PDA

View Full Version : Just curious, merging 360 and pc servers?

Elendanis
Apr 13, 2009, 11:30 PM
I wonder, would Sega consider merging 360 and pc servers?
they could give pc users achievements through windows live and such.
then again, what would happen to the ps2 users?
think about it, what way would make more money? at this rate, pc and ps2 users will die out as JP and 360 servers live on.

what do you think will happen?

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 12:02 AM
Nothing will happen. PS2 will stay and drag down PC.

Sega has already dug this games grave, sadly.

helix.hex
Apr 14, 2009, 04:05 AM

Sega has already dug this games grave, sadly.

amen! sega and sonic team are notorious for game and fan neglect: they make it, then they only do so much till they get bored. have you played offline aoi? i got a board that i couldnt even use cause of a programming mistake. what happen to their game testers? did they die or just got too drunk to plaster a thought together? *sigh* i am already getting ready for the funeral: you should too.

ShonagarACE
Apr 14, 2009, 04:05 AM
think about it, what way would make more money? at this rate, pc and ps2 users will die out as JP and 360 servers live on.

I don't think this is even possible, but no. And even if it was, I don't want to play with the 360 servers, and I don't want "achievements". :-)

And helix, if the game gives you a blue screen every time you start it, you probably have a virus or something, it's definitely not SEGA's fault. And yes, there's an error with that board, but it's an online game. People pay to play the online portion, so you can't expect the same amount of effort on the offline bits.

helix.hex
Apr 14, 2009, 04:14 AM
I don't think this is even possible, but no. And even if it was, I don't want to play with the 360 servers, and I don't want "achievements". :-)

And helix, if the game gives you a blue screen every time you start it, you probably have a virus or something, it's definitely not SEGA's fault.

virus? virus!? i have had two anti-virus programs to run threw my HDD. there is nothing other than that rootkit called gameguard(which i deleted: you dont need it to play. just bypass and some common sense). it borderlines it so much that only avast will let it go. what does that tell you? to me if any game developer uses GG they have fell in my eyes and deserve bankruptcy!

next time you wish to pop: please think before you type. you have a tendency to say stupid things

hunterseifer
Apr 14, 2009, 05:11 AM

Um, what do you mean by this? there's more ps2 users than pc

I don't think this is even possible, but no. And even if it was, I don't want to play with the 360 servers, and I don't want "achievements". :-).

Final fantasy XI is connected from ps2,360 and pc, also connected with the whole world. They even have a translater onscreen so you can talk to ppl in japanese even without actually learning it(or w/e language your looking for). But this game has really gone down hill, really considering cancelling my account after shred the darkness.

Silvx
Apr 14, 2009, 08:27 AM

It sounds like Square Enix saying "PS2 Limitations" about FFXI when we ask about certain stuff lmao^^; I still find it mean though because FF was originally on the ps2 in japan.

Back on topic though it wouldn't be hard to have all the gaming servers together, as the above poster said, FFXI shares servers worldwide,

How many stars does the PC / PS2 server usually have? on 360 I usually see Leo filled, then Caelum floating at 1-3

LuigiMario
Apr 14, 2009, 08:30 AM
To merge the servers, PC must join the 360 side. The merger started years ago and it is nearing complete.

Ditch the PC and come to 60, why wait for them to merge them when the people can merge together on the 360.

There's your merger.

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 11:53 AM

And helix, if the game gives you a blue screen every time you start it, you probably have a virus or something, it's definitely not SEGA's fault. And yes, there's an error with that board, but it's an online game. People pay to play the online portion, so you can't expect the same amount of effort on the offline bits.

i would HATE to play with the stuck up 360 players. ive played on both servers(ps2/pc 2 years) and just tried the 360 for a few weeks. they are horrible people. 90% of them are anyway/

Um, what do you mean by this? there's more ps2 users than pc

Final fantasy XI is connected from ps2,360 and pc, also connected with the whole world. They even have a translater onscreen so you can talk to ppl in japanese even without actually learning it(or w/e language your looking for). But this game has really gone down hill, really considering cancelling my account after shred the darkness.

i actually think there are more pc users...myself included...i know more than half my "friends" on psu are pc users...the game just runs 100% better on pc IF you have even a decent pc.

virus? virus!? i have had two anti-virus programs to run threw my HDD. there is nothing other than that rootkit called gameguard(which i deleted: you dont need it to play. just bypass and some common sense). it borderlines it so much that only avast will let it go. what does that tell you? to me if any game developer uses GG they have fell in my eyes and deserve bankruptcy!

next time you wish to pop: please think before you type. you have a tendency to say stupid things

you are just being unreasonable....its not sega's fault you have a fucked up pc. stop complaining about sega...

and back on topic, i really hope they wouldnt even try to think about considering merging lol....that would be horrible.

