PDA

View Full Version : Im new what is the best class and race?

Skippy
Apr 11, 2009, 05:59 AM
what should i pick to get the most out of this game?

Alecc
Apr 11, 2009, 06:01 AM
no matter what anyone else says, if you wanna be strong cast or beast fortefighter and then fightmaster, or fortegunner and then gunmaster is the way to go.
techs are pretty, but not strong.
hybrids may be fun to some people, but not strong.

Macras
Apr 11, 2009, 06:01 AM
what you find comfortable of course!

Aeris
Apr 11, 2009, 06:04 AM
Depends on what you like to do in the game, if you want to be a techer, go for a newman, if you want a figher that does good damage, go for beast then, if you like to gun down enemies, be a cast, if you want to be balanced, be a human.

Skippy
Apr 11, 2009, 06:06 AM
o yea im on my friends pso-world account sooo the sig is wrong

darkante
Apr 11, 2009, 07:20 AM
If you really want to be a powerhouse i suggest either Cast/Beast race.

Cast gets the really cheap SUV attacks like Sturm Attack and Paradi Cataract that can put a big hurt on all enemies in a wide range whenever the lower bar sparkles.
Also, Cast have the highest accuracy so they miss the least of the bunch.

Beast have their transformation that can do a big amount of damage to smaller groups.
Lower accuracy, but that can be helped with a good Hit unit.

But i´ll say, play whichever you feel that can have more fun with.
Every race is capable to complete missions with relative ease either way.

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 11, 2009, 09:34 AM
If you've got a ton of free time to level skills and don't mind putting hundreds of hours into nothing but leveling skills, make a Cast Gunmaster. Very strong type and it will remain strong in future updates.

If you want to be strong quick, play a cast fighmaster. While it's harder to get really good weapons and it ends up a very expensive class to play, you'll do more damage faster in it. The only problem is that in a future update months ahead fighmaster is getting it's two strongest PAs reduced in strength.

Teching is pointless now unless you want to die alot, be viewed as a portable refillable trimate, and deal less damage than everyone. I love teching but it's not good yet.

Will_Nonheim
Apr 11, 2009, 09:41 AM
Try Newman Fighmaster, CAST Masterforce or Beast Gunmaster! :D

There is no "best" class and race. If anything what you can look into is what skills you'd like from a character. Are you a melee type, a gunner type or a magic user type in general? Then, what type of use for these weapons would you like to make? Depending on all of that, each class may have its fortés, and you might want to use a specific race accordingly to this.
That said-- if you really, really don't know what to go for, then go generic- Human. You won't shine in any of the classes, but you're not going to suffer from your race being geared towards specific classes. Besides, with that human character, you can learn what you like, and then make a second character of another race to properly go for what you like.

ashley50
Apr 11, 2009, 11:29 AM
try each race and use your own judgement on which class suits you best.

PACHI
Apr 11, 2009, 11:49 AM
no matter what anyone else says, if you wanna be strong cast or beast fortefighter and then fightmaster, or fortegunner and then gunmaster is the way to go.
techs are pretty, but not strong.
hybrids may be fun to some people, but not strong.

Techs are fun, and will be the strongest with our supplemental update in a few months. some JP players were doing 2400+ damage with Zonde (wich pierces throug enemies, or hits multuple enemies in other words). youll want a newman/Masterforce. But if you want too do damage now, go for a beast fighmaster. You like guns? Use Cast gunmaster.

pinkace
Apr 11, 2009, 11:07 PM
i disagree with anyone who says casts and beasts do the most damage. clearly you need to play with a 150 force with maxed out techs, or as I like to call it, the room cleaner/fun killer. watch him/her cast a massive megiverse followed by nosdiga and after everyone is dead, you find you have been shooting cadavers and unless you bring a shotgun you pretty much won't get any EXP.

moral of the story: a force can be the most powerful player in a room if played by someone who knows what he/she is doing.

Rexob
Apr 11, 2009, 11:11 PM
"Best" is highly subjective, but I think most would agree that Gunmasters either Beast or Cast seem to be a top pick among many.

