PDA

View Full Version : Gurhal's Next Top Model is... Arika!

Mysterious-G
Apr 4, 2009, 06:39 AM
Informations about the upcoming Gurhal's Next Top Idol :
[spoiler-box]
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/Dastendirekt/IDOL1.png

What Gurhal's Next Top Idol is

Gurhal's Next Top Idol basically is the male version of Gurhal's Next Top Model , means that it will feature various selected boys and men of all races to compete against eachother! There will be one poll per race, each consisting of a few selected competitors!

How to participate

Dress up your male character nicely and show his looks in the PSU Fashion Thread (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146498) ! What race will be first will be decided by the number of pictures posted per race.
The event host Arika will select those going to be chosen to competite!

When it will take place

That depends on you! The more people decide to take part in the event, the sooner it can start!
So do not be shy, post!
[/spoiler-box]

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/Mysterious-G/Gurhals%20Next%20Top%20Model/GurhalsNextTopModel.png

Welcome everyone, to the splendid final of the female Gurhal's Next Top Model polls, the Clash Of Races Special !!
24 Humans, Newmans, Caseals and Beasts from all over Gurhal competited against each other to become Gurhal's Next Top Model !
But now only the 5 best of them are still in contention for that title!

Arika, winner of the Gurhal's Next Top Model: Newman Siblings Special (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154386&highlight=Gurhal%27s+Top+Model) ;

Touka, winner of Gurhal's Next Top Model De Beast (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155436&highlight=Gurhal%27s+Top+Model) ;

Neith v3.5, winner of Gurhal's Next Top Model De Caseal (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156961&highlight=Gurhal%27s+Top+Model) ;

Mimosa, winner of Gurhal's Next Top Model De Human (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158884&highlight=Gurhal%27s+Top+Model) ;

Soubrette, winner of Gurhal's Next Top Model De Newman (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160288&highlight=Gurhal%27s+Top+Model) ;

The 5 models had 10 days to prepare a picture they are confident with, showing theirselves in their best outfit!
But not only the outfit is of importance! A model has to know how to present oneself!
Even the littlest detail can have a big impact on the effect a picture has!
Judge their work, judge them, and vote for one of them!
You decide who is going to be Gurhal's Next Top Model !!

Gurhal's Next Top Model Prizes

The winner of this poll will receive the following three prizes!

-The title of Gurhal's Next Top Model ;
-Your own PSOW avatar showing your character's face ;

In case Arika wins first place, the following prize goes to the runner-up instead! And what a prize it is!

-A 3D model of your character created by Angry_Ryudo! His work will surely make you look like a model!

'Lucky Voter!' Prizes

After the poll is over one voter will randomly be picked to receive one of the following prizes, which he/she can pick by himself/herself:

-A one-month 'Lucky Voter!' PSOW avatar showing your own PSU character;
-A PSU wrist strap;

A special thanks to the PSOW administration and especially to Ryna for contributing these little, free gifts!

This will be the last poll I host for now. Thank you all for your votes and your support.
I had alot of fun with this little contest and hope so did you. Thank you!
But now for the pictures of these 5 beautiful ladies! May the race begin!

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/Mysterious-G/Gurhals%20Next%20Top%20Model/Clash%20Of%20Races%20Special/VArika.jpg
[spoiler-box]http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4513/arikacontestfinal.jpg[/spoiler-box]

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/Mysterious-G/Gurhals%20Next%20Top%20Model/Clash%20Of%20Races%20Special/VTouka.jpg
[spoiler-box]http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9531/toukacontestfinal.jpg[/spoiler-box]

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/Mysterious-G/Gurhals%20Next%20Top%20Model/Clash%20Of%20Races%20Special/VNeith.jpg
[spoiler-box]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4846/neithcontestfinal.jpg[/spoiler-box]

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/Mysterious-G/Gurhals%20Next%20Top%20Model/Clash%20Of%20Races%20Special/VMimosa.jpg
[spoiler-box]http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9361/mimosacontestfinal.png[/spoiler-box]

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/Mysterious-G/Gurhals%20Next%20Top%20Model/Clash%20Of%20Races%20Special/VSoubrette.jpg
[spoiler-box]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7403/soubrettecontestfinal.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Arika
Apr 4, 2009, 06:51 AM
been waiting for so long :D

Wow, everybody look great!!! go go! fight! everybody!! ^^

fay
Apr 4, 2009, 07:17 AM
without a doubt in my mind Arika gets my vote :)

Neith
Apr 4, 2009, 07:34 AM
Eh, I'm still not happy with how Neith looks (I actually totally changed her appearance about 2 days after taking this :lol: ). I didn't resubmit a screenshot of her though because I'm still working in an outfit around her new appearance.

Good luck to everyone else anyway particularly Touka, go Touka :wacko:

[spoiler-box]If I get many votes in that outfit, I'll be amazed. :wacko: [/spoiler-box]

Dhylec
Apr 4, 2009, 08:06 AM
Heh, the grand finale? G'luck! ;]

Arika
Apr 4, 2009, 08:08 AM
*check who did Dhylec vote*

hmm... you didn't vote anybody at all! D:

Rust
Apr 4, 2009, 08:46 AM
OMFG, Neith, what have you done?!
You had my vote 'till I saw the pic. D:

Micro
Apr 4, 2009, 08:52 AM
:lol: Wasn't expecting Neith to look like that this time around.

