PDA

View Full Version : Anything special about the Promoto/Promote Weapons?

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 12, 2009, 04:04 PM
Topic.

Libram
Apr 12, 2009, 04:19 PM
I saw the Soda Promote gains something like 12PP per tick. That's a pretty good amount, and I'm betting other Promote weapons will have enhanced PP Regen as well.

fay
Apr 12, 2009, 04:27 PM
im sure they do. even SEGA them selfs said that these weapons are purely meant to be used to leveling your PAs. Overall you will probably do more damage with these that your normal weapons. its just that killing things will take a lot longer :/

Chuck_Norris
Apr 12, 2009, 05:56 PM
im sure they do. even SEGA them selfs said that these weapons are purely meant to be used to leveling your PAs. Overall you will probably do more damage with these that your normal weapons. its just that killing things will take a lot longer :/

Promote. Not Stec weapons.

fay
Apr 12, 2009, 06:10 PM
my mistake there. Ignore my last post =]

autumn
Apr 12, 2009, 06:19 PM
I don't think there is anything too interesting about promote weapons aside from being a relatively easy way to get decent % S ranks on your palette (if you're lucky of course :wacko:)

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 12, 2009, 06:36 PM
my mistake there. Ignore my last post =]

Will do

beatrixkiddo
Apr 12, 2009, 07:41 PM
☻/
/▌
/ \ BOB

That has what to do with the topic?

The Promote weapons are decent enough for free (well, almost free) equipment. They'll be a nice easy way for new players to break into the Master types.

Spartan Law
Apr 12, 2009, 09:17 PM
Soda Promoto = Best Looking Long Sword. Easily. Not some Sephiroth wet dream... Repca's have shiny stats but looks wise they just don't do it for me.

Alnet
Apr 13, 2009, 01:32 AM
Doesn't their description say something about them grinding especially well, or something like that?

From the way it looks on a few of them, that's probably what it is.

LuigiMario
Apr 13, 2009, 08:50 AM
All this talk about weapons and the guy being an Emerald reminds me of the Emerald Weapon from FFVII. And the other weapons.

Yunfa
Apr 13, 2009, 09:12 AM
Soda Promoto = Best Looking Long Sword. Easily. Not some Sephiroth wet dream... Repca's have shiny stats but looks wise they just don't do it for me.

Psh, you wouldn't say that if you had a couple of 42%+ repcas

Zyrusticae
Apr 13, 2009, 09:39 AM

Considering how long it takes to get just one, and considering the odds of getting one at such a percentage, and considering even then the cost and odds of grinding one to a decent level...

...Yeah, forget it. I'll stick with my cheap, easy-to-find S-ranks, thank you very much.

Neith
Apr 13, 2009, 11:24 AM
Realistically you don't even need 42% anyway. I use 2 Repcas, a 22% and a 24% and I do enough damage as it is.

Soda Promoto looks awesome though; I've always liked how the A-Rank Tenora swords looked. Promote weapons are a great way for people to break into the Master classes, and a lot of them actually have really respectable stats anyway (combined with high PP regen). I know I'll be getting a lot of them, and I already have decent pallettes for my Master classes.

Spartan Law
Apr 13, 2009, 12:01 PM

I have a very shiny Bil De Axe but that thing is still fugly as sin :)

I'm not saying I wouldn't WANT some high % high grind repcas....Just saying that if I had them and some glitch caused them to look like a better looking sword I'd be even happier ^^

I'm hoping I get fluky and get some nice % Promotes, couple grinds and I'll be a happy enough bunny!

Suzuka Miyamoto
Apr 13, 2009, 12:14 PM
People who use over 5 50% weapons are mostly jerks and weapon power freaks.

And that sword repcas is over rated like the psycho wand.

My friend let me borrow his 8/8 psycho wand.It was cool but my 10/10 Okarods do just has much damage.

Same thing with the repcas compared to my 8/10 Svalus sword.

ThaiSoup
Apr 13, 2009, 01:47 PM
This thread really derailed, I'm not even gonna touch all the previous stated stat fallacies. Anyhow, I've only seen the Soda Promoto being reported with an extra PP tick. Also its 900 ATP 305 ACC at +5, compaired to its 843 ATP, 287 Base.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Apr 13, 2009, 03:58 PM
People who use over 5 50% weapons are mostly jerks and weapon power freaks.

And that sword repcas is over rated like the psycho wand.

My friend let me borrow his 8/8 psycho wand.It was cool but my 10/10 Okarods do just has much damage.

Same thing with the repcas compared to my 8/10 Svalus sword.you bang your head or something?
1. With a comment like that its people like you that are the jerks, getting jealous over someone who has 50% gear.
2. That psycho wand will do more damage than that crappy okarod.

PACHI
Apr 13, 2009, 04:02 PM
i see nothing special with this first wave... 2nd and 3rd wave will be exciting though

ShonagarACE
Apr 13, 2009, 04:56 PM
you bang your head or something?
1. With a comment like that its people like you that are the jerks, getting jealous over someone who has 50% gear.
2. That psycho wand will do more damage than that crappy okarod.

But hey Suzuka is the best technic player of all time, man.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 13, 2009, 06:26 PM
But hey Suzuka is the best technic player of all time, man.

AH HA!!!! You can't beat that logic