SearingSorrow
Apr 11, 2009, 11:39 PM
i disagree with anyone who says casts and beasts do the most damage. clearly you need to play with a 150 force with maxed out techs, or as I like to call it, the room cleaner/fun killer. watch him/her cast a massive megiverse followed by nosdiga and after everyone is dead, you find you have been shooting cadavers and unless you bring a shotgun you pretty much won't get any EXP.

moral of the story: a force can be the most powerful player in a room if played by someone who knows what he/she is doing.

I agree with you on all of this except the Megiverse thing. Megiverse gets interrupted so easily, and takes awhile to actually start doing damage. That tech isnt worth it at all.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 11, 2009, 11:47 PM
I agree with you on all of this except the Megiverse thing. Megiverse gets interrupted so easily, and takes awhile to actually start doing damage. That tech isnt worth it at all.

It's actually pretty good if you're an MF duoing with a PT. Just have the PT drop an EX freezie as you cast, and watch the numbers rack up!

DreXxiN
Apr 12, 2009, 12:39 AM
Until a year or so, Cast Fighmaster. Gunmaster *sometimes*

darkante
Apr 12, 2009, 01:45 AM

I guess they can be powerful, but it´s not that often i see one remotely decent force.
As spells is more situationel unlike Gunner which is only a element change so they require more dedication.

But all i usely see is one spamming either Diga or Foie on a group or spamming Ra-spells on single targets doing pitiful damage. And Guntecher using Megistar and rarely Giresta

Can´t say that is giving me a fair vote, so i go with the things i do know is good.

But if you guys say the suplemental update will make them the strongest, i guess i believe you. =P
It should be that way seeing how fragile they are in general.

Macras
Apr 12, 2009, 03:06 AM
Actually, Techers can do some good damage, its just most of the ones you run into (forces, guntechers) arent planning on staying as techers most of the time (excluding newmans usually) so you dont often see actualy techers. i rarely even run into a AT with buffs over 30.

Orlando
Apr 12, 2009, 03:47 AM
Well, you can create 4 characters so you should create one of each
when you get bored using 1 you can change to another.
I like to use beast fighmaster because they make a lot of damage, but with the next update they'll be weaker. Of couse, if you know how to use your character you'll always make a lot of damage whatever you are =)

Gibdozer
Apr 12, 2009, 10:27 AM
what should i pick to get the most out of this game?

I agree try several classes, see if you favor melee, range, or spells. Just make sure to try Acrofighter if you decide on a melee class. Acrofighter is godlike, especially effective if you dual wield or run solo a lot.

If you stick with the game awhile you will eventually level multiple job types within your class. It's not uncommon for someone who favors melee, range, or spells to max out all/many of the related job types.

unicorn
Apr 12, 2009, 10:56 AM
Who ever said techers are strong must be on something.

Techers can't hit multiple boxes. Soon Diga and Foie will, but thats pretty much only strong against Lighting and Ice enemies.

Someone also mentioned that Zonde might be able to hit in the 2400 range. Thats NOTHING. A lvl 150 GM can hit 1800 with a 41+ Laser, at a faster rate (and thats with the old stats, JP has a 180 cap and buffed GM as well).

Techers don't have any light techs, except regrants, and thats useless because techers already have low HP. They also don't have powerful techs like Foie/Diga/Nosdiga in the Foie/Barta/Megid series. There is no penetrating techs for Foie/Diga. There is no Nos tech for Foie/Barta. There is no damtech for Zonde.

And they have the worst stats.

RemiusTA
Apr 12, 2009, 11:27 AM
What is the best class and race?

CAST GUNMASTER.

(burns cast supremacy symbol in your yard)

pinkace
Apr 12, 2009, 11:51 AM
Well, you can create 4 characters so you should create one of each
when you get bored using 1 you can change to another.
I like to use beast fighmaster because they make a lot of damage, but with the next update they'll be weaker. Of couse, if you know how to use your character you'll always make a lot of damage whatever you are =)

thast what i did; FF beast, FG cast, FT newman, and my human is experimenting at the moment with figuner :p will probably chaneg to AF soon.

