PDA

View Full Version : Between Xbox 360 and PS2/PC

Captain Verloren
Apr 9, 2009, 09:33 AM
Alright I'm rather new to this game online. My question is can a character you make go on either server? If I make a character on the 360 if I load the game on a PC or PS2 can I use him/her on that? Or will I need to start over and make a new one? A few of my friends and I wanted to play an online game together and I chose PSU, but I'm the only one with an Xbox and I didn't know they couldn't play on the same server as PS2 and PC.

Mysterious-G
Apr 9, 2009, 09:36 AM
The xbox360 and PC/Ps2 servers are seperated. You will not be able to play with the same characters on both servers. Sorry dude.

Captain Verloren
Apr 9, 2009, 09:43 AM
So if I try to load my character on a PC or PS2 it wont work?

Natori Di Bellisario
Apr 9, 2009, 09:47 AM
Correct

Captain Verloren
Apr 9, 2009, 10:00 AM
is there any way to trade items from one to the other server?

one more question. can I use my same account to make a character on bother xbox and PS2 even if they cant switch?

Zorafim
Apr 9, 2009, 10:20 AM
Taking a more popular MMO as an example, think of WoW's servers. A character in one server can't interact with a character in another server, at all. Exactly the same thing here, except there aren't even character transfers.

In other words, get a good PC.

Captain Verloren
Apr 9, 2009, 10:25 AM
I understand that much now, but can I use my same 'guardian license' to make a character on each server?

Zorafim
Apr 9, 2009, 10:28 AM
Ah... I actually don't know, but something tells me "no."

Captain Verloren
Apr 9, 2009, 10:30 AM
Where could I find out? it's not worth it to cancel my licence just to make another one in the same month and get charged twenty bucks in total just to allow me to change games.

Zorafim
Apr 9, 2009, 10:37 AM
Ah, you already bought an account? I'd check the server's website, see if there's a difference between a 360 account and the PC's account. If there is, you're screwed.

Captain Verloren
Apr 9, 2009, 10:41 AM
Whats the web address?

fortetoker
Apr 9, 2009, 10:42 AM
if ur gonna play on pc u should just chose a diff mmo psu isnt that great i luv it cuz im playin through my console and i dont hav a good comp but u should play wow or a diff mmo w/ ur friends especially cuz the pc/ps2 servers have an extremely low population

momonpso
Apr 9, 2009, 10:55 AM
I understand that much now, but can I use my same 'guardian license' to make a character on each server?

No sorry. Since each version is on different server you will need to have 2 separate accounts, one for PC and one for XBox 360. The only versions that share accounts and servers are the PC and the PS2. XBox 360 is run by Microsoft and PC/PS2 are run by Sega.

Deragonite
Apr 9, 2009, 11:53 AM
you cannot transfer characters, items, accounts, or ANYTHING for that matter between PC/PS2 and Xbox.

Garnet_Moon
Apr 9, 2009, 10:21 PM
The 360 GL is tied to the Gamertag and purchased through Xbox Live. The GL for PC/PS2 is purchased directly from the source.

The difference? Besides both types being incompatible with each other? Well, one of them is easy to cancel with a few simple clicks on the official website(PC/PS2 ver.), and the other is a painful hour-long phone-call trying to explain to the guy who can't speak english that you want to cancel your GL, and NOT your Gold Xbox Live membership.

Majarra
Apr 9, 2009, 10:43 PM
The 360 GL is tied to the Gamertag and purchased through Xbox Live. The GL for PC/PS2 is purchased directly from the source.

The difference? Besides both types being incompatible with each other? Well, one of them is easy to cancel with a few simple clicks on the official website(PC/PS2 ver.), and the other is a painful hour-long phone-call trying to explain to the guy who can't speak english that you want to cancel your GL, and NOT your Gold Xbox Live membership.Dont forget the 360s higher population, cheaper items, being able to play on weekends[not sure about this, sometimes i saw people how they cant play on saturday or sunday], and it can run good. Thank God they fixed the robot lag.

ShonagarACE
Apr 9, 2009, 11:02 PM
Dont forget the 360s higher population, cheaper items, being able to play on weekends[not sure about this, sometimes i saw people how they cant play on saturday or sunday], and it can run good. Thank God they fixed the robot lag.

Can't play on weekends? Yeah, that sounds realistic.

My game runs fine on PC. So... What were you talking about again?

pinkace
Apr 10, 2009, 11:15 AM
I tested PSU AoTI on PS2 and my hunter license/account from X360 was not recognized. I don't know if you need to call sega for that or not.

Gibdozer
Apr 10, 2009, 03:14 PM
If you switch to PS2 from 360 you will likely regret it, I play both versions PS2 aoti offline and 360 online, the speed and graphical difference between versions is staggering! I'm not trying to knock PS2 (I enjoy both for different reasons) but going from 360 to PS2 feels like a big step backwards.

Syndrome
Apr 11, 2009, 03:25 PM
FFXI has merged servers and right now Gamestop is selling the game and all 4 expansions for $14.99. You can get it on 360 and play with pc or ps2 players. You can also go over to your friends house and use your user name/password in their playonline viewer and play your account from their house if you wanted. If you're mainly concerned with playing with these specific friends, call the $20 you spent on PSU a loss, play the offline mode for achievements, easiest 1000 points you'll ever get, and go get FFXI. Also, FFXI comes with a free month. Not trying to say FFXI is better than PSU, but it's your best bet on playing with your real life friends.