PDA

View Full Version : Killzone 2 Rant

R3volver
Mar 27, 2009, 10:22 AM
When I played that demo I was impressed. I thought it was going to be like the Rainbow Six 3 days on my first generation XBOX. Oh was I wrong. The campaign wasn't too bad. Some boring moments here and there but it got intense enough near the end to satisfy me and make me curious about Killzone 3. Oh but the multiplayer was a whole different story... No cover system. No vehicles. A small handful of well designed maps and weapons for the different gameplay modes. Nothing amazing but I kept at it unlocking everything in multiplayer. As I climbed the ladder it was mass confusion of whether the game sucked or was complete awesome depending on small discoveries and how many guys I pwned in a match. When I got to the end and got my three stars though I was not stuck on awesome. I was stuck on the feeling of being complete and done. No desire to continue playing. I know that if I take the initiative to get up and put that game in the good old PS3 that I'll have a little bit of fun once I get in a match and wander around a bit but I simply can't get myself to do it. Such a sad ending. I can see a Killzone 2 patch coming to make it maybe more fun by adding some of the campaign vehicles to some of the maps or maybe c4 traps but really I think they could have done more to make it worth playing but they didn't. I wonder why. I know exactly what they should have done but they didn't do it. They turned the game into a simple run and gunner with some cool novelty classes that make you spam the same ability over and over. What the hell?

Kent
Mar 27, 2009, 04:18 PM
The ironic part is that this is the exact message that all of the trailers and commercials gave. :/

It's a combination of sad and strange when what is expected to be a great game that lasts a long time due to replay value just ends, and you suddenly have no explicit urge to play it any more.