PDA

View Full Version : Do You Even Like PSU?

pinkace
Apr 14, 2009, 10:43 AM
Let me start with a story...

A few months ago I bought Tabula Rasa: collectors edition for like $15 at best buy, seemed like a good deal. Too bad that the game was already scheduled to go offline in a few months. So I played the game and loved it. I joined a community of players on PlanetTR boards, and posted on their forums.

As it was my second Online RPG (PSO/PSU is the other) it was alien to me how they actually DEFENDED their game, complimented the developers on doing a good job, and lamented that more people weren't playing the game.

That is true fandom.

On these boards, all I see is complaining and bitching. So I ask: do you even LIKE this game? If all you do is complain, then why are you here? Why play a game you dislike and why post on a board to CONSTANTLY deride Sonic Team?

I will tell you a couple of things that I love about PSU:

I think the camera control is fantastic, I never lose sight of where I am or where my target is. Too many third-person-view games have camera issues, and Sonic Team, since the days of PSO, created great camera control.

I also love how you swap weapons on PSU. I can't think of another game right now that makes it so easy, or on which you don't have to pause or open a menu to swap weapons. It is done quickly and easy. The palette is a great idea.

I love many other things about PSU, but those are just two.

So does anyone else like this game?

Myztic
Apr 14, 2009, 10:48 AM

I love it!
I have never commented on any flaws, or anything in the game...mostly because, I have never found any!

I think the game is fantastic! <3

Edit: I agree with Zyrusticae, regarding population.

Zyrusticae
Apr 14, 2009, 10:54 AM
I recognize that the game has some flaws, but really the only thing I really don't like about the game is the incredibly low population. With a free trial and some advertising the game's population could easily swell to at least one full universe at any one point in time, but unfortunately SoA doesn't seem to have the ability to do so. Sigh.

Otherwise, I do much enjoy the game. There are things I think it could do better, but I think they're going to be saving those for the next PS game.

Of course, I also think some criticisms are just hopelessly outlandish. For example, criticisms that the game is too easy, while the "most annoying monster" thread swells with complaints of overpowered/cheap/annoying monsters that, for some reason, are not challenging but simply annoying. Funny, because I can recall dying many, many times in S2 rank missions with my Newman FF, not even through any real fault of my own. Maybe it's not hard because you're equipped with 30%+ line shields and play an obvious race+class combination, but are they really obligated to give you a hard, hard mode just because you're so obviously hardcore that the game is now easy-mode to you? Honestly, I just don't get it. If you want it to be hard, handicap yourself. If you want it to be hard by having intelligent A.I., don't kid yourself. All such a buff would do is result in you being nigh-permanently disabled as the openings for attack would become very few and far between. You're just looking for a different game at that point.

Libram
Apr 14, 2009, 10:56 AM
The game does have its flaws, and at times I will complain about some of the more annoying ones like collision detection and enemies dragging you around, but I still love this game.

str898mustang
Apr 14, 2009, 10:57 AM
nope, just been playing the game for 2 1/2 years for no reason lol

ironman24682
Apr 14, 2009, 11:02 AM
Also, why doesn't SoA offer a free trial period? Are they afraid people will try it and say, "Boy, I'm glad I didn't pay for this!"

darkante
Apr 14, 2009, 11:04 AM
This is the game serie i have put most of my gaming time on really just because i like it way too much. =)

PSU has a fast-paced combat in a more freely controlled gameplay and futuristic them which i just love. The reason i complain is that the company is really dragging this game to the ground for no good reasons with very slow updates and other bugs.
Itīs not strange..as this game ainīt cheap either. Iīm curious where the money really goes too, hell we should only pay like half what we do with the service we get.

Did i mention almost non-existent adversiment? They could have free-trials and other stuff to get more people to try it.

But the thing is...i still play,because i like this game way too much to let it dissapear...(too soon) Much more unique then most games i played online.

hewitt
Apr 14, 2009, 11:05 AM
I love it. :> I just wish more people would play.

sikotic_demon
Apr 14, 2009, 11:13 AM
I have to agree hweitt...... i would like to see more people play. unfortuneately the 3 people i started playing with have left me. their complaint being that they dont feel the game is worth the monthly fee. and also that you no longer could cast without a wand or rod linw in PSO.

cApNhOwDy
Apr 14, 2009, 11:17 AM
For the most part, I hate PSU. I used to play TR as well, it was a damn fine game and t'was a shame to see it go the way of the dodo. It's what I had imagined PSU would be like when it was still in development.

pinkace
Apr 14, 2009, 12:01 PM
For the most part, I hate PSU. I used to play TR as well, it was a damn fine game and t'was a shame to see it go the way of the dodo. It's what I had imagined PSU would be like when it was still in development.

then why are you here? why play the game? why why why?

