PDA

View Full Version : PSU Which boss do you wish back?!? Olga Flow or Falz (Original)

minimumjoker45
Apr 10, 2009, 10:52 AM
I think they should bring back olga because he was a beast on pso and he should be a beast on psu. I also want my revenge he killed me so many times it's not even funny.:argh: But i really cnt decide:-?. Falz was good because he was a punk and kept on going up in the sky but they need to bring back at least 1

unicorn
Apr 10, 2009, 10:56 AM
Vol Opt and Barba Ray.

Darius_Drake
Apr 10, 2009, 11:19 AM
Sorry, I will have to vote for Vol Opt myself.

SammaeltheDark
Apr 10, 2009, 11:25 AM
We don't need the same old bosses. We already have them in another game (PSO)
I'd rather have new content

RemiusTA
Apr 10, 2009, 11:28 AM
Vol Opt, Olga Flow, and effing Gol Dragon.

People dont understand how epic PSU bosses would be if for S3 they simply put 2 De Ragan's on the stage instead of one that still sucks but hits harder. Now, imagine a De Ragan that goes into the ground and pops back with 2 copies of itself.

Instantly Epic. PSU needs more dynamic bosses, currently its too much "wait for drop then rape in 7 seconds".

And yes, we need more PSU exclusive bosses. I would love to fight a giant SEED Flower pod with spores and vines. Or maybe a Giant quadruped machine with lazars and cannons. Maybe a sword too.

PSU bosses are too uninspired, IMO. Too "cookie-cutter". A dragon, a 2-headed dragon, an annoying flyer, and huge machines that for some reason teleport around the place instead of tanking and raping you. Also, reskins are not fun if they dont do anything new.

I dont get how PSU dragons look 10x cooler than PSO dragons, but dont do any of the cool shit the PSO ones did. I wanna see burrowing and Air-spinning. Not flying dragons with bad aim.

Zorafim
Apr 10, 2009, 11:28 AM
Ah yes, the original Dark Falz. Nothing says terror like fighting a demon of pure hatred in a room with NO BACKGROUND!!!

BEHOLD!
http://www.efkm.com/dezoris/ps_nero1.gif

RemiusTA
Apr 10, 2009, 11:36 AM
^
Rofl

Suzuka Miyamoto
Apr 10, 2009, 12:15 PM
How do you paste pictures?

NDW
Apr 10, 2009, 01:05 PM
How do you paste pictures?

Use a Web site's image's URL and paste it with the img tags.
Upload a picture to an image hosting site and paste the img code.

e.g. [img]http://www.website.com/folder/picture.jpg[/ img]

(no space between the '/' and 'img' though)

Rust
Apr 10, 2009, 01:16 PM
None of them. They were in PSO and have to stay in there.

Bring brandnew bosses instead, and ones that doesn't suck please.
ST can give the amount of HP they want to their apathetic flying pussies, they're still apathetic flying pussies.
We need more human/big mob (such as Jarba, Dilnazen...) sized bosses. Bosses that are as mobile as we are, aggressive with their attacks (with PA-like moves), and with only one fucking hitbox.

It's quite facepalm inducing to see that the last block of Military Subway S or Dark Satellite S2 is way harder than any higher-leveled boss in the game.

Mysterious-G
Apr 10, 2009, 01:20 PM
Ah yes, the original Dark Falz. Nothing says terror like fighting a demon of pure hatred in a room with NO BACKGROUND!!!

Ohhh, so that is what it wanted to say!
I had no idea because the story telling was so bad that I wondered what the hell was that thing. :wacko:

Gunslinger-08
Apr 10, 2009, 01:30 PM
Just one? GAL GRYPHON!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/bosses/galgryphon.jpg

Zorafim
Apr 10, 2009, 01:32 PM
Heh, really. You'd think the game would have ended when you killed the galaxial terror, but then it keeps on going. That's their way of saying "you didn't kill the main bad guy yet", but they never did say until PSIV why you should care about Dark Force. First game, he's just a dungeon boss that nobody knows about (though you did get to nightmare about him). Second, he's a mini-boss that's harder than the main boss of the game.

The series probably wouldn't make any sense at all if not for PSIV, I'd wager.

Gibdozer
Apr 10, 2009, 01:40 PM
None of them. They were in PSO and have to stay in there.

Bring brandnew bosses instead, and ones that doesn't suck please.
ST can give the amount of HP they want to their apathetic flying pussies, they're still apathetic flying pussies.
We need more human/big mob (such as Jarba, Dilnazen...) sized bosses. Bosses that are as mobile as we are, aggressive with their attacks (with PA-like moves), and with only one fucking hitbox.

