PDA

View Full Version : Dumb things you have done in PSU?

that cast named kai
Apr 2, 2009, 07:42 PM
heh

like the title says, post the dumbest action you have done in this game.

I guess I will start it off since I am the OP

the dumbest thing I did was give away an Armas line board for free to random guy I was doing a mission with during the parum GBR after all the rollbacks. ^^;

not sure why even, I guess looking back it was an odd mix of being a nice guy/trying to stop him from whining due me getting all the rares or something.

I wonder if any one can top me on that

RubyEclipse
Apr 2, 2009, 10:14 PM
Sounds more selfless than dumb; honestly I'd say that's pretty commendable. :)

that cast named kai
Apr 2, 2009, 11:16 PM
really,

i think the thing was i did not realize that they were going for 45-50 mil at the time, i though would have been out 8-10 at the most (either way, i tend to be strapped for cash in the game ^^; )

oh well

Zyrusticae
Apr 3, 2009, 12:07 AM
Sign up for an in-game competition when I'd only been in the game for less than a month.

Yeah, that ended well...

The Overlord
Apr 3, 2009, 12:39 AM
Probally hang out on the 4th floor.

Tulio07
Apr 3, 2009, 12:44 AM
Tried to make my friend leader in a full party and accidentally booted him.

hunterseifer
Apr 3, 2009, 12:50 AM
Run two days straight and trying a 3rd day for solid knight even though STD(super true darkness, thats what i call it) is around the corner, apparently gonna drop them like candy, btw still havent found one T_T

Neoptolemus
Apr 3, 2009, 01:03 AM
I hunted quite a bit for the elusive Love Inferno again this year, putting off stuff I really need to do for work. Didn't find the Inferno, and now am behind on my work. Wait, what am I doing here?!

Yueri
Apr 3, 2009, 01:10 AM
Hunting a Degahna Cannon in S2 Grove of Fantatics.
So much time I wasted there...

ARASHIKAGE
Apr 3, 2009, 01:24 AM
I had a Cati / Force S equiped on my hunter once...

biggabertha
Apr 3, 2009, 01:25 AM
Complaining to everyone I knew about how Protransers were rubbish yet adamantly still played as one.

Then we got EX traps and ATP boosts and I STILL complain.

I'm a Gunmaster now and I STILL complain.

I'd say complaining is my dumbest thing... >.<!

WHlTEKNIGHT
Apr 3, 2009, 01:28 AM
subscribing for the first time and coming back after I "quit"

darkante
Apr 3, 2009, 04:52 AM
Hunting for Love Inferno. I knew it were gonna be a fruitless hunt as i experienced that last year, but still i were determined that lady luck were with me this time...so werenīt the case.

darthplagis
Apr 3, 2009, 06:24 AM
expecting western updates is about the dumbest thing ive ever done......

oh and getting banned for the grinder glitch...... am i the ONLY one still banned?? all my friends that got banned got back on :( ah well not to worry, new account is going well :)

dexter_safe
Apr 3, 2009, 06:47 AM
not hunting for jaggo on last day of white day i guess >.>

Sir_Satyr
Apr 3, 2009, 07:31 AM
Drop trading in the mission when I was still new to the game. Yep, I'll 'fess up to it. I was stupid. Learned my lesson real quick once ended up in the lobby with nothing to show fo the trade. I have NEVER again traded just a random person through the trade window or droppped anything other than healing items in a mission again. This was also back before the expansion, so for a level 20 character playing alone, money was hard to get.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me!

Magician
Apr 3, 2009, 07:33 AM
Constantly maxing out photon arts, only to delete them, purchase them again and level them...again.

Pyrii
Apr 3, 2009, 08:28 AM
Signing up for the EU/US server which seems to be hosted on the moon for the latency I'm getting.

Kismet
Apr 3, 2009, 10:01 AM
Um, changing my fortune when I had max luck because I forgot...

And I recently came back to PSU (because I thought I was quitting for good), but I gave a friend all my money. That was pretty stupid (then again, I thought I wasn't coming back). It wasn't much, considering PSU's economy, but for ME it was a lot. I can earn it all back but I'm lazy, so it's gonna take a long time and a lot of WB spamming.