ThEoRy
Apr 14, 2009, 12:00 PM
This will never happen.

pinkace
Apr 14, 2009, 12:05 PM
I didn't know that Final Fantasy 11 was a big fat community.... how can people on PS2 play with people on PC and 360?

oh wait, doesn't the game require a hard drive for PS2 play? that could be a reason me thinks.

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 12:07 PM
yup, the ps2 needs a hard drive to play.

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 01:12 PM
Nah, as long as the PC version uses gameguard, keep that server far far away from the 360 side of things. I could care less about which community has more "stuck up" people or whatever, all I care about is keeping the servers clean from hacks, every single pso I played, starting from ver1 all the way to xbox pso, was ruined by hacks and dupes, I'd prefer to have the latest one that came out to be clean finally (well besides the whole grinder exploit thing, but hey it wasn't major enough to ruin the economy and they took care of it quick as hell).

buzyb77
Apr 14, 2009, 01:26 PM

please go to to this ste and see how smart you really are as this is a DUMB question

http://www.iqtest.com/

sigh

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 02:04 PM
Dear Patrik,

Thank you for your interest in the test at IQTest.com.

Your general IQ score is: 100

does this mean im not so smart?:-? :disapprove:

pinkace
Apr 14, 2009, 02:38 PM
yup, the ps2 needs a hard drive to play.

well, PSU on ps2 doesn't need a hard drive... is that the reason we can't have one big server?

freakin ps2 [face=angry]

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 02:55 PM
well, PSU on ps2 doesn't need a hard drive... is that the reason we can't have one big server?

freakin ps2 [face=angry]

not sure since i have no idea how it all works, but if i had to guess, its cause the whole ps2 voicechat thing(just one of the reasons why they cant/wont) i think i saw someone post about this saying sega would have to reissue a disc, (since the current doesn't support voice) which they wont. I'm sure there are 1001 other reasons also, like maybe the pc/ps2 side doesnt make enough money to make changes? (also just a guess)

Elley
Apr 14, 2009, 03:42 PM
i would HATE to play with the stuck up 360 players. ive played on both servers(ps2/pc 2 years) and just tried the 360 for a few weeks. they are horrible people. 90% of them are anyway/

i actually think there are more pc users...myself included...i know more than half my "friends" on psu are pc users...the game just runs 100% better on pc IF you have even a decent pc.

you are just being unreasonable....its not sega's fault you have a fucked up pc. stop complaining about sega...

and back on topic, i really hope they wouldnt even try to think about considering merging lol....that would be horrible.

You're an idiot.

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 03:44 PM
please, explain...how am i an idiot? and i just re-read what i posted...in that form, it looks back that i said i think there are more pc users....that was i think there are more pc users OVER ps2 users.

Silvx
Apr 14, 2009, 03:50 PM
not sure since i have no idea how it all works, but if i had to guess, its cause the whole ps2 voicechat thing(just one of the reasons why they cant/wont) i think i saw someone post about this saying sega would have to reissue a disc, (since the current doesn't support voice) which they wont. I'm sure there are 1001 other reasons also, like maybe the pc/ps2 side doesnt make enough money to make changes? (also just a guess)

The HDD for the PS2 is basically just to store final Fantasy, and have room for all of it's future updates. On Xbox FF takes up 13-ish gigs of my HDD, the voice chat issue wouldn't be much, on FF those not on xbox just use a computer server (Ventrilo or such) or just go without, Typing is easier on there.

They could merge the servers if they wanted to, I just think it's a lack of wanting to do the work or they feel there's no need atm even though it seems your PC / Ps2 versions are suffering some population

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 03:51 PM
Your a moron for stereotyping a whole community. Doesn't matter what platform you play, there are idiots everywhere, not one community is a big pile of saints.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Apr 14, 2009, 03:54 PM
Unless they add alot more spaces for parter cards I wouldnt want to merge servers.

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 03:55 PM
Your a moron for stereotyping a whole community. Doesn't matter what platform you play, there are idiots everywhere, not one community is a big pile of saints.

i agree to the bolded font, but calling someone a moron, or idiot...stereotyping....i gave it time to see if there were nice players.., i played it for a reasonable time. and yea there are idiots everywhere, but when you have a population of say....10,000 and 8000 are assholes, its a reasonable strerotype. now, on the pc/ps2 side say you have, 2000 and 300 are assholes, you can see clearly who has the bigger asshole.

(not reall numbers, or me trying to guess how many are on the server, just a number im throwing out there)

Unless they add alot more spaces for parter cards I wouldnt want to merge servers.

yea, if they were to ever do this, we would definetly need more partner cards.

InfiniDragon
Apr 14, 2009, 03:57 PM
To merge the servers, PC must join the 360 side. The merger started years ago and it is nearing complete.

Ditch the PC and come to 60, why wait for them to merge them when the people can merge together on the 360.

There's your merger.

...Because I don't want to play the version with the horrible frame rate and memory leaks when fighting robots? :lol:

But yeah, it's not gonna happen. Due to the fact that PS2/PC caters to PS2, and the format is completely different when you're limited by disc space (unlike PC and arguably 360). Oh well, I'll just keep playing my PC version.

