PDA

View Full Version : Item Broken weps below 30%

White Knight
Mar 29, 2009, 08:17 PM
Why does everybody like these weps? They suck!!!

You have to have goals to keep from going insane on this game like not sucking or lookin like a random...

Dhylec
Mar 29, 2009, 08:36 PM
Heh, it's a matter of preference & financial.
Personally, I never have the money for 30%+ weapons & armors, so I synth'd & use what I got.

ShonagarACE
Mar 29, 2009, 08:39 PM
Why do you think you're better than everyone else?

I do think it is funny when I play with people whose palettes are full of 12% S-ranks, but not everyone has the millions and millions of meseta to buy 40%+ 10/10's. I don't use broken weapons, but if that's all someone can afford, then whatever.

So how about you just go ahead and play and stop worrying so much about what other people do?

TekkamanCrazy
Mar 29, 2009, 08:53 PM
This matter doesn't bother me one bit

Noblewine
Mar 29, 2009, 09:53 PM
What's the point of owning equipment that's higher than thirty. I understand that the higher the percent the less damage you take but I don't see a point to it. As Dhylec has stated its all about preference.

Hiero_Glyph
Mar 29, 2009, 10:03 PM
What's the point of owning equipment that's higher than thirty. I understand that the higher the percent the less damage you take but I don't see a point to it. As Dhylec has stated its all about preference.

Read this thread: http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159969

It will teach you almost everything you need to know about elemental percentages.

Furthermore the higher %'s are mostly for players with nothing else to spend their meseta upon, myself included. I use mostly 46+% weapons but using the proper element is still more important than the actual % of the weapon.

I would suggest using the best equipment that you can afford without worrying about the grinds. To be honest, very few weapons benefit greatly from grinding, so even broken weapons will work well for most. In the end, a 6/6 weapon is still better than that 4/10 not to mention a whole lot cheaper.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 29, 2009, 10:25 PM

You have to have goals to keep from going insane on this game like not sucking or lookin like a random...

Watch out, they tar and feather people for elitism 'round these parts.

CJ Johnny
Mar 29, 2009, 10:36 PM
Well, well….

I can see that coming already.

As you can see I am on the 360 side.
For the past few weeks. pretty much where Mission Carnival ended.

And this is not just I.
I’ve talked to few others. And their answers are the same.

You joined a random party. Party name and comment says
“Welcome to join” “join if you want” such and such.

Than all the sudden, you end up at the lobby.
Yes, ‘You have been removed from the party leader’

Now! It is not that you are not doing damage.
Or Tornado dancing with the monsters.

It’s all about you are better equip then the leader.

I myself when I join a party.
I plan to help.

It doesn’t bother me at all.
With PSU, building your friendship with others is more then half the game.

ZyphNeko
Mar 29, 2009, 10:49 PM
Yeah, what those people said. It's all about prefference, or what people can even find or afford. Besides, maybe there are some people who even like to focus on raw epic skillful power. It's not a matter of how much epicly powerful damage you do, it's about how you can fight and do any damage at all without dying in mere blatant seconds (like what most idiots who only focus on "UBAH DAMAGE" do).

Hell, here I am with probably the most "crappiest equipment" in the eyes of you elitest bums, and yet I see folks with utterly crazy high percentage weapons that are taking more damage than I am, and in no time flat I find them lying on the ground dead. Because they just mindlessly charge into the mob, thinking they're all-so-powerful.

So yeah...don't hate the playah if they have low element, broken weapons. Hell, it could even show how much of a "man" they are.

And that's my li'l rant... go me.

Neko~

darkante
Mar 29, 2009, 10:50 PM

Who cares? Some people might have a harder time to get weapons worth using or they just like the looks of it and the % just isnīt good at all anyway.

Sure, i try to get better weapons but i wonīt break my leg for one.
Get what iīm saying? Play for fun.

Ecchi
Mar 29, 2009, 11:01 PM
fa la la la la la. Oh hey my gear sucks. Oh hey your gear sux oh hey lets be friends =D

EK Dynomite
Mar 29, 2009, 11:11 PM
hmm White knight? wasnt I in your room earlier and you begged me for money?

Juza
Mar 30, 2009, 01:16 AM
lookin like a random...

I guess the random parties I play with are the new l33t.

If you're in a party and high percentage, 10/10 weapons actually make any real difference in how fast things are dying, your party is made of epic fail. Something I can say I've yet to encounter in a random party.