However, I was smart enough to only give away a Blackheart (and I also spread a tiny bit of money over my other characters, phew!). The rest of my rares I kept, luckily! :)

necman
Apr 3, 2009, 10:09 AM
I picked a name so stupid I never thought no one else would take it. Then I started getting booted and called hacker for joining parties I was blacklisted from. Except it was another cast with the same name and not me. And for some reason once daily(at least when I play) I go to room instead of restoring pp for weapons.

pinkace
Apr 3, 2009, 10:21 AM
No one can beat mine....

Early on in the game I did not know what PA fragments were for... so I fed them to my PM! wasted about 50 that way.

darkante
Apr 3, 2009, 10:24 AM
Constantly maxing out photon arts, only to delete them, purchase them again and level them...again.

Ouch? Thatīs wacked.

Alnet
Apr 3, 2009, 10:32 AM
Hunting a Degahna Cannon in S2 Grove of Fantatics.
So much time I wasted there...
Same thing for me. Ohman, I was pissed when I found out the truth.

That, and maybe buying an S-rank weapon back in v1. They couldn't be grinded, their stats weren't much better than A-ranks, and they were ludicrously expensive. I just wanted to look cool...

fay
Apr 3, 2009, 10:39 AM
spending hours upon hours upon hours (talking like over 1000 here) trying to find a psycho wands board. still never found it. the thing that got me is even if i did find it now i could get 20 mil max for it. if i spend those 1000+ hours on something else id have got it multiple times probably and made a LOT more

Sinue_v2
Apr 3, 2009, 11:37 AM
I had the bright idea of canceling my account until MAG, then renew for the festival. Normally a decent strategy for most online games you only play semi-regularly. Not so with Sega, apparently.

Elyruin
Apr 3, 2009, 11:55 AM
I bought a 2/2 psycho wand and a 3/3 rattlesnake! I didnt know to much at the time. Know I buy rattlesnacs atleast 0/10. Anything I buy from now on isnt going to be broken! lol.

BloodDragoon
Apr 3, 2009, 12:13 PM
I remade my newman FT and forgot to pull all the techs off it...

x_seraph_x
Apr 3, 2009, 12:24 PM
Played about a dozen Dark Satellite and SEED Awakened runs and was wondering way i was getting my ass handed to me ( i was lv. 140 on S2 ). Soon realized I had a 28% :light: Serafi-senba equipped.......

Mura-0079
Apr 3, 2009, 12:29 PM
probably hoard SUVs/nanoblasts until someone kills me or I complete the mission, never using them

Mura-0079
Apr 3, 2009, 12:33 PM
ah, a better one. in PS:P i was wondering why i never recieved any of the title rewards, despite having earned most of them. a couple times i even went to "rewards" once or twice and wondered why they had such an absolutely useless section... then i hit x by mistake.
so that's where i get the fucking goggles from

HEAVEN PUNISHER
Apr 3, 2009, 12:43 PM
I traded a 6/6 SN/G with a 50% 0/10 mugunrukUC cuz I thought it was a mugunruk :nerd:
And could not know if the guy that gave it to me said it was a kubara one or not cuz I just logged out to change char and I lost all his mails
That's the biggest waste of meseta I' ve ever had, like 40m.

However....

that's ABSURD O_O

Noblewine
Apr 3, 2009, 01:57 PM
Accidentally feeding my Neudaiz Transfer Pass to my PM
Putting Rare mats in the donation box to try and get Meiri disc.

KANE1234
Apr 3, 2009, 06:18 PM
when motherbrain first came out i gave a castest line away for free 2 a whining bastard child then i got a grand cross later that day and was soooo happy^^;....until i sold it to the NPC Lmao also when i was newb some fag sold me some traps 4 like 2000meseta each and the sad part is i sorta knew they were traps haha:-D

Morganna
Apr 3, 2009, 06:19 PM
Deleted all my characters to make a 'fresh start.'

Tetsaru
Apr 3, 2009, 06:32 PM
I remember carrying multiple SUV units on me once Sturm Attacker came out, and I accidentally NPC'd it when I thought I was on my inventory screen to re-equip it. Even though it only costs around 200K-ish, I was too broke at the time to afford a new one for a while... <_>

GreenArcher
Apr 3, 2009, 07:07 PM
I remade my newman FT and forgot to pull all the techs off it...

I did the same exact thing. FT/AT, I had all buffs/debuffs/heals/reverser at or very close to 40...hell no am I ever leveling that stuff again.