ShonagarACE
Apr 14, 2009, 04:37 PM

Then why are ALL the discussions about booting coming from 360 players? Because it doesn't happen on PC/PS2.

Deragonite
Apr 14, 2009, 04:44 PM
I would love to join the Xbox servers for a shot at the merged economy. Going from a somewhat monopoly/oligopoly market to a perfect/monopolistic competition market sounds like fun. Also, finding more parties and meeting some new people would be nice...

But, at a high price... elitism to a whole new level, bootings, rare mission selling, etc. etc. It amazes me at how high the standards are on equipment for the Xbox servers. A lot of 50% weapons with a "bad" 7/7 grinding are garbage.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Apr 14, 2009, 04:56 PM
...Because I don't want to play the version with the horrible frame rate and memory leaks when fighting robots? :lol:

But yeah, it's not gonna happen. Due to the fact that PS2/PC caters to PS2, and the format is completely different when you're limited by disc space (unlike PC and arguably 360). Oh well, I'll just keep playing my PC version.
the robot lag has been fixed

WHlTEKNIGHT
Apr 14, 2009, 05:03 PM
i agree to the bolded font, but calling someone a moron, or idiot...stereotyping....i gave it time to see if there were nice players.., i played it for a reasonable time. and yea there are idiots everywhere, but when you have a population of say....10,000 and 8000 are assholes, its a reasonable strerotype. now, on the pc/ps2 side say you have, 2000 and 300 are assholes, you can see clearly who has the bigger asshole.

(not reall numbers, or me trying to guess how many are on the server, just a number im throwing out there)

yea, if they were to ever do this, we would definetly need more partner cards.
Its amazing how you all like to say how your server has a better community than ours but which 1 has more people again. Face it no amount of 360 bashing is gonna stop the fact that your server is dead. bolded for lolz
We can all figure out who has the bigger asshole as its quite clearly you as your head seems to be firmly lodged up there.

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 06:45 PM
Then why are ALL the discussions about booting coming from 360 players? Because it doesn't happen on PC/PS2.

The same reason all the complaints about hackers busting in rooms robbing people blind only comes from the PS2/PC side?

Like I said, both sides have morons. Wow, why must this game's community be so friggin' stupid is beyond me.

PACHI
Apr 14, 2009, 06:52 PM

Amen...

Golto
Apr 14, 2009, 07:01 PM
If they wanted to they could merge. All of the extra 360 stuff is done by the 360 and could easily be ignored by pc/ps2 clients. FFXI is on different consoles and can play on the same servers right?

PACHI
Apr 14, 2009, 07:12 PM
80% of all pc players ive met have been complete assholess in these forums. If we merged, I'd creamate my PSU disk, place the ashes inside the case, trade it in for a spider-man lolipop at Gamestop, let my two dogs "2girls one cup" it, and next day the horrific idea to SoJ-A.

LuigiMario
Apr 14, 2009, 07:16 PM

Then you don't want the merger then, if a force or robot slows the 360 down, you'll be doing all the work and the force won't save you.

Syndrome
Apr 14, 2009, 07:20 PM
If they wanted to they could merge. All of the extra 360 stuff is done by the 360 and could easily be ignored by pc/ps2 clients. FFXI is on different consoles and can play on the same servers right?

FFXI is multi platform because of the ps2 HDD. If the ps2 didn't have the HDD it wouldn't be on that system. Which is what holds this game back, one of the systems the game is on currently has no HDD support unless you have an older model, and a lot of people now-a-days have the slim line model, so I can see where they chose to not have HDD support on the ps2 version. We never have real "updates". They sold us a locked game disk. All items, monsters, areas etc. are already on your disk. They should have made the game for ps3...

ShonagarACE
Apr 14, 2009, 07:26 PM
The same reason all the complaints about hackers busting in rooms robbing people blind only comes from the PS2/PC side?

Like I said, both sides have morons. Wow, why must this game's community be so friggin' stupid is beyond me.

You're talking about a few isolated incidents of a game bug that has been FIXED now. I'm talking about something that happens many times daily on your server. If not seeing the comparison there makes me a moron, then perhaps I am one.

Nobody here has said that the PC/PS2 servers are idiot-free, but the level of maturity certainly seems to be a bit higher. So if that offends you, just take a step back and think before throwing insults around.

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 07:45 PM
You're talking about a few isolated incidents of a game bug that has been FIXED now. I'm talking about something that happens many times daily on your server. If not seeing the comparison there makes me a moron, then perhaps I am one.

Nobody here has said that the PC/PS2 servers are idiot-free, but the level of maturity certainly seems to be a bit higher. So if that offends you, just take a step back and think before throwing insults around.

Well your really not doing a good job representing the PC/PS2 community at the moment. So every one on the PS2/PC side holds hands and have a jolly good time? Is it seriously that much better? Like, you don't get booted, ever? So if everyone on that side is a bunch of angels, then why is there always complaints about a certain some one hoarding all the materials holding a monopoly on the market. Whats up with every single PC user hacking rooms. Whats up with all the PC users making haxeta. You see how stupid that sounds, stereotyping a community for one person, incident?

