PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Friend with questions

Erkthemerc
Apr 8, 2009, 02:10 PM
So soon one of my friends is finally leaving wow to come play psu on the 360. I cannot say how happy I am!

Now my questions are:

(1) What should I start him off with, a large amount of money or should I let him struggle through making money to buy decent weapons.

(2) Also should I take him first thing to white beasts and help him level fast or should I take Him on a tour of the system, hitting every mission on the highest rank he can do?

(3) He wants to be a beast techer, should I explain to him the limits of this and then strongly caution against it?

I just want know what would make him have the most fun in the game from the start, I want to do every thing in my power to prevent him from getting board or frustrated in the high death/lack of damage that new char can experience.

I have played the game since a year before AotI and I have never had to introduce a person to post AotI psu, so just let me know what you think i should do.

red1228
Apr 8, 2009, 02:27 PM
1. I'd say start him off with SOME cash. Like 100k or so. That way, he can buy some decent things for his Lv 1 character but the game wont be TOO easy for him right off the bat.

2. My vote is for the tour. He can come back to spam White Blah after he's seen some of the cooler missions in this game.

3. Explain each race's "up's and down's" but if he wants to be a fuzzy wizard, then let him try it. He can always make new characters if he changes his mind.

garjian
Apr 8, 2009, 02:28 PM
1) give him advice... dont give him money...
2) what the hell is white beast? whatever it is... it sounds like a terrible mission noone should ever no again :S
3) yes...

you should start a new character with him too if possible... dont boost him through runs, or youll miss some of the best challenges PSU currently has to offer

Erkthemerc
Apr 8, 2009, 02:41 PM
I was thinking of starting a new char with him but i have already restarted my techer like 6 times and i finnaly like this version...lol.
Now I understand the lack of white beasts but it is one of the best places to level with non god weapons not that I am against the tour but I want him to get to funner levels quickly aka25ish, with a good class so he can use other weapons..
Why so little money seing as most b ranks are relitivly expensive. would it be better if i gave him the weps that he needed?

garjian
Apr 8, 2009, 02:52 PM
no dont give him stuff till he knows the game...
just advice seriously :P

and... i really dont want the entire community to spam white beast... small victories...

OldCoot
Apr 8, 2009, 03:17 PM
I would give him meseta and even some weapons, wands, sabers, rifles or whatever he decides to go with. Makes the start so much easier. If he goes techer just start out with the basics and then he can get more later. Foie, diga....

I like the idea of a tour to show him around and how to get to the missions. Get those shortcuts so he can pay to go to the lobbies right away also.

Sano
Apr 8, 2009, 04:04 PM
So soon one of my friends is finally leaving wow to come play psu on the 360. I cannot say how happy I am!

Now my questions are:

(1) What should I start him off with, a large amount of money or should I let him struggle through making money to buy decent weapons.

(2) Also should I take him first thing to white beasts and help him level fast or should I take Him on a tour of the system, hitting every mission on the highest rank he can do?

(3) He wants to be a beast techer, should I explain to him the limits of this and then strongly caution against it?

I just want know what would make him have the most fun in the game from the start, I want to do every thing in my power to prevent him from getting board or frustrated in the high death/lack of damage that new char can experience.

I have played the game since a year before AotI and I have never had to introduce a person to post AotI psu, so just let me know what you think i should do.

#1: Give him some money to start off with as well as some decent B Rank equipment. B Rank equips will last him long enough through the beginner types so that he can test out everything he is curious about. By the time he starts deciding which weapon types he likes, he can make his own investments into weaponry for his type. As for the money, new players tend to spend a bunch of their money changing up their clothes/parts when they start off. I think 200,000 meseta should hold him off on trying clothes out and some extra weaponry that you haven't already bought for him.

#2: Don't take him straight to White Beast; do the tour of the planets+lobbies. Show him how much variety there is in PSU and give him a taste of all the different types of monsters and field layouts. That should be somewhat of a reminder of the usefulness of having all his elements of Technics leveled for any type of missions he will be doing in the future.

#3: I agree with red1228 - Explain each race's pros and cons. But don't make it seem like if you aren't a certain Race you can't play certain types, like CAST Techer or Beast Gunner or Newman Fighters.

As mentioned above, you should probably start a new character to level with him so he doesn't feel weak and/or like a burden to you. This should give you a chance to level up other stuff you maybe have put off or you can try something new ^^ Hope you both have fun and he likes the game

Erkthemerc
Apr 8, 2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the advice, and I hope that he continues to play also