TekkamanCrazy
Apr 3, 2009, 09:29 PM
I asked a GM questions that obviously weren't going to be answered. The questions weren't stupid at the least.

Swiftstrike
Apr 3, 2009, 10:10 PM
Started this game.

Volcompat321
Apr 3, 2009, 10:50 PM
biggest mistake i made.....trusting people, real "friends" with my password. This "friend" "hacked" my account, luckily he felt bad about doing it, and didnt change, delete, or take anything from it....he just left the pw different so i couldnt get on.....and OF COURSE i forgot my pw to my email linked to my account, BUT luckily sega did its job and got my shyt back ASAP!!!(within a week).....oh and i deleted Gidiga multiple times, cause i hate 31+ gidiga....so i get it to 30 then delete it, and level a new one...im on # 4 already...wouldnt say its stupid...i just dont like it lol.

darkante
Apr 4, 2009, 12:09 AM
biggest mistake i made.....trusting people, real "friends" with my password. This "friend" "hacked" my account, luckily he felt bad about doing it, and didnt change, delete, or take anything from it....he just left the pw different so i couldnt get on.....and OF COURSE i forgot my pw to my email linked to my account, BUT luckily sega did its job and got my shyt back ASAP!!!(within a week).....oh and i deleted Gidiga multiple times, cause i hate 31+ gidiga....so i get it to 30 then delete it, and level a new one...im on # 4 already...wouldnt say its stupid...i just dont like it lol.

Uhm..donīt Acrotecher get only lv 30 techniques level?
That might help your "hate" problem.

Warpath
Apr 4, 2009, 12:42 AM
Um, changing my fortune when I had max luck because I forgot...

And I recently came back to PSU (because I thought I was quitting for good), but I gave a friend all my money. That was pretty stupid (then again, I thought I wasn't coming back). It wasn't much, considering PSU's economy, but for ME it was a lot. I can earn it all back but I'm lazy, so it's gonna take a long time and a lot of WB spamming.

However, I was smart enough to only give away a Blackheart (and I also spread a tiny bit of money over my other characters, phew!). The rest of my rares I kept, luckily! :)

my Wife and I just came back too and we left our stuff in a friends room well he quit while we were gone so we lost our stuff including a SPF set and 7 formal dresses and 5 mikunas sets amd 2 Amrosso sets not including alot of weapons so yeah we kinda feel you on that lol its hard as hell getting all the stuff back we lost but were working at it

Volcompat321
Apr 4, 2009, 12:50 AM
Uhm..donīt Acrotecher get only lv 30 techniques level?
That might help your "hate" problem.

gidiga 31+ is the only 31+ spell i hate...so its not exactly worth going AT for 1 spell...

darkante
Apr 4, 2009, 01:01 AM
gidiga 31+ is the only 31+ spell i hate...so its not exactly worth going AT for 1 spell...

Ok. It just seems pointless to re-level it infinitively, IMO. I would just avoid it all together then.

Volcompat321
Apr 4, 2009, 01:34 AM
Ok. It just seems pointless to re-level it infinitively, IMO. I would just avoid it all together then.

i thought about avoiding that spell...but i like it. and it IS pretty strong as a gi spell. I love the way it looks....til 31 that is.

Zarode
Apr 4, 2009, 02:19 AM
I deleted a character that I remade into the same damn thing he was...

Paradox E09
Apr 4, 2009, 07:25 PM
when I was new at the game and just starting out I fell for that stupid money glitch....-_-

Aries2384
Apr 4, 2009, 09:30 PM
Hmm, lets see.. stupidest thing I ever did? Convince myself to keep paying for this game. Seriously though.. Ah.. WAY back when before the seabed days. I had a 9x ground Vulcan that i loved the shit out of. I was halfway asleep one evening and sold it to the npc when I went to fill up on mates and shit. Yeah.. I was mad.

Angry_Ryudo
Apr 4, 2009, 09:46 PM
NOT MINE! It's just that i lol'd when my friend told me:

(s)he asked some female beast where did she buy that awesome clothing.

that female beast was LAIA MARTINEZ and it was a Story mission

HyperShot-X-
Apr 4, 2009, 11:09 PM
once seeing a lookalike char named Ethan Waber in lobby and thinking for a sec how in the world that guy hacked NPC char or maybe it was a GM playing as a NPC..-_- I even saw Karen Erra lookalike during the winter Carnival i swear she looked surprisingly just like the real one. You know they shouldn't fool innocent ppl like that..those evil imposters, urghh D: I'm afraid some1 might do Vol Bros next, it's a scary thought :eek:

ashley50
Apr 4, 2009, 11:13 PM
I deleted a character that I remade into the same damn thing he was...