ShonagarACE
Apr 14, 2009, 07:50 PM
Well your really not doing a good job representing the PC/PS2 community at the moment. So every one on the PS2/PC side holds hands and have a jolly good time? Is it seriously that much better? Like, you don't get booted, ever? So if everyone on that side is a bunch of angels, then why is there always complaints about a certain some one hoarding all the materials holding a monopoly on the market. Whats up with every single PC user hacking rooms. Whats up with all the PC users making haxeta. You see how stupid that sounds, stereotyping a community for one person, incident?

I don't think booting is a one person incident, because if it was you wouldn't hear about it as much. And no, I have never been booted. Not once. I don't know how much better that is, but I'm going by the things that people post on these forums daily. And people do not post about monopolies on materials.

I am positive that I never said every 360 user boots people. But I do know that it happens more often. So how is the truth a stereotype? And how is being reasonable and using logic not representing my community well?

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 08:04 PM
Ok. Lets use this dumb as all hell logic. Since I'm always reading about how the PC/PS2 players always hacking rooms, and haxeta like literally everywhere, then every single one of those players are cheating trash, who all suck at the game, because that is what I read.

ShonagarACE
Apr 14, 2009, 08:13 PM
Ok. Lets use this dumb as all hell logic. Since I'm always reading about how the PC/PS2 players always hacking rooms, and haxeta like literally everywhere, then every single one of those players are cheating trash, who all suck at the game, because that is what I read.

Haxeta hasn't been an issue since launch basically, you don't hear about room hacks anymore because they DON'T happen now, so if you want to take things that you heard before and apply them now, go for it.

I will tell you again that I never said every 360 user boots people, but if it's hard to read what I'm saying, I could put it in a bigger font size.

Look man, I'm not trying to insult you, but if you're going to be immature and get offended when I say that booting is more of a problem on 360 than on PC(which it is), then what can I do? How can I make my logic better?

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 08:21 PM
Haxeta hasn't been an issue since launch basically, you don't hear about room hacks anymore because they DON'T happen now, so if you want to take things that you heard before and apply them now, go for it.

I will tell you again that I never said every 360 user boots people, but if it's hard to read what I'm saying, I could put it in a bigger font size.

Look man, I'm not trying to insult you, but if you're going to be immature and get offended when I say that booting is more of a problem on 360 than on PC(which it is), then what can I do? How can I make my logic better?

Immature my ass, I'm just using the same exact stupid as hell logic, it's like i'm talking to a brick wall. I don't even give two shits about which version as the more holier than thou community, I'm just saying there is dumb asses in both versions. It's not a damn a "fact" that one version has the more immature community, so stop making it seem like its one. Hell the way your talking is making me feel like the entire PS2 community is horrible just because of you.

ShonagarACE
Apr 14, 2009, 08:27 PM
Immature my ass, I'm just using the same exact stupid as hell logic, it's like i'm talking to a brick wall. I don't even give two shits about which version as the more holier than thou community, I'm just saying there is dumb asses in both versions. It's not a damn a "fact" that one version has the more immature community, so stop making it seem like its one. Hell the way your talking is making me feel like the entire PS2 community is horrible just because of you.

If you will look back a post or two, you would notice that I agreed with you about both versions having idiots. No argument there. All you're doing is putting words in my mouth. All I'm talking about is one thing(the issue of booting) that you apparently don't want to admit.

I never tried to make any points about the communities as a whole. So if you weren't the one acting like a brick wall, you would realize that, and realize that you're getting angry over nothing. Cool? Cool.

jShazBot
Apr 14, 2009, 08:29 PM
Ugh, of course we have PS2/PC users bitching about 360's community and how their SUPERS PC's can run PSU better.

I played on PS2/PC around the launch of PSU and last played PSU aoi on my PC august of 08. With a few breaks in between that lasted a couple of months, of course.
I just started playing PSU on my Xbox 360 January and I have to say that I am already more satisfied with this version then I have ever been with the PS2/PC versions after playing on them for over a year.

And if all you can do is bitch about the dicks in our population then your a freakin' panzy. :nono: Suck it up, its just a videogame and its easy to be an asshole behind a keyboard, I do it all the time.
Lol besides, the amount of "Decent" players in our population probably doubles that of your PS2/PC servers entire population.

Princess1977
Apr 14, 2009, 08:53 PM
I have been on both Ver. I am a female early 30's and I will say there are more pervs on the 360 side... I have been there. One time I was mindin gmy own and a guy sent me a pic of his... Stuff if you know what I mean.. Lay off of ShonagarACE . He is tring to talk to you as aperson and you are blowing up. And you need to calm down.. Now I play on the PC/PS2 I play it on both. I love the PC/PS2 people. We are like a close family. You can leave a party and remember a persons name. On the 360 side People jumped in and out of games cussing and playing music all the time. But, that is just what I saw.