No idea who I'm gonna vote for this round... :wacko:

unicorn
Apr 4, 2009, 09:03 AM
Arika gets my vote. But it was difficult deciding. In terms of modeling, Touka and Mimosa look the tallest, which is a good thing. Arika and Neith are more average-height. Soubrette can pass off as a petite model I guess, lol.

I liked Arika's outfit the most though, thats why I voted for her.

Ecchi
Apr 4, 2009, 09:17 AM
I voted for Mimosa the use of the background and the bouquet was just cute >.>. Soubrette was a very close second the maid at the bar scene hawtnezz =p. Aside from that Arika had the best outfit and the other 2 couldve been a lil more daring or creative.

Neith
Apr 4, 2009, 10:47 AM
OMFG, Neith, what have you done?!
You had my vote 'till I saw the pic. D:

Heh, I didn't wanna use the same look as last time really. If you think that's a change, you should see what she looks like now (presently not pale, pastel blue hair, changed her facial structure and everything >_>)

The pic I took isn't too much of a radical change for her- I always tend to use the more slender parts (unless I'm PT), and Neith was a HUcaseal in PSO anyway, so it fits her. I gotta admit though, I got sick of her looking like a vamp so I needed a change for a while. As I said, I'm not happy with how she looks for this poll but couldn't think of anything else to do (that and I was more involved with hunting Love Inferno at the time). Seriously though, it's much harder getting a working outfit for Caseals. Even if you find a set that looks good, pre-AoI and post AoI parts won't mesh together because the subcolour will be different shades (for some reason, the idiots behind this decided that a black subcolour on one part should be grey on another, making it very restrictive with which parts will flow). I guess that's why I had to use HUcaseal arms; I tried about 6-7 different arms. Of those, only 2-3 matched the torso colour, and of those the only one I thought looked any good was the HUcaseal ones.

Thanks for whoever voted for me so far, I'm honestly surprised Touka has no votes yet though. I really like the set he picked.

Shinko
Apr 4, 2009, 03:24 PM
I voted for Mimosa. The pic is very cute.
and besides I have to support my fellow humans.

Oh and I have to say Touka is the best looking beast girl I'll seen. I mean I think all beast are ugly but Touka's is kinda ok.... way better than other beast i've seen that's for sure.

Sasamichan
Apr 4, 2009, 03:44 PM
Soubrette>all. No one is cuter than her.

Touka
Apr 4, 2009, 04:18 PM
Ecchi:Well I could've opted for a PA related picture but I wanted to showcase my entire outfit(you can't see Arika's pants in her picture).

Shinko:Thanks?I'm not totally sure if that was a compliment but if I can get someone who doesn't like beasts much to say I look ok I must be doing something right XD

hunterseifer
Apr 4, 2009, 04:46 PM
Arika has my vote in this one, and the rappy's on her arms T_T awesome

Kard
Apr 4, 2009, 05:10 PM
For me, looking at overall image composition as well as the beautiful models themselves, it's a tough choice between Arika and Soubrette~ I can't decide yet!

Everyone's tried hard, so for now you all get an honorary vote! ^-')b

xzidanex
Apr 4, 2009, 06:41 PM
Well for me it was between Soubrette and Arika, and since I'm not really into the cute look, Arika gets my vote. Neith would have been a contender for me, but the only thing I really had a problem with was the fleshy face on the HUcaseal look, just didn't quite work together for me, not bad otherwise. Either way, good job everybody for making it this far.

hewitt
Apr 4, 2009, 07:02 PM
I voted for Mimosa. I loved the use of
the bouquet.

MS81
Apr 4, 2009, 09:20 PM
rubs back of head "man, i've been off this game for way to long, i need to get back on"

Ecchi
Apr 4, 2009, 09:56 PM
I just fell in love with arika's new sig xD. Everytime i try to make a high quality one they delete mine due to size >.>;;;;

RedRaz0r
Apr 4, 2009, 10:52 PM
Arika dominates this competition. I think beasts are plain ugly, and other than that, shes just so hot

Arika
Apr 4, 2009, 10:56 PM
My comment on each model :

Arika : ... no comment can be made ^^;

Touka : Very good looking neudaiz beast out there, fit into AweofShe RP story of a female beast that grow up in neudaiz. you surely got kyrlia vote in her mind :wacko:

Neith v3.5 : Change from gothic black to vampire red, you still look great! I don't see anything wrong except may be your pose, is that what you not happy about? and actually I like this color more than pure black ;)

Mimosa : Good bouquet!! your pose amaze me! I love your cheerful look ^^

Soubrette : Sooooooo cute! *gotta hug* Soubrette is a maid in service now? :3

Saligun
Apr 4, 2009, 11:52 PM
Arika got my vote she's lookin great but soubrette sure isn't far behind she also looking super cute to,but i can only vote for one of them.

