PDA

View Full Version : AotI drop rate

x_seraph_x
Apr 13, 2009, 12:05 PM
So instead of running white beast like everyone else, I've been running SEED Express with the same group for a few days now. So far I've seen 4 or 5 Rattlesnacs, 3 Ank Butis, a few Neddle Cannocs and a Yiel Line. Now out of a party of 5 to 6 all this has gone to the same player. I don't want to sound like Im complaining. Im just a bit curious. I mean what are the odds!?

Ok I'm done. You can now begin your tirades of insults and how i should just shut up and play the game.

darkante
Apr 13, 2009, 12:07 PM
Luck and nothing else. And btw..blablalbla! There is my insult. xD

Yunfa
Apr 13, 2009, 12:09 PM
What is it set to, set in order or random?

afterthoughtz
Apr 13, 2009, 12:10 PM
Actually, i have the same luck, i run in a party between 3-4 players how are good friends, however if a "certain someone" is in the party the rest of us dont get any good drops, only him, however, if he's not in the party evrything goes to me:) No complaints but its really not fair imo, but i do my best to share it but its weird.

EDOT: Also is dosent matter if the drops are set in order, give finder, or random...
It always goes to either me or him

unicorn
Apr 13, 2009, 12:11 PM
Sounds like my luck.

x_seraph_x
Apr 13, 2009, 12:19 PM
What is it set to, set in order or random?

Its always set on in order, but i have the feeling in wouldn't matter. This guy just has awesome luck.

darkante
Apr 13, 2009, 12:28 PM
Set on Order is corrupt from what i know.

Thatīs why i always have Random, that one is trustworthy to say the least.

Dymalos
Apr 13, 2009, 12:31 PM
I ran Grove S about 4 times and Grove S2 3 times yesterday with a buddy. He got mostly every rare drop, including 4 ydrals, 2 neu walna, and the Degahna Cannon board. Of course he's my buddy so the board was actually mine to synth... but it failed at 79%... so here's hoping for another one in the few runs we'll do today.

x_seraph_x
Apr 13, 2009, 12:39 PM
I ran Grove S about 4 times and Grove S2 3 times yesterday with a buddy. He got mostly every rare drop, including 4 ydrals, 2 neu walna, and the Degahna Cannon board. Of course he's my buddy so the board was actually mine to synth... but it failed at 79%... so here's hoping for another one in the few runs we'll do today.

Oh man that sux, I hunted for [B] Degahna Cannon for a long time. Finally found one about a week ago. Lucky for me it came out just fine. But I've had bad luck in synthing Gun type weapons.

Suzuka Miyamoto
Apr 13, 2009, 12:39 PM

Does character luck do anything?

I found 2 har / quicks last saturday and sold them each 2.900.000.

Newman female luck was 0 that day.

In my opinpion the luck system in this game is bull.

Africa
Apr 13, 2009, 12:43 PM
Set on Order is corrupt from what i know.

Thatīs why i always have Random, that one is trustworthy to say the least.

order might be skewed but random is worse.It goes to preference but I've seen more stupidity with random than order i.e. no rares for 1 person a whole run or it tends to give one or two people all worthwhile drops in a random party.Easy solution play with friends and have an understanding on what happens if x drops plain and simple.

ChibiBecca
Apr 13, 2009, 12:47 PM
random does act strangely like that. every time i've been in a party it's favored just one or two people, with a third only getting one or two rares and one person never getting any.

the only time i use random is when people in the party are clearly picking up items in a certain order to boost their chances of getting a good rare.

Dymalos
Apr 13, 2009, 12:48 PM
Does character luck do anything?

I found 2 har / quicks last saturday and sold them each 2.900.000.

Newman female luck was 0 that day.

In my opinpion the luck system in this game is bull.

My understanding is that luck can only influence the number of drops and not necessarily the quality. Meaning that you'll find more rares overall just because more items are dropping in general and that drops from clear boxes will not be effected at all.

stukasa
Apr 13, 2009, 12:54 PM
Dymalos is right, Photon Fortune only affects the overall drop rate, not the quality of drops. And since boss boxes have a 100% drop rate, the chances of getting a Har / Quick won't be affected. That was *real* luck, not Photon Fortune, and there is a biiiiiiiig difference. :D

ShonagarACE
Apr 13, 2009, 04:51 PM
Yes, Dymalos is correct about the function of luck. But even if Order is broken, it is nowhere near that broken. Not everything would go to one person. Sounds more like someone getting lucky with Random.

JC10001
Apr 13, 2009, 04:56 PM
The best advice I can give you, and I'm not sure how feasible this is for you yet...would be to start soloing the level. Its the only way I'll run it or any other mission when I really want something that drops there. It will probably take longer than with a party but probably no where near 6x longer and meanwhile you have 6x (or 100%) of a chance to get whatever drops.

Silvx
Apr 14, 2009, 08:33 AM
Whenever I play with my friend that seems to happen. We have it set on random and out of all the runs in the day, I get like 90% of the items. I usually end up splitting them with him. (Had one day where we got 3 Crea double Boards and they all went to me, I split the prices)

NiceOnes
Apr 14, 2009, 11:28 AM
Aaron! WTF?! Make sure you invite me to these SEED runs! I'm so sick of WB!

I thought you were used to Dead Aim getting everything! Get over it!

Tulio07
Apr 14, 2009, 11:43 AM
With all these stories like this, I'm starting to feel that it's not your personal luck but a crappy sudo random number generator that sega is using.