PDA

View Full Version : What NOT To Do.

Leviathan
Apr 11, 2009, 05:42 PM
From my experience at Subway, I have brought to you a list of things that you should never do. If you have done one of these things before; shame on you!

Number One: Don't Talk on The Phone
If you really want to piss someone off do this. This makes it really hard to make your sandwich, especially when you're enthralled in the conversation that you are having to realize I'm asking you what next you want on your sandwich. Alright, you wave me away and I go on to the next customer, cool beans. What? Now you're mad at me for skipping you? Oh why don't you just-

Number Two: Take Off Your Gloves
I have no problem with this most of the time. [Ex. Allergic to certain foods or religious reasons.] But if I just made a VEGGIE sandwich and you tell me to take off my gloves before I make your VEGGIE sandwich then yeah, I think I may be a little miffed.

Number Three: The Line is Not You Bedroom
I don't want to see two people make-out [and that's just putting it mildly] while I make you a sandwich. Does it inconvenience you? Yes. Does it inconvenience me? Yes. Someone got really mad at me because I interrupted them.

...It's even worse if it's someone you know. :disapprove:

Number Four: No.
No, I will not date you. Please don't look at me like that! You're 30. I'm 16. What's that? Age is just a number? Help me, poliiiice! ):

Number Five: "No You're Wrong!"
Sandwich- $5.00
Chips and a Drink- $2.29.
Taxes- [Insert state tax here.]
Price- Don't yell at me if your sandwich is over the amount you thought it was. Did you add the taxes? No? There's the problem!

Number Six: Leaving Behind a HUGE Mess
I KNOW you know that you put your trash on the floor. It's is not hard at all to walk it to the trash. If your that lazy please do everyone a favor never leave your house. Ever.

Number Seven: Rude/Mean/Assholish Co-Worker
I only have a problem with one. He made fun of my "lack of arm muscle/ weak", he claims that I am helpless, and incompetent. He's been working there for 3 weeks. :argh:

Okay.
I'm done.

Kent
Apr 11, 2009, 05:50 PM
...So do you get older men asking you out a lot, or something?

Nitro Vordex
Apr 11, 2009, 05:59 PM
...So do you get older men asking you out a lot, or something?
Age is a number and a hole is a hole.

To be blunt.

Powder Keg
Apr 11, 2009, 06:00 PM
If people are on the phone, I simply ignore them most of the time, unless it has to do with the person I'm helping. It doesn't really bother me, but it is rude.

"Get a room" violations bug me sometimes.

Vanzazikon
Apr 11, 2009, 07:52 PM
...What kind of guy makes fun of girls because of the lack of arm muscles?

Oh wait, I know that answer.

Shadowpawn
Apr 11, 2009, 08:16 PM
Age is a number and a hole is a hole.

To be blunt.

Pedobear would be so proud of them.

SabZero
Apr 12, 2009, 03:28 AM
From my experience at Subway, I have brought to you a list of things that you should never do. If you have done one of these things before; shame on you!

I have no problem with this most of the time. [Ex. Allergic to certain foods or religious reasons.] But if I just made a VEGGIE sandwich and you tell me to take off my gloves before I make your VEGGIE sandwich then yeah, I think I may be a little miffed.

Ah, I was a customer that asked the girl to change gloves once. But I had seen her grab several meat stuffs, and that's just not my thing, see. I reckon the person couldn't know whether you had handled meat or not prior.... I know I'm paranoid about getting animal juices in my food, egh.

Edit: about the other examples, people do that?! Making out etc. wow. That's just rude yeah. In the EU we don't have the tax problem because by law the shop is obligated to put final prices on their price list.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 12, 2009, 03:50 AM
Number Eight:

If there's a huge line behind you, don't call your wife/husband/kid at home because you forgot the stuff they want on it! >:@

AC9breaker
Apr 12, 2009, 05:52 AM

lmao, I would love to get the reactions of people who make those kinds of requests at my job and how we work. Actually I have, and they mostly all respond the same way. I tell them tough luck, we don't use gloves here; then they get all mad, leave, then come back next week and order regardless of if I'm using gloves or not. FYI, I handle money and also prepare foods.

Good Thread, A+ will read again.

biggabertha
Apr 12, 2009, 09:13 AM
When you work and deal with the general public, you'll always get these kinds of people.

I work in a Chinese Take Away that doesn't deliver. You can already see so many problems right there when people from large cities come to the small, rural town for a Chinese where they have to pick up the food themselves.

Probably the biggest thing I'm annoyed with is when a customer taps, drums his/her fingers or fidgets audibly with their effects or their mouth as if to say: "Hurry up" to me when I serve them.