Arika
Apr 5, 2009, 12:24 AM
To kyrlia, I think that it is better to post this at first page.

To everybody who has confident in your well-design male characters.

There will be some a newly begin poll for the best looking male idol! anybody who is interest to enter, please show your screenshot in PSU Fashion Thread. (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146498)

There is no decide just yet about how many candidate will be picked per race, or what race to start first, all of this will be depend on how many candidate show up.

Erkthemerc
Apr 5, 2009, 12:27 AM
Arika is the only one who has clothes on that match nicely...so yeah

Gunslinger-08
Apr 5, 2009, 12:35 AM
My vote went to Mimosa.

Humans ftw!

Tsavo
Apr 5, 2009, 01:05 AM
Touka, hands down.

MaximusLight
Apr 5, 2009, 01:28 AM
*facepalm*

Noxia
Apr 5, 2009, 03:54 AM
what the pouny hell ??? I didn't know anything about a Gurhal's top model >:( how should i know ??

Mimo
Apr 5, 2009, 04:55 AM
everyone did their best to take good shots, i wish mine was closer but i wanted the entire outfit to show without the missions map getting in the way xD

goodluck to everyone! C:

Neith
Apr 5, 2009, 07:20 AM
Neith v3.5 : Change from gothic black to vampire red, you still look great! I don't see anything wrong except may be your pose, is that what you not happy about? and actually I like this color more than pure black ;)

Haha, yeah, if you remember the original Caseal vote, Neith looked annoyed in that. I guess it's just meant to be her personality (she'd be the kind of person to enter this purely for a shot at the prizes), so I figured I wanted to show her personality through the picture.

In other news- I think this looks decided already. Arika has too much of a lead already (Mimosa got very close but Arika must've got a lot of votes overnight for me).

Thank you to my fans :wacko: (come on people who voted me in the Caseal contest, I need your help :lol: )

Edit: I noticed Soubrette had voted for herself, so I mailed Kyrlia about it. Could everyone in the poll please vote for themselves to balance it out?

Namine
Apr 5, 2009, 07:27 AM
Voted, how will you be able to tell who has voted though?

Neith
Apr 5, 2009, 07:41 AM
Voted, how will you be able to tell who has voted though?

When you've voted, click on the number of votes someone has, and it should show you the usernames of all the people who've voted so far.

LeynasMoon
Apr 5, 2009, 08:02 AM
Although all of the pictures are well put together and have a lot of life to them, Soubrette's just stands out a whole lot more than the others do, because of the angle, perspective, her colorful outfit and the background setting look really good together.
She's also wonderfully adorable!

Vaume
Apr 5, 2009, 09:16 AM
My Votes to Soubrette :o

Kinako78
Apr 5, 2009, 09:28 AM
I voted for Touka, cause she's the only one that stood out in my mind. Soubrette looks very cute, though! :)

Zyrusticae
Apr 5, 2009, 09:30 AM
I picked Neith just because she's the least feminine-looking of the whole bunch.

Which might defeat the point of a contest about female models, but, meh... >_>

Aeris
Apr 5, 2009, 10:06 AM
I vote for Touka since she has the looks.

ashley50
Apr 5, 2009, 10:14 AM
my vote goes to...Just guess.

eken
Apr 5, 2009, 11:58 AM
hmmm, a harder choice than last time, i was gonna go Airka but she has a HUGE lead and i had trouble picking between Soubrette and Airka,

Airka rappy daggers were deciding factors for first choice,
But went with Soubrette becuase she was just wayyy to cute in the outfit and both outfit and expression gave a very nice feeling.
Touka outfit was common, but felt her best feature where her eyes, the eyes really stand out and look very good, just outfit was meh.
Voted for Mimosa last time and was very similiar outfit she was wearing back in the last one so lost points.
and Neith v3.5, nothing spoke to me 0 points

sovalou
Apr 5, 2009, 12:09 PM
Eh I went with the underdog of the competition an im not talking about the cast. Funny thing is I usually wouldn't have voted for a beast since they look funny xD.

BIG OLAF
Apr 5, 2009, 12:32 PM
I voted for Touka. Beast girls are the prettiest in my opinion, and I like her outfit (besides the shoes. For some reason, those shoes make me itch).

autumn
Apr 5, 2009, 02:46 PM
Voted Mimosa. Opted to base choice on overall composition of the shot. Very nice Mimosa, great looking shot and while I don't care for some of the colors it all works very well in the overall ^^b

Kylie
Apr 5, 2009, 02:58 PM
Although I don't think going with Maydi was a good idea or really that impressive, I don't think there's as much to picking out an outfit as there is to designing one's character, and that's why I voted for soubrette.

Danny_Dark
Apr 5, 2009, 03:16 PM
...Arika...(Sigh)...

Kard
Apr 5, 2009, 04:09 PM
I had decided on Arika since yesterday. The outfit is fine, but the overall image seems to have a nice form to me~ I didn't realize it until now, but I probably would have picked Mimosa if not for the unfortunately mismatched tights. :3

Anywho, good job to all the contestants, again!

