PDA

View Full Version : Box spamming for mats

GUNcrazy12
Apr 6, 2009, 05:42 PM
I am looking for a mission that has some boxes right at the beginning (preferably in the 1st room, don't know if that exists tho). I wanna get some walnas, polymers, and maybe even some catilium.
thanks in advance!

darthplagis
Apr 6, 2009, 05:53 PM
catillium can be found on tunnel recapture in the 1st set of boxes, just reset and repeat.

obviously just run the missions till you find boxes near the start............. thats how we found out

str898mustang
Apr 6, 2009, 06:09 PM
Bladed Legacy S or S2

GUNcrazy12
Apr 6, 2009, 07:30 PM
Uhh yea, catilium only drops from clear boxes...

darthplagis
Apr 6, 2009, 07:31 PM
ok whatever...... go play the game

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 6, 2009, 07:33 PM
Uhh yea, catilium only drops from clear boxes...

Tell that to Bladed Legacy S2.

GUNcrazy12
Apr 6, 2009, 08:08 PM
Yea, I'm playing, and I have freakin 35 stelniums now, thanks.

HienkyakuX
Apr 6, 2009, 08:30 PM
what rank your running it? and btw 10* and up mats are hard to drop in lower ranks.

pinkace
Apr 6, 2009, 08:42 PM
you also need luck no?

Dhylec
Apr 6, 2009, 08:46 PM
you also need luck no?

Indeed, max photon luck does help with the drops.

HienkyakuX
Apr 6, 2009, 08:46 PM
yeah that's another point but a bit of an argument if it helps or not. my advise is to hunt with 2-3* luck.

Powder Keg
Apr 6, 2009, 08:52 PM
It's unproven whether luck helps or not.

I remember hearing the game was adjusted to missions with monsters level 135+ had higher quality drops (Walnas instead of ebons, catilium instead of stelnium etc)

Tunnel Recapture is an awful place to hunt Catilium, it's VERY rare there, and the clear boxes there drop the B-rank version more often than anything else. Bladed Legacy is your best bet. In a half hour of restarting, you can get 5 or 6 catilium.

ShonagarACE
Apr 6, 2009, 09:22 PM
It's unproven whether luck helps or not.

I remember hearing the game was adjusted to missions with monsters level 135+ had higher quality drops (Walnas instead of ebons, catilium instead of stelnium etc)

Tunnel Recapture is an awful place to hunt Catilium, it's VERY rare there, and the clear boxes there drop the B-rank version more often than anything else. Bladed Legacy is your best bet. In a half hour of restarting, you can get 5 or 6 catilium.

Luck helps the drop-anything rate of creatures and regular boxes(not boss boxes), but it doesn't effect how often rares will drop. It's just probability from there.

darkante
Apr 6, 2009, 10:47 PM
Indeed, i would say Bladed Legacy on S2 with luck 2-3 for the fastest way to get them.
I wouldn´t bother with lower luck as that will make it pretty irritating to hunt.

GUNcrazy12
Apr 6, 2009, 11:24 PM
I'm running it S2 (drrr?) haha
But I only have 2* luck, that might have impacted it a bit...
Oh yea! Kinda random, but I just pulled out a 50% ice Fuka-misaki!!! (my first 50) I r happy!!

WhiteKnight01
Apr 7, 2009, 02:54 AM
me and my brother run her secret mission for ortaresin and ortapolymers you need a friend to enter but we find one ortapolyer every 3 runs or so

darkante
Apr 7, 2009, 04:35 AM
I'm running it S2 (drrr?) haha
But I only have 2* luck, that might have impacted it a bit...
Oh yea! Kinda random, but I just pulled out a 50% ice Fuka-misaki!!! (my first 50) I r happy!!

50 %? Gib lol jk. Congratz!

NiceOnes
Apr 7, 2009, 01:30 PM
Bruce's Dungeon is another great place to find catilium... You can't Solo it mind you though.

darthplagis
Apr 7, 2009, 07:47 PM

well in about 2 and a half hours with 2* luck both me and a friend (xbox360) ran the same universe but separate party with just our character in the run and between us we had a stack of catillium, we would reset if we didn't get the chasm entrance (the one with the door in front and the side path down to either a spawn of lapucha or kog nad with 5 boxes) and just pop the boxes ignoring the enemy's. the one with the hilde bears is a good one too as there are some easy boxes there too. catillium is not only a clear box drop BTW it can drop from any box on the run

and this was with characters that just got in the S2 requirement and WAYYYYY before bladed legacy was released

darkante
Apr 7, 2009, 10:51 PM
well in about 2 and a half hours with 2* luck both me and a friend (xbox360) ran the same universe but separate party with just our character in the run and between us we had a stack of catillium, we would reset if we didn't get the chasm entrance (the one with the door in front and the side path down to either a spawn of lapucha or kog nad with 5 boxes) and just pop the boxes ignoring the enemy's. the one with the hilde bears is a good one too as there are some easy boxes there too. catillium is not only a clear box drop BTW it can drop from any box on the run

and this was with characters that just got in the S2 requirement and WAYYYYY before bladed legacy was released

Next time i get luck 3. I test your story and compare, what´s more beneficial. =)

GUNcrazy12
Apr 8, 2009, 12:57 AM
Bladed legacy definitely works. I started doing that with 0* luck and in like an hour I had 12 catilium! Stupid luck lady, I give her 10,000 meseta, and she downgrades my luck! haha

ShonagarACE
Apr 8, 2009, 01:00 AM
Too bad luck doesn't effect getting luck.:-P

kejen
Apr 8, 2009, 02:38 AM
Bladed legacy definitely works. I started doing that with 0* luck and in like an hour I had 12 catilium! Stupid luck lady, I give her 10,000 meseta, and she downgrades my luck! haha

Exactly, that is because luck doesn't mean anything when it comes to drops.

Anyone that thinks it does, when you have 0* do a significant amount of runs and record how many walnas and/or catilium you get. Then when you get 3*, do the same.

GUNcrazy12
Apr 8, 2009, 10:14 AM
Yea, doesnt higher luck mean more frequent rare drops, but not necessarily better rare drops?

darthplagis
Apr 8, 2009, 10:21 AM
higher luck increases the drop rate of ALL ITEMS from monsters and area boxes (more drops means more CHANCE of a rare, be it vulcaline or a P wand board), clear boxes are always 100% drop, however for all the ALWAYS drop something it is not always something you want (like stelnium or wood/ash).