I did the same thing...but thrice.

Arika
Apr 4, 2009, 11:43 PM
I did the same thing...but thrice.

..so you finally realize it now? :p

HyperShot-X-
Apr 5, 2009, 12:10 AM
what dumb things have you ever done in PSU, Arika? be honest.

Erkthemerc
Apr 5, 2009, 12:24 AM
Made my first char a female cast guntecher before the fix to it... now I see my error, it was fun but then I made a male cast and she remains un-played.

Aries2384
Apr 5, 2009, 01:00 AM
NOT MINE! It's just that i lol'd when my friend told me:

(s)he asked some female beast where did she buy that awesome clothing.

that female beast was LAIA MARTINEZ and it was a Story mission

Same as above, it wasn't me but I had a random guy join my pt and after a few minutes in they asked one "Hyuga" how he got to lvl 153. "How did you get past the lvl cap? Did they raise it?!"
/facepalm

Genoa
Apr 5, 2009, 02:41 AM
Saw a Psycho for 4 mil, checked my chars current money, had about 3 something, was like :< oh well.
Went to common box later and found 3 more mil. Took it and ran to shop, as I was there, the owner was there and goes "phew, accidentally had my psycho at 4 mil instead of 40.
........... :<
If only I had checked my common box sooner :/
I would have been an ass though ;D but an ass with a cheap Psycho ;O

darkante
Apr 5, 2009, 03:49 AM
Saw a Psycho for 4 mil, checked my chars current money, had about 3 something, was like :< oh well.
Went to common box later and found 3 more mil. Took it and ran to shop, as I was there, the owner was there and goes "phew, accidentally had my psycho at 4 mil instead of 40.
........... :<
If only I had checked my common box sooner :/
I would have been an ass though ;D but an ass with a cheap Psycho ;O

All is fair in looks and war.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 5, 2009, 07:15 AM
All is fair in looks and war.
True, but it doesn't stop you from being an ass.

darkante
Apr 5, 2009, 10:13 AM
True, but it doesn't stop you from being an ass.

Hey, iīm neutral here. Iīm not the one who "almost" did the deed.
But iīm sorry if i come off as something else.

Arika
Apr 5, 2009, 10:59 AM
what dumb things have you ever done in PSU, Arika? be honest.

I really can't think of it atm, because I always know everything ahead about psu from wiki.. hmm... still can't think.

ashley50
Apr 5, 2009, 11:12 AM

hmmm maybe.

I did a lot of remakes afterall...and the chars I have now will stay as they are till servers die.

sovalou
Apr 5, 2009, 12:20 PM
Leveling Single Handguns to 40.

Had to have the most useless feeling ever after doing so. -_-

cApNhOwDy
Apr 5, 2009, 12:28 PM
Played PSU.

HyperShot-X-
Apr 5, 2009, 12:56 PM
I really can't think of it atm, because I always know everything ahead about psu from wiki.. hmm... still can't think.
you can't think of any maybe because you don't want to remember any regardless of how trivial they are, no human being is perfect unless you're a fairy...a fairy, aye?

kejen
Apr 5, 2009, 01:04 PM
Trusting a random to keep his word.

engelsein
Apr 5, 2009, 05:09 PM
Played PSU.

This lol

Warlock01
Apr 5, 2009, 05:48 PM
picking human charachter because i didnt like big ears. only to realise they suck and now i want an suv.

also nearly fell for the money glitch.. -.-

Nobby
Apr 8, 2009, 09:23 AM
Sold my 42% Lightning Armas Line to the NPC by mistake.

LiveCowboy
Apr 8, 2009, 09:51 AM
Sold a 32% serafi for 1.3 mil instead of 13 mil back when money was hard to come by and serafis were new. Did that like 3 diff times with items..and we wont even start with what ive sold to the NPC theif on wheels guy accidently. That happens when you are buying from him, get distracted, come back and forget your talking to him, then try to equip a diff armor for your next mission, only your not equipping, youre selllllllllling!