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 14, 2009, 09:01 PM
Ugh, of course we have PS2/PC users bitching about 360's community and how their SUPERS PC's can run PSU better.

I played on PS2/PC around the launch of PSU and last played PSU aoi on my PC august of 08. With a few breaks in between that lasted a couple of months, of course.
I just started playing PSU on my Xbox 360 January and I have to say that I am already more satisfied with this version then I have ever been with the PS2/PC versions after playing on them for over a year.

And if all you can do is bitch about the dicks in our population then your a freakin' panzy. :nono: Suck it up, its just a videogame and its easy to be an asshole behind a keyboard, I do it all the time.
Lol besides, the amount of "Decent" players in our population probably doubles that of your PS2/PC servers entire population.

You sir, are an icon of your people.

I know some nice people who play on the Xbox, but as a group there is a higher percentage of jerks than nice people that I have seen.

When things went bad and Xbox had the huge rollback during the Parum GBR, I gave people my condolences and hoped they recovered what they lost. When the shop hacking occurred on PC/PS2 I saw nothing but posts about "It's your turn" and "About time Sega screws them over" out of some of the same people I wished well.

Who looks to be the better in a situation like that?

I'm not stereotyping EVERYONE on Xbox, but to put my point out there, which is a higher percentage 100 nice people on a server of 1000 jerks or on a server of 5000 jerks?

Princess1977
Apr 14, 2009, 09:03 PM
You sir, are an icon of your people.

I know some nice people who play on the Xbox, but as a group there is a higher percentage of jerks than nice people that I have seen.

When things went bad and Xbox had the huge rollback during the Parum GBR, I gave people my condolences and hoped they recovered what they lost. When the shop hacking occurred on PC/PS2 I saw nothing but posts about "It's your turn" and "About time Sega screws them over" out of some of the same people I wished well.

Who looks to be the better in a situation like that?

I'm not stereotyping EVERYONE on Xbox, but to put my point out there, which is a higher percentage 100 nice people on a server of 1000 jerks or on a server of 5000 jerks? Well, said ^^

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 09:06 PM
I have been on both Ver. I am a female early 30's and I will say there are more pervs on the 360 side... I have been there. One time I was mindin gmy own and a guy sent me a pic of his... Stuff if you know what I mean.. Lay off of ShonagarACE . He is tring to talk to you as aperson and you are blowing up. And you need to calm down.. Now I play on the PC/PS2 I play it on both. I love the PC/PS2 people. We are like a close family. You can leave a party and remember a persons name. On the 360 side People jumped in and out of games cussing and playing music all the time. But, that is just what I saw.

Post like this is making me assume everyone on the PS2/PC side are a bunch of friggin' morons. My points I already stated about both sides having equal amount of idiots is going in one ear and going like a bat flyin' outta hell at 100 mph out the other ear. Also damn, that must be one big ass disfunctional family if you got family members hacking in rooms and hoarding materials abusing the haxeta to buy everything out. (Using dumb sterotyping logic here, I have nothing against any community). I have a family also, it's called a friends list, not that hard to make close friends people.

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 14, 2009, 09:08 PM
My points I already stated about both sides having equal amount of idiots is going in one ear and going like a bat flyin' outta hell at 100 mph out the other ear.

No, actually if you paid attention I DID speak to that. Just that on your more populated community the "equal amount" of good players count for far less than they do in our small one.

Warpath
Apr 14, 2009, 09:19 PM
Post like this is making me assume everyone on the PS2/PC side are a bunch of friggin' morons. My points I already stated about both sides having equal amount of idiots is going in one ear and going like a bat flyin' outta hell at 100 mph out the other ear. Also damn, that must be one big ass disfunctional family if you got family members hacking in rooms and hoarding materials abusing the haxeta to buy everything out. (Using dumb sterotyping logic here, I have nothing against any community). I have a family also, it's called a friends list, not that hard to make close friends people.
and jShazbot said this that must be on your friend list you act alike

And if all you can do is bitch about the dicks in our population then your a freakin' panzy. Suck it up, its just a videogame and its easy to be an asshole behind a keyboard, I do it all the time.

some disfunctional family

and heres some pics of this "Disfuntional" family I'm proud to be apart of
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq271/Punisher101976/psu20081030_205143_005.jpg

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq271/Punisher101976/psu20081030_211536_064.jpg

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq271/Punisher101976/psu20081030_210833_017.jpg

and my Wife and I

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq271/Punisher101976/psu20081030_213346_091.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 09:22 PM
No, actually if you paid attention I DID speak to that. Just that on your more populated community the "equal amount" of good players count for far less than they do in our small one.

