I translated that chart to add to PSUPedia last night, I was a bit confused by the "lock count increased" part, too. I couldn't think of what it really meant and didn't want to speculate too much, so I kept the translation as vague as the original statement. :lol:

from the looks of it they'll be like mini (but strong) ra techs. 2 targets if the creatures are close enough it seems.

I'm kind of thinking this could be it. Basically a small explosion on impact that can hit other enemies within close range. ST are planning on trying to roll out the update again early next week, so hopefully everything will go smoothly and we'll find out what this change really is.

PepperCat
Mar 27, 2009, 03:27 PM
Yeah it'll be sweet once we really know.

Thanks Espio.

cwTopCat
Mar 27, 2009, 05:44 PM
Espio, do you think or know if other techs are going to be changed? Besides the Gi techs and the simple techs?

RemiusTA
Mar 27, 2009, 05:52 PM
they need to increase the targets for Barta. Its almost useless with a cap on it.

Inazuma
Mar 27, 2009, 05:58 PM
where is the original jp text for this? i wanna try my hand at translating it too.

desturel
Mar 27, 2009, 06:24 PM
where is the original jp text for this? i wanna try my hand at translating it too.

link (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/update/adjustment/suv_pa/)

フォイエ 状態異常LVを上方修正します。LV41以上で、ロック数が上昇します。
Foie Jyoutai ijyou LV wo jyouhou shuusai shimasu. LV41 Ijyou de, Lock-suu ga jyoushou shimasu.

Inazuma
Mar 27, 2009, 06:33 PM
thanks for the link. it says "lock kazu". hmm, kazu is number, and i think the lock might have something to do w/ locking onto enemies. higher up in the list where they are talking about adjusting the number of targets for gravity break, they use different words, so its not exactly the same as that.

my guess would be that lv 41+ foie and deega will still be primarily single target techs, but for the enemies that have more than 1 hit box on them, you will be able to hit 2+ targets at the same time.

SammaeltheDark
Mar 27, 2009, 07:01 PM
The second sentence obviously says that at LV41+, the number of ROCKs will increase. I mean, we are talking about Diga here.. hmm.. but rocks, in MY Foie? :P

Inazuma
Mar 27, 2009, 09:37 PM
hmm it could be rocks too.. cant wait to see what it really is. i want to return to MF as my main char so badly.