PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU JP PSU longterm schedule (April - September)

EspioKaos
Apr 7, 2009, 08:49 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=878

April 2009
GUARDIANS advanced missions
The Holy Ground/R
* This will be a second stage mission, meaning that you must have earned enough AMP in previous missions to progress from first to second stage.
* Expect restrictions on swords, rifles and rods, among others!

Unsafe Passage/R
* This will be a second stage mission, meaning that you must have earned enough AMP in previous missions to progress from first to second stage.
* In this simulation, the dark contamination is so severe that it will be sucking the very life force from your body each second spent in the mission!

Security Dept. Exchange
* New items scheduled to be added include new materials, a new SUV weapon and Dizas!

Seasonal lobbies
* Spring lobby

New items
* Grom Burst
* Elec Distortion

May 2009
GUARDIANS Boost Road (also available to ver.1 players)
* The next GBR will focus around popular Parum missions. Expect a fight against the De Ragnus!

New S3s added
* New S3 missions will be added during the GBR. Expect new rare item drops with these.

GUARDIANS advanced style
* The second distribution of advanced style options will occur.

GUARDIANS Cash mission
* GC missions will differ from normal missions in that they will require you to purchase GUARDIANS Cash in order to play them. This is an optional billing feature.
* GC missions will offer bonuses such as boosted EXP payout and increased rare item drop rates.

New items
* GH 410 and 480 replica clothing sets will be released.

Seasonal lobbies
* Parum Standardization Commemoration event

June 2009
New conditional missions
* For players who have surpassed the first and second stages (in GAM), new missions with higher difficulties will be released.

GUARDIANS advanced style
* The third distribution of advanced style options will occur.

GUARDIANS advanced missions
Security Dept. Exchange
* New materials and weapons will be added.

Security Dept. Drop-off
* The next delivery point quota will be established.

New items
* Pretty Baton
* Caelum Fluge

Seasonal lobbies
* Wedding lobby
* Sonic's birthday

July - September 2009
* New large-scale event! No details so far, but from the pictures, expect an ice contamination theme. One screen shows ice SEED in Mizuraki as well as Jishagara in Vio Tonga.
* Fourth distribution of advanced style options will occur.
* New S3 free missions
* New GUARDIANS Cash mission
* New items will be added
* Holy Light Festa and fireworks seasonal lobbies
* Third anniversary event with lobby
* Security Dept. Exchange and Drop-off missions will receive new items
* New GAMs will be added.

Arada
Apr 7, 2009, 08:51 AM
At least, they know...

xzidanex
Apr 7, 2009, 09:06 AM
Pretty cool. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dizas was one of those spells people were wondering if we'd ever get right?

EspioKaos
Apr 7, 2009, 09:09 AM
Pretty cool. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dizas was one of those spells people were wondering if we'd ever get right?

Correct. Now hopefully this means Rentis will see the light of day, too.

xzidanex
Apr 7, 2009, 09:10 AM
Correct. Now hopefully this means Rentis will see the light of day, too.

Yes, that would be very nice indeed.

Inazuma
Apr 7, 2009, 09:12 AM
wow dizas is finally coming out. i cant believe it. that will help a ton when i play those R missions as FT. everything else sounds pretty good, cept the cash shop of course.

fay
Apr 7, 2009, 09:31 AM
OMG i can't wait now. DIZAS <3 <3 <3

finally a new spell to level. already get the feeling that i know how the animation changes will be though =[

which one was dizas again. was that the melee one the spell version. im pretty sure this is melee

xzidanex
Apr 7, 2009, 09:32 AM
OMG i can't wait now. DIZAS <3 <3 <3

finally a new spell to level. already get the feeling that i know how the animation changes will be though =[

which one was dizas again. was that the melee one the spell version. im pretty sure this is melee

Yeah it's the melee one.

