PDA

View Full Version : Overall which game you prefer?!

minimumjoker45
Apr 12, 2009, 01:16 PM
Let's take a vote, which game is better overall PSO or PSU?

Randomness
Apr 12, 2009, 01:18 PM
Wrong place for this. *looks for an FKL'd pic just in case*

Mysterious-G
Apr 12, 2009, 01:22 PM
Where is the 3rd option?
I want to vote for
[s]goddamnn we already had enough of these fu**ing bull**it threads and cannot take them anymore, will you guys finally get that?!?!?! and I am not serious, lol.[/spoiler-box]

minimumjoker45
Apr 12, 2009, 01:23 PM
there is no third option..only 2
psu or pso lol

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 12, 2009, 01:25 PM
PSU. Everything good about PSO has been ported to it anyhow.

ashley50
Apr 12, 2009, 01:25 PM
this will not end well...

james_b
Apr 12, 2009, 01:26 PM
PSO. I like PSO boss fights more than PSU's.

fay
Apr 12, 2009, 01:31 PM
PSO. all though iv played PSU well over the amount of time i played PSO the days i had on PSO were better.
Bosses were actually a challenge to beat.
None of the bosses were reskinned.
A very little amount of enemys were reskinned. each area had different looking creatures.
you had to actually be a high level to do some levels and even with that you would still struggle in some cases.
rare items were.....rare
the levels werent just some 15 minute thing. they took hours.

there are loads other other point which i wont go over. i only played offline though. im sure if i played online then this would be far above what i think of it now. saying that. i solo most of PSU aswell

Zorafim
Apr 12, 2009, 01:36 PM
Once PSU gets ported to four different systems, I'll let you know.

minimumjoker45
Apr 12, 2009, 01:36 PM
yea now i think of it psu has more expansion than pso but pso is longer missions harder bosses and was just fun

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 12, 2009, 01:51 PM
PSO. all though iv played PSU well over the amount of time i played PSO the days i had on PSO were better.
Bosses were actually a challenge to beat.
None of the bosses were reskinned.
A very little amount of enemys were reskinned. each area had different looking creatures.
you had to actually be a high level to do some levels and even with that you would still struggle in some cases.
rare items were.....rare
the levels werent just some 15 minute thing. they took hours.

there are loads other other point which i wont go over. i only played offline though. im sure if i played online then this would be far above what i think of it now. saying that. i solo most of PSU aswell

Bosses were no more a challenge to beat than PSU unless you talk about Falz or Flow.

Barba Ray was a reskinned De Rol Le / Dragon, Sil Dragon, Gol Dragon? Open your eyes. Plenty of reskins.
As for enemies being reskinned boomas were EVERYWHERE. They may have looked different and had different names, but they were all Booma AI

A two person team could run anything in that game at Level 80.

The honestly rare items were rare. Same with the items in PSU. Things that are meant to be really rare are.

Stages in PSO HARDLY took hours. I could play through Episodes 1 and 2 in about 3 hours tops.

Suzuka Miyamoto
Apr 12, 2009, 01:56 PM
Psu is A epicfailure

Pso better

minimumjoker45
Apr 12, 2009, 01:57 PM
Psu is A epicfailure

Pso better

i agree and disagree
PSU is not a failure to me but PSO is better

autumn
Apr 12, 2009, 01:59 PM
If PSO is so much better to everyone why isn't everyone playing it and not PSU? >_> <_< I played some of the offline PSO and I can't say that I enjoyed it anywhere near as much as I enjoy PSU.

ashley50
Apr 12, 2009, 02:01 PM
If PSO is so much better to everyone why isn't everyone playing it and not PSU?

Good Point...

R3volver
Apr 12, 2009, 02:17 PM
pso is like 10 years old and has a massive following. any online rpg with any effort released today would get the fame of psu which was never much from the start and probably wouldnt have nearly as many people without the pso name backing it and 360 newbs.

pso was a vision that took tons of effort back then to make. psu took hardly any brain power in relation i think. i also think they cut a lot of corners and it shows. pso was designed to be a killer app to push the dreamcast.

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 12, 2009, 02:27 PM
pso is like 10 years old and has a massive following. any online rpg with any effort released today would get the fame of psu which was never much from the start and probably wouldnt have nearly as many people without the pso name backing it and 360 newbs.

pso was a vision that took tons of effort back then to make. psu took hardly any brain power in relation i think. i also think they cut a lot of corners and it shows. pso was designed to be a killer app to push the dreamcast.