Side note: Neith's natural "unladylikeness" and facial expressions keep reminding me of Natsuki Kuga from Mai Hime. :E Not that they look much alike, but still~ I think the idea of a female who is usually more of a tomboy, or just generally aggressive being put in a position where she needs to show a softer side can produce some funny/awesome results. X3

Ecchi
Apr 5, 2009, 04:43 PM
Well i guess we can clearly see whom is the winner >.>

engelsein
Apr 5, 2009, 05:05 PM
Wow everyone is voting for Arika? really? her/his picture is soooo simple.... Mimosa has the best pose and background... not to mention the face expression and and pedals just fit in perfectly....

garjian
Apr 5, 2009, 07:09 PM
is it just me or are they all ugly?

badly matched and boring clothes, only made to blend in more by relatively generic faces? pfft...

if youre gonna enter a modeling competition (and who knows how they got this far :S) at least prepare an outfit that works?

ahh well... arika has pretty hair... i vote for her...

Mimo
Apr 5, 2009, 07:45 PM
even though it looks like ari has taken this competition, im not giving up! my outfit rocks, this was the first set mimo ever wore when i created her back in 1UP! back when ppl didnt know what to do with ver. 1 clothes! jk x3

i love this outfit! it brings back memories, ahhhh... ;D but i have to agree, those rappy daggers sure are cuuuuute and of course ari too xD

to competitors: what matters most is that we are all finalists and have already been chosen the top for each race! soooo dont get discouraged! everyone looks great! great! ^^

Kismet
Apr 5, 2009, 07:59 PM
We all know Arika's going to win, there's not even a competition.

I voted for Soubrette, tho. Because I actually know her, and I think she's just pure <3. ^^

Neith
Apr 5, 2009, 08:04 PM

badly matched and boring clothes, only made to blend in more by relatively generic faces? pfft...

if youre gonna enter a modeling competition (and who knows how they got this far :S) at least prepare an outfit that works?

Care to show your character(s)?

Kismet
Apr 5, 2009, 08:10 PM
Actually, I kinda agree with him... Except not for ALL of them, only two and a half of them.

Neith
Apr 5, 2009, 08:29 PM
If you're not happy with the characters picked in the poll, that's fine. But coming out and saying they all look bad like he did doesn't help anyone. If they're so bad, why don't I see his character in the poll instead?

I'll say it again, anyone who flat-out insults the characters picked for the poll, please, show your own.

Sidney
Apr 5, 2009, 08:32 PM
Thank you to everyone who voted for me! :lol: I'm really flattered by all the wonderful compliments. You guys are all so sweet! All the people in this competition are my friends, and I think each and every one of them looks great. They came up with some really pretty and unique shots!

As for Garijan: haters to the left, honey. The people in this competition are my friends, and while I don't care what you think about me, it bothers me that you would insult them; they put a lot of thought and effort into this, and you have no right to dismiss them in a way that is belligerent, rude and immature. If you would like to express your distaste, that's fine, but you should do it in a way that is constructive as opposed to rude.

Alnet
Apr 5, 2009, 08:34 PM
We all know Arika's going to win, there's not even a competition.

I voted for Soubrette, tho. Because I actually know her, and I think she's just pure <3. ^^
Yeah, that about covers my position on it too. :3

Thank you to everyone who voted for me! :lol: I'm really flattered by all the wonderful compliments. You guys are all so sweet! All the people in this competition are my friends, and I think each and every one of them looks great. They came up with some really pretty and unique shots!
You're welcome, dear. ;3

Mimo
Apr 5, 2009, 08:42 PM
i voted for myself just so i could see the poll results, but i regret that,
heehee c: i should have voted for... ari! because i like her rappy daggers xD but touka's head gear looks kinda cute too--

!!
ppl plz dont make fun of our characters, we tried our best and we went through months of elimination -o-

Harmony
Apr 5, 2009, 08:42 PM
is this japanese or english servers and is this ps2 or 360 or pc
no one tells me these thing! :-x

Mimo
Apr 5, 2009, 08:45 PM
looks at join date----looks at posts ._.

these competitions have been going on since december of last year (mebbe)
you should look at the high rated threads more often xD or log on more often xD

edit: lol sorry, its PC/PS2 = english, i dont think anyone from jp entered o-o

Harmony
Apr 5, 2009, 08:45 PM
i wish i could have entered if i knew about this *sigh* o well but all the contenders are so cute and I love the cast Ive always like strong looking cast and newmans rock cuze im one! ^_^

Harmony
Apr 5, 2009, 08:46 PM
i do look i just never see them but could you help me out with witch servers there on?

ashley50
Apr 5, 2009, 08:54 PM
PC/PS2 side?

Kismet
Apr 5, 2009, 09:18 PM

You're welcome. :3

Rust
Apr 5, 2009, 09:28 PM

ahh well... arika has pretty hair... i vote for her...

Obviously it is just you.
Most of those who are presented on there won their poll with a good advantage over the other contestants, which means that a majority of people voted for them.

There's some designs in this poll that I personally dislike, yet they get votes in a good amount for the second time.
That just means my personal tastes are different from the majority, not that they're "all terrible" or voters have "bad tastes".