PACHI
Apr 12, 2009, 12:04 PM

Nicely said. Highly agree...

Sexy_Raine
Apr 12, 2009, 03:53 PM
CAST GUNMASTER.

(burns cast supremacy symbol in your yard)

^
This

You wanna abuse the best? Then go right ahead, though a non-Cast Gunmaster can still abuse a lot. If you feel GM takes too long to raise, then go right ahead and abuse Fighmaster. Cast Jabroga whores + SUV to your fullest.

Kismet
Apr 12, 2009, 07:37 PM
Be Newman and go Fighmaster. It's the best! :rolleyes:

Suzuka Miyamoto
Apr 12, 2009, 08:30 PM
☻/
/▌
/ \ I am BOB i will rule the world! 2010

Btw humans are the best for anything.
Newmans are epicfailures at fighting.

ShonagarACE
Apr 12, 2009, 08:50 PM
☻/
/▌
/ \ I am BOB i will rule the world! 2010

Btw humans are the best for anything.
Newmans are epicfailures at fighting.

If you don't know how to play, you're an epic failure at anything.

However, if you have a clue, you can make any combination work decently enough.

unicorn
Apr 12, 2009, 08:53 PM
If you don't know how to play, you're an epic failure at anything.

However, if you have a clue, you can make any combination work decently enough.

You can make any combination work decently.

However, anything melee or range, any race is good (with slight preference to Beast and CAST). Techer should only be played by Newman for stats (otherwise you'll just be mediocre at it).

And you need skill to play decently too.

PACHI
Apr 12, 2009, 09:11 PM
Who ever said techers are strong must be on something.

Techers can't hit multiple boxes. Soon Diga and Foie will, but thats pretty much only strong against Lighting and Ice enemies.

Someone also mentioned that Zonde might be able to hit in the 2400 range. Thats NOTHING. A lvl 150 GM can hit 1800 with a 41+ Laser, at a faster rate (and thats with the old stats, JP has a 180 cap and buffed GM as well).

Techers don't have any light techs, except regrants, and thats useless because techers already have low HP. They also don't have powerful techs like Foie/Diga/Nosdiga in the Foie/Barta/Megid series. There is no penetrating techs for Foie/Diga. There is no Nos tech for Foie/Barta. There is no damtech for Zonde.

And they have the worst stats.

With a good laser cannon yea, maybe a 5/x love inferno. The 2400+ damage was with a pushan7/7 and lvl 1 LB. It can do 3100+ damage with a 10/10 pwand and level 2 LB on zonde (20% elemental boost along with the other 20% boost from the Pwand wich is another upgrade). Maybe even 3500 with a hizeri / concentrate, but that would be too slow, anyways...

Edit: Regrant has the best knockback effect

Naru-
Apr 12, 2009, 09:23 PM
You can make any combination work decently.

However, anything melee or range, any race is good (with slight preference to Beast and CAST). Techer should only be played by Newman for stats (otherwise you'll just be mediocre at it).

And you need skill to play decently too.

When I played on the US/EU server, the best techer I played with on a regular basis was a beast, and she was far from mediocre.

About the main question here: I'd recommend picking your characters race for style/looks/whatever. Just play what you wanna play and then pick a class that suits your playstyle and you'll be good. I did that and ended up with a Newman Fighgunner, and I also tried other melee classes, and loved it.

If you absolutely have to go for numbers, everything about that has been said already. The most powerful combinations when it comes to stats are pretty obvious anyway.

One thing that I think hasn't been mentioned in this thread so far is this: This game is so ridiculously easy, it really doesn't matter much what you play. You will own everything anyway.

unicorn
Apr 12, 2009, 10:03 PM
With a good laser cannon yea, maybe a 5/x love inferno. The 2400+ damage was with a pushan7/7 and lvl 1 LB. It can do 3100+ damage with a 10/10 pwand and level 2 LB on zonde (20% elemental boost along with the other 20% boost from the Pwand wich is another upgrade). Maybe even 3500 with a hizeri / concentrate, but that would be too slow, anyways...

