PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest reality TV show on the face of the planet?

Fanatic72802
Feb 14, 2003, 03:49 AM
What is, in your opinion, the most rigged, trivial, dumbarsed, poopooheadedest Reality TV show ever?

CajunSamurai
Feb 14, 2003, 04:02 AM
I haven't even heard of half of those... I guess that's kinda similar to how I haven't heard of 9/10ths of these modern popular "recording artists", as they're often called... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Anyway, screw 'em all, it's one of the lowest forms of entertainment I can imagine. The Real World was never all that bad IMO, but come on... Survivor is just pathetic.

RAGE.

pixelate
Feb 14, 2003, 04:12 AM
Real World is full of skanks.

I think the worst has yet to come. The country music version of American Idol airs soon...

Mazarin
Feb 14, 2003, 04:29 AM
Isn't it funny how there's nothing real about reality shows?

Sunaj
Feb 14, 2003, 04:47 AM
On 2003-02-14 01:29, Mazarin wrote:
Isn't it funny how there's nothing real about reality shows?

Yep. Hiesenburg (jesus, thats a typo...) Uncertainty Principle states that you cannot obverse something without altering its natural state. (Damn Star Trek...) How people think that a group of 6 carefully chosen, focus group-ed people who know their on TV constitutes "real" ill never know. I find it funnier that people were getting upset at things like when, there was a scene in survivor that was staged for TV.

American Idol is god awful. Making fun of stupid things, people, singing, etc. is something a 4 year old is capable, and requires no inate talent or creativity. Simon is getting by on this whole "British people as dicks" thing that Anne uh...Richards(? robinson? you know, the Weakest Link chick.) did as well, and no one gives a rat ass about her either. I do love the accent though. And British people.

Kent
Feb 14, 2003, 05:52 AM
On 2003-02-14 01:12, pixelate wrote:
I think the worst has yet to come. The country music version of American Idol airs soon...

The world is coming to an end!

On 2003-02-14 01:47, Sunaj wrote:
Anne uh...Richards(? robinson? you know, the Weakest Link chick.)

You know she's a robot, right?

Abaddon
Feb 14, 2003, 07:01 AM
Popstars. Enough said.

RavenTW
Feb 14, 2003, 07:34 AM
Bridezillas was an RTV show? *shudders*

I personally like American Idol BECAUSE of Simon. critics are supposed to construe every little thing about a singer's performance. Simon does that, and then gives his opinion on it. And he's usually right (such as the guy who sung "Like a Virgin"?). Other than that, the winners of the singing RTV shows only last for a year or so (when have you seen another Destiny's Child album?), and it's kinda ironic that a runner-up in the first AI is going to co-star in Boston Public.

Oh by the way, you forgot to put down the Osbournes. It's the only true RTV show, and it sucks hard.

Cloud_01
Feb 14, 2003, 09:23 AM
I hate them all.

rena-ko
Feb 14, 2003, 10:18 AM
private-tv in its whole is sense- and thereby useless...

edit: damn... wasted my precious 600th post on this... ^_^;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-02-14 07:19 ]</font>

Fanatic72802
Feb 14, 2003, 12:05 PM
IMHO, the only good thing that was ever on TV is amine. Keep it coming, Adult Swim!

Nidarrock
Feb 14, 2003, 12:24 PM
Yes they all suck. But you forgot the lowest of the low. Sci-Lie's The Dream Team. You can tell this show sucks from the commercial.

BlackRose
Feb 14, 2003, 12:27 PM
What saddens me is not the fact that they're there, but that they're some of the most popular shows on television.

Ness
Feb 14, 2003, 04:38 PM
Everything after the original Survivor sucked

Deathscythealpha
Feb 14, 2003, 06:26 PM
Reallife tv = Big Piles of shite

Bah, ive had to put up with this crap for like 4 years on british tv. All it does is churn out second rate 'stars' who are in the papers and the such for about a year and then forgotten about.

Theyre also ruining the music industry. The winners of Pop Idol (the show Americain Idol was based on) have just been polluting the music industry ever since they first sung. Good songs are not getting the publicity they should cause this 'plastic pop' shit is all over the place. The producers know that gullible 8 year olds are going to be watching this, thinking that to become rich all you have to do is be on a tv show and not work hard for it, and are automatically going to go out and buy whatever crap they churn out. It makes me sick.

Bah, i hate Reality TV with a passion.

Hunter4life
Feb 20, 2003, 09:06 PM
I agree all reality shows suck, all except the first season of The Mole. Dude, that show rocked!!!

geewj
Feb 20, 2003, 09:08 PM
All reality TV sucks

Its worse than day time tv

ShieldDragon
Feb 20, 2003, 11:22 PM
They're all fake to some extent, but when I'm really bored I might end up watching a reality show. Why? It's funny seeing people act fake sometimes.

Chronos
Feb 20, 2003, 11:57 PM
I hate them all, and I hate you!

CajunSamurai
Feb 21, 2003, 06:50 AM
On 2003-02-20 20:22, ShieldDragon wrote:
They're all fake to some extent, but when I'm really bored I might end up watching a reality show. Why? It's funny seeing people act fake sometimes.

That's what Bang Bus is for! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Theyre also ruining the music industry. The winners of Pop Idol (the show Americain Idol was based on) have just been polluting the music industry ever since they first sung. Good songs are not getting the publicity they should cause this 'plastic pop' shit is all over the place. The producers know that gullible 8 year olds are going to be watching this, thinking that to become rich all you have to do is be on a tv show and not work hard for it, and are automatically going to go out and buy whatever crap they churn out. It makes me sick. THANK you, now I don't have to type it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Just seeing the commercials of "American Idol" makes me almost literally sick. Almost literally. The same can be said for almost every show on Fox though. Hmm.

KodiaX987
Feb 21, 2003, 08:31 AM
Star Academie is the worst reality show ever, for the following reasons:

1) It's a copy of American Idol.
2) In the daily 30-minute show, you get 20 minutes of ads and 10 minutes of footage.
3) It's done in a Big Brother style; everyone in a house full of cameras.
4) The rivalries suck. Hardcore.
5) You know a shitload of it is scripted.
6) All the girls look like Britney Spears.
7) All the boys look like Nick Carter.
8) Nearly all the shocking stuff "Will be revealed next week!"
9) Our province's prime minister decided to pop into the show just to look good to the guys who would even consider voting for him. "Hey, I am supporting dreams! Yipee!"
10) You know right off the bat that your future superstar will have as much success as Joe Millionaire: he'll end up a construction worker and make a measely 20,000$ a year.
11) All in all, it's like the Baby Sitters Club gone wrong.