People waiting in line are even worse - always demanding things to hurry up then when it's their turn to get served it's: "Uhmmmmmmmmmmmm..... where's your menu? I forgot what I wanted" or "Finally, now let me call my wife/husband to see what we want to eat tonight - wait, what are you doing? I'll only be a second, don't serve anyone else!"

Peoplez...

FYI, I handle money and also prepare foods.

I do this as well - the people who are so fussy over cleanliness are almost always the ones that have been raised on totally clean environments. Sure, it's nice to be clean and all but in the kitchen/serving place, it's just not practical at all to have to WASH your hands with anti-bacterials or wear and remove gloves all of the time.

You want your food a certain way without meat/MSG/peas/spice/salt/sugar/garlic/ginger/prawns/carrots/rice/beansprouts/noodles/onions/egg..? Go cook it yourself at home if you are deathly allergic to any ingredient we handle - if you don't like something, pick it out - just because we're excluding something like veg from a predominantly veg dish does NOT mean you will get more meat and even moreso if you don't want the sauce that goes with it.

(People wanting an Egg Fried Rice with no egg, no salt and no MSG are basically asking for crispy boiled rice...)

Leviathan
Apr 12, 2009, 10:34 AM
Ah, I was a customer that asked the girl to change gloves once. But I had seen her grab several meat stuffs, and that's just not my thing, see. I reckon the person couldn't know whether you had handled meat or not prior.... I know I'm paranoid about getting animal juices in my food, egh.

Edit: about the other examples, people do that?! Making out etc. wow. That's just rude yeah. In the EU we don't have the tax problem because by law the shop is obligated to put final prices on their price list.

If your a vegetarian I don't have a problem with it. It's just the ones that want me to change my gloves after I made a veggie sandwich.

Number Eight:

If there's a huge line behind you, don't call your wife/husband/kid at home because you forgot the stuff they want on it! >:@

Yes times infinity!

AC9breaker
Apr 12, 2009, 10:51 AM
@biggabertha Yeah seriously. I work at a Pizza parlor and it totally impractical for us to where gloves when serving customer when you get like 20 orders in 5 minutes each with their own toppings. It's pretty annoying that when people come and order a slice they like to say, "Cut me a big slice!" and then what? Screw the other person with a small slice and charge him the same as you?

We also do the same thing, no delivery. But! People can call up and place their order for pick up so they don't have to wait as long. But what absolutely erks me the most is when I tell people 20 minutes or 30 minutes and they show up in 5 assuming their food is already ready. A lot of the times it's people who send someone and then they call. So I kind of understand, but understand that you're not the only persons order I'm working on.

@Levi, have ever just flat out told them no?

beatrixkiddo
Apr 12, 2009, 11:23 AM
@biggabertha Yeah seriously. I work at a Pizza parlor and it totally impractical for us to where gloves when serving customer when you get like 20 orders in 5 minutes each with their own toppings. It's pretty annoying that when people come and order a slice they like to say, "Cut me a big slice!" and then what? Screw the other person with a small slice and charge him the same as you?

We also do the same thing, no delivery. But! People can call up and place their order for pick up so they don't have to wait as long. But what absolutely erks me the most is when I tell people 20 minutes or 30 minutes and they show up in 5 assuming their food is already ready. A lot of the times it's people who send someone and then they call. So I kind of understand, but understand that you're not the only persons order I'm working on.

I've had someone call up with an order 5 sandwiches and tell me he was on his way (the street he said he was on is one block from my store). I also have had a customer call and order just one and show up a minute later for it. Would it really kill you if there was a line at Subway at 6pm?

CrimsomWolf
Apr 12, 2009, 12:24 PM
I always had an obsession about cleaning up after myself (as I think that I'm incredibly messy), so I don't think I ever left a real mess in the restaurant.

Also, I thought that rule where shops/restaurants etc, had to add taxes to final price was universal. Then again, I was never outside of Europe. Here, It's sort of natural.

People making out in a fast-food waiting line? Seriusly?

No, that does it. I'll be washing dishes. Or maybe something else, if I ever take up a job before finishing studies. (which is not possible right now due to country I'm in).

Ketchup345
Apr 12, 2009, 12:30 PM
Also, I thought that rule where shops/restaurants etc, had to add taxes to final price was universal. Then again, I was never outside of Europe. Here, It's sort of natural.In the States (at least mine), all prices shown are pre-taxes. The only exception is gas, final price must be shown.
I wish all prices had to be post tax, but then that would be awesome and make sense, wouldn't it?

