PDA

View Full Version : GUARDIANS Cash - How Exactly does it work?

PACHI
Apr 1, 2009, 02:13 PM
Any insight on purchasing GUARDIANS Cash and what the limits are in "pay-to-grind" (100% success rate) and boosting elemental defense?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 1, 2009, 02:16 PM
It wasn't added yet; no one knows.

kejen
Apr 1, 2009, 02:24 PM
Hoped they scrapped that idea.

Many people here said they will leave, and I'm sure japan didn't like this idea either.

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 1, 2009, 02:51 PM
The answer is quite simple, just make any items modified using Guardians' Cash unable to be traded or sold in player stores. That way SEGA can benefit from players with deep pockets but the trade market will not be destroyed. They have done this with the Erdel/Ely weapons, so why not just add it to these items?

Libram
Apr 1, 2009, 04:01 PM
I still think people should get Guardian's Cash just for spending money at the billing site. That way everyone gets some money to use just through paying for a subscription, and anybody that REALLY wants to to spend extra has an option to do so.

WhiteKnight01
Apr 1, 2009, 04:03 PM
you wont be able to bring a weapon from 0 to 10 it will have a max number of times you can modify a weapon such as grinds and element

Inazuma
Apr 1, 2009, 05:12 PM
yeah, i really hope they just scrap the idea. psu seems much better right now. we dont need the cash shop to make everyone quit.

PACHI
Apr 1, 2009, 05:13 PM
yea... the idea is a bit scetchy to me too...

ShonagarACE
Apr 1, 2009, 09:57 PM
I think it's just weird for it to be put in a pay to play online game. Usually the sort of thing they do with free games.

Arika
Apr 1, 2009, 10:36 PM
They are waiting some people to say that "I will never get enough AP to customize my char like this!! bring me the cash shop"

and then they will gladly put it there :wacko:

Night SSc7
Apr 1, 2009, 10:45 PM
here's how it works:
Step 1, Pay moneys
Step 2, Get stuff
Step 3, Join party to show off
Step 4, Get booted
Step 5, Realize this is how it's going to be

darkante
Apr 1, 2009, 10:55 PM
I hope it doesn´t come here in our servers.
I mean, i have never seen that kind of thing in a Pay-to-Play game.
It doesn´t need to be in at all, if it were...i can guantee that almost all the regular updates that is really worth something only exist in that shop.

Vickie
Apr 1, 2009, 11:21 PM
they should do the cash shop, but on bought items and grinds or whatever let it be seen on that weapon that it was bought have the weapon text in gold or something, that way when people start with the " My palette is better than your noob" shit, u can call em out on theyre Gold texted weapons haha

ShonagarACE
Apr 1, 2009, 11:24 PM
here's how it works on 360:
Step 1, Pay moneys
Step 2, Get stuff
Step 3, Join party to show off
Step 4, Get booted
Step 5, Realize this is how it's going to be

Fixed. Booting is not an issue on PC/PS2. But I agree with having some sort of visual indication that a player used this method.

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 1, 2009, 11:26 PM
they should do the cash shop, but on bought items and grinds or whatever let it be seen on that weapon that it was bought have the weapon text in gold or something, that way when people start with the " My palette is better than your noob" shit, u can call em out on theyre Gold texted weapons haha

It would destroy the economy if they are allowed to sell/trade these 'upgraded' items.

ShonagarACE
Apr 1, 2009, 11:27 PM
It would destroy the economy if they are allowed to sell/trade them.

It would have the same effect as buying meseta on eBay.

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 1, 2009, 11:30 PM
It would have the same effect as buying meseta on eBay.

The difference is that SEGA does not promote the selling of meseta on eBay and if caught you will be banned, while SEGA would support Guardians Cash. Sure, both have the same end result, but one would not be against the T.O.S. And technically selling meseta does not ruin the economy as no extra meseta is added to the market. It simply allows a player that would otherwise not have much meseta to quickly acquire more. The Guardians Cash would ruin the economy unless SEGA prevents players that use Guardians Cash from selling/trading these items.

Vickie
Apr 1, 2009, 11:32 PM
id rather have the money they spend go to Sega instead of random people tho, sega might have more money to put towards makin the game better

Lockon Stratos
Apr 2, 2009, 01:04 AM
the economy is already fucked enough without this, the economy is meseta based when it should be item based i.e weapons and shields etc.

dragoon-girl
Apr 2, 2009, 04:08 AM
the economy is already fucked enough without this, the economy is meseta based when it should be item based i.e weapons and shields etc.

>.>; I personally feel it's better Meseta based..

Yunfa
Apr 2, 2009, 04:22 AM
1) SEGA has already crunched down on ebay in auctioning off meseta. You will get zero results.

2) If you're party leader or with friends, how will you get booted? The world's a big place ya know.

3) I would gladly spend a few hundred on Guardians Cash if it comes around. Why not, it's supporting SEGA which in turns, makes Phantasy Star franchise. Think of it as a future investment in SEGA. A win win situation here. Also, it's my money, and I will choose to do whatever the hell I want with it. Just because you don't have the money does not mean you're entitled to enforce your own ideals to other players. So what if us hardcore players suddenly have more competition? It's a game, we're suppose to enjoy it, rather than being over competitive about our "E" Pen1ses. I'm sure many players will look down on newbies getting good gears all through money, and get jealous and even angry over it. It's a shame how much of us take pride in our egos.

But hey, its money, it's meant to be spent on gains, whether in real life or in a video game. If you don't like it, hey what can I say, life's unfair, get used to it.

On the other hand, we should really appreciate, I mean look at Oliver Hudson, he lost $10,000 in a matter of 90 seconds on his FIRST hand in Poker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OYwPGMaqMc

Itchee
Apr 2, 2009, 07:35 AM
Hmm....
I would be willing to support this if Sega does indeed implement a system to lock items adjusted with real money to keep them from being sold, just as Heiro suggested.
Personally, I feel the grinding system to be the single most annoying and frustrating aspect of the game...Id be willing to drop $5 here or $10 there in order to help buffer my time investment.
Theres nothing more infuriating for me than spending x-number or hours either searching for a drop or rounding up meseta and/or materials to obtain a nice weapon...only to have it break on the 3rd or 4th grind while using S+10s with maxed luck. Some of you are willing to run with -/9s or -/8s, great. To me thats like dropping a brand new iPhone and getting a shiny new scratch across the front of it. If I can keep that to a bare minimum, thats worth the few bucks i'd spend....

shadowsniper6
Apr 2, 2009, 11:33 AM
lol @ gold lettered "C" ranks