PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Newcomer to JP PSU, and got a few questions

Naru-
Apr 7, 2009, 11:11 AM
After being absent from the game for a while, I feel like playing some PSU again to see if it's still fun. After some careful consideration, I've decided that I wanna try playing on the JP server, since it's an interesting experience I don't want to miss. I've wanted to try that for quite a while now, and with the AoI client being available as a download for free, now seems like a good opportunity to go ahead and actually do it. Depending on how it goes I might even reactivate my NA/EU account, but we'll see.

I'm learning japanese, but I'm not even close to being good enough to feel confident enough to approach japanese players and ask them to play. So my best bet for now is to try and look for other english speaking players to actually get some groups going. I know there are a few of you on here, so if you feel like playing with a noob, just drop me a line, and I'll try to contact you ingame as soon as I can actually get on. Obviously, playing with me would be most beneficial for you if you are new to the server or even the game yourself, or if you want to level a lower level character. But if you are a higher level player and want to exchange partner cards for when I reach your level range, that would be cool as well.

Now to the questions I have. I did some resarch and checked the board, but in all the threads about japanese PSU, these didn't get answered.

1. I know the client is free now, and that most likely you will still need a key, which costs 1000 Yen if I'm not mistaken. Do you still need to buy the key to play the free trial, like it used to be? It was mentioned in another recent thread that you don't, but the person didn't elaborate on that, so I'm not sure about it.

2. Do you need to provide an actual japanese adress when you register your account? In that case I'd probably have to fake one I guess.

3. Do you have to write your name in Kanji when you register an account? Kana would be fine, but Kanji would be a problem for obvious reasons.

Thanks in advance for any replies to my thread, and I hope to meet you ingame soon.

Edit: Thanks to the friendly mod who moved this to the general section. I didn't post it there because I thought posting a thread that is primarily intended to look for other players would be more suited for the matchup section, but this way, I might get more attention with this, so thanks again.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 7, 2009, 11:41 AM
1. I'm almost entirely certain you must buy the game key before you can play online at all.
2 & 3. Just copy and paste the example address/name they provide right next to the input box, unless you don't want to be the umpteenth Tarou SEGA that resides at SoJ HQ.

urarenge456
Apr 7, 2009, 11:46 AM
1. I know the client is free now, and that most likely you will still need a key, which costs 1000 Yen if I'm not mistaken. Do you still need to buy the key to play the free trial, like it used to be? It was mentioned in another recent thread that you don't, but the person didn't elaborate on that, so I'm not sure about it.

2. Do you need to provide an actual japanese adress when you register your account? In that case I'd probably have to fake one I guess.

3. Do you have to write your name in Kanji when you register an account? Kana would be fine, but Kanji would be a problem for obvious reasons.

Thanks in advance for any replies to my thread, and I hope to meet you ingame soon.

Edit: Thanks to the friendly mod who moved this to the general section. I didn't post it there because I thought posting a thread that is primarily intended to look for other players would be more suited for the matchup section, but this way, I might get more attention with this, so thanks again.

Well I myself am a Japanese server player, who only recently started. I however went and got the full subscription since I believe in PSU lol. Anyway onto your questions.

1. The answer is no, the free trial lets you play without a key, however it is only a 5 day free trial so not exactly worth the effort. You do pay 1000 Yen to buy the key. I even created a topic that should be very helpful to you in creating your account.

2. You are correct, get yourself a fake japanese address. All the people who are english speaking and importerted or dled the client had to do this.

3. Kanji and Katakana actually. Just create a fake name. All I did was put the same kanji and katakana in the fields twice so as far as the account is concerned I'm named like Mario.8-)

Naru-
Apr 8, 2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I got through the registration process without any major problems, and since I'm patching the game right now, I think it's save to say it all worked out pretty well.

Now I'm curious to see what the japanese server has to offer. ^^

ashley50
Apr 8, 2009, 11:20 AM
on-time updates?
large number of players?
ahead of the NA/EU servers?
an ok economy?
2 accounts for the price of 1?
and lots of JP players? 1 or 2 Stars of population?

Naru-
Apr 8, 2009, 05:43 PM
on-time updates?
large number of players?
an ok economy?

Yeah that is all part of the reason why I wanted to try it.

So far it looks good, and if it keeps up like this, chances are I'll keep playing after the trial.

SammaeltheDark
Apr 8, 2009, 06:13 PM
2 & 3. Just copy and paste the example address/name they provide right next to the input box, unless you don't want to be the umpteenth Tarou SEGA that resides at SoJ HQ.
I loved that part of the registration

on-time updates?
large number of players?
an ok economy?
okay economy? I haven't seen prices on the end game gear but man everything else is so much cheaper on JP. I was in full 10*s by level 60

milranduil
Apr 8, 2009, 06:26 PM
Bah it's really this easy? Now I'm tempted to sign up for PSU JP lol Already on PSO JP and it's not too bad.

Naru-
Apr 8, 2009, 07:37 PM
Bah it's really this easy? Now I'm tempted to sign up for PSU JP lol Already on PSO JP and it's not too bad.

It seems to be at least. I've browsed shops a bit, and saw some S ranks for < 60 k. It's definitely nothing like the US/EU servers.

WeeWardle
Apr 8, 2009, 07:59 PM
how do you sign up for the jp servers as after reading this im quite interested?

milranduil
Apr 8, 2009, 08:17 PM
It seems to be at least. I've browsed shops a bit, and saw some S ranks for < 60 k. It's definitely nothing like the US/EU servers.

Could you do me a small favor and check the prices on high % on Baji-Senbas and high grind Pushans, Psycho Wands, and Granahodoracs?

Aorre
Apr 8, 2009, 09:13 PM
C'mon! You know you want to. How long are you willing to wait for limit break?

Arika
Apr 8, 2009, 09:20 PM

Welcome to the dark side.

Naru-
Apr 8, 2009, 09:45 PM
Could you do me a small favor and check the prices on high % on Baji-Senbas and high grind Pushans, Psycho Wands, and Granahodoracs?

It seems like it's maint right now, but I'll check that out later.

NoiseHERO
Apr 9, 2009, 12:48 PM
So eh hehe just to make sure comepletely,trying this for 5 days will not come out of my wallet?

meeba
Apr 14, 2009, 02:01 PM
how do you sign up for the jp servers as after reading this im quite interested?

I was wondering the same if anyone can help. Searched and can't seem to find anything discussing this.