Doesn't change the fact that the combat system, cutscenes, plotline, and all around gameplay of PSU is leagues ahead of PSO.

If PSU had any amount of advertising whatsoever it'd be thousands of times more popular than PSO.

Neith
Apr 12, 2009, 02:28 PM
A two person team could run anything in that game at Level 80.

The honestly rare items were rare. Same with the items in PSU. Things that are meant to be really rare are.

Hmm, I disagree on those points. There's very few truly rare items in PSU (Milla, Love Inferno and Red / Knight are all that spring to mind). Compared to PSO, it's not many. As for the Lv80 comment; I'd honestly like to see 2 people get through Phantasmal World #4 in Ultimate (would have to be on GC since Lv requirement for Ult Ep2 was higher than 80 on BB if I remember correctly). You'd probably struggle to hurt Del Lilies at Lv80, and Ill Gills were strong enough to take out Lv150+ characters if you got caught.

As for which is better...I had more fun in PSO, but after playing it again recently it feels old. So I guess I play PSU because it feels better but I honestly don't find it as fun as when GC/BB had a larger population.

Randomness
Apr 12, 2009, 02:31 PM
If PSO is so much better to everyone why isn't everyone playing it and not PSU? >_> <_< I played some of the offline PSO and I can't say that I enjoyed it anywhere near as much as I enjoy PSU.

Because the official PSO servers were all shut down, stateside at least. (The alternative I can't talk about) Theres a good, constant 600-700 people on BB at any given time though.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 12, 2009, 02:33 PM
PSO was fun and all, and even though sometimes it SEEMS better, go back and play it now. Since we've played PSU, we know PSU is better and PSO just isn't as good. If you truly do prefer PSO, then by all means, play it!

Randomness
Apr 12, 2009, 02:37 PM
Hmm, I disagree on those points. There's very few truly rare items in PSU (Milla, Love Inferno and Red / Knight are all that spring to mind). Compared to PSO, it's not many. As for the Lv80 comment; I'd honestly like to see 2 people get through Phantasmal World #4 in Ultimate (would have to be on GC since Lv requirement for Ult Ep2 was higher than 80 on BB if I remember correctly). You'd probably struggle to hurt Del Lilies at Lv80, and Ill Gills were strong enough to take out Lv150+ characters if you got caught.

As for which is better...I had more fun in PSO, but after playing it again recently it feels old. So I guess I play PSU because it feels better but I honestly don't find it as fun as when GC/BB had a larger population.

That's nothing. I'd like to see two level 80s try to clear Desert on Very Hard. I sincerely doubt they could even do that without dying often. (Though to be fair, Ep IV is a step above I+II in enemy strength)

Also, the bosses in PSO are entirely unique, barring alternate forms in Ult. (And even then, they tend to have new moves-like Sil Dragon's spiral burrowing) You can argue that Gol Dragon and Barba Ray are mere reskins, but their patterns are drastically different. Barba doesn't stay on the raft long enough for more than a combo or two. Gol Dragon has elemental breath, and the oh-so-painful clone. (My god that is a nightmare in C-mode)

Speaking of which... C-mode. (Yes, I know JP just got something similar).

Also, PSO has so so so many more unique weapon designs than PSU. It's not even close.

I will concede that PSU is much more fluid in combat-though it has the advantage of being made years later. PAs also add some much-needed flash to melee.

Mostly, I'd say PSO edges out PSU. (For now, I'm definitely going to come back when US gets the supplement)

Also, where's the OT/FKL move? I'm surprised this is still in PSU gen.

minimumjoker45
Apr 12, 2009, 02:39 PM
exactly

Randomness
Apr 12, 2009, 02:43 PM
PSO was fun and all, and even though sometimes it SEEMS better, go back and play it now. Since we've played PSU, we know PSU is better and PSO just isn't as good. If you truly do prefer PSO, then by all means, play it!

Played BB this morning. Still as fun as ever. (Yay easter egg!) I'm probably going to resub PSU this week for Shred.

I still say PSO is better.

Mysterious-G
Apr 12, 2009, 02:47 PM
I tend to say that PSU is better than PSO in a direct comparison.
But PSO was better back at the time it was released than PSU when it was.

Ceresa
Apr 12, 2009, 02:49 PM
Because the official PSO servers were all shut down, stateside at least. (The alternative I can't talk about) Theres a good, constant 600-700 people on BB at any given time though.

