PDA

View Full Version : FAAARK CONSOLES AJFLFAKLSFAKLF

DreXxiN
Apr 8, 2009, 03:00 AM
I can't enter Preliminaries for WCG 2009 for Guitar Hero because you require a 360, and I use a PS3. Laaame. :(

Midicronica
Apr 8, 2009, 08:22 AM
Don't have a friend who would allow you to borrow theirs?

SStrikerR
Apr 8, 2009, 09:35 AM
Don't have a friend who would allow you to borrow theirs?

C'mon, you know the answer to that.
That sucks, though. Rent-a-console?

Cracka_J
Apr 8, 2009, 09:59 AM
Same issues with SF4 tournaments atm also.
I play on 360, bought game + $150 joystick for 360.

Because donations for the national tournament were primarily PS3, the venue for evolution was made PS3. Now all smaller tournaments and local tourneys for the game are PS3 to follow suit for the big national tournament. So if I plan on competing in that, I'll need to drop another $150 on a PS3 stick (if I can even find one...tournament edition sticks are in extremely low quantity and are selling for 250+ on ebay) or mod out a stick I have for PS2 (still around $50 if I buy quality parts - parts stores are backed up too about a month too due to massive joystick part order influx).

So yeah, I feel your pain. I really don't care about having to play on PS3, cause the game is identical, but finding another stick is gonna leave a dent in my wallet.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 8, 2009, 10:06 AM
They probably did that because more people generally have an Xbox, if they don't have both.

DreXxiN
Apr 12, 2009, 06:00 PM
I'm going to add to my rant and say that I loved Grandia II as a kid on the Dreamcast. Now I'm replaying it on Playstation 2.

WHAT THE HELL, SHITTY PORT MUCH?! God damn, it's laggy as shit, seriously. It's like...a maxed out white beast party on the PS2 all capped and casting technics in block 3...but WORSE... I am NOT fucking kidding. WOW! Granted this is limited to certain cities and dungeons but..seriously?! Dreamcast was EXTREMELY fluid! Argh.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 12, 2009, 07:24 PM
Now I'm replaying it on Playstation 2.

That's your problem right there.

DreXxiN
Apr 12, 2009, 07:51 PM
I'm not quite sure what you are implying by that. Playstation 2 is not better than Dreamcast in my opinion, but I do know it's more powerful..and I've played RPG's that look quite good on PS2 but run great.

I guess I should reiterate and say I'm playing on the 60GB Playstation 3 model, but that is the one with the hardware rendering of the older games, so it's not the PS3's fault, especially since reviews say it's laggy. My question is simply: WHYY!?!

KodiaX987
Apr 12, 2009, 08:13 PM
I'm going to add to my rant and say that I loved Grandia II as a kid on the Dreamcast. Now I'm replaying it on Playstation 2.

WHAT THE HELL, SHITTY PORT MUCH?!

Funny. On the same day that you posted, some asshole commented on a YouTube video of mine saying the PS2 port was better. :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Apr 12, 2009, 10:37 PM
Every PS2 I've played always seemed skippy and buggy. Not to mention the graphics were about on par with the other contending consoles. (GC and Xbox).

rogue_robot
Apr 12, 2009, 10:57 PM
I know what you mean on the PS2 port of Grandia II, DreXxiN. Enemies randomly not being textured (specifically, the troglodyte-type enemies are the worst offenders, and only after they've taken a hit or two), the polys for Elena's face randomly disappearing (strangely, I've never seen it happen with any other character - only with Elena, and only during the post-game scenes), and the weird sound glitches on certain spells (I'm looking at you, Hellburner!)...

I really need to get around to getting that Dreamcast of mine fixed. It's just a small problem with the door sensor - it keeps thinking the door is open...

DreXxiN
Apr 13, 2009, 01:16 AM
I know what you mean on the PS2 port of Grandia II, DreXxiN. Enemies randomly not being textured (specifically, the troglodyte-type enemies are the worst offenders, and only after they've taken a hit or two), the polys for Elena's face randomly disappearing (strangely, I've never seen it happen with any other character - only with Elena, and only during the post-game scenes), and the weird sound glitches on certain spells (I'm looking at you, Hellburner!)...

I really need to get around to getting that Dreamcast of mine fixed. It's just a small problem with the door sensor - it keeps thinking the door is open...

Yeah, mine's the same way. I have to figure out how to deal with it. *Goes back to Grandia II*. Hopefully not EVERY TOWN will be this bad, lol. XP