PDA

View Full Version : Question about forces?

minimumjoker45
Apr 12, 2009, 12:51 PM
Ok, what i heard was that when you are a newman and your a fortecher you cast faster but when ur a masterforce, they cast even faster and cast even faster when they have a har/quick is this true or no?:-?

ashley50
Apr 12, 2009, 12:58 PM
Ok, what i heard was that when you are a newman and your a fortecher you cast faster
False

but when ur a masterforce, they cast even faster
Master classes has speed boost, its like an Acro Class...kinda

and cast even faster when they have a har/quick is this true or no?:-?
True

minimumjoker45
Apr 12, 2009, 01:02 PM
alright thx thats all i wanted to kno

darthplagis
Apr 12, 2009, 02:19 PM
it WAS true to a degree when the halarod was king :P LOL

as its newman only and has a quick unit in built.

but other than that it just sounds like white beast rumor mill (being uninformed childish and down right crazy)

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 12, 2009, 02:29 PM

but other than that it just sounds like white beast rumor mill (being uninformed childish and down right crazy)

Since when? Halarods don't have a quick unit built in...

PALRAPPYS
Apr 12, 2009, 02:35 PM
Since when? Halarods don't have a quick unit built in...

Someone's smoking.

Warlock01
Apr 12, 2009, 02:42 PM
ncreased casting speed

Acrotechers and Masterforces have a faster casting speed than other types.

Gunmasters and Masterforces PP consumption is increased by 20%.

so if you really need to be masterforce while a lower level, then do, but actotecher is better IMO.

darthplagis
Apr 12, 2009, 04:46 PM
halarods have ALWAYS increased casting speed just it does not stack so if you have a unit that does it on your armour then u dont notice.

i suppose you have never noticed the armour that does this either??

hell drudge through the old posts when fire break was out, even the moatoob GBR people knew of this.

or just ask people who have played since day 1. (i started online with fire break but had PS2 JP on release)

hewitt
Apr 12, 2009, 06:51 PM
lolk.

Chuck_Norris
Apr 12, 2009, 07:14 PM
I've played since christmas of 2006, and I'm sure that Halarod has NEVER had a boosted casting speed.

stormtrooperx
Apr 12, 2009, 07:28 PM
If ur spells are not 31+ don't even bother with masterforce

darthplagis
Apr 13, 2009, 12:11 PM
I've played since christmas of 2006, and I'm sure that Halarod has NEVER had a boosted casting speed.

can a newman go try this and see if it is still in the game? i did it around the 1UP cup when i still had my old account. take off all speed items and try a halarod then try another rod and see if there is a difference, if i remember right its the same as a me/quick and is more noticeable on the GI spells, my friend who did this with me also noted that your rod goes up faster with the halarod (i stood with his gaozaron rod and he used the halarod side by side, i know lag and general latency would make our images different but then we switched to make sure).

as for the armour that was supposed to have it i really cant remember its name, i think it was the one from the boxes on rainbow beast

PACHI
Apr 13, 2009, 12:54 PM
can a newman go try this and see if it is still in the game? i did it around the 1UP cup when i still had my old account. take off all speed items and try a halarod then try another rod and see if there is a difference, if i remember right its the same as a me/quick and is more noticeable on the GI spells, my friend who did this with me also noted that your rod goes up faster with the halarod (i stood with his gaozaron rod and he used the halarod side by side, i know lag and general latency would make our images different but then we switched to make sure).

as for the armour that was supposed to have it i really cant remember its name, i think it was the one from the boxes on rainbow beast

just tried it... Nothing

darthplagis
Apr 13, 2009, 02:13 PM
well it used to........ im gonna have to make a newman and try myself :(

Cracka_J
Apr 13, 2009, 02:27 PM
halarod has never had any casting bonus.
someone fed you that one.

ThEoRy
Apr 13, 2009, 02:27 PM
well it used to........ im gonna have to make a newman and try myself :(

No, it never did. If that was true everyone would've worn that gear and skipped the quick unit in favor of a sori tech charge.