Then again, I'm on the PC. :p

Tsavo
Mar 30, 2009, 01:25 AM
MR. T GON' BREAK YO WEAPONS FOO!!!!

Chuck_Norris
Mar 30, 2009, 01:30 AM
I don't see why everyone is so anal about a weapon being x/10...Okay, sure you can't get it to 10/10 if it's x/9 or something lower, but do you honestly think you could get it that high a grind? Unless you actually plan to grind those, don't get so pissy about it having a 9 on it's little stat box instead of a 10.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Mar 30, 2009, 02:04 AM

1 Does it really matter, everything dies quick enough
2 Is it any of your business, if it anoy's you that much leave the party and find/make another.

landman
Mar 30, 2009, 02:09 AM
I thoug my character's strench came from Photon Arts, I preffer a larger variety of weapons than a boring small set of grinded with good % weapons

hunterseifer
Mar 30, 2009, 02:10 AM
I don't see why everyone is so anal about a weapon being x/10...Okay, sure you can't get it to 10/10 if it's x/9 or something lower, but do you honestly think you could get it that high a grind? Unless you actually plan to grind those, don't get so pissy about it having a 9 on it's little stat box instead of a 10.

Amen, Even with 42%+ weps I dont grind higher than 5/10, unless its a repca.And if it breaks, meh.

WhiteKnight01
Mar 30, 2009, 02:26 AM
oh christ another whiteknight,

shadowsniper6
Mar 30, 2009, 03:15 AM
oh christ another whiteknight,
lol
Anyway
its funny when i see somebody with like 2 or 3 high% 9/9 or 9/10 weapons

Enigmatic
Mar 30, 2009, 11:39 AM
I have lots of meseta to spend on high %s, but I just don't care :) I use broken weapons cause I don't care. If I have a choice between a 2/9, or a 0/10, you should obviously get the 2/9, it's stronger. :-?

This, This right here. I never really grind S ranks, so I don't give a damn about the denominator of the grind, because I'll do more with an 8/8 then a 6/10, and if the 6/10 is more expensive, all the better for me. Sure, I do get shit for my battlestoppers being 8/8 and not 8/10, but considering that I wouldn't bother grinding it anyway, its money saved that I can use later.

Also, So what if a weapon is ~30% instead of 40+%? Almost always, the cost gap is so huge I don't see it being worth it.

Zyrusticae
Mar 30, 2009, 11:59 AM
I don't get the point of going for 9/9 or 10/10.

The odds of getting there without +10 grinders and megaholy luck are so astronomically tiny that it's simply not cost-effective at all. Hell, anything past 5/10 is simply not worth the money unless you're grinding a Repca or something similarly obscene (and again, the odds of breaking before getting that much-vaunted 10/10 is extremely high - up to around 80--90%, last I heard).

Of course if you have billions of meseta sitting around, you don't really have anything else to spend it on, but meh. Not worth the effort for me.

I'll stick with using my 40%+ 5/10 A-ranks for dealing damage, thank you very much.

Ruru
Mar 30, 2009, 12:12 PM
whats the point of this thread? lol the OP stated he's an idiot and never posted again.

anyway. most, if not all, my S ranks are grinded to 3,4,5,6 grinds only, and the only S ranks i have over 6 grinds are ones i bought since 90% of the time i break going over 3 or 4 anyway. i have alot of 3/9 4/8 S ranks and i see no problem with it.

also having weapons below 30%? why stop there if its such an issue? sure i like having 30-50% gear so i can live longer/kill faster, but if we're going to be elitist pigs then hell lets change the topic to "broken weapons below 10/10 and 50%" and just nuke the entire population of this game.

TekkamanCrazy
Mar 30, 2009, 02:22 PM

I still don't get how people can get so upset about another's gear. You should worry about your own and nobody else's.

Calsetes
Mar 30, 2009, 03:34 PM
I'm lucky if I have a weapon that's 30+. I think the only ones that are higher than 30% are a crea doubles I made (the ONLY one I made, that's how poor I am) and that came out as a 38% light or so, and there's an A-rank dagger I made that was 42% ice or so.

Yeah, sometimes it's a money thing, and if you're going to complain that someone's weapons aren't "up to snuff," then either help them out (give them money, a "crappy" weapon you don't need, or some tips), leave the party, or ignore them and keep doing what you're doing. Unless you help them out, they'll never be as "uber-leet" as you, so you really have no reason to complain about them not being as awesome as you. If you try to help them and they don't want it, then you can harass them.

