PDA

View Full Version : Best way to play Co-Op?

TravelingHobo
Mar 29, 2009, 05:33 PM
My friend and I just got this game(AotI), and we were disappointed to find out that even Online, the story missions are single-player.

Is there a way for two people to get more structured/progressive gameplay? This may sound weird since this is an MMO, but we're not really interested in the MMO experience. That is, we want to avoid grinding/farming and we want a challenge.

Any suggestions? Or is it just not possible in PSU?

ShonagarACE
Mar 29, 2009, 05:37 PM
Well if you don't like running regular missions together, then you are out of luck. But nothing says you have to play a certain way, so you could just go from planet to planet doing each mission and not stay in one place mindlessly as most players do.

Only online though. And paying for an MMO without playing it like one just seems wasteful to me. But like I said, do what you want.

TravelingHobo
Mar 29, 2009, 10:03 PM
Well if you don't like running regular missions together, then you are out of luck. But nothing says you have to play a certain way, so you could just go from planet to planet doing each mission and not stay in one place mindlessly as most players do.

Yeah, so far this what we're doing, but I figured it was worth asking about.

Only online though. And paying for an MMO without playing it like one just seems wasteful to me. But like I said, do what you want.

Well, I played the original PSO offline and loved it, but the offline mode this time around was really disappointing. And since, with 45 days of online, it comes to like 20 bucks, it's not really a big deal.

Thanks for the response :)

WhiteKnight01
Mar 30, 2009, 02:31 AM
if you like this sort of game grab a gamecube and play pso on that it had a good co-op on it and i enjoyed it, hell i still have it i think

ShonagarACE
Mar 30, 2009, 02:35 PM
if you like this sort of game grab a gamecube and play pso on that it had a good co-op on it and i enjoyed it, hell i still have it i think

He just said he played PSO haha.

garjian
Mar 31, 2009, 10:17 AM
well... some missions are stil fun on PSU... if your underlevelled...

try say endrum remnants s2 at lvl70... its a challenge ^^ and try shoehorn in as much startegy as you can...

anything you can do to make it more fun will... well... make it more fun i guess...