Of course the game has flaws, no game is perfect. But rarely does anyone ever say 'hey, Sonic Team did a great job on x, y and z'. Most of the time people attack Sonic Team, even for things that are out of their control! So it's not just loving the game, it is also appreciating the creator of the game.

Yunfa
Apr 14, 2009, 12:02 PM
I f---ing love this game. I've sold my soul to SEGA. They love me back, why? Because they're given me Shred the Darkness on my birthday.

SEGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

- To OP, it's very easy to remember the ones that are complaining, but I can assure you the people who enjoy this game outnumbers the people who actually hate this game by a good margin; or else, why are we all here?

- Plus you also have to put into consideration that the game you mentioned may have an older audience who realizes life isn't fair, rather than little scrubs who complain every time something doesn't go their way, like alot of threads you've seen here. IE: "OH THE DROP RATE SUX, LOL, NOT REALLY, LOL, HUR HUR LOL I've wasted a few minutes of your life with my adolescent mind set, LOL"

Gunslinger-08
Apr 14, 2009, 12:16 PM
I love this game! I just have concerns about the management. >_>;

That being said, I don't complain often, if much at all.

Gibdozer
Apr 14, 2009, 12:19 PM
I love this game, it consumes my play time, even my wife is hooked now that shes' hijacked one of my character slots! The combat is incredibly fluid, the futuristic visuals are beautiful, and the level of character customization is fantastic (or rather phantastic). Best of all is the shop system which has allowed the in game economy to flourish, bringing a great deal of depth to PSU.

It's not all roses, in the past it really did take forever to get decent updates and events. Lately though Sega has done much better and deserves a little credit. Segac absolutely needed to market this game a little bit! The only Sega commercials I've seen since the DC have been for Virtual Fighter and Sonic games!

Some of the credit for the sparse population goes to we the players. I have definitely seen more dicks in this game (at least on 360) than people trying to assist new players. If I hadn't been such a big fan of the series when I started, my 1st day would've been my last day! I have gone to great lengths to get the word out on this game to my 360 friends (even so far as loaning one friend my backup copy and paying for his 1st month). Bottom line Sega will not advertise the game, if we want a higher population/retention rate it's up to us!

Sinue_v2
Apr 14, 2009, 12:21 PM
and lamented that more people weren't playing the game.

I've always been fond of the word lament for some reason. It's a powerful word if you ponder a bit on it. It's sad that people don't use it, and other more colorful words more often. I've also always liked the word ponder.

On these boards, all I see is complaining and bitching.

I think it comes with just being a fan of Sega. You would expect that after 20 years of suffering Sega's inability to capitalize on potential, one would get used to it. In my experience, it never happens. Sega, every so often, will kick out a stream of pretty rough and unpolished games that are pure gold. Their games can be as intoxicating to a gamer as the honeyed wine of the god to a mortal. Only recently, since shortly after the death of the Dreamcast, have they begun to really slip downhill. Part of their "return to non-profitability" plan, I suppose. They do their best when they're allowed free creative reign to craft the quirky and imaginative titles which become legends of the game industry. Unfortunately, these titles seem to pass undetected under the nose of the casual gamer - who's failure to appreciate the quality is akin to a redneck with an untrained pallet turning their nose up at the bold and striking flavor of a Moscatel Reserva Douro Port in favor of Strawberry Boone's Farm.

Anyone who's grown up on Sega's side of the console wars knows this well, and the battle scars of the 8 and 16 bit console wars wear on you. Some of us are a bit bitter over Sega's choice of direction and ultimate fate. Some of those who only got turned on to Sega during the waning hours of the Dreamcast's life have seen a glimpse, the spark of potential I speak of, and before their journey has even begun it was over.

Apologies for the melodrama. It's your fault for bringing up lamenting, as well as bit of Basil Haden.

So I ask: do you even LIKE this game?

Yes and no. As it's own title, it has some issues, but also has great untapped potential. This lack of potential seems to slap you in the face, bringing you to reality occasionally when you get lost in the fun and makes it rather difficult to recommend the game or say many nice things, even if it's not enough to make you quit. In my case anyhow. The biggest disappointment for me was the storyline and Sega's apparent abject refusal to live up to the standards of the old series in this regard. They're perfectly happy humping the still warm corpse of PSO for fanservice, but utterly refuse to tastefully and respectfully celebrate the Phantasy Star franchise as a whole. It's quite telling when Sonic Team can recognize their own incompetence in creating RPGs when it comes to outsourcing a Sonic RPG to Bioware - yet they are perfectly happy letting their flagship RPG franchise languish in mediocrity.