It's quite facepalm inducing to see that the last block of Military Subway S or Dark Satellite S2 is way harder than any higher-leveled boss in the game.

De Ragan and De Rol le are both PSO bosses, should we give them back?

For me its gotta be Dark Falls I played through the ruins on DC awhile back just to see his first form again, I really miss that battle. I almost shit myself at the end of the dark god mission when I saw the monument, how disappointing was that?

Zorafim
Apr 10, 2009, 01:45 PM
If De ragan and De Rol Le are both "PSO bosses", then I agree that I don't want any other PSO bosses in PSU. I get bored out of my mind when fighting De Rol Le, yet I had a blast fighting PSO's (I was bored, servers were down or something, and I wanted that Red Sword).

Meh, comparing PSO's and PSU's bosses always depresses me. It always seems like a Jabroga fest in PSU...

Rust
Apr 10, 2009, 01:54 PM
De Ragan and De Rol le are both PSO bosses, should we give them back?

De Ragan is just a kind of dragon among others. Nothing to do with PSO's one.
But even assuming De Ragan is from PSO, then yeah, I wouldn't mind both of them being given back. Nothing good can come out of a PSU rehash of PSO's Dark Falz or Olga Flow. Like Zorafim said, that'd be a Jabroga Fest like every other boss in this game.

The only boss that was slightly challenging was Maggas Maggahna, because he sometimes went on some very agressive behaviour (even though that was all random) and could hurt really bad. But now that he's way under the level cap...

RemiusTA
Apr 10, 2009, 01:55 PM
De Ragan isnt a PSO boss. Its a PSU creature. Its just that they both have dragons.

Yeah, the only PSU boss that has any sort of cinematic feeling or extra programming outside random attacks is Dulk Falkis v2. (Meteor attack, and the camera zooms out while fighting to get an epic view of your ginormous enemy)

PSU bosses have no neat, altered camera angles or anything. They're just oversized, annoying enemies that die when i jarbroken them. We could use some more dynamic camera angles, perhaps bosses with some kind of system to defeating them. Giving them 19039103 hitboxes and a set amount of HP for us to tare through is getting old.

For instance :

De Ragan - if you deal alot of damage to its Tail, you chop the tail off.)

flying pussies - Blow their wings off, and they fight you on the ground with brute strength for the rest of the battle. Since i hate them so much i'd like to chop their arms off too. (loloolol)

Machines - Directed damage destroys directed components. Maybe you have to blow thier armor off to get to the vital parts of the machine? It doesnt really feel like we're beating the machine up if its in perfect condition all the way through the fight. We got to COMPLETELY destroy both forms of Vol Opt before it asploded. PSU robots just spontaniously go boom.

ZyphNeko
Apr 10, 2009, 02:05 PM
Yeah~, I'm also going with no. PSO was a great game and all, and it's fun to see some things from PSO on PSU, but that's 'nuff fanservice already. Besides, are you folks sure you want more PSO bosses after what happened to poor Dark Falz? ;<

I thought so.

Neko~

darkante
Apr 10, 2009, 02:47 PM
I think that some new bosses should have some kind of barrier set up so that you take real pitiful damage just to show that brute force isnīt the key.

Here is one boss for example.

You fight this creature on a beach.
Letīs say this one is for 2-6 players only.
As you would one need one person to use a special kind of weapon to weaken its shield, but the catch is that the boss would mostly just chase the person with that weapon so you gotta help this brother out and try to distract him.

If you get the weapon do its magic enough, it would temporarly disable itīs shield.
Now would be a good time to focus all your strenght on itīs weakpoint as it lies there stunned. Do enough damage and it will go into faze 2.

With the shield completely destroyed, it will try to flee over the sea. (Letīs say it flies but more like hovering over a bit over kinda like Onmagoug but a completely different type of species)
So you better get on your floaders fast or you miss your chance for boss rares.

While chasing it over the sea (image it), you have to avoid whatever hazard that floats over the water and other stuff on the road as too not wrecking your veihcle to much. If you do, it gets destroyed and you missed your chance for rares.

Not to say the boss is harmless, it can throw some kind of magic balls of fire and lightning at you and it can use a arm to pull up some seawater to make a mini-Tsunamis.

But the catch with itīs magic balls is that it can be countered back to it, everyone just need to shoot it with the opposite element to push it back. (everyone tagging it or it wonīt do anything just to promote more teamwork)
Hit back enough times will make it crash on the water and be temporarly knocked out, so now would be a good time to go closer to it with the floader..put it on standby and just shoot it alot.