Dhylec
Apr 7, 2009, 09:50 AM
New stuff is always good.
I see that style customizations don't stop with just a couple of updates. So chances are there will more/further in-depth customizings that aren't available now.

fay
Apr 7, 2009, 09:52 AM
this is gonna make customizing my buff wands/mag even more confusing now. i suppose i should use it solo only. use the buffs on teams and when i solo i should use megistar,dizas and rentis when it comes out

Mysterious-G
Apr 7, 2009, 10:14 AM
I am on of the persons who primary seek for new items in a RPG.
But those listed are the only ones? That is disappointing. >_>

Thanks for the list, Espio.

unicorn
Apr 7, 2009, 10:25 AM
Why cant US servers get a April - September schedule?

garjian
Apr 7, 2009, 10:32 AM
dont we already have a 410 suit? thats pretty much maydi...

Mysterious-G
Apr 7, 2009, 10:37 AM

April 2009
Regular security update

May 2009
Regular security update

June 2009
Regular security update

July 2009
Servers down due to server move

August 2009
Servers down due to problems with the server move

September 2009
Server breaks when being carried in a stairway.
A backup server with data back from MAG is launched; Error 065
One whole week of mega holy luck fortune for all races and
MAG getting extended for another month, er, year to make up for the server downtime

DuRaL
Apr 7, 2009, 10:40 AM

here's the longterm schedule for US/EU/360 server (april - september):

-Shred the Darkness
-several rollbacks
-no further updates except for seasonal lobbies!

yaaay, isn't that coooooooooooool?! ^______^

k, enough SoA-bashing (it must be frustrating for GMs to read through these forums xD)

i'm really looking forward to playing that ice purification event, it looks cool! i love ice.. =)

garjian
Apr 7, 2009, 10:44 AM
...we dont have that many rollbacks...

in the whole time ive played this game, over a year and a half now... theres been 2... possibly 3...

Arika
Apr 7, 2009, 10:50 AM
yay long term schedule, the thing that show US server never really have a plan :p

ashley50
Apr 7, 2009, 10:52 AM
yay long term schedule, the thing that show US server never really have a plan :p

True, VERY true :p

Cracka_J
Apr 7, 2009, 10:52 AM
G, you forgot the part about the air conditioners.

Arika
Apr 7, 2009, 10:53 AM
a new SUV weapon and Dizas!
I thought we would never have this!!, oh well, since I m AT..

Ethateral
Apr 7, 2009, 11:00 AM
Dizas!! X3 DIZASDIZASDIZAS!! *Faints*

fay
Apr 7, 2009, 11:03 AM
you getting dizas, i mean dizzy there ethateral lol

ashley50
Apr 7, 2009, 11:24 AM
hmmm dream on lolz.

Ethateral
Apr 7, 2009, 11:31 AM
you getting dizas, i mean dizzy there ethateral lol
Oh yes, I'm perfectly fine! 8D! <3

EspioKaos
Apr 7, 2009, 11:35 AM
But those listed are the only ones?

Not necessarily. Going by past longterm schedules, they've added other new items that weren't listed, so I'm sure we can expect plenty more than the few they show.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 7, 2009, 11:38 AM
Correct. Now hopefully this means Rentis will see the light of day, too.Oh, you.

EspioKaos
Apr 7, 2009, 11:51 AM
Oh, you.

ウフフ・・・!

One other thing that's come to mind is if Dizas will be reverted to its original form where it affected everyone within range or if it will remain exclusive to the caster. To be honest, I see it staying caster-exclusive, but multi-target change would be a nice surprise (with the potential to be a bit broken, unless the amount/percent of damage it voids is reduced).

Dhylec
Apr 7, 2009, 12:00 PM
ウフフ・・・!

One other thing that's come to mind is if Dizas will be reverted to its original form where it affected everyone within range or if it will remain exclusive to the caster. To be honest, I see it staying caster-exclusive, but multi-target change would be a nice surprise (with the potential to be a bit broken, unless the amount/percent of damage it voids is reduced).

Well, there is hope. Since there are more supplement updates, perhaps one of them will break the user-only restriction? ;]

stukasa
Apr 7, 2009, 01:09 PM
Dizas?! PM replica clothing?! ICEBREAK?!?! :eek: *sigh* NA/EU needs to catch up FASTER!

fay
Apr 7, 2009, 01:13 PM
Dizas?! PM replica clothing?! ICEBREAK?!?! :eek: *sigh* NA/EU needs to catch up FASTER!

yup. not gonna happen though

Libram
Apr 7, 2009, 01:16 PM
Huh. What do Dizas and Rentis do offline at 31 and up? I never did get up to that point.

sovalou
Apr 7, 2009, 01:26 PM
As if using Zagenga wasn't easy enough with 1 hp, this just makes GT an even better class . :D

ShonagarACE
Apr 7, 2009, 02:32 PM
a new SUV weapon and Dizas!
I thought we would never have this!!, oh well, since I m AT..