PACHI
Apr 13, 2009, 02:59 PM
No, it never did. If that was true everyone would've worn that gear and skipped the quick unit in favor of a sori tech charge.

Exactly...:yes:

darthplagis
Apr 14, 2009, 04:51 AM
that is EXACTLY what i did b4 i got banned for the grinder glitch.

thats how i know. i could have sworn it was on psu pedia or here in the item DB

Ruru
Apr 14, 2009, 10:39 AM
more rumors... this is as bad as the dark beast dual wielding axes or riding in a tank or whatever that rumor was -_-. halarod does NOT have a quick unit built in. i've already tested this when i heard rumors over a year ago. the animation might look faster but all techs come out the exact same speed regardless of what rod you use.

if anyone believes this bad rumor, go test it yourself and you'll see no difference. :\

ThEoRy
Apr 14, 2009, 12:06 PM
that is EXACTLY what i did b4 i got banned for the grinder glitch.

thats how i know. i could have sworn it was on psu pedia or here in the item DB

I'm sorry but your memory is very clouded on this one. There is no combination of weapon and armor that would increase casting speed to even half of what a me quick can do. And the Halarod adds nothing to this equation. I remember an A Rank armor that slightly adds a tiny speed increase but it is nowhere near enough to warrant dropping a quick unit in favor of a sori tech charge.

Elley
Apr 14, 2009, 03:46 PM
If ur spells are not 31+ don't even bother with masterforce

I'll completely disagree.

Play whatever you want.

cwTopCat
Apr 14, 2009, 08:56 PM
I'll completely disagree.

Play whatever you want.

Yea, you can disagree and play whatever you want. But it is sorta pointless and dumb to be a Masterforce if most of your techs are not atleast 31+. It would be better to just be an AT if most of your techs are under lvl 30. AT has more HP,evp,def, higher buff techs, and only alittle less TP.

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 14, 2009, 10:22 PM
Yea, you can disagree and play whatever you want. But it is sorta pointless and dumb to be a Masterforce if most of your techs are not atleast 31+. It would be better to just be an AT if most of your techs are under lvl 30. AT has more HP,evp,def, higher buff techs, and only alittle less TP.

Yeah but show me an idiot anywhere that will moan until the MASTERFORCE buffs them.

People think intrinsically that if you're an AT you MUST buff them.

cwTopCat
Apr 15, 2009, 12:11 AM
Yeah but show me an idiot anywhere that will moan until the MASTERFORCE buffs them.

People think intrinsically that if you're an AT you MUST buff them.

Let them moan and don't buff them, lol. Ignore them and use Megistar on yourself. Yea, people will think you are a crappy AT, but people will also think you are a crappy MF if you are attacking with lvl 1~20 Techs. Atleast if you are an AT you have more defence/hp and the option to support the party if you want.

Elley
Apr 15, 2009, 03:27 AM

Nope. Not really.

If you plan on being a masterforce in the end you might as well just level it up. This game is so damn easy it doesn't matter how much dmg you're doing or what you're stats are. Have fun playing whatever you want. The melee will do all the damage anyway. /shrug

I love it when people pretend like PSU is actually like a REAL mmorpg. Get over it, folks. Playing this game with ANY class is pie.

cwTopCat
Apr 15, 2009, 11:11 AM
Nope. Not really.

If you plan on being a masterforce in the end you might as well just level it up. This game is so damn easy it doesn't matter how much dmg you're doing or what you're stats are. Have fun playing whatever you want. The melee will do all the damage anyway. /shrug

I love it when people pretend like PSU is actually like a REAL mmorpg. Get over it, folks. Playing this game with ANY class is pie.

I never said or think that "PSU is like a REAL mmorpg". And yes, the game is easy if you have any kind of sence. I just was trying to give some advice to help make things go more smoother. Which is that its better to lvl up your techs to 30 on an AT then switch to MF. It doesn't take that long to get techs to lvl 31 if you know what you're doing. Anyway...you can do or be whatever you want, it doesn't matter to me. Its your money and time. But, when/if I see a MF in a party using lvl 1~20 techs I lol, I just think its silly.