Maybe take that into consideration next time you're trying to make a witty comment? :wacko:

Anon_Fire
Apr 5, 2009, 09:35 PM
Soubrette looks so cute and innocent ^^

She gets my vote.

garjian
Apr 6, 2009, 06:50 AM
well thats not to say that all the nomenees were the same but worse...

i put a lot of effort into character design... so its probably just my standards?
but really i cant be the only person that has about 10-15 outfits per character can i?

Arika
Apr 6, 2009, 07:04 AM
i voted for myself just so i could see the poll results, but i regret that,
heehee c: i should have voted for... ari! because i like her rappy daggers xD but touka's head gear looks kinda cute too--

@ mimo : That is why I still can't vote, I really dunno if I should vote you or soubrette >_<

@ garjian : from what I know, many people here has a lot of outfits, some may have more than 20. But anyway, regardless of how many outfits they have. I m sure they put a lot of effort into it too.

Neith
Apr 6, 2009, 07:20 AM

i put a lot of effort into character design... so its probably just my standards?
but really i cant be the only person that has about 10-15 outfits per character can i?

My Caseal doesn't have that many outfits (mainly because I don't like a lot of the available parts), but my Human/2x Newman characters have huge wardrobes. I change their outfits pretty much every day; I guess it's kind of an obsession :lol:

I'd imagine it's the same for everyone in this contest.

Kard
Apr 6, 2009, 09:01 AM

It's possible that people are trying to be unique in their wardrobe choices for the competition. Despite the amount of available clothing options, it's pretty difficult to put together an outfit that isn't commonly seen online already, and still make it look good. In an earlier round, an outfit that I thought wasn't so common, turned out to be very common and boring to people. When you consider that that can lose potential votes that way, you should realize that it's harder to decide how to present your character in something like this than if you were spending just another ordinary day in-game.

It doesn't help that an unfortunate amount of clothing options in this game just aren't compatible with each other, either.

BIG OLAF
Apr 6, 2009, 09:35 AM
Hmm, I'm rather curious if the 360 servers will have a competition like this. If anyone knows, share your information please.

Akaimizu
Apr 6, 2009, 09:42 AM
It would be interesting, to say, at least. To tell the truth, these competitions sort of bring a non-platform-specific help to the world of PSU.

In a way, even though our clothing options (and combinations) are rather slim. There are still a number of (I had no idea) combinations that don't look like they would go together when you see them apart, but when you try it *eureka*. Especially when it comes to color choices that (by the pallette indicators) seem like it wouldn't work, and then voila, when you try it.

Yes, we're limited, but sometimes in these competitions (even from the ones that don't win) you see a combo you never considered before, and it rocks. Thing is, I probably would be one to subdivide categories a little more. There are certain looks that go with certain character types that often don't get represented in straight beauty competitions. So a lot of interest would be in seeing those dressed in categories that support more along your lines.

For Mufonna, who goes more for the "pretty flower" look, you can often get great ideas right away. For the sassy and sexy look, you'll see a lot as well. For the straight killer military, this competition was pretty nice at bringing about something more on those lines. Probably moreso than some of the previous fashion shows. I'd say that's a pretty good success.

For my main, I'd probably look for the tomboy look as well. As there's three looks she only goes for. Tomboy styles, country-western action styles, and Show-performer styles (ones that avoid too many frills to still support the tomboy motif). I'd never expect those looks to win these competitions, but at the same time, it's difficult to pull a number of those off successfully, given our clothing choices. (With the exception of the obvious few)

However, we still have male competitions to utilize as well. It'll probably (due to a little less clothing options) have to concentrate well on hair, head ornament combos, and how they fit the whole ensemble. I think we have enough people (of both genders) to judge those as well. A believe me, I'd enter any and all of my male character designs in there.

garjian
Apr 6, 2009, 12:56 PM
It's possible that people are trying to be unique in their wardrobe choices for the competition. Despite the amount of available clothing options, it's pretty difficult to put together an outfit that isn't commonly seen online already, and still make it look good. In an earlier round, an outfit that I thought wasn't so common, turned out to be very common and boring to people. When you consider that that can lose potential votes that way, you should realize that it's harder to decide how to present your character in something like this than if you were spending just another ordinary day in-game.

It doesn't help that an unfortunate amount of clothing options in this game just aren't compatible with each other, either.

hmmm... well most people i see... which is mostly on the 4th floor are dressed reatively badly, or in chicken suits... and ive never seen anyone wear the same thing as me, except one outfit i stole recently... and also my very first outfit ever...

one problem is the bolder peices of clothing can make you look similar, like vigor coat, braves coat and pritia one-peice... and i havent avoided those...

anyway lol... the more i talk about this subject the more pathetic i sound... all im saying is... the outfits kinda suck... and that theres a lot of choice if you spend time on it, and a lot of combos people miss... and considering you only have to wear one, its not too hard to pick one out...

unless youre a cast... :P

Ecchi
Apr 6, 2009, 01:48 PM
So when are we having a Male fashion poll >.>?

Mysterious-G
Apr 6, 2009, 02:24 PM
So when are we having a Male fashion poll >.>?