I think the camera control is fantastic, I never lose sight of where I am or where my target is. Too many third-person-view games have camera issues, and Sonic Team, since the days of PSO, created great camera control.

I agree with this statement. The camera-control in PSU is rather well implemented compared to it's contemporaries, and especially compared to Sonic Team's bluer and more furry endeavors.

I also love how you swap weapons on PSU. I can't think of another game right now that makes it so easy, or on which you don't have to pause or open a menu to swap weapons. It is done quickly and easy. The palette is a great idea.

On this point, I would disagree a bit. The current pallet system is far too limited and cumbersome for the increase in speed and action. It's only recently that Sonic Team addressed some rather niggling annoyances which should have been fixed in the first month - such as Photon Charges only filling a weapon up half-way, regardless of whether or not the other-hand weapon is completely full.

I also think they really should have added in the option for hot-key's or macros, or whatever in the same way that Blue Burst did. It would be primarily a PC implementation, but since the PS2 allows for USB keyboards - I see no reason why it couldn't have been implemented there as well.

I also think it would have benefited the game if they handled elements in a sort of PA/Skies of Arcadia crossover fashion. I wonder if it would have worked, allowing a player to craft a weapon only once - but then being able to hot-switch between elements on the fly and as necessary. Elemental %'s would level up the same as PA's, but would be unique for each weapon. So just because you have your Fire Element on your Saber at 30%, when you switch to Ice or Lightning Element - it may only be 20%, or 15%. If you have two different sabers, elemental % levels do not carry over and must be raised independently on each weapon. Weapon element levels would not carry over if sold or traded. However, since you can raise element %'s manually rather than having to get a lucky synth on a single element - the overall damage modifier should still be in favor of the weapon's ATP boost than the element itself.

As it is now, it seems, that weapon ATP is really meaningless. Character ATP and Element % seem to make up the bulk of your damage dealt.

Synthesizing and trading could still work by providing EXP bonus modifiers to elements. A high element EXP modifier on a weapon would make it more desirable, since the weilder could reach 50% with their elements (or a single element) much faster than someone who had a 20% EEM.

PACHI
Apr 14, 2009, 12:32 PM
The game has been great so far. Its just some of the small things that the game needs which we'll never see, like a fixed player market just like all other mmorpg (The market is so screwed up; certain weapons/items cost over 5-6 stacks!), implementing the 360 chat pad (it only takes coding and an xbox live patch), and a little more effort from SoA, which they've been doing a great job of so far this year.

Nuclearranger
Apr 14, 2009, 12:41 PM

A true fan.

Itachi1990
Apr 14, 2009, 12:44 PM
I love this game.I havent been playing much because im bored of it.But still love it.This game is different then most mmos.Ive tried tons of other games but didnt like them that much.Most others are almost exactly the same except for some different features.Most are like WoW.I just started FFXI I like it because im a big FF fan but i still like PSU more.Sega could have done better and a free trial and more advertisement would boost up the population.

MadDogg
Apr 14, 2009, 12:59 PM
The only single reason I play this is because there is no other options for the 360. Sure there is a lot of online rpgs for the PC, but I prefer to play my online games on a console, playing blue burst on PC just didn't feel right. As soon as any online rpg thats good or champions online come out for 360, whichever arrives first, I'm quitting this game in a heart beat. (Also I'm not touching final fantasy 11 with a 100 foot pole, I would much rather play WoW, but I prefer games thats in pso's style anyway).

Cracka_J
Apr 14, 2009, 01:19 PM
then why are you here?
Because I'm a fan of the PS series in general

why play the game?
I don't. Not anymore.

Of course the game has flaws, no game is perfect. But rarely does anyone ever say 'hey, Sonic Team did a great job on x, y and z'. Most of the time people attack Sonic Team, even for things that are out of their control! So it's not just loving the game, it is also appreciating the creator of the game.

To be completely honest, you sound very naive in your posts. You want to know the reasons why people say things against PSU, then call them all complainers for doing it. I don't think that's completely fair, and for you to even be asking that question shows you do not know or understand the past blunders/shortcomings of SEGA/ST or the GM's as a whole.

I was going to make this a lot longer but I'm making my own tl;dr here...
People like PSO/U and the PS series in general, but dislike a lot about the company/developer/management of the series. If you've been playing these games for more then a year or so, you know exactly why.

Noblewine
Apr 14, 2009, 01:47 PM
I enjoy playing PSU. The updates make the game more worthwhile and trying to upgrade my gear is fun.

biggabertha
Apr 14, 2009, 01:53 PM
I love this game for many reasons: The levels, the weapons, the combat, the support and most of all, the potential.

You can potentially be so powerful in this game and the developers could make the game astoundingly amazing - but they don't. Of course, the reasons are because you can't please everyone.