Possibly two new SUVs, if Caelum Fluge = offline Rapia Fluge.

EspioKaos
Apr 7, 2009, 02:58 PM
Possibly two new SUVs, if Caelum Fluge = offline Rapia Fluge.

Caelum Fluge is a sword.

buzyb77
Apr 7, 2009, 03:09 PM
At least, they know...

we all know what we are getting

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-L2cHkMwzOiM/isaac_hayes_shaft_live_1973/

or

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1764619/the_economic_meltdown_song_08_w_free_mp3/

ShonagarACE
Apr 7, 2009, 04:20 PM
Caelum Fluge is a sword.

Ah, thanks.

sovalou
Apr 7, 2009, 04:27 PM
we all know what we are getting

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-L2cHkMwzOiM/isaac_hayes_shaft_live_1973/

or

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1764619/the_economic_meltdown_song_08_w_free_mp3/

Ugh i think you put the US/EU servers on a higher standard than needed. If w did get that, it would be a huge upgrade to what we usually get. Cause as of right now we rarely get anything, let alone if we get it right. >_>

Aries2384
Apr 7, 2009, 05:19 PM
<sigh> Im really happy to hear about all this stuff coming out... but why can't NA/EU servers get their act together and give us a schedule of already-released stuff, like this? Its downright frustrating.

Kylie
Apr 7, 2009, 05:24 PM
Ice Break! I rarely make this face, but: X3

Zelos
Apr 7, 2009, 06:27 PM
Omg these updates sound great!!!! the real question is.....well US ever see them?

Shou
Apr 7, 2009, 06:57 PM
Since ill be busy with MF and wont really have good use for dizaz its just another tech to get to 50 :3

I only play AT when I am REALLY bored which is kinda weird cuz i used to main it but it's just too easy to max everything for AT >_>

I'm so envious of JP's updates D8<

Hey SoA! Lets skip Thanks Festa 2 and MAG+ !!! plz and thanks...

Yunfa
Apr 7, 2009, 07:51 PM
ICE CONTAMINATION?!!! Sweet mother of --- whenever that comes out before I have children, I'll be all over that mission like flies on crap.

Arika
Apr 8, 2009, 06:25 AM
Let's me extend a bit more information from the JP page :

the 2nd wave of Guardians advance styles are those that increase your base stat and status effect rate (+/-)

the 3rd wave of Guardians advance styles are the one to customize your own weapon style. It mention that this will allow players to build up unique style for each character. (I think it will be special ability that only work with specific weapon)

stormtrooperx
Apr 8, 2009, 07:42 AM
so we have to pay extra now to do some missions????????? -_-

desturel
Apr 8, 2009, 08:20 AM
Lets skip Thanks Festa 2

How about no? I would like to have a Guld and Milla and Thanks Festa is currently the only easy way to get Milla. Not to mention a second chance at Adahna Unit.

Noblewine
Apr 8, 2009, 11:33 AM
This sound cool, I can't wait to get this update.

Shou
Apr 8, 2009, 01:38 PM
It is NOT easier to get a milla in the thanks festa... Its just as fast as farming for it in Sakura.

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2009, 01:49 PM
the 3rd wave of Guardians advance styles are the one to customize your own weapon style. It mention that this will allow players to build up unique style for each character. (I think it will be special ability that only work with specific weapon)

Polearm mastery? Yes?

Hrith
Apr 8, 2009, 01:52 PM
the 3rd wave of Guardians advance styles are the one to customize your own weapon style. It mention that this will allow players to build up unique style for each character. (I think it will be special ability that only work with specific weapon)Couldn't this mean that a player would be able to add new weapons to a specific type?

Like add axes to Acrofighter...

desturel
Apr 8, 2009, 02:03 PM
It is NOT easier to get a milla in the thanks festa... Its just as fast as farming for it in Sakura.

