PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Coming Back? A Guide To Getting Back in the Game

Dymalos
Apr 13, 2009, 10:04 PM
Hello, I've recently resubscribed to PSU after being absent from the game for more than a year and a half. In fact I've only been back 8 days. Prior to coming back I was pretty concerned about catching up and making meseta, but I quickly realised that the game is actually pretty easy to get back in to and I though I'd write up a few tips in case anyone here is lurking and thinking about rejoining themselves.

First of all earning multiple millions of meseta is actually pretty simple and you may be like me and have a couple of things in your partner machine from your earlier days that will make you a millionare ASAP. Here's a list of items which you may already have looted and kept. These items generally had no known use back in the day, but are quite the hot ticket items nowadays. Please note that all values are approximate and vary with market conditions, but I usually low ball them, so you could make considerably more.

$1 Relic Edge. 1,000,000 Meseta - If you ran more than a few Sleeping Warriors runs you may have come across one or two of these and maybe kept them in hopes that they'd one day make something awesome. Turns out that they're now used to make A) Pyscho Wands B) Shinowa Lines or C) Crea Doubles. I listed the 3 that I had and they sold in about 10 minutes.

$2 Tear of Light. 600,000 Meseta - If you used to roll in Grove of Fanatics you may have picked up the [B]oard to make one of these, back then I would make them and eat em... nowadays they are used as part of the trade for the Mikunas Set, a piece of Women's clothing or a Petrified Rappy room decoration. These will sell within a day or two of listing.

$3 Gourmet Cake and Gourmet Chocolat. 100,000 Meseta each. - I don't even remember which mission dropped these but, I know they're used in exchaging for the Formal Wear and Formal Dress. I happened to have 9 [B]oards, Something Sweet is the one component that didn't exists back then, now you can get them guaranteed in the missions Duel in the Ruins and Eastern Peril by shooting down fruit.

$4 Olpad and Copernia. 40,000 Meseta each. These were fairly common "rares" from the early days, and back then they had a limited use in synthing the Tengogh Bow and all of the Crea Melee weapons. Now they're exchanged for Grinder Base S's. These will sell as soon as you list them, seriously the speed at which people buy these is a sight to behold.

$5 Inverter Circuits 10-30,000 Meseta and Omega Acid 10-15,000 Meseta. Both of these items occasionally drop from Robots so you may have more than a few. Inverter Circuits were used for the making of Fluorescent Bulbs, and are now exchangeable for the "Fake" line of Room Decorations. Omega Acids were used in the synthesis board for Scape Dolls, but now can be traded in for PM Rolls, which are items for feeding Partner Machines.

So say you weren't fortunate enough to have yourself a king's ransom in stored booty. Don't despair, there are a few missions which will quickly get you rolling in dough. #1 is the Military Subway, it is in Parum one mission deep after going through the AMF Military HQs in the West District. Repeating this mission on C Rank against level 10 monsters will net you 80,000-120,000 Meseta in the form of Olpads every single run not to mention the possibility of Inverter Circuits and Omega Acids and a metric buttload of Mission Points. Another possibility would be trying your luck in Grove of Fanatics runs, where you might come out with a Tear of Light (600,000 Meseta) from one of the boxes, the chances are slimmer but the pay out is much higher.

With a little bit of cash on hand you'll find that the game is much less frustrating than you remembered it as being. It only takes about 100,000 Meseta to net you a 10* S Rank weapon or a 9* Line Shield with some decent elemental %'s. The availability and accessibility of good gear and the improvements that most of the types have received combine to make a much more enjoyable experience.

Please feel free to add anything that a returning player might profit from.