If the damage is great enough, then you have beaten it.
A cinematic sequence will go and youīll see a hungry sea monster catch it just when it were trying to flee agian and then drag it down to the sea...for food. Lol :P

Well, just one of my ideas. Donīt mind me. ^^

autumn
Apr 10, 2009, 02:52 PM
No more PSO in my PSU please, its had enough and can't take it anymore. If I could I'd give all the PSO back to where it belongs. What I'd like to see are some new bosses, ones that look epic and give you a desire to fight them. Then I'd like them to live up to being a boss fight.

Gibdozer
Apr 10, 2009, 04:22 PM
If you take all the PSO out of PSU there will be nothing left. PSU takes everything great from PSO and expands on it, PSU without PSO is like building a house without a frame!

Not me I'll take a Lavis Cannon, C-bringer rifle, and some S-beats blades thank you.

Shinko
Apr 10, 2009, 04:46 PM
Olga Flow......

That's all that really need to be said.
(You should have made a poll)

Zorafim
Apr 10, 2009, 05:15 PM
Truthfully, I enjoy the fan service. What's the point of making an MMO of a series (in this case, not so massive...) if you aren't going to include anything from the original? I thought the point of them is to get that character that you love playing as, make your own customizations to him, and make him your own?

The problem, of course, occurs when they're just too different. I've voiced my opinions on PSU's newmans. They're more like WoW's blood elves than they are PS's numans.

I guess I have mixed opinions on the subject. I think a series should build on itself, and not toss away things it had previously. But at the same time, things can lose their sanctity and originality if you toy with them too much.

Powder Keg
Apr 10, 2009, 05:18 PM
Olga and Falz never really killed me too often....the idiots who decided to fire away when he has my soul, however....

hunterseifer
Apr 10, 2009, 05:27 PM
Bring them all back, I'll fight them all rawr! GIB MEH A CHALLENGE NAO!

Tetsaru
Apr 10, 2009, 05:28 PM
I'd take any new boss AS LONG AS IT'S NOT A RESKIN. Turning Dark Falz into De Rol Le is probably one of the dumbest things Segac did with PSU... -_-X

If it were me, I'd love to see a battle that had all 4 dragons AT ONCE in one large area... similar to the Gol Dragon fight from PSO. That'd be pretty fun imo... as long as they didn't all die easily, lol...

Dragwind
Apr 10, 2009, 06:30 PM
Poll added. Personally, I'd love to see an over-sized Olga Flow again. :lol:

Freeze
Apr 10, 2009, 07:55 PM
I'm going to have to agree with the no people and say no more PSO bosses, PSU has butchered enough of them already. If you want to fight those bosses fire up BB or your GC. Lets have some new never before seen bosses that make you go wow that was actually fun when you finally beat them. And by finally I mean bosses that make you work, bosses that leave your character bleeding and half dead crawling away from the battle field. Bosses that are worth fighting. Is that too much to ask?

Zanesfield
Apr 10, 2009, 08:00 PM
i would have to say either the gal griffion or vol opt because they were both coll but i like the vol opt music more

Gibdozer
Apr 10, 2009, 10:41 PM
I'm going to have to agree with the no people and say no more PSO bosses, PSU has butchered enough of them already. If you want to fight those bosses fire up BB or your GC. Lets have some new never before seen bosses that make you go wow that was actually fun when you finally beat them. And by finally I mean bosses that make you work, bosses that leave your character bleeding and half dead crawling away from the battle field. Bosses that are worth fighting. Is that too much to ask?

I agree we do need some new boss meat, but I for one wouldn't mind rehashing a few old foes. Like all the other PSO content it would be optional.

I really don't see a basis for complaints about old content unless it's being forced on you. Don't like weapons, bosses, levels integrated from PSO don't use, fight, run them. If it bothers you that other people do/would take advantage of this extra content then maybe its time to unplug for a bit.

autumn
Apr 10, 2009, 11:12 PM
I don't know. If I wanted PSO I'd play PSO. I haven't been impressed with much that I've seen that is PSO based and c'mon, we've had an event dedicated to the PSO fanservice (see MAG) and our rare missions with some of the best non-event payouts are based on the PSO stages (and those are just the missions, which if you want to get everything out of the game are hard to avoid). I'd be less bothered by all of this if it didn't seem like with the release of AotI that SEGA was trying to keep PSU running with the PSO nostalgia. I'd like to see PSU stand a bit more on its own before seeing some more PSO slapped on it.