Like the heated ongoing debate about how Forces are lagging behind from both Rangers and Hunters - clicking on multi-targeting to a single target would give them a huge boost in damage but then there'd be complainers about how Lasers should do the same and such - then Dragon bosses would die even faster than they do now.

There's so much that could be done - twitching floors could be fixed, several classes needing rebalancing or some difficult enemies, some balanced drop rates, less crying, less rollbacks, more testing - the list goes on and on.

Sure, everyone always talks about the bad things but it's rare that people ever talk about the good things.

I remember how some people got super lucky with the Love Inferno last year. Some people even got lucky with the Lumirus Kaos Knight as well but the elitists or the devoted players that spam the mission several hundred times, get squat.

I honestly don't know what would revive the game but I do know that the GUARDIANs Cash scheme, is not such a good idea - but it's not my place to say.

Also - it's a human thing to just complain about things. Humans want what they can't have - no one's happy with what they have 100% of the time. You'll always get bored sooner or later.

darkante
Apr 14, 2009, 02:07 PM
Also - it's a human thing to just complain about things. Humans want what they can't have - no one's happy with what they have 100% of the time. You'll always get bored sooner or later.

Thatīs true. Itīs the human nature to challenge our minds and that never ends.
Thatīs why we never feel completely pleased with our accomplishment as we always aims for perfection.

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 02:33 PM

I don't. Not anymore.

To be completely honest, you sound very naive in your posts. You want to know the reasons why people say things against PSU, then call them all complainers for doing it. I don't think that's completely fair, and for you to even be asking that question shows you do not know or understand the past blunders/shortcomings of SEGA/ST or the GM's as a whole.

People like PSO/U and the PS series in general, but dislike a lot about the company/developer/management of the series. If you've been playing these games for more then a year or so, you know exactly why.

as much as i'd hate to agree with you, your right about this. about being fair and whatnot. good job Cracka_J !

pinkace
Apr 14, 2009, 02:34 PM
To be completely honest, you sound very naive in your posts. You want to know the reasons why people say things against PSU, then call them all complainers for doing it.

When did I ask that? I don't want an itemized list, what I don't understand is why continue playing a game if you dislike it, and more importantly why post on a board dedicated to a game you don't play or want to play.

I don't think that's completely fair, and for you to even be asking that question shows you do not know or understand the past blunders/shortcomings of SEGA/ST or the GM's as a whole.

what is there to understand? every PSO game so far (every game Sega has ever made, for that matter) has flaws. just like every other game in the world. my question is; why is it that TR players would post more often to praise and share their love for the game and the developer than to complain. When Sega/ST makes or releases a game, even a great one like Mad World, no love is shown, no respect. when they mess up, its still talked about 10 years later (Dreamcast)

This is the Phantasy Star Universe board. there are boards on this website for lovers of the PS series in general; so that raises two questions: why post here and why post negative comments here.

Look, all I am saying is, why are so many of the posts here negative?

you also have to put into consideration that the game you mentioned may have an older audience who realizes life isn't fair, rather than little scrubs who complain every time something doesn't go their way, like alot of threads you've seen here. IE: "OH THE DROP RATE SUX, LOL, NOT REALLY, LOL, HUR HUR LOL I've wasted a few minutes of your life with my adolescent mind set, LOL"

This is a great explanation.

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 02:47 PM
When did I ask that? I don't want an itemized list, what I don't understand is why continue playing a game if you dislike it, and more importantly why post on a board dedicated to a game you don't play or want to play.

to defend Cracka_J this website is a forum for ALL
PS games....

what is there to understand? every PSO game so far (every game Sega has ever made, for that matter) has flaws. just like every other game in the world. my question is; why is it that TR players would post more often to praise and share their love for the game and the developer than to complain. When Sega/ST makes or releases a game, even a great one like Mad World, no love is shown, no respect. when they mess up, its still talked about 10 years later (Dreamcast)

i have shown, stated, and protested my love for SEGA, and PSU. i will defend it til even after the game is dead, and buried. so please dont say no love is shown....just very little.

This is the Phantasy Star Universe board. there are boards on this website for lovers of the PS series in general; so that raises two questions: why post here and why post negative comments here.