Where were these 600-700 people on the official servers? Except for the FREE to play beta there never that many concurrent players on official Blue Burst. The game was sooooo good but not 8$ a month good apparently!

You see 600-700 on a FREE pirate server and think it's evidence PSOBB is popular, I see it as evidence that the majority of current PSOBB players are freeloading Maple Story-esque teenage dipshits that can't afford the better game.

darkante
Apr 12, 2009, 02:51 PM
No, not these again topics again for teh 1 millionth time! I answer with..nada. Nyah!

PALRAPPYS
Apr 12, 2009, 02:51 PM
Played BB this morning. Still as fun as ever. (Yay easter egg!) I'm probably going to resub PSU this week for Shred.

I still say PSO is better.

See, this is the point I like. When people actually DO something about their opinion. You like PSO more? At least you play it. I just hate it when people go out and say, "pso wuz betr" and still play PSU all the time and don't play PSO.

R3volver
Apr 12, 2009, 02:57 PM
Where were these 600-700 people on the official servers? Except for the FREE to play beta there never that many concurrent players on official Blue Burst. The game was sooooo good but not 8$ a month good apparently!

You see 600-700 on a FREE pirate server and think it's evidence PSOBB is popular, I see it as evidence that the majority of current PSOBB players are freeloading Maple Story-esque teenage dipshits that can't afford the better game.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

On a serious note though. I refused to pay to play PSOBB because I was full of myself back then and I thought that there were better games ahead which there were. I played Earth & Beyond which was like PSOBB in space. Pretty graphics and just plain fun like BB. But that all ended and there hasn't been a challenger since and now im left in the cold regretting not playing PSOBB on official servers but there is a free server as stated that very popular. I dont like their community. But it's good. I want official so I can play it happily rather than gayly with"Maple Story-esque teenage dipshits"

Sexy_Raine
Apr 12, 2009, 03:22 PM
IMO, PSO's system was better. Weapons was better, and each class was unique. PSU threw that in the garbage where there's no point being trying to be a unique class/race. Multi-classing a crap, should've never been invented. Give me one good reason why I waste my time with Fighmaster on someone other than my Cast? There is none. PSO's race system was much better. A Ramarl can be played very differently from a Racast.

Though PSU does some good. I like being able to strafe, and the camera system is better.Weapon brands is interesting. Enemy variety is better, though most bosses are pathetic. Customization for looks is better. I like the better elemental system, though the bullet leveling sucks, it's nice once you get pass it. I like how guns don't need to do that stupid PSO combo anymore, you just shoot. Though the soft hit/hard hit for guns could easily be put in PSU by using strict time frames for each shot.

darkante
Apr 12, 2009, 03:29 PM
I kinda wished too that PSU bosses had more attacks and maybe higher ATP as to make them not a cakewalk.

Something that can pull out "much difficulty" and "alot of effort" and "worthwhile rewards" at the same time and raise the defence on them so you just do pitiful dmg if you donīt stun it or other methods.

cApNhOwDy
Apr 12, 2009, 03:48 PM
PSO >>>>> PSU

R3volver
Apr 12, 2009, 03:51 PM
This is like a slap in the face doing it in the PSU section. PS0 did one thing though. It shows that Sega knows that we wants more PSOseses.

fay
Apr 12, 2009, 03:53 PM
when i said PSO was better i mean that in comparison of when PSO has its first two years and this games first two years.

i admit that i feel PSU has a lot more smoother combat system which some of you might still argue on.
on behalf of what you said id love to see any two lv 80 characters beat ep 1 and 2. as a follow on you said you could do all of ep1 AND 2 in 3 hours. bullshit. i used to run solo most of my time. i solo'd as a force lv 160 odd. in the ruins it would take me about 3 hours itself. maby two and a half and my equipment was rather good.

on the rare item things. sure. as neith said there is milla which is probably thee rarest thing on PSU at the moment i think which can be found (before anyone mentions that 2headed ragnus).
even though milla is such an incredibly hard item to get even attempt to compare that to a psycho wand for example in PSO and id find well over 50 millas before one of those probably.

im not trying to cause an argument here. i just feel that your way over exaggerating in which you speak....type

fay
Apr 12, 2009, 04:02 PM
personally i think the question should have been.
if SEGA put servers for PSO up again and charged the same amount as PSU would you go back to PSO or stay here.