Yeah that is what I'm trying to get at. There is no "equal amount" of players or whatever dumb ass imagination ratio you are trying to use. Dumb asses are dumb asses, size of a population be damned. There are users that do dumb as hell crap over there, and it's the same for the 360 side. Man where is the rest of the intelligent PSU users to back me up here, then again most of the smart ones probably have the common sense to stay away from this dumb ass hell topic, I need to do the same =/

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 09:27 PM
And yeah, uhh nice picture. My gamertag is MadDogg730, and I have 22 people on my friend list, whom I met playing gamecube pso on day 1, we stuck together ever since, so um yay for not being a whining bitch complaining about people and meeting close friends?

autumn
Apr 14, 2009, 09:29 PM
Elite Alliances Halloween get together! What fun that was :D

Warpath
Apr 14, 2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah that is what I'm trying to get at. There is no "equal amount" of players or whatever dumb ass imagination ratio you are trying to use. Dumb asses are dumb asses, size of a population be damned. There are users that do dumb as hell crap over there, and it's the same for the 360 side. Man where is the rest of the intelligent PSU users to back me up here, then again most of the smart ones probably have the common sense to stay away from this dumb ass hell topic, I need to do the same =/

its not the number of players thats assholes its the % of players theres are good players on the 360 but the LARGE % of them are assholes and thats what people are trying to make a point on lets say theres 100 people are on ps2/pc and 600 are asses thats 60% of asses now you say theres 6000 people on 360 and 100 are nice thats only 10% of nice people so that would be 90% asses get the point? there maybe the same number of nice people but less % on the 360

Deragonite
Apr 14, 2009, 09:32 PM
its not the number of players thats assholes its the % of players theres are good players on the 360 but the LARGE % of them are assholes and thats what people are trying to make a point on lets say theres 100 people are on ps2/pc and 600 are asses thats 60% of asses now you say theres 6000 people on 360 and 100 are nice thats only 10% of nice people so that would be 90% asses get the point? there maybe the same number of nice people but less % on the 360

well, minus the incoherent mathematics in your post, I would agree.

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 14, 2009, 09:32 PM

You're faltering in your argument because you're arguing with one of the intelligent PSU users, so let my clarify it for you since you missed the point.

You said that both sides have equal amounts of good players and bad players. My point to you was this:

If both sides have 4 nice, friendly, helpful people who play on them but one side has 10 total people, and the other side has 6 total people, which side has the higher ratio of nice, friendly, helpful people? the side where 4/10 are nice, friendly, and helpful? Or the side who has 4/6?

The obvious answer is the side with 4/6 because on that side there are only 2 people who are not nice compared to the other side's 6.

I am saying that while both servers may have the same amount of nice, friendly, or helpful people the server who has the smaller overall population will have a higher concentration of those nice players, making them easier to find.

Princess1977
Apr 14, 2009, 09:34 PM
And yeah, uhh nice picture. My gamertag is MadDogg730, and I have 22 people on my friend list, whom I met playing gamecube pso on day 1, we stuck together ever since, so um yay for not being a whining bitch complaining about people and meeting close friends?
Hey everyone wanna see what kinda pervs are on 360.. look under MadDogg's name on here PSU Pimp? LMAO That says alot.. hehehehehehehe Your a joke.

Macras
Apr 14, 2009, 09:35 PM
Grats to the OP for bringing out the worst in both side's communities.

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 09:36 PM
Ok, so where do you get these scientific numbers from? Got a "asshole per day" ratio chart? What do you like, divide that number by the "times I got booted and bitched" pie graph, and use a 1.5 times multiplier from the figures you get from the whine post graph? Please humor me, my friends and I in party chat are having a good laugh from this dumb assery in this thread, humor me more so I can tell them lmao.

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 09:40 PM
Ya know what, screw it. From a scientific study from the genius PC/PS2 users at the pso-world forums, we have discovered that every 360 user is, indeed, and ass hat. (Dons my purple and yellow top hat of assery). Hello pso-world. I am Mad Dogg730 from the 360 version, and through the magical power of assumption, it has been discovered that I am indeed an ass hat, now I must go in my private chat of shame and discuss my douche baggery with my fellow ass hat brethren. (Boots up a game of left 4 dead not really giving a crap no more by the way) =P

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 14, 2009, 09:43 PM
Ok, so where do you get these scientific numbers from? Got a "asshole per day" ratio chart? What do you like, divide that number by the "times I got booted and bitched" pie graph, and use a 1.5 times multiplier from the figures you get from the whine post graph? Please humor me, my friends and I in party chat are having a good laugh from this dumb assery in this thread, humor me more so I can tell them lmao.

I would actually put the work into this, but clearly I'd be the only one taking it seriously.

I can say that in the time period of a month of running with randoms on the PC/PS2 servers wherever the mission spotlight was being held at any given two weeks, not only have I not been booted from a party once, but I haven't been in a party of overly rude or non-helpful players.

To further go on, I have never once been booted from a party in this game in the 2+ years I've played it. I have never once seen anyone on the PC/PS2 servers charge meseta or items to run a rare mission.

I could say that's not conclusive to anything, however I've seen several other people say the same thing, thus leading me to believe that your community is a less-friendly as a whole place to play.

