PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way of getting this game for PC?

R3volver
Apr 13, 2009, 01:55 AM
im looking into trying this for pc since someone uses my 360 all the time. should i torrent the game and buy a subscription? i see on amazon they dont even sell this game new anymore for pc so i would have to entrust some other people on amazon to buy a new copy from. how is the best way to go about doing this? If I buy the game I get a free trial right?

Deragonite
Apr 13, 2009, 02:02 AM
there is no free trial. If you buy/torrent it, buy/torrent Phantasy Star Universe Ambition of the Illuminus. Do not buy Phantasy Star Universe unless you want episode 1's offline story plot.

You only need the disc to install the game. Once you install the game, the disc is almost useless since you don't need the disc to play PSU. The only use I can think of is reinstalling PSU, or installing PSU on different computers.

Though I don't encourage torrenting, hopefully the above information helps you decide.

ShonagarACE
Apr 13, 2009, 02:32 AM
I found a new copy of AoI at my local GameStop. So if you can leave your house this might be an option.

R3volver
Apr 13, 2009, 02:54 AM
I found a new copy of AoI at my local GameStop. So if you can leave your house this might be an option.

lol, I'm outta here. Enjoy your shithole.

ShonagarACE
Apr 13, 2009, 03:01 AM
lol, I'm outta here. Enjoy your shithole.

Enjoy being a dick to strangers on the internet. :-)

EndlessAxis
Apr 13, 2009, 03:04 AM
well since this thread is about getting the game.. I was wondering
inorder to play online via PC do you need both PSU and AOTI
or just AOTI?

ShonagarACE
Apr 13, 2009, 03:09 AM
well since this thread is about getting the game.. I was wondering
inorder to play online via PC do you need both PSU and AOTI
or just AOTI?

No, you can just buy AOTI. The only reason to get the original is if you really want to play episode 1 story mode offline.

EndlessAxis
Apr 13, 2009, 03:48 AM
No, you can just buy AOTI. The only reason to get the original is if you really want to play episode 1 story mode offline.

Thanks, you just saved me 20$ ^___^