Over 600 Cactachair tell me to not believe you. We shall see when Thanks Festa comes out.

EspioKaos
Apr 8, 2009, 02:18 PM
Couldn't this mean that a player would be able to add new weapons to a specific type?

No, it just lets types specialize in certain categories they can already use. Two examples of this given on the supplemental update mini-site are Fortefighters who are extremely proficient with axes and Fortetechers who excel at support TECHNICs. Basically, it's just a power boost to specific weapon (or TECHNIC) categories.

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2009, 02:20 PM
Hee, weapon mastery... I've been wanting this for a while now. Shame I still can't specialize in polearms and daggers, though.

Magus_84
Apr 8, 2009, 02:22 PM
No, it just lets types specialize in certain categories they can already use. Two examples of this given on the supplemental update mini-site are Fortefighters who are extremely proficient with axes and Fortetechers who excel at support TECHNICs. Basically, it's just a power boost to specific weapon (or TECHNIC) categories.

By "proficiency", would that include just a higher modifier, or stuff like speed boosts and higher-rank equippability?

Like, say...S-Rank Twin Handguns on an AT that focuses in that area, or a speed boost to Twin Sabers on Fortefighters that "major" in them?

I know I'm to the point of speculating about speculating, but I'm curious.

EspioKaos
Apr 8, 2009, 02:28 PM
By "proficiency", would that include just a higher modifier, or stuff like speed boosts and higher-rank equippability?

Like, say...S-Rank Twin Handguns on an AT that focuses in that area, or a speed boost to Twin Sabers on Fortefighters that "major" in them?

I know I'm to the point of speculating about speculating, but I'm curious.
I couldn't say for certain until they come out. As it stands from the slim details on the site, expect at least an attack power modifier. Nothing more specific than "specialize in support/recovery TECHNICs" is given for the site's second example.

Magus_84
Apr 8, 2009, 02:37 PM
I couldn't say for certain until they come out. As it stands from the slim details on the site, expect at least an attack power modifier. Nothing more specific than "specialize in support/recovery TECHNICs" is given for the site's second example.

Ok, thanks Espio.

I would guess that they'd include something like that, based solely on the fact that Sega doesn't seem to consider a class able to "master" or "be proficient" at something unless they're able to equip S-ranks.

I cite as examples:

Fortegunner's in-game description: "An expert ranged fighter with limited weapon choice. However, attack power and accuracy are unparalleled."

Fortegunner has 12 equippable weapons, tied with Fortefighter and more than Fortetecher or Protranser. It only has 5 S-ranks, though. I'd assume ST is referring to the S-ranks when it says the bit about "limited weapon choice".

Acrofighter's in-game description: "Advanced type skilled with single-handed weapons. Has very fast reflexes and can use multiple weapons."

It's only referred to as "skilled" in its single-handed weapons, but it can "use multiple weapons", which seems to refer to its two-handers.

Master classes: Can only equip S-rank weapons.

Anyway. Again, I'm just guessing here...but ST's definition of "skill" or "proficiency" with a weapon seems to refer to S-ranks. Though this will likely end up as a case of me finding the evidence to match what I want to happen and ignoring the evidence to the contrary. :/

Hrith
Apr 8, 2009, 03:15 PM
Fortegunner can use five S-grade weapon types, not four.

panzer_unit
Apr 8, 2009, 04:22 PM

It's not higher-rank equipment... given that the examples are a ForteFighter "proficient" in axes (they have S grade already) and a ForteTecher "proficient" with support techs (it's not even an equipment type).

It might just be a straight-up % damage modifier, that's a new game mechanic on several of the high-end weapons in Portable... a lot of the top-tier rare weapons do 120% or 130% damage on PA's compared to normal models.

Magus_84
Apr 8, 2009, 04:43 PM
It's not higher-rank equipment... given that the examples are a ForteFighter "proficient" in axes (they have S grade already) and a ForteTecher "proficient" with support techs (it's not even an equipment type).

It might just be a straight-up % damage modifier, that's a new game mechanic on several of the high-end weapons in Portable... a lot of the top-tier rare weapons do 120% or 130% damage on PA's compared to normal models.

That does sound plausible.