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 09:50 PM
Hey everyone wanna see what kinda pervs are on 360.. look under MadDogg's name on here PSU Pimp? LMAO That says alot.. hehehehehehehe Your a joke.

Thanks for proving my point perfectly by the way, about both sides having morons. A sig or whatever that is in like what, completely harmless fun that I put back god knows how long ago, and you attack me for that? Wow.....

ShonagarACE
Apr 14, 2009, 09:54 PM
Ya know what, screw it. From a scientific study from the genius PC/PS2 users at the pso-world forums, we have discovered that every 360 user is, indeed, and ass hat. (Dons my purple and yellow top hat of assery). Hello pso-world. I am Mad Dogg730 from the 360 version, and through the magical power of assumption, it has been discovered that I am indeed an ass hat, now I must go in my private chat of shame and discuss my douche baggery with my fellow ass hat brethren. (Boots up a game of left 4 dead not really giving a crap no more by the way) =P

Why don't you actually read what people are saying? Nobody here personally insulted you, or said any of the things you are implying.

ashley50
Apr 14, 2009, 09:56 PM
You'll need a mic for him to listen to you ...

ShonagarACE
Apr 14, 2009, 09:59 PM
You'll need a mic for him to listen to you ...

Game over. :-P

Deragonite
Apr 14, 2009, 10:01 PM

Why don't we start:
I have played over 1500 hours total (PC/PS2 servers)
I have been booted 3 times.

We can take a poll and average out boots/hour if you'd like.

So far, our poll shows that 1/500 bt/hr of each individual's playtime on the PC/PS2 servers.

dexter_safe
Apr 14, 2009, 10:05 PM
person 360: i think the 360 version is better because uhh there ppl on our side
person ps2/pc: well we think our versions are better because we have more nice ppl
person 360: well ppl are sad to hack on ur version
person ps2/pc well we don't lag on robots

blah blah blah so on and so on. i know just play the game >.>

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 14, 2009, 10:06 PM
Good fun! I'll contribute.

Rounded down to 2200 hours. I have never been booted.
I played JP for about 50 hours and I wasn't booted there either if that counts (granted I never joined any JP ONRY parties)

ashley50
Apr 14, 2009, 10:10 PM
Also ...I've only been booted once.

out of all my playtime in the PC/PS2 side (for 4 chars)....for a stupid reason too

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 14, 2009, 10:11 PM
Let's just step back for a minute and calm down. You know what I think? Every version is filled with ass hats. The Xbox360 has alot of ass hats. The PC/PS2 version has alot of ass hats. The potential PS3 version will have SCORES of ass hats and perverts and pedos. You wanna know a complete and utter shocker? You wanna know something that will divide your minds by zero? The PSP version has alot of ass hats. I should know. Me and a couple of my friends are. Try playing after your best friend smacks you upside the head with a wooden sword. Then QQ to me about crappy people.

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 10:20 PM
Also ...I've only been booted once.

out of all my playtime in the PC/PS2 side (for 4 chars)....for a stupid reason too

Lessee, I play on the 360 side, and I've been booted 0 times. Gee I don't know, I have a close bond with people, errr what do you call them. Ohhhh yeaaaaah, frieeeeends. That's it. Oh wow what is this nifty feature when I push this big green button on my control contraption. It displays something called "friends". Ohhhh snap, If I utilize this fabled "friends" feature, I can set up and play with those that are so close and dear to me, creating whats it called, oh yea a private paaaaarty. Eeks friggin' dee, this is amazing, not only am I'm playing with those that have everything in common, the same likes, hobbies, etc., but I'm also not getting booted by the random kid that happens to be leader. Oh wow, I wonder if any one else discovered this amazing feature that is called the friends list.

SURVIVAL PLAYING WITH RANDOM PEOPLE FACTS TIME-dum-du-du-duuuuuuum

1. Chances are, if the party you try to join has a "don't pick up such and such item" description in the info section, chances are the party is ran by a moron.

2. If a "mics-only" is in the description, again chances are the party is ran by a moron.

3. If there is a "no XXX class" in the info section, again, utilizing the sixth sense called common sense, you can guess the party is ran by a moron.

4. If the party has a goofy description like chillin with =), >.>, or whatever description, then chances are the party is ran by a person that is cool with whatever, which means no boot.

If you have the rare ability called common sense, and put it to use, it is easy enough to join random games and enjoy yourself.

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 10:23 PM
Let's just step back for a minute and calm down. You know what I think? Every version is filled with ass hats. The Xbox360 has alot of ass hats. The PC/PS2 version has alot of ass hats. The potential PS3 version will have SCORES of ass hats and perverts and pedos. You wanna know a complete and utter shocker? You wanna know something that will divide your minds by zero? The PSP version has alot of ass hats. I should know. Me and a couple of my friends are. Try playing after your best friend smacks you upside the head with a wooden sword. Then QQ to me about crappy people.