But hey, that's just my thoughts. Although with this being a new account with one complaint post, I have a feeling it was made just to rant once and get it out of their system. That's cool.

Itchee
Mar 30, 2009, 04:09 PM
Being "uber l33t" in an easy ORPG is srs biznezz and having a pallet of maxed everythings in no way shows that you had nothing else better to do with your time.

DesignZ
Mar 30, 2009, 07:17 PM
i agree if u cant manage to get 30%+ unbroken weps your trash... its not hard to earn money on this dumb game

Konsuishi
Mar 30, 2009, 09:20 PM
I myself use an LKK so the grind and att isn't quite as important as the element. i have the good att no matter what weapon but i do alot more damage with a higher percent than with a lower. it's all how you look at it.

darkante
Mar 30, 2009, 10:44 PM
..sigh

Phantomface
Mar 31, 2009, 12:10 AM
From a statistics standpoint, a 6/6 weapon and a 6/10 weapon have identical stats. However, in my honest opinion the 6/6 is a better buy, even if they were priced equally. The 6/10 still has the chance to be grinded further, and i'm sure many of my fellow players would agree, to be BROKEN further. the 6/6 is, and will always be, 6/6 which in my opinion is a wise investment. (BTW this thread is being trolled really hard)

TekkamanCrazy
Mar 31, 2009, 12:23 AM
This thread is pretty much over.(lock up and throw away the key)

Warlock01
Mar 31, 2009, 04:39 PM
i agree if u cant manage to get 30%+ unbroken weps your trash... its not hard to earn money on this dumb game

your an idiot and will always be an idiot. why would you bother replying after 4 pages of people saying the op is a fool for his statement? knowning quite well you were going to get the same abuse over it?
keep your opinions to yourself. calling someone trash because they dont have weapons over 30%+ and unbroken is just evidence that your a child or a seriously underdeveloped adult.

I'm lucky if I have a weapon that's 30+.

im in the same boat. i have some decent weapons, e.g battelstoppers, germinus gun, but i dont bother trying to grind them and all my swords, blades etc are under 30% except for the rare 1 or 2 that are maybe 34% max.

it doesnt bother me the slightest as im happy playing the game at my own pace. i see no reason to go and get "a billion meseta pallete" it shows nothing apart from you spent serious amounts of money on it. just because someone plays the game 2 years more than i have, and has weapons 5 times more powerful doesnt make them a better player. no one is better than anyone at this game. being a player longer than someone else doesnt make you a better player.

From a statistics standpoint, a 6/6 weapon and a 6/10 weapon have identical stats. However, in my honest opinion the 6/6 is a better buy, even if they were priced equally. The 6/10 still has the chance to be grinded further, and i'm sure many of my fellow players would agree, to be BROKEN further. the 6/6 is, and will always be, 6/6 which in my opinion is a wise investment. (BTW this thread is being trolled really hard)

completly agree with you dude. id much prefer a 6/6. if i had a 6/10, id break it to a 4/4 or a 5/5 :p

ShonagarACE
Mar 31, 2009, 05:16 PM

So my posts get deleted but this fool can't even spell and his crap is still here?

Ruru
Mar 31, 2009, 06:13 PM
shonagar by looking at your post history, you're lucky you have a few deleted posts and not a permaban from these boards...

ShonagarACE
Mar 31, 2009, 06:40 PM
shonagar by looking at your post history, you're lucky you have a few deleted posts and not a permaban from these boards...

I suppose you're probably right. But I don't see how I'm much worse than the people I call out for insulting and belittling other players. :-?

Chuck_Norris
Mar 31, 2009, 07:34 PM
This thread didn't have that good a start in the first place...I'm surprized they didn't lock it yet.

Calsetes
Apr 1, 2009, 11:58 AM
Just because someone plays the game 2 years more than I have, and has weapons 5 times more powerful doesn't make them a better player. No one is better than anyone at this game. Being a player longer than someone else doesn't make you a better player.

Very true. I played since launch, and I don't view myself as better than anyone else (unless the guy I'm playing with talks a bigger game than he can put forth, and makes it a point to say that he is better than me. That's only happened once though, and I just kind of said "whatever" after he left). All these people say it's so easy to get money..... I say we start up a PSU Welfare group. I'll be the poster boy!

Swiftstrike
Apr 1, 2009, 12:13 PM

Not everyone spends their life on PSU.