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 10, 2009, 11:12 PM

I agree, but you know what the big thing here is? If a hard boss, a really epicly hard tear inducing boss comes along, EVERYONE will bitch and it'll get nerfed. Our player base is full of whiners and players who don't want to work for anything.

I can mail every person on my partner card list and say "lets go run bladed legacy a few times" and 90% of them will say "Nah, it's too hard, I'm running WB"

This game has bred laziness and easy-mode into players. Why go somewhere that has slightly better drops or experience or mission points when you can run 3 runs of WB in the same time, stock up on WB's rares, sell them, and BUY anything you want?

I do agree though that we need more unique and difficult bosses. As for my vote, if I had to pick one, I'd vote Olga Flow.

Zorafim
Apr 10, 2009, 11:21 PM
Difficulty isn't the issue. It's required skill. Seems that the harder the boss is, the more trimates and jabrogas I have to use to beat it.

That being said, I have to admit that Mother Brain I'm actually satisfied with. You can dodge her attacks if you're quick enough, and she requires some skill and planning to attack her. Of course, this could just be the 20 minute fight I had with her when I tried fighting her 20 levels lower than her.

InfiniDragon
Apr 10, 2009, 11:41 PM
First fight of Olga was the most epic thing ever...the music, the scenario, his tactics, all godlike. I'd kill for those sorts of fights in PSU.

Difficulty isn't the issue. It's required skill. Seems that the harder the boss is, the more trimates and jabrogas I have to use to beat it.

That being said, I have to admit that Mother Brain I'm actually satisfied with. You can dodge her attacks if you're quick enough, and she requires some skill and planning to attack her. Of course, this could just be the 20 minute fight I had with her when I tried fighting her 20 levels lower than her.

Nah, I don't think it's just you. I fight MB solo and it's actually challenging, it's refreshing every now and then.

Rust
Apr 11, 2009, 06:39 AM
I can mail every person on my partner card list and say "lets go run bladed legacy a few times" and 90% of them will say "Nah, it's too hard, I'm running WB"

Anytime. I solo'd it yesterday with my lvl 116 Beast WT and it wasn't even hard.
Well, OK, I was on A, but next time I do it on S and I don't think it will be much more difficult.
All I needed was a stack of Photon Charge, a light Card Regas (not even at 21), a wand with Resta/Reverser, a bugged safe spot, and I was set to build my Invincible Nano. I wasn't even carrying a single Scape Doll and got S nonetheless. <_<

darkante
Apr 11, 2009, 07:09 AM
You have to be a little bit on your toes for S2, but other then that.
Itīs just the regular beat them up shit.

Just restock when the need rises. Itīs there for a reason.
And Scape dolls to spoil ya.

Gibdozer
Apr 11, 2009, 03:59 PM
Honestly I miss the old PSO, drop your meseta and equipped item when you die. Now that kept people on their toes, scapedolls mean nothing when you just lost your loot and favorite weapon! I can see why they took it out, but I miss that element of risk in the game it really put the focus on skill!

elshagan
Apr 11, 2009, 04:45 PM
Honestly I miss the old PSO, drop your meseta and equipped item when you die. Now that kept people on their toes, scapedolls mean nothing when you just lost your loot and favorite weapon! I can see why they took it out, but I miss that element of risk in the game it really put the focus on skill!

Mmh, damn I loved that aspect... Gave me some use for the bank meseta feature... XD Unlike now when all my PM does with meseta is to hold whatever Meseta I get from my shop... But loosing your fav wep? Nah, maybe do so you lose a grind on it like lets say you have an S wep with 6/10 n when you die you lose 1 grind on it like from 6/10 too 5/9 n so on... Now that would make me think twice atleast... XD

Sano
Apr 11, 2009, 06:19 PM
I was thinking maybe they should do something along the lines of "Boss Team-Ups" (couldn't think of anything cool :-?). I for one think if a couple of different bosses teamed up on us, keeping track of both their patterns would be a tad challenging. For instance, getting to the end of a mission and fighting:

Adahna Degahna (fix the dumb space in his back already :-x) AND Magas Maggahna.

De Rol Le x2 or De Rol Le + Dark Falz. (Even the 2nd forms too :D)

Alterazghog x2 (I don't play WB much at all but, I would if we could fight two of these at once :D)

Also, maybe even instead of bosses, they could put mass amounts of Mini-Bosses (mix-ups as well would be awesome) :

Svaltus x3 + Zamvapas x3 , Rygutass x6.... I think you all see where I'm going with this :D