Look, all I am saying is, why are so many of the posts here negative?.

no, as i stated above, this forum is for ALL PS games... and he posts here cause the title of the thread is "Do You Even Like PSU?" so, he has every right to post here....cause the title was asking him, and all of us our opinions.

fay
me personally. i try to like this game. i really do and i do constantly play it every day because i try to like it.
its when sega make promises and then dont deliver or they dont say anything at all. if something wrong, a player can send a ticket in asking when it will be fixed. segas reply. we cant tell you when.
the whole we cant tell you does my head in. im not gonna hate sega if they tell me something i dont wanna hear. i just want them to be honest so i know something is happening or will be at some point

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
I love this game quite frankly. Even moreso than F.E.A.R 2, the Touhou series, and the Shadow Hearts games. I started back in the Phantasy Star Online days of the Dreamcast. To me, this put Everquest (which was big back then) to shame. In my eyes PSO made EQ it's bondage slave. Then after spreading my joy across EP1&2 on XBox there was a long quiet period. I was sad that such a great game would ebb away. Then out of the abyss sprouted PSU. Bigger, better, more customization, more times for me to go "AUuuuuUUUUUUUUGH! So AWESOME! I just came!". It did just that. My only gripe was that Ethan Waber made me wanna punch a wall. But after completing Story Mode on the first PSU I went through it again. I then found out that it has alternate Episode Introductions akin to Disgaea! That made me again, shoot Love Goo in my knickers. Then AoI came out and I was happy. Mainly due to the fact that I can give Ethan Waber a Skull F*ck with a pair of knuckles. But apparently he was too over-leveled for me to do so oh well. But anyways I adore this game. I adore PSO and PSU. My only gripe is that the music could be better and that Sega of America could do a little bit of a better job of ACTUALLY PROMOTING THE GAME! Flippin tossers.

pinkace
Apr 14, 2009, 02:55 PM
no, as i stated above, this forum is for ALL PS games... and he posts here cause the title of the thread is "Do You Even Like PSU?" so, he has every right to post here....cause the title was asking him, and all of us our opinions.

Please select your board from this list. Thank you.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/index.php

Also, please read what I posted. I didn't ask Cracka "why did you post here". he can of course post anywhere he wants. So can I. But I don't play or own Final Fantasy 11, so why would I post there?

fay
Apr 14, 2009, 03:04 PM
pinkace - some people just still post. for eg. im not playing PSU at the moment. ill come back for the event but after that ill probably quit for good. im still gonna stick about though. i still actually like the game so i still want to see whats happening in the world of PSU even though i won't be playing it

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 03:06 PM
Please select your board from this list. Thank you.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/index.php

Also, please read what I posted. I didn't ask Cracka "why did you post here". he can of course post anywhere he wants. So can I. But I don't play or own Final Fantasy 11, so why would I post there?

i dont exactly get what the reason you gave me pso-world.com for....
if you were trying to say its only for PSU...scroll down a bit, you see ps0, ps: p, PSO...

RemiusTA
Apr 14, 2009, 03:13 PM

A few months ago I bought Tabula Rasa: collectors edition for like $15 at best buy, seemed like a good deal. Too bad that the game was already scheduled to go offline in a few months. So I played the game and loved it. I joined a community of players on PlanetTR boards, and posted on their forums.

As it was my second Online RPG (PSO/PSU is the other) it was alien to me how they actually DEFENDED their game, complimented the developers on doing a good job, and lamented that more people weren't playing the game.

That is true fandom.

On these boards, all I see is complaining and bitching. So I ask: do you even LIKE this game? If all you do is complain, then why are you here? Why play a game you dislike and why post on a board to CONSTANTLY deride Sonic Team?

of course we all like the game. Thats why we're here.

I personally think PSU is an amazing concept, and that it has great potental. I ragg on sonic team because they seem to not even realize it / are too lazy to take initiative on it.

stukasa
Apr 14, 2009, 03:18 PM
I love the game, not the service. The constant delays and rollbacks are kind of depressing but I try not to let that interfere with liking the game itself, which I still do after 2+ years!

elshagan
Apr 14, 2009, 03:22 PM
I love this game no matter what. I've been playing PSO EP I & II on my gc n from time to time also EP III but anyways point is PSO was a milestone in MMORPGS now PSU is carrying on that tradition. I admit doing the same mish over n over again cause everyones there (WB) do get a bit boring... But the small community makes it worth it cause everyone basically knows everyone so to say. I haven't been able to play a single run the entire day without ending up with someone I know. So it's great to have a small community if you ask me. Another thing I love is that even tho the prices are INSANE ppl do tend to give something away for free if they really don't need it and are in a good mood n not to forget about those that seriously sell below average prices decirve to be mentioned... Now the economy sucks but the more ppl who sell weps for a lower price the lower the economy will become, just like in RL which kinda sucks atm lools... XD Anyways back on track... We might not get all the updates on time, but unlike most MMORPGs there's no bugs or other errors when we actually get them... Trust me on this I've played n beta tested alot of MMO games ranging from WoW to EVE online n so on, n everytime there's an update there are bugs sometimes a few sometimes alot but on PSU I've never experienced any bugs after an update even if they take time to get here.

