PDA

View Full Version : Racism...Again

Delete
Apr 1, 2009, 11:11 PM
Let me start with this, I know there is another topic like this out, I couldn't find it though.

There is 2 things I hate in life more than everything else in the world.
1.Racism
So Im on youtube (i know, im asking for it) and I see a comment in the video that reads... something really racists to black people. I myself am missed with alot of things from black,white, and stuff that I cant even remember, or spell. But, my overall skin tone is a light brownish, so im more black then white.

Anyway, It pisses me off sooo much when they have to leave a really racist comment usually involving the "N" word. What gets me even madder is that people start to agree and before ya know it, you got 5 racists punks dropping "N" bombs in ways never imagined. I know the whole "BE MATURE" thing, but its not always easy. I just want your opinions/views... again.... on this problem that will never be solved.

Oh and my second thing i hate is those darn youtube messages you need to type when you type too much..they can be really annoying sometimes.

Ps: I will add to this tomorrow, got a game to finish.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 1, 2009, 11:14 PM
They're 13. Get over it.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 1, 2009, 11:27 PM
They're 13. Get over it.

He speaks the truth. The only reason they say it there is because they can get away with it. Not one of them would have the balls to say it to a black person's face. (Except for the occasional fanatic.)

Zyrusticae
Apr 1, 2009, 11:57 PM
Kids will be kids...

It is indeed rather dehumanizing, but what can you do? 'Tis the nature of the internet. Anonymity allows them to do stupid BS they wouldn't otherwise do under threat of crippling injury and/or death.

Inazuma
Apr 2, 2009, 06:39 PM
most people are idiots. dont be too surprised.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 2, 2009, 09:24 PM
I like how I ended the thread 3 posts back. :wacko:

Gryzz
Apr 2, 2009, 10:59 PM
Youtube is the lizard brain of the internet and It wasn't until I was out of my teen years that I was even capable of ignoring the ignorance. Honestly, at least for me, it was a slow crawl away towards apathy.Wish you luck!

Mysterious-G
Apr 3, 2009, 06:39 AM
I will never understand one thing:

White Person: "Yo, N[...]!"

Black Person: "Never call me that again, you f*cking azzhole!"

-----

Black Person 1: "Yo, N[...]!"

Black Perspn 2: "Hey! Long time no see, N[...]!"

Skin color will always bean issue if the black(!) people keep calling themselves by that one N word. It is not their fault that they are treated seperated, and they totally do not deserve it, but heck, stop calling yourself by that word already - you make an issue of your skin color yourself by doing so.
If you do the others (the white people) will never stop making an issue out of it.
Before others will start to seperate you, stop fitting into that role.

But even if we work on it, there will always be racism. As long as there are prejudges, there is racism. And there will always be prejudges.
What we can do is try to ensure that there is not so much racism that it would be as bad as it is now.

I live in Germany. Racism against black people is no deal at all here. So if my opinion seems off to you, that might be the reason. I do not know.

About Youtube:

1. Never read the comments if avoidable;

2. Do not waste a single second of thoughts about a comment you did read and did not like;

3. Never reply a message. You just make an idiot out of yourself, aswell.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1069/listentoyourself.png

Nitro Vordex
Apr 3, 2009, 07:43 AM
Personally, I prefer the air find that the Youtube comments can be a great source of amusement.

Solstis
Apr 3, 2009, 08:41 AM
Never-mind, I'm apparently very cranky when I first wake up.

Kylie
Apr 3, 2009, 12:30 PM
It's not just you or black people. I get on Youtube all the time and see stuff that's insulting to women, fans of something, whatever; but I just ignore all that crap. They want to offend, so why give them what they want?

Kent
Apr 3, 2009, 12:43 PM

-----

I've always found this funny. It's the ultimate hypocrisy:

By this logic, anyone who calls me a cracker or honky or whatever the hell the current "buzzword" for people who look white is should be condemned as racists bastards who have no right to think of their own existence as anything valuable.

Kinda like how people considered white are supposed to feel, should they use racist terms toward anyone else.

