PDA

View Full Version : Hey How do I

SStrikerR
Apr 7, 2009, 08:21 AM
Back up my computer? My computer gets viruses like Spongebob gets water, so in an attempt to fix it, I'm installing an update, which tells me to backup my computer first. Obviously, I don't know how to do that. Any help? :wacko:

(Didn't post in tech support because I'll get a faster answer here and most likely a more "so easy a cave man could do it" response)

SabZero
Apr 7, 2009, 08:27 AM
Easiest: make a ghost (that is a one-to-one copy of the entire system, OS and all, can be put on your HD if you have the space, some programs compress it).
Usually people only backup user data, not software, by burning it onto a CD (compression is optional).

SStrikerR
Apr 7, 2009, 08:32 AM
I'm 14, damnit. :wacko: I have no idea how to do that.
Forget the backup, I'll just hope nothing goes wrong.
Thanks anyways.

UnderscoreX
Apr 7, 2009, 10:36 AM
Type toidinamai backwards.

Or buy an external HDD.

SStrikerR
Apr 7, 2009, 11:03 AM
I see what you did there.

SabZero
Apr 7, 2009, 12:49 PM
First of all, age is no excuse there. You have the internet at your disposal, and with the information (and a keyword to look for), you can learn how to do it.

If you don't want to learn it, pay someone to do it for you. Easy.

SStrikerR
Apr 7, 2009, 03:14 PM
First of all, age is no excuse there. You have the internet at your disposal, and with the information (and a keyword to look for), you can learn how to do it.

If you don't want to learn it, pay someone to do it for you. Easy.

It's not that I don't want to, it's usually that the older you are, the more common sense you have. See, you say I can use the internet. So did I, I just asked here. But if I had had more common sense like you, I would've used google instead.