I know the example used Fortefighter/Axes and Fortetecher/Support techs, but I'm wondering if the mechanic would just be limited to Forte-types or to boosting abilities for classes that have abilities at S-Rank already. The example of Fortetecher boosting support techs makes me slightly doubt that, as one of the weapons they can use it on (Madoog) is limited to A-rank on them. If it were only the "masters", Acro would be the only one able to boost support techs.

Or something. I'm grasping here, and my own logic is tenuous at best on this. I won't submit anyone to it further til we get more concrete data.

We'll know one way or another in a few months. Allegedly.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Apr 8, 2009, 05:12 PM
I think it sucks that by the time jp server get's the 3rd anniverasy event we wont have had the 2nd event.

Neith
Apr 8, 2009, 05:20 PM
If I can make Twin Sabers more 'proficient' on Fortefighter, Fighmaster will get dropped. Fast. Here's hoping >_>

Arika
Apr 8, 2009, 09:07 PM
I think... it is more like speed boost on Axe, or increase the support tech (time or range)

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2009, 10:22 PM
We won't have any answers until the update goes live. Sega doesn't seem to like sharing information with us.

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 8, 2009, 10:52 PM
We won't have any answers until the update goes live. Sega doesn't seem to like sharing information with us.

That's not true, they share plenty of information with us (you just have to be able to read Japanese).

FOnewearl-Lina
Apr 9, 2009, 02:02 AM
It IS easier, cause the price drops to like 60m and you can buy 10 of them instead of farming them yourself :o

And they mention using these customisations to 'Time Attack' in the first GAS update, so let's just hope future TitsnAss won't consist of cast Fortefighters with speed boosts on spear and axe...

That's not true, they share plenty of information with us (you just have to be able to read Japanese).
Nuh uh, they give ambiguous statements such as 'modification of AoI monster drops' and leave the player base to figure out exactly what got changed/added, it's even worse when the only item added is synth mat junk with no other purpose than to trade for + edition weapon (Crea Doubles+ kthx).

pikachief
Apr 9, 2009, 02:14 AM
i wish dizas and rentis worked on others besides just the caster :(

Arika
Apr 10, 2009, 03:30 AM
Actually, from pcitures, just notice that it will be exactly same as the first GBR again right?
mad creature->plain overlord-> mad beast -> Endruim -> Dual sentinal?

Alecc
Apr 10, 2009, 03:31 AM
oh God i want a GBR too :( :(

WeeWardle
Apr 10, 2009, 08:36 PM
yay i can finally get some easy psycho wands with parum GBR lol but i dont think theres anything else of value unless they bring out s3 mission

Turb0
Apr 10, 2009, 11:33 PM
Am I the only one that thinks this guardian cash thing sounds kind of like ST is becoming a prostitute? i.e. They're not making enough money through subscriptions (their "legit job") so they have to start selling missions/items (kinda like PSU selling its body). idk. The rest sounds good but that's just a stupid idea imo.

Zorafim
Apr 10, 2009, 11:47 PM
Nah, everyone thinks that. Even PSUjp thinks that. I'm sure even Sonic Team themselves think that.

Shou
Apr 11, 2009, 12:34 AM
Then the post I saw a while ago lied. A reliable importer said the milla is = as hard to get durring the event D= dont remember who it was tho :/ oh well it doesnt matter anyways thanks for clearing that up!

FOnewearl-Lina
Apr 11, 2009, 04:51 AM
Then the post I saw a while ago lied. A reliable importer said the milla is = as hard to get durring the event D= dont remember who it was tho :/ oh well it doesnt matter anyways thanks for clearing that up!
Not all importers are hardcore players it could have been his honest opinion but, the fact that jigoboomas spawned right before the boss in an event mission during a population boom meant that even if you weren't lucky enough to get one to drop other people would be selling them for alot cheaper than they usually go for.

stukasa
Apr 11, 2009, 08:06 PM
Not all importers are hardcore players it could have been his honest opinion but, the fact that jigoboomas spawned right before the boss in an event mission during a population boom meant that even if you weren't lucky enough to get one to drop other people would be selling them for alot cheaper than they usually go for.
But with our much smaller population (esp. on PC/PS2), will they really be common enough to be affordable? Actually, I've never tried searching shops for one so I don't know how much they're worth right now! o.o;