Of course, there's always the argument that there's a difference between ending the word in -a than there is in ending the word with -er, in which case, why should someone be flogged because they don't share the same haste in speech as someone else?

If this is the case, I propose that the two endings have their respective meanings/implications switched in the case of "cracker" - so that cracker refers to saltines and the like and is an acceptable thing to say, while cracka is wholly racist and offensive.

Delete
Apr 5, 2009, 10:31 PM
In my defense, i do not ever use the N word, but, most black people i know do use it in every sentence. Some times they amaze me by using it more than 3 or 4 times in one sentence. Amazing. Oh and i was gonna type more on the topic, but i kinda said screw it,lol.

Sayara
Apr 5, 2009, 10:47 PM
Food for thought, Black Heritage Month is in Feburary, the shortest month of the year.

Not a sermon, just a thought.

R3volver
Apr 6, 2009, 07:55 AM
dont associate yourself around self destructive people.

UnderscoreX
Apr 7, 2009, 10:20 AM

-----

It's like, if my friend walked up to me and said "What's up, bitch ?" I would be okay with it, since he's my friend.

But if a random guy walked up to me on the street and said "Do you have the time, bitch ?" it would not be so okay.

As for the topic itself. Grow up. Seriously.

Also that analogy was pretty much a joke, don't take it too seriously..

Kylie
Apr 7, 2009, 02:22 PM
The n-word is just a word to me (I don't use it-- I can't even form it). If someone uses it to offend you on purpose, kick their ass, but I've noticed that a lot of people say it just to make fun of the double standard. It is a double standard. I don't get how anyone could want to be equals, and then pull out this, "You can't say that because you're white." I think a lot of people are racist on both sides, and those people need to learn that we're all the same on the inside.

As for the trolls (on Youtube), again, don't feed them.

DreXxiN
Apr 8, 2009, 03:47 PM
Fully agree with Kylie's post, the ultimate solution to showing the offender that you are the bigger and more mature person when they say a demoralizing word for an African American would be to beat the shit out of them. Martin Luther King would be proud.

BlaizeYES
Apr 8, 2009, 04:05 PM
once i used a name that had the words "hey zues" in it, the spanish pronounciation of "jesus", and ending with the last name "bendez." i made a non-threatening 3 word response to a discussion board, just to see what would happen, and i was called "spic," "dirty mexican," and about 300 other nicknames almost immediately online. i'm not even spanish, but it was a fun experiment

TheOneHero
Apr 8, 2009, 04:07 PM
Judge Mathis says, "Nigga is empowerment to blacks, while nigger isn't."

Guess he means, "er" is offensive because that's the "dirty" term, while "a" is more of, "we're above this" or something. I don't know, it's been awhile since I've watched him on break. :wacko:

As for African Americans, what's the deal with that? I've always been a little bothered how people say, "Call blacks, African Americans." Considering so many of them aren't from African descent at all, it seems rushed and ignorant to call them that. But then, people get upset when you just call blacks...blacks.

Maybe I'll just continue to stick with "people"....

Kent
Apr 8, 2009, 04:24 PM
Maybe I'll just continue to stick with "people"....
Unfortunately, those prone to misconstruing things into matters of race will take the word "people" find a reason that it's offensive, no matter how you use it. :/

Solstis
Apr 10, 2009, 07:35 AM
As for African Americans, what's the deal with that? I've always been a little bothered how people say, "Call blacks, African Americans." Considering so many of them aren't from African descent at all, it seems rushed and ignorant to call them that. But then, people get upset when you just call blacks...blacks.

Were they black? I've found that white people find the word "black" more offensive than black people do.

As in, black people tend not to find it offensive at all (unless they're just being jerks).

BlaizeYES
Apr 10, 2009, 11:48 AM
how about just "american" instead of "african american," nobody calls a white guy "european american." and people just like to be offended anyway, so who gives a shit. and isnt trying to appear "sensitive" to an issue like racism(like using politically correct terms) a little patronizing?

