PDA

View Full Version : a few server questions

Beefraze
Apr 9, 2009, 11:55 PM
I hope you guys can answer a few questions I have, as well as not rip my head off for having my first post be a bunch of questions, heh. But anyway, I use to play this game on my Xbox 360, it had about 2 servers full of people I'd say. How does the PC version compare in terms of players to the Xbox? My good friend says that the Japanese servers have more people, and I know it get's updated more often. But wouldn't that have all the text in Japanese, if not, is it hard to go onto a Japanese server? Thanks.

Garnet_Moon
Apr 10, 2009, 12:00 AM
Japanese server is several months ahead of the US server.

360 has exponentially more people than the PC/PS2 combined in the NA version.

To get on the JP server you must purchase a japanese copy because they use CD keys over there. We, however, do not. Hence the piracy and easy-to-fine links to the full retail game.

Beefraze
Apr 10, 2009, 12:03 AM
Japanese server is several months ahead of the US server.

360 has exponentially more people than the PC/PS2 combined in the NA version.

To get on the JP server you must purchase a japanese copy because they use CD keys over there. We, however, do not. Hence the piracy and easy-to-fine links to the full retail game.

Oh, so I'd need a Japanese version of the game, gotcha. I've been trying to figure out how to get on the Japanese servers for a while, but couldn't find anything relevant, thanks for the help. Don't suppose it happens to have much English in-game, would it?

Garnet_Moon
Apr 10, 2009, 12:07 AM
Oh, so I'd need a Japanese version of the game, gotcha. I've been trying to figure out how to get on the Japanese servers for a while, but couldn't find anything relevant, thanks for the help. Don't suppose it happens to have much English in-game, would it?

Not much, if any. And 99.99% of that is from the importers who want an english name.

ShonagarACE
Apr 10, 2009, 12:09 AM

No, the game is pretty much in Japanese, but from what people say, if you have a good handle on the game and what's what, you can get by. And getting the JP version is just a matter of downloading it, you don't have to worry about importing anything.

Beefraze
Apr 10, 2009, 12:11 AM
No, the game is pretty much in Japanese, but from what people say, if you have a good handle on the game and what's what, you can get by. And getting the JP version is just a matter of downloading it, you don't have to worry about importing anything.

Would I still have to pay for the game if I downloaded it? Or do you mean it's like a download to drive kind of thing, where I don't need to worry about shipping and such?

Garnet_Moon
Apr 10, 2009, 12:15 AM
Would I still have to pay for the game if I downloaded it? Or do you mean it's like a download to drive kind of thing, where I don't need to worry about shipping and such?

I assume the download he means is pirating it, but who knows.

Beefraze
Apr 10, 2009, 12:17 AM

Yeah, I guess I'll go back to the 360, better safe than sorry me thinks.

ShonagarACE
Apr 10, 2009, 12:19 AM

No, you can download the JP client from their official website. That seems to be how a lot of the importers here have done it. But I don't know if that costs money, or what their monthly fee is.

Garnet_Moon
Apr 10, 2009, 12:21 AM
No, you can download the JP client from their official website. That seems to be how a lot of the importers here have done it. But I don't know if that costs money, or what their monthly fee is.

Interesting. So it would seem they did make it downloadable. I've missed out on alot it seems.

http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161588

Beefraze
Apr 10, 2009, 12:25 AM
http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154902&highlight=AOTI+Client
That's the link to what you two seem to be talking about. Seems interesting, still need a key, trying to figure out how to get one of those.

ShonagarACE
Apr 10, 2009, 01:28 AM
http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154902&highlight=AOTI+Client
That's the link to what you two seem to be talking about. Seems interesting, still need a key, trying to figure out how to get one of those.

There is a way to do this too, but I'm not the one to ask. ^^;

Volcompat321
Apr 10, 2009, 01:34 AM
if im not mistaken, espiokoas helped someone out on setting everything up. i read the post maybe a week ago, but im not sure what it was called. your best bet to try to get as many questions answered is to ask espio...im sure you can find a post he's done here.

Warlock01
Apr 10, 2009, 10:44 AM
can anyone who uses the JP server give us some idea on how hard/easy it was for them to migrate over? i mean, i know all the number's are the same e.g att acc and all, but the writing is in japanese. did ye learn it or do ye still need to use a quite translator?

with the serious lack of commitment from sega towards the euro/us server its kinda daunting to keep thinking it might last for a long time more.