The Phasion Group will hold Gurhal's Next Top Idol soon after the first female cycle ends with this poll, and it will be hosted by Arika.
Look out for more informations, they will come soon.

Touka
Apr 6, 2009, 04:36 PM
the more i talk about this subject the more pathetic i sound...
Indeed you do.I was going to ignore this but your attitude stinks mister.You could've gotten your point across better if you didn't insert such snide remarks.

If you have that much pride in your characters appearance then like Neith said why don't you put your money where your mouth is and post your characters clothing in the Phasion thread?

Syl
Apr 6, 2009, 05:01 PM
Thank you to everyone who voted for me! :lol:

Now about that bribe... meet me out bac- uh I mean.

Yeah good luck to everyone ^^; I'm really glad to see this kind of thing going on within the community, I only wish I could have taken part of it lol.

Naru-
Apr 7, 2009, 12:46 AM
It's funny how talking about this contest on AIM brings me back to these boards, and maybe to the game, since I actually feel like playing again now.

Anyway, as far as the voting goes, for the looks alone I'd probably have to say Arika, but the daggers ruined it for me.

So I'll go with Mimosa, since from all the competitors, I like her concept best.

I actually wonder if I'm the only one who usually picks an outfit and then sticks with it for weeks/months. Gotta love the good old Flaxo and Storia sets. ^^;

ShonagarACE
Apr 7, 2009, 12:56 AM
I voted for Neith, probably just because I like CASTs. But I like that people are able to be creative and find outfits that reflect their character so well. I've never found a set of parts that make me really satisfied with the way my character looks, but that's to be expected I guess.

Arika
Apr 7, 2009, 01:01 AM
It's funny how talking about this contest on AIM brings me back to these boards, and maybe to the game, since I actually feel like playing again now.

Wow, it is good to hear that ^^

The_Brimada
Apr 7, 2009, 01:48 AM
It basically came down between Mimosa and Soubrette for me.

Despite being friends with Touka and Neith, I'm just not a big fan of their outfits in this particular poll. As for Arika, she's just basically sitting down with Amore Tippies in her hand. She doesn't look bad, but the tippies actually draw more of my attention than the actual character.

I'm not really a fan of the loli, but that outfit and expression on Soubrette is very cute indeed.

Mimosa's pose seemed the most unique of them all to me. Her clothing choice is one I don't see used very often and doesn't look too bad on her either.

So in the end I went with Mimosa, even if my vote doesn't really matter at this point.

garjian
Apr 7, 2009, 07:07 AM
Indeed you do.I was going to ignore this but your attitude stinks mister.You could've gotten your point across better if you didn't insert such snide remarks.

If you have that much pride in your characters appearance then like Neith said why don't you put your money where your mouth is and post your characters clothing in the Phasion thread?

and i said i would... if someone would tell me how the bloody [img] works on this forum..!

Dhylec
Apr 7, 2009, 07:15 AM
and i said i would... if someone would tell me how the bloody [img] works on this forum..!

If you don't know certain feature or function on the forum, feel free to ask in Site Related. But since you already asked here I'll give you the answer.
[url ] your image link here [/url ] (do the tags w/o the spaces)

Rust
Apr 7, 2009, 09:30 AM
I've never found a set of parts that make me really satisfied with the way my character looks, but that's to be expected I guess.

Welcome to the world of Male CASTs. ;|

If you don't know certain feature or function on the forum, feel free to ask in Site Related. But since you already asked here I'll give you the answer.
[url ] your image link here [/url ] (do the tags w/o the spaces)

Wouldn't Image link be more appropriate in that particular case?

Mysterious-G
Apr 7, 2009, 10:56 AM
First post updated with informations about the upcoming Gurhal's Next Top Idol :
[spoiler-box]What Gurhal's Next Top Idol is

Gurhal's Next Top Idol basically is the male version of Gurhal's Next Top Model , means that it will feature various selected boys and men of all races to compete against eachother! There will be one poll per race, each consisting of a few selected competitors!

How to participate

Dress up your male character nicely and show his looks in the PSU Fashion Thread (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146498) ! What race will be first will be decided by the number of pictures posted per race.

When it will take place

That depends on you! The more people decide to take part in the event, the sooner it can start!
So do not be shy, post!
[/spoiler-box]

Updated the Gurhal's Next Top Model Prizes

[spoiler-box]

-Your own PSOW avatar showing your character's face
-??? [To be revealed in 3 days][/spoiler-box]

Ecchi
Apr 7, 2009, 11:40 AM
I wanna win the avatar =D

HyperShot-X-
Apr 7, 2009, 02:36 PM
My pick goes to Mimosa for her brilliant set up and theme. Runner-up goes to Soubrette the loli doll.
A fairy you-know-who doesn't count on this poll, srry :/

RadiantLegend
Apr 7, 2009, 04:22 PM
which race for males are we starting with?

ShonagarACE
Apr 7, 2009, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the world of Male CASTs. ;|

Aye. Though it's only somewhat about the parts, more about the limited color selection.

Mysterious-G
Apr 8, 2009, 02:34 AM
which race for males are we starting with?

The race with the most pictures posted, I was told.