TheOneHero
Apr 10, 2009, 12:52 PM
Were they black? I've found that white people find the word "black" more offensive than black people do.

As in, black people tend not to find it offensive at all (unless they're just being jerks).

Some of them were, but in most cases they weren't black. (Once, myself and a few other co-workers got called racist jerks and reported to a manager when talking about what's the most polite thing to call someone. :lol: )

Kent: Too true. :nono:

AC9breaker
Apr 10, 2009, 04:53 PM
Unfortunately, those prone to misconstruing things into matters of race will take the word "people" find a reason that it's offensive, no matter how you use it. :/

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PEOPLE!?

http://blog.newsok.com/staticblog/files/2008/08/tropicthunder3.jpg

Delete
Apr 11, 2009, 12:21 AM
Ac9breaker, That made my day. :lol: ^

Also to add though, someone said to grow up (forgot name), well sorry, but Racism will always be a problem, you can choose to ignore it or acept it.
Pretty much summed up the whole topic right there.

Shinko
Apr 13, 2009, 10:14 AM

-----

Ok I had to comment on this. I'm a black person myself. I don't use the n word really but there are time were it slip or I say it at times.

The reason for this is if your around a lot of people who say it then after awhile you'll start saying it with out realizing it. (this don't apply to all ppl) That's with any word or quote. If you around people who say so or like all the time, you might start saying it yourself a lot without realizing it.

So seeing when young black kids grow up hearing the word all the time by others then most likely when they grow up they use it too. Now i'm not sure how it all started with making the n-word a positive word but it something that not going to be easy to stop using (though it isn't that hard for me but for others it maybe)

The reason why black don't like whites to say it because it a word they used to call blacks when slaves was around and it was a was disrespectfully word.

And as for white people saying it. Well there 3 reason why a white person would say it.

1. He racist and don't like black people
2. He grow up around black people so just like black people he heard it a lot and now it's a habit
3. It's a taboo word. Any thing that's taboo people is going to want to use or say just because you're not suppose too. It's like a button that say don't push. Many people going to think i want to know what's going to happen if i do push it.

If a white person use the n-word I don't get mad about it at all because one if he/she is racist then why should i give him/her the satisfaction of knowing he/she made me mad with just a single word... oh hell know. It's now worth my time and I ignore it. If he's not racist and just use it then so what black people use it so hey if they use it too it just don't bother me like it bother other black people.

However if i was white I would avoid from using it just to be on the safe side or at least not when other black people are around because most black people aren't as passive about it as I am xD

raikomaru40
Apr 13, 2009, 10:34 AM
That's why we whiteys have to turn 'cracker' into a white-only word. ^.^ No, not really, I personally don't believe that any word should be considered inappropriate, racial or otherwise. If you get pissed off at a word, regardless of the intentions, you have other problems (I'm talking to you, world-against-swearing)........

Volcompat321
Apr 13, 2009, 04:46 PM
im a whitey but- i get made fun of cause im a "nigger lover".....and i put that in quotes cause ive actually been called that.....is it my fault i find black women OVER white women more attreactive? I've only been with 1 white woman my whole life...although im only 20, but still.......i hate racism cause it effects everyone...and what makes it worse, my best friend is one of those racist, but not so racist people....which means, he will drop the N bomb and make fun of the way "they" speak in typical "black movies" (we were watching Menace II Sosiety for example) and i cant stand to hear him say those things....We've been friends for over 10 years...thats a long time!

we're all the same on the inside.

"its all pink in the middle"

Lance813
Apr 13, 2009, 11:27 PM
"its all pink in the middle"

No comment, I'd rather not get banned.

Scejntjynahl
Apr 13, 2009, 11:35 PM
RE5 is racist :o

Racism will always be a part of society as long as we always shun those who are different than us.

Lance813
Apr 13, 2009, 11:43 PM
Most people don't get the idea of ethnocentrism. I don't judge people i judge personalities based on how they behave. It doesn't matter what they look like to me, if they are jerks I hate them all the same.