N now I'll stop before I lose track of my mind n start talking about completely random stuff that got nothing to do with this game like why there's no Lobby maps like what missions should I do to get to this lobby... N so on... oh wait sorry shutting up now...

Sinue_v2
Apr 14, 2009, 03:24 PM
I then found out that it has alternate Episode Introductions akin to Disgaea! That made me again, shoot Love Goo in my knickers.

I agree. Those alternate episode previews were rather cheeky and cute. They got to be pretty corny at times, but often genuinely humorous. Such as Lou falling in love with Ethan. Plus, they served an extremely important purpose. They proved that the Voice Actors for PSU were, in actuality, really quite good. Most people write off the VA's, though they are better than many other games. Generally, it's a varying mixed bag of good and bad in people's minds. However, since the alternate episode previews had no graphics - the VA dialog was much more relaxed and natural feelings, as they didn't have to worry about matching emotion and cutting/modding dialog to match lip synchs.

It shows me that the real problem with the VAs was the direction, not the actors themselves.

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 03:24 PM
I love the game, not the service. The constant delays and rollbacks are kind of depressing but I try not to let that interfere with liking the game itself, which I still do after 2+ years!

constant rollbacks? there havent been many rollbacks from what i recall...ive been playing 2+ years now..5 or less from what i remember.

xBladeM6x
Apr 14, 2009, 03:26 PM
Even with the game flaws, and the poor support it gets from the devs, I still love this game, and will continue to play it because I get enjoyment out of it that far exceeds any of my other games.

Koiwai_Keiji
Apr 14, 2009, 03:27 PM
I like PSU...I think a lot of people do that post here. Its easier to complain when you actually care about the subject in question, not so easy for something you're indifferent about. There's probably different groups, if we're going to generalize, that complain about this game.

1) Those that are fond of the Phantasy Star series and feel PSU isn't living up to the potential of the franchise, not enough references to Lutz, Rune, Nei, Chad, Alys, Profound Darkness, not enough storyetc.

2)Those that are fond of PSO and feel PSU isn't living up to the potential of that game, i.e. they miss c-mode weapons they could name, 1/80,000 drop rates, unsealing j-swords, very very fast walking delsabers with leaning-back invincibility animation, kireek, black paper, red ring rico, etc. So not enough references there (even if they did bring mag in and some pso weps, this group wants the golden age of PSO revisited).

3)Those that complain because its easier for them to do so then to put effort into finding/doing what they want (drop rates, grinding weapon, player shop prices, meseta).

4) Those that like PSU for the game it is, but unhappy that the japanese side has a better managed schedule of updates than the US side. Primary reason is they feel they pay the same amount for PSU as the other side but not the same treatment. Probably because PSU's main source of income is jp side, and the updates are handled by SoJ, not SoA, so they might not be staffed well enough to properly handle both in the same manner.

5) Those that have felt they found everything they want, have exhausted all of PSU's content, and are starving for more, and so complain because they feel there's nothing else to do while they wait for the next update.

6) Those who like the game but their primary play group have left and don't like/don't care for the remaining population.

You can fit into one or more of these categories of course, its not mutually exclusive. Does that sound like most of the complainers?

I was in the #4 category for awhile, but I figured its a new game, sega should have a chance, but really, I knew it when they announced we weren't playing with the japanese pc/ps2 population. It happened on PSO *shrug* so it was just bound to happen again. I still like PSU, its a great game to play and I've met great friends to play with. I don't really complain on the forum though...it just seems like wasted effort.

System-Id
Apr 14, 2009, 03:39 PM

I don't. Not anymore.

I was going to make this a lot longer but I'm making my own tl;dr here...

Same. I like the game but refuse to play it.
Services are beyond garbage. And lack of party's.
And im here because i can be. :)

pinkace
Apr 14, 2009, 03:42 PM
i dont exactly get what the reason you gave me pso-world.com for....
if you were trying to say its only for PSU...scroll down a bit, you see ps0, ps: p, PSO...

I don't have to explain how 'boards' work, sorry. You answered your own question anyways.

constant rollbacks? there havent been many rollbacks from what i recall...ive been playing 2+ years now..5 or less from what i remember.

I was wondering about that... the game has had 2 rollbacks that I remember, and from what I have read and seen, other online games have constant rollbacks and patches and patches for the patches.