Sano
Apr 8, 2009, 04:08 AM
Well, I have cast my vote and I chose Arika as who I thought should win and my runner-up choice was Soubrette. Here are my reasons why:

Arika: Nice picture taken, with the cute daggers to match your clothes ^^ As for the "cow lick" of hair stickingup from the top of our head... very interesting choice of style as an entry since it almost looks like wind blowing it up. Environment wise, I liked your pose of a relaxed sit around some greenery; the plants and your outfit both stick out and make for a great picture. ^^

Touka: I liked the choice of clothing you used for your legs. The bright colors draw the viewer's attention there and then we see some skin, which is always nice :P But something about your outfit and the colors in the environment behind you didn't strike me as special. I'm sorry :(

Neith: I think the colors and parts you chose were nice, as was the lobby you chose to take the picture. But the lack of a "model pose" and not taking advantage of the great horizon/sunset/sunrise view sorta pushed me away from picking you, I'm sorry :(

Mimosa: The idea of using the Bouquet of flowers was brilliant, as was using a flowery autumn environment but... your choice of top was not what I thought would go so good with your leg-wear. Your leg-wear had potential, but needed a better top. I'm sorry as well :(

Soubrette: Nice bright vibrant colors you chose, and a cute pose. Also, the surrounding area of tables as if you are an actual waitress was nice too. But the way your face was captured in that pose didn't come out right to me (bad photographer! lol). Your right hand is too high up, draws too much attention away from your face. You were my runner up choice ^^

Neith
Apr 8, 2009, 07:43 AM
Neith: I think the colors and parts you chose were nice, as was the lobby you chose to take the picture. But the lack of a "model pose" and not taking advantage of the great horizon/sunset/sunrise view sorta pushed me away from picking you, I'm sorry :(

It's funny you mention the sunset actually. I tried to take advantage of that originally, but it wasn't as effective as I'd hoped. The sunset was somewhat overpowering and dominated the picture more than the character, so I decided against it. As for the 'model pose', that's just Neith. She wouldn't co-operate and threatened to kill the photography team :wacko:

It sounds odd but I wanted to give the impression of 'I really don't want to be here' in the picture, because it suits my character. If she was putting loads of effort into posing, it just wouldn't have been like Neith's meant to be :lol:

Akaimizu
Apr 8, 2009, 08:58 AM
Way to maintain character, Neith. I'm always a strong supporter of such things, regardless of public impression of said character. When you allow it to break, it's like you're doing some Omake all of a sudden. However, it feels definitely rewarding when, even if it is kind of in opposition of the situation, the character maintains their personality in it.

garjian
Apr 8, 2009, 01:42 PM
well then... i posted the link to the album on page 60 on the fashion thread...

:)

im not expecting positve feedback... xD

Mysterious-G
Apr 9, 2009, 06:25 AM
Updated the Gurhal's Next Top Model Prizes

-A 3D model of your character created by Angry_Ryudo! His work will surely make you look like a model!

Neith
Apr 9, 2009, 06:42 AM
What's funny is, Arika already has multiple avatars and Ryudo models..

:disapprove: They're nice prizes but more Arika avatars?

Edit:
Way to maintain character, Neith. I'm always a strong supporter of such things, regardless of public impression of said character. When you allow it to break, it's like you're doing some Omake all of a sudden. However, it feels definitely rewarding when, even if it is kind of in opposition of the situation, the character maintains their personality in it.

Yeah, I don't roleplay or anything, but I do have backstory for all my characters, and I do try to give them at least a little personality (usually reflected in shortcuts- most of Neith's are snide, sarcastic or just plain messed-up). When I entered and got picked for the Caseal contest, I thought 'how would Neith seriously react to this', and the first thing I could think of was 'she's in it solely for the prizes, but doesn't care about making an effort'. That's not to say I didn't make an effort with the outfit (I did) but well, the pose says it all :lol:

On another note, I wish I'd entered Teika instead. It would've been interesting to see her go up against Arika. I'm pretty much convinced I can't make her look better :lol:

Angry_Ryudo
Apr 9, 2009, 07:24 AM
Then, fight for the second place. I'll extract the character in second place.

Arika
Apr 9, 2009, 07:46 AM
Thank ryudo :)

so everybody still has the chance for prize ^^ good luck my friends!

Mysterious-G
Apr 9, 2009, 08:34 AM
What a dramatic change of facts!!

The runner-up wins the 3D model!
Is that going to be Soubrette, or can Touka, Neith or Mimosa catch up?!
It would be worth it! The 3D model was supposed to be the main prize!

Neith
Apr 9, 2009, 09:51 AM
I don't necessarily mind Arika having more models, but it's nice that you offered to do the 2nd place character (which looks like it'll probably be Soubrette).

What's amusing is that even in the unlikely situation I did win it, I would've rather had a model of Teika, not Neith (again, wish I'd entered the Newman vote instead :lol: )

Maybe next time then :wacko:

Edit: Haha, Touka finally overtook me. Gogo Touka, get 50 votes from somewhere :lol:

Arika
Apr 9, 2009, 10:11 AM
It has been awhile that Touka and Neith has the same vote point lol.