Hah. If only the world could learn to hate a different way. :wacko:

Kadajenova
Apr 17, 2009, 06:21 AM
you know, some blacks hate whites, and they're not called racists. Racism is not only white who hate black.

Vanzazikon
Apr 17, 2009, 02:09 PM
Yes it's called "Reverse-Discrimination" :wacko:

Anyhoo, going to "Racism is not only white hate black" Yes, it's a known fact, we all know ethnicities struggle with each other, white hate blacks, blacks hate whites, France hates Germany, dogs hate cats, giants hate elves, etc. If someone does any "racist" action, there's no need to call him/her one.

Kent
Apr 17, 2009, 04:30 PM
RE5 is racist :o
It's not racist in and of itself - however, it does a great job of exposing racism in the people that look for reasons to deem it as such.

Vanzazikon
Apr 17, 2009, 05:19 PM
It's not racist in and of itself - however, it does a great job of exposing racism in the people that look for reasons to deem it as such.That was Capcom's purpose? Clever. :wacko:

Rasputin
Apr 17, 2009, 07:10 PM
I loooooooooooooooove black people (I just can't see them at night!).

Mystil
Apr 18, 2009, 09:53 AM
Problem is..the "thugs" and real "N"'s make it bad for the good black people.

KodiaX987
Apr 18, 2009, 12:31 PM
Just like trailer trash and rednecks make it bad for the white ones. :wacko:

AC9breaker
Apr 18, 2009, 10:15 PM
Or how gilfarmers, RMT'ers, and Starcraft players make it bad for asians!

Airalean
Apr 18, 2009, 11:33 PM
blacks

whites
I Took My Baby
On A Saturday Bang
Boy Is That Girl With You
Yes We're One And The Same

Now I Believe In Miracles
And A Miracle
Has Happened Tonight

But, If
You're Thinkin'
About My Baby
It Don't Matter If You're
Black Or White

They Print My Message
In The Saturday Sun
I Had To Tell Them
I Ain't Second To None

And I Told About Equality
An It's True
Either You're Wrong
Or You're Right

But, If
You're Thinkin'
About My Baby
Black Or White

I Am Tired Of This Devil
I Am Tired Of This Stuff
I Am Tired Of This Business
Sew When The
Going Gets Rough
I Ain't Scared Of
Your Brother
I Ain't Scared Of No Sheets
I Ain't Scare Of Nobody
Girl When The
Goin' Gets Mean

Protection
For Gangs, Clubs
And Nations
Causing Grief In
Human Relations
It's A Turf War
On A Global Scale
I'd Rather Hear Both Sides
Of The Tale
See, It's Not About Races
Just Places
Faces
Where Your Blood
Comes From
Is Where Your Space Is
I've Seen The Bright
Get Duller
I'm Not Going To Spend
My Life Being A Color

Don't Tell Me You Agree With Me
When I Saw You Kicking Dirt In My Eye

But, If
You're Thinkin' About My Baby
It Don't Matter If You're Black Or White

I Said If
You're Thinkin' Of
Being My Baby
It Don't Matter If You're Black Or White

I Said If
You're Thinkin' Of
Being My Brother
Black Or White

Ooh, Ooh
Yea, Yea, Yea Now
Ooh, Ooh
Yea, Yea, Yea Now

It's Black, It's White
It's Tough For You
To Get By
It's Black , It's White, Whoo

It's Black, It's White
It's Tough For You
To Get By
It's Black , It's White, Whoo

Nitro Vordex
Apr 18, 2009, 11:35 PM
Or how gilfarmers, RMT'ers, and Starcraft players make it bad for asians!
I thought really small bodies Asians made it bad for Asians.

Mystil
Apr 19, 2009, 08:56 AM
I loooooooooooooooove black people (I just can't see them at night!).

..And this post made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside @_@.

But you can see me at night..well slightly.

Rasputin
Apr 22, 2009, 05:35 PM
..And this post made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside @_@.

But you can see me at night..well slightly.

Only when you smile.

Sayara
Apr 23, 2009, 10:23 PM
I feel that this thread has met its final end.

Locked.