Elley
Apr 14, 2009, 03:44 PM
Great game! I love my masterforce.

pinkace
Apr 14, 2009, 03:56 PM
This thread has an overwhelming percentage of positive replies, and that's good. I think all we need to do is once in a while make a 'Love' thread and have everyone swim in it :)

One of the reasons I chose to make this thread was this thread:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161876

The bashing of PSO: BB. made me sort of lose it; ST fixed so many of the issuies from previous games and still people call the game 'broken'!? That made me look for a positive thread, ANY positive thread, and I kept seeing the same negative, angry comments.

desturel
Apr 14, 2009, 04:02 PM
I love the game. It's one of three games that I play on a regular basis. PSU, Street Fighter 4, and Immaterial and Missing Power. Sometimes I play Imperishable Night or Phantasmagoria of Flower View, but I'm not great at danmaku. I should be getting Scarlet Weather Rhapsody soon.

Warlock01
Apr 14, 2009, 04:08 PM
would love to see more people play, and have only 1 problem with game play.

last event during the carnival saw a huge amount of booter's. and again for the love inferno hunt. too many times i ran a mission from the start and got booted. even happened on PF many a time.
remove the option to boot someone say 60% of the way through the game.
or make a complaint area where you can rate a person's performance etc. once they get say 10 bad stars for booting people they get flagged as a booter.
i know people want their rare's, but why should they be allowed to kick people out of the game after the innocent people did their fair % of the work to get there.

other than that, i love the game so far.

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 04:09 PM

[quote=pinkace;2289610]I don't have to explain how 'boards' work, sorry. You answered your own question anyways.

either i misread what you posted, or you misread mine....i thought you were saying, psow is ONLY for PSU....when its for all of Phantasy Star games(or most, i dont know how many there are, and not listed, if any)

I was wondering about that... the game has had 2 rollbacks that I remember, and from what I have read and seen, other online games have constant rollbacks and patches and patches for the patches.

yea, the hacking, and glitching isnt bad either....so idk what that person meant.

oh, and take a look at this, one of my positive threads, which leads into people hating...but at least you know 1 person care about SEGA and doesnt hate.....take a look--http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159640

LaMBoLOgy
Apr 14, 2009, 04:17 PM
I left PSU about 6 months ago. Not because it was boring, but because all of my closest friends quit. I Love PSU, honestly it is a mediocre game, but I believe people whom play the games are more responsible for it's success. Negativity is a disease that spreads, far and wide. If people just relax and make friends, Eveything could go better, or not...but it least the crew will go down with the ship happily. I'm planning on comming back just, to hang with my sheeple. DaFamilia for those that don't know. But, what it lacks it some ways , it makes up for in others, keep that in mind folks.

gratefulgriz
Apr 14, 2009, 04:18 PM
I am not the biggest PSU fan, but I love the camera too and a few other things, but I am a HUGE PS fan so I keep playing no matter what!

Syl
Apr 14, 2009, 04:18 PM
Love the game and its concept, hate how ignored it is in terms of patch delivery and all the screw ups that cause the US and JP servers to be split by about 8-9 months in patches :/

stukasa
Apr 14, 2009, 04:20 PM
I said "constant delays and rollbacks," not "constant delays and constant rollbacks." The delays have been constant, the rollbacks haven't. :p I think ST has a done a pretty good job this year so far (definitely better than last year) and we're actually getting STD sooner than I expected! I just hope they can keep up this pace since we're still far behind JP. Maybe if we're lucky they can rush us that big system update JP just got, that would be nice!

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 04:23 PM
I can honestly say that I wish PSU's service was better. I played online for a few months a while back and was horrified at how bad the service was. I have a level 200 human offline, haha. I like the game, its just to easy and the lack of content sucks.

PSO was there waiting for me when I got back, I'm happy with my GC.

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 04:24 PM
I said "constant delays and rollbacks," not "constant delays and constant rollbacks." The delays have been constant, the rollbacks haven't. :p I think ST has a done a pretty good job this year so far (definitely better than last year) and we're actually getting STD sooner than I expected! I just hope they can keep up this pace since we're still far behind JP. Maybe if we're lucky they can rush us that big system update JP just got, that would be nice!

i see what you mean now, just putting it out there with another thing. but still, like ive posted in other threads, im not going to miss what i never had. I have fun on this game 90% of the time. the other 10% is running the same mission over and over hunting for one item that doesnt drop...anyway, i just keep to the US servers, and dont worry about what JP is getting cause eventually, we will get what they have. When that time comes, i will worry about it by saying "awesome, something cool"

cApNhOwDy
Apr 14, 2009, 04:56 PM
then why are you here? why play the game? why why why?

I don't play the game, I certainly dont appreciate the creator of the game, and I dont appreciate the bad job that Sonic Team did and continues to do with regards to PSU.

Cracka J pretty much said everything else that I wanted to say, him and I have always been eye-to-eye on alot of things.