@ Neith : oh, and btw, if you did enter in Newman poll instead, you would have to compete with Sou! first and only one could enter into final round.
@ Touka : as he said, go go Touka!

@ Mimo : don't lose Sou!!!
@ Sou : .. please keep winning!!

wait.. at the end who I cheer for ? :o still dunno whether to vote sou or mimo.

Neith
Apr 9, 2009, 11:32 AM
It has been awhile that Touka and Neith has the same vote point lol.

@ Neith : oh, and btw, if you did enter in Newman poll instead, you would have to compete with Sou! first and only one could enter into final round.

Well I've had to take on my friends in the final anyway, so it wouldn't have been any different :wacko:

Lanin
Apr 9, 2009, 01:40 PM
Being a Cast I vote for Neith, but all the contestants look great. Fortunes be with all of you.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/Mysterious-G/Gurhals%20Next%20Top%20Model/Clash%20Of%20Races%20Special/VNeith.jpg

KittyCatSlut
Apr 9, 2009, 05:33 PM
i wonder what they were thinking ?.? LOLZ

Aeris
Apr 9, 2009, 05:48 PM
i wonder what they were thinking ?.? LOLZ

Hahaha, nice fourm name, looks like Neith and Touka are the lowest ones but balanced.

Rensan574
Apr 13, 2009, 04:19 PM
Arika you've got my vote. You look precious! I just love newmans! ^.^

Rensan574
Apr 13, 2009, 06:06 PM
They should call them newman and newomen. Lol

Arika
Apr 14, 2009, 11:28 AM
So... it is end... hmm, nearly no change at all in any vote after Mysterous-G revealed the rewards. So everybody already voted in the first 5 days I guess.

may be next poll I will make it end quicker or do something to make it last longer.

Mysterious-G
Apr 14, 2009, 12:22 PM
So it is decided!
Gurhal's Next Top Model is.... Arika!
Okay, that seemed obvious after a few days of voting, but it is still well worth to be mentioned!
Arika wins with awesome 83 votes out of even more awesome 237 votes, and so was faaaar ahead of every other competitor!

Congratulations, Arika!
You win the following prizes!

And congratulations, Soubrette! As the 2nd place you win

(He will mail you about further instructions.)

But everybody looked gorgerous and did a great job!
Just as the voters, from which one will be randomly picked by Ryna (Thanks again!) to receive one of the following prizes!

-A one-month 'Lucky Voter!' PSOW avatar showing your own PSU character;
-A PSU wrist strap;

Thank you for your votes, everybody! I hope you enjoyed Gurhal's Next Top Model !! :)

So... it is end... hmm, nearly no change at all in any vote after Mysterous-G revealed the rewards. So everybody already voted in the first 5 days I guess.

may be next poll I will make it end quicker or do something to make it last longer.

Well, I am still pretty satisfied with the number of votes. :)
Okay, the prize revealing plan did not work out too well, but still.
237 is a whole lot, never seen a poll on here with that many votes and these prizes are well-deserved!

Well, but maybe the male poll will do even better!
Gurhal's Next Top Idol is scheduled to start soon! Show us how stylish a man can be!
Informations about this upcoming event:
[spoiler-box]
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/Dastendirekt/IDOL1.png

What Gurhal's Next Top Idol is

How to participate

When it will take place

So do not be shy, post!
[/spoiler-box]

Aeris
Apr 14, 2009, 01:11 PM
Congrats Arika :-P.

Dhylec
Apr 14, 2009, 01:13 PM
Someone is sure a big winner this time. Grats to all contestants! You know who you are. ;3

Mimo
Apr 14, 2009, 09:35 PM
yay for third place!! :3!!!!!!!!!

Im sooooooo happy for Sou and Kai! Congrats guys! You guys deserve the prizes :} and thanks to everyone who voted for me, much appreciated! n_n

ashley50
Apr 14, 2009, 09:54 PM
hmmm...Flawless Victory.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 14, 2009, 10:42 PM
I'm not surprised, but congrats all the same to the winners!

Angry_Ryudo
Jun 7, 2009, 04:16 PM
Yes.... i've delayed like month and a half. Sorry, winner and fans~! Here is the pic! ^_^
[spoiler-box]http://i39.tinypic.com/984wi8.jpg[/spoiler-box]
The camera angle is a bit confusing and the one below Deja is Hyuga. He's immovilized because.... well, for Soubrette's sake XDDD you all know Hyuga's point of view about women.

Congrats, Soubrette! And sorry for the delay.

Dhylec
Jun 7, 2009, 04:32 PM
Yes.... i've delayed like month and a half. Sorry, winner and fans~! Here is the pic! ^_^
[spoiler-box]http://i39.tinypic.com/984wi8.jpg[/spoiler-box]
The camera angle is a bit confusing and the one below Deja is Hyuga. He's immovilized because.... well, for Soubrette's sake XDDD you all know Hyuga's point of view about women.

Congrats, Soubrette! And sorry for the delay.
I was wondering why this is bumped. Heh, you're late indeed, but very nice rendering.

Ecchi
Jun 8, 2009, 03:54 AM
Wow nice its on my desktop now xDDDD