PDA

View Full Version : Stec Weapons

EK Dynomite
Mar 28, 2009, 02:22 PM
Umm....what do they do exactly?

beatrixkiddo
Mar 28, 2009, 02:31 PM
They kill enemies. According to SEGA (of Japan) they are for PA levelling.

EK Dynomite
Mar 28, 2009, 02:36 PM
By PA leveling you mean it multiplies the % or has more PP?

NDW
Mar 28, 2009, 03:14 PM
I'll quote something EspioKaos posted a while back about these types of weapons:

* The Stique series of weapons available in The Arms Dealer are recommended for leveling photon arts.
* Stique weapon characteristics are high PP recovery and low PA power.

Source: http://pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2064686&postcount=1&highlight=stique+weapon

EspioKaos
Mar 28, 2009, 04:21 PM
And to add to that, the JP wiki says that striking Stec weapons have a modifier which reduces PA power. No mention of a similar modifier for ranged or TECHNIC Stecs, however.

Alis-Landeel
Mar 28, 2009, 07:12 PM
Within about 15 casts using a Stec Rod (30-35 hits on enemies), i brought my Rafoie lv31 from 44% to 49%. I think there's a BIG bonus on leveling.

corporeal
Mar 28, 2009, 08:52 PM
it seems to me like they have a slight speed boost as well, but maybe i'm crazy

Ethateral
Mar 28, 2009, 09:05 PM
Within about 15 casts using a Stec Rod (30-35 hits on enemies), i brought my Rafoie lv31 from 44% to 49%. I think there's a BIG bonus on leveling.

Also, remember, right after you hit the next tier on a PA, the following level, levels up pretty fast. That seems normal for it at Lv. 31.

Vickie
Mar 28, 2009, 10:38 PM
The Stec Dukes are Pretty Good i got a few, the Fire,Ice,lightning ones have Att,def,and eva down they shoot faster than the Sonichi, i wish i knew what level the SE's were though

beatrixkiddo
Mar 28, 2009, 10:44 PM
Are they a laser or a 3 way shot?

Vickie
Mar 28, 2009, 10:46 PM
Are they a laser or a 3 way shot?
3 way

beatrixkiddo
Mar 28, 2009, 10:51 PM
Then they're probably the same as Kubara copies... Lv1 of the debuffs.

Alis-Landeel
Mar 29, 2009, 05:04 AM
Also, remember, right after you hit the next tier on a PA, the following level, levels up pretty fast. That seems normal for it at Lv. 31.

I specified the level (31) for this reason. But, however, i don' t think is normal. 2 rooms of System Defense in C for a boost of 5%. It' s cheap.

biggabertha
Mar 29, 2009, 08:52 AM
You also have a fourth target with Rafoie 31 than Rafoie 30.

Ethateral
Mar 29, 2009, 10:08 AM
I specified the level (31) for this reason. But, however, i don' t think is normal. 2 rooms of System Defense in C for a boost of 5%. It' s cheap.

The extra target as well as it being the beginning of the next tier, it always levels up the quickest. Ever notice whenever it gets closer to the next tier (lv. x1) it slows down a bit? Although, with the added on targets, it makes it level a bit easier too.

desturel
Mar 29, 2009, 10:56 AM
Does anyone have a list of the PP recovery rate for each item. I can't find that particular information anywhere. That the main reason why I would want them anyway.

Mystic_Nessly
Mar 30, 2009, 10:36 PM
The extra target as well as it being the beginning of the next tier, it always levels up the quickest. Ever notice whenever it gets closer to the next tier (lv. x1) it slows down a bit? Although, with the added on targets, it makes it level a bit easier too.

I'll add too, that the ease of leveling techs at the beginning of each interval (every 10 levels) is much easier to level up than the preceeding level. After the "valleys" in each tier, the amount of experience required per level up increases, taking longer than the entire previous tier. Here is a picture to help get my message across:
----http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4674/palevelexptierdifficult.jpg
----The different peaks express difficulty of leveling techs in relation to previous and future tiers (in example: first tier is 1-10, second is 11-20...)
----The levels shown above the peaks indicate the ammount of exp needed to level up the tech. For example, Lv10 --> lv11 takes longer than leveling up lv11 --> lv12.

Once again, this is a crude model and only reflects my understanding of the current system that we have in leveling techs. Whether or not this experience system is consistent with Bullets/Skills, I am not sure, as I don't spend nearly as much time on my gunner and hunter as I do on with my techer.

I hope this clears some confusion you had when wondering why you leveled 5% in only 15 casts. Maybe some of it can be attributed to a Stec weapons' (possibly) hidden ability, though I believe the ease in your leveling is attributed the "valley" of a tier level. I'll have try out those Stec weapons, though.

lokey013
Mar 31, 2009, 11:47 AM
Sweet I might have to start using these now...I went to Gawik's and I was a bit confused as to what their stats were...

^_^