The development team behind Tabula Rasa put their shit in overdrive to fix the game's bugs. Particularly during the final months, whenever everyone knew that the game was going under, that didnt stop them from fulfilling their promises to give the players Earth, Mechs, and PAU's. They didnt mess around, they worked hard and earned my subscription fee. Comparing the patch notes of what they did with each and every bi-weekly updated to something as silly as the time spent focusing on the robot slowdown bug on 360 PSU, it's simply unacceptable quality control.

Yunfa
Apr 14, 2009, 04:57 PM
I can honestly say that I wish PSU's service was better. I played online for a few months a while back and was horrified at how bad the service was. I have a level 200 human offline, haha. I like the game, its just to easy and the lack of content sucks.

PSO was there waiting for me when I got back, I'm happy with my GC.

As much as I love PSO with 3 memory cards of 100+ 12 Characters with EVERY SINGLE RARE IN TEH GAME for GC, my 2nd memory card was corrupted when the power went out when I was saving.

Some people quit PSU because their weapon breaks when grinding, I can't possibly think of the domestic violence they'd cause when EVERYTHING they have including their characters were to be wiped.

fay
Apr 14, 2009, 05:19 PM
As much as I love PSO with 3 memory cards of 100+ 12 Characters with EVERY SINGLE RARE IN TEH GAME for GC, my 2nd memory card was corrupted when the power went out when I was saving.

Some people quit PSU because their weapon breaks when grinding, I can't possibly think of the domestic violence they'd cause when EVERYTHING they have including their characters were to be wiped.

happened to me either 2/3 times.
i was rather pissed. said id never play again.....untill an hour and a half passed.
Phantasy Star games are just so fecking addictive :(

pikachief
Apr 14, 2009, 05:20 PM
I think its fun but not OMG TEH BEST GAME EVARZ!!!!11!1!one!!!1!!eleven!!!!

pinkace
Apr 14, 2009, 07:14 PM
either i misread what you posted, or you misread mine....i thought you were saying, psow is ONLY for PSU....when its for all of Phantasy Star games(or most, i dont know how many there are, and not listed, if any)

if you go to http://www.pso-world.com/forums you will see a list of boards to choose from. the first one, PSU General, is ONLY for PSU topics. If I started a thread about PSO Ep3, it would promptly be MOVED by the moderator to the appropriate PSO Ep3 board because it doesn't belong here.

therefore, I cannot understand it when someone that doesn't play, like, or enjoy Phantasy Star Universe posts on this board. Not telling anyone what they can and cannot do, simply pointing out an obvious waste of time.

I don't play the game, I certainly dont appreciate the creator of the game, and I dont appreciate the bad job that Sonic Team did and continues to do with regards to PSU.

Cracka J pretty much said everything else that I wanted to say, him and I have always been eye-to-eye on alot of things.

The development team behind Tabula Rasa put their shit in overdrive to fix the game's bugs. Particularly during the final months, whenever everyone knew that the game was going under, that didnt stop them from fulfilling their promises to give the players Earth, Mechs, and PAU's. They didnt mess around, they worked hard and earned my subscription fee. Comparing the patch notes of what they did with each and every bi-weekly updated to something as silly as the time spent focusing on the robot slowdown bug on 360 PSU, it's simply unacceptable quality control.

WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT.

TR went forever without being updated. the only reason that the game finally got the updates is because people started dropping like flies. So NCS got scared, poured money and time onto the game and then by the time they got everything in line it was too late.

Nice to know you played the game too [rolls eyes]

AngelofEnders
Apr 14, 2009, 07:37 PM
This topic is like watching Sweet 16 on MTV. You can come to my party but god forbid you think it sucks.

...And that show sucked.

Sinue_v2
Apr 14, 2009, 07:38 PM
I think all we need to do is once in a while make a 'Love' thread and have everyone swim in it

That sounds.... unsanitary.

cApNhOwDy
Apr 14, 2009, 07:38 PM
lol, PSU goes forever without updates. Think about it, half of the "updates" this game gets is content that's already on the disc. Unlocking shit that was already there shouldn't count.

pinkace
Apr 14, 2009, 07:45 PM
lol, PSU goes forever without updates. Think about it, half of the "updates" this game gets is content that's already on the disc. Unlocking shit that was already there shouldn't count.

I agree. and the monthly fee is... steep.

and the game has issues. but that's ALL we talk about. think about it; how many game fansites do you know have their own 'RANTS' board?

This topic is like watching Sweet 16 on MTV. You can come to my party but god forbid you think it sucks.

good point.

dentRED
Apr 14, 2009, 07:51 PM
I absolutely love this game! I've been playing for almost 2 years now, and i've never complained once. ^_^ I just play the game.

Zyrusticae
Apr 14, 2009, 08:14 PM
TBPH, I don't think the monthly fee's that bad considering it's