Edit: Regrant has the best knockback effect

Just because you play techer, doesn't mean you should be delusional. Techers are going to be weak until they can hit multiple targets (and no, 2 targets isn't that impressive).

When I played on the US/EU server, the best techer I played with on a regular basis was a beast, and she was far from mediocre.

You know, I've been told I'm a pretty good CAST techer. I know some good Beast and CAST techers. Sadly, 800-1000 TP is a HUUUGE disadvantage. Newmans are only behind by 300-400 ATP for Fighmaster.

I had a capped CAST FT in the day, but I deleted him.

BUT. My current lvl 106 CAST MF15 with a lvl 46 diga on a Psycho Wand 2/10 hits for roughly 2060 on ground enemies. A lvl 68 Newman MF 4 with a Halarod and lvl 30 Diga hits for about 2040. And this was yesterday. I can post pics if I run with my friend again.

PACHI
Apr 13, 2009, 10:51 AM
Just because you play techer, doesn't mean you should be delusional. Techers are going to be weak until they can hit multiple targets (and no, 2 targets isn't that impressive).

Hey psychologist, it is when ur doing almost 10k per cast. Not to mention that LV 2 LB gives you a third hit. So yes, they can hit multiple targets with very good damage.

Kismet
Apr 13, 2009, 11:18 AM
GO NEWMAN FIGHMASTER NAO! It's epically awesome and dazzling! You'll be cool, have loads of friends, and nobody will be able to touch ur dmg numbars! j00 shall be leet and elite with yo mad pwnin skillz

Btw, I'm being sarcastic. <_< We do have our usual idiots out there, so I thought I'd make sure that was known. Good day.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 13, 2009, 11:22 AM
GO NEWMAN FIGHMASTER NAO! It's epically awesome and dazzling! You'll be cool, have loads of friends, and nobody will be able to touch ur dmg numbars! j00 shall be leet and elite with yo mad pwnin skillz

Btw, I'm being sarcastic. <_< We do have our usual idiots out there, so I thought I'd make sure that was known. Good day.

RAWFLECOPTERLOL! No waiz d00d ets teh Newman/Protranser! ZOMG checkz out mah l33t trappin skillz ons teh yutube! Its set to My Chemical Romance OMG Gerard Way is sooooooooooo hawt!!!!

Of course I had to jump on the bandwagon. The strongest class and race is all up to you. Its how you play each race and utilize each class. But we all know the strongest in the Gurhal System is Cirno.

Akaimizu
Apr 13, 2009, 11:32 AM
And how many times has the ridiculously easy, no matter which you play has been said? And how many times has the elitists listened to that? For the first, I'll say 50+ times realistically; for the latter, I'll say nearly one.

Kismet
Apr 13, 2009, 06:48 PM
Just go Kismet race/Kismet class. It's called Supreme Lady Overlord. That's what I did, and now I'm awesome. ;)

Randomness
Apr 13, 2009, 06:55 PM
And how many times has the ridiculously easy, no matter which you play has been said? And how many times has the elitists listened to that? For the first, I'll say 50+ times realistically; for the latter, I'll say nearly one.

The only time you have any chance of having trouble is solo, against something with unpleasant resists. (For instance, the armed servants on Neudaiz... when you're playing FT) It should be noted that by trouble I mean "Takes forever to kill", not "Is killing me left and right". If you go solo into a S2 at the minimum level, then you might die.

Majarra
Apr 13, 2009, 07:22 PM
Well. The best setups in the game now are, CAST fortefighter, CAST Fighmaster, CAST Actotecher, CAST protranser, and CAST gunmaster. But the best class and race is your favorite race and class.

GeekRuler
Apr 13, 2009, 09:40 PM
Human Protranser :3

Makes good use of a human and you get to use all the cool weapons the kids like. :D

Unit D79
Apr 14, 2009, 01:15 AM
just go either cast or beast.
casts can call in super gattling guns or lazer weapons of doom, even toilet seats if you get lucky enough.
while beasts goes all hulk smash on everything.

im pretty sure thats a good enough over simplification of things