Holy hell, another intelligent PSU'er that thinks the same thing I was trying to say all along too. Wow its a miracle, is there more intelligent life forms out there, we must breed with each other to preserve our intelligence, quick man time is of the essence.

ShonagarACE
Apr 14, 2009, 10:25 PM
Holy hell, another intelligent PSU'er that thinks the same thing I was trying to say all along too. Wow its a miracle, is there more intelligent life forms out there, we must breed with each other to preserve our intelligence, quick man time is of the essence.

Hey, guess what? EVERYONE that you've been calling morons already agreed that there are idiots on both versions. Can you understand that?

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 10:28 PM
Nah not really, I'm talking about the half that are still pulling imaginary numbers out their ass, everyone else that responded are cool with their opinions.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 14, 2009, 10:37 PM

I'm just tired of people crying about what platform has the most bitchiest people. Look, your playing an online game through the internet. Your gonna meet tons of nasty, elitist garbage out there. Common sense dictates that if you hang with these people your not gonna have a good time. When that happens make your own channel and run with it. Chances are you'll find someone who has half a brain and contains that wonderful thing called common sense. I on the other hand have to deal with a crazy English goth lollita that is also very good at Kendo (she claims she could take Miyamoto Musashi), another goth loli who looks like Somara from the Ring, toss in an emo and a muscle bound Korean guy who looks like he can pop someone's head of by flexing his muscle and you got my crew. Oh how I long to play with someone who is "normal".

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 14, 2009, 10:42 PM
... yea there are idiots everywhere, but when you have a population of say....10,000 and 8000 are assholes, its a reasonable strerotype. now, on the pc/ps2 side say you have, 2000 and 300 are assholes, you can see clearly who has the bigger asshole.

Amen...

If you will look back a post or two, you would notice that I agreed with you about both versions having idiots. No argument there. All you're doing is putting words in my mouth. All I'm talking about is one thing(the issue of booting) that you apparently don't want to admit.

person 360: i think the 360 version is better because uhh there ppl on our side
person ps2/pc: well we think our versions are better because we have more nice ppl
person 360: well ppl are sad to hack on ur version
person ps2/pc well we don't lag on robots

blah blah blah so on and so on. i know just play the game >.>

Hey, guess what? EVERYONE that you've been calling morons already agreed that there are idiots on both versions. Can you understand that?

Some of the posts where people are agreeing with you. I never stated that any of the numbers I put up were accurate (with the exception of the boots/hrs played).

I'm just saying that as far as APPEARANCES go, it APPEARS that the xbox community is a less friendly server. I'm not saying anything about hacking, or lag, or anything else.

By using the amazing powers of observation and assumption one can be led to believe that a server where one is booted from parties, has to purchase rare missions, or has to wade through party comments to find a party to join is less friendly than one where you can just join a party and run with them.

This isn't a personal attack on any 1 person. If you're a nice person, great! Assume I'm not talking about you. If you have 20 nice friends, even better! That ensures you don't have to deal with the crappy randoms you could be partying with!

I've had to clear out my partner card list several times, meaning I've had well over 200 people I can party with to ensure that I'm not running with idiots. You've got 22. That should prove my point there.

Princess1977
Apr 14, 2009, 10:54 PM
Requesting end of thread.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 14, 2009, 11:07 PM
I second that Princess. Truthfully these threads bring out the worst in people. I want my happy sunshine filled pso-world forums back.

Erkthemerc
Apr 14, 2009, 11:09 PM
the reason why the 360 server appears to have more dipshits is because it is full of young under 15 kids:
they cannot think ahead to the future.
they cannot understand how to tolerate other people.
This means that booting is a good thing...
Thats the only thing about the 360 servers that produces dumbasses.

Now I personaly have never been booted from a party on the 360 servers, and the only time I boot is when someone continues to do something when I have asked them to stop.
some examples:

when someone over buffs with their lvl 1 buffs when the other person has 31+ buffs, I dont mind you buffing and then me over buffing you but dont constantly over buff.

When someone is having mic problems that are bothering the whole party, I take a vote.

I dont boot untill the end of the misson when the party returns to the lobby...

A word of advice on the 360 servers try to join parties that say "Join!!!" for the most part you will not get booted.

p.s. for what it is worth madDogg, I agree with you I too dont like being generalized into the asshole catagory. if that is what you were saying I think it was... But that is the main impression I get from pso-world, that when you are from the 360 server you are some how less than those of the PC/PS2 server. It makes me sad.

Tetsaru
Apr 14, 2009, 11:27 PM
Geez at all the my-server-is-better-than-yours bickering... -_-X

Really, the only people at fault here is Segac, for not merging all the servers upon the release of the game originally. Well, either them, or Microsoft for being a bunch of assholes...

But if Square-Enix could do it with FF11, I don't see why Segac could've just done the same thing... but of course, they're stupid like that nowadays... they didn't allow hard drive support for the PS2. HELLO!? This is a friggin online RPG, Segac! -_-X