CrimsomWolf
Apr 12, 2009, 12:40 PM
Makes me think of that article, in which British journalist published his venture in U.S
I recall one U.S policeman said to him (regarding an argument about one law) that "you don't need common sense when you have law"

And as we know, law can be faulty (only in Europe, most people ignore it.)
Partially because of this, and seemingly absurd ways of doing things in U.S, people around here tend to disregard "common American" as backward conservative creep and asshole.

Sorry 'bout that :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Apr 12, 2009, 01:13 PM
"you don't need common sense when you have law"

This made my day. :lol:

Gunslinger-08
Apr 12, 2009, 03:21 PM
"you don't need common sense when you have law"

It's times like this where I'm truly ashamed of some of my fellow countrymen...

Nitro Vordex
Apr 12, 2009, 04:27 PM
No kidding. :lol:

Kent
Apr 12, 2009, 04:53 PM
People making out in a fast-food waiting line? Seriusly?
I don't know about other people, but Quizno's gets me pretty hot and bothered.

Leviathan
Apr 12, 2009, 05:20 PM

Nope, I should try it and explain it to them. Not only that but the people who touch meat also touch the vegetables. There is no way to escape it.

I don't know about other people, but Quizno's gets me pretty hot and bothered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LQpRQh2KSQ

I can totally see why! :lol:

CelestialBlade
Apr 14, 2009, 10:24 AM
Sadly the experience doesn't change much as you go through different jobs. Human selfishness and ignorance will do that.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 12:34 PM
You know what pisses me off even more...

Mr. Important who walks into the Starbucks and thinks hes the boss of the world. Yeah, Subway was my first job... I never did get people making out, but I got all of the other crap. Ugh, not fun.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 14, 2009, 12:36 PM
Sadly the experience doesn't change much as you go through different jobs. Human selfishness and ignorance will do that.

However, say in a stereotypical office job you got that cubicle, so you can make out and work in private. And you don't really need gloves there unless you're printer mechanic or cleaner.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 12:46 PM
That's why you need to become a business owner and tell people to "shut the hell up." My life-long dream is to open up a, ehh, not small, but not big music store. If they don't like my quality of service then they can leave. Of course, when your the peons of the workforce you can't really do that. We all gotta shake our heads 'yessir' before we can get what we want.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 14, 2009, 12:54 PM
Sometimes too long. For my mother it took most of my childhood (meaning parent-child problems/arguments are already aplenty) and a Gallbladder.

My father still works under someone, but from what he told me, he can at least shut down other people's vacation plans. Kinda offices Darth Vader.

Moral? Don't work in bank if you want to have good relations, with kids and keep all your organs.

Nah, I'll start in newspaper, maybe some quiet, non-descriptive business company (once I finish university). At some point I'll fund my own corporation. And then I'll full fill my dream of creating largest mega-corporation on Earth making everything from nukes to toilet paper. Seroiusly, being mega-corporation CEO was second on my priorities list since I was 7.

It's awesome. Now you can phone to some director and ruin his live. Or buy out the firm where your old bully works and fire him.

*Serious mode back-on*

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 12:58 PM
Jeez, when I was a kid i wanted to be a cowboy...

I still have no clue what I'm going to do, but right now I'm managing time slots at a local banquet hall while I go to school. The jobs not that bad when your boss is a total badass like mine. Haha.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 14, 2009, 01:05 PM
It always get's me embarrassed when I hear about high-school/college students having job. Because I know that as long as I continue to study in the country I'm in, I can't get one due to low knowledge of local language. Not that I'd be exited to work around here, considering extremely messed up work ethic.

Sure, I am a bit messy and lazy. But when I do something, I try to do it right. And not to dig a grave for my friend to get five weeks off in the middle of season.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 01:10 PM
Nah, when your in school your primary goal is to get an education. I'm just trying to pick up a few extra dollars so I'm not completely broke when I get out. Hah

CrimsomWolf
Apr 14, 2009, 01:22 PM
Hey you think others want to be?

My motivation comes from fact that I hate being dependent on my parents for... well most of things. While I do respect them, at parent-child levels, I do dislike them personally (my mother at least) which naturally makes me uneasy about being dependent on them.

Oh wait, this topic is not supposed to be about this...:wacko:

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 01:29 PM
Oh shit, what is it about mothers that make us dislike them? My mom is a control freak!

Yeah, I do see what you are saying though. It is rough going through schooling and coming out with no cash... You gotta do what you gotta do. If I were in harder classes now there would be no way I could work.

EDIT: I should probably leave before I kill this topic with my offtopicness. Haha

Sol_B4dguy
Apr 15, 2009, 07:57 PM
I need to add this:

Number Nine:

Yes, I can see you little shits trying to steal from the slushy machine. Don't be surprised when I charge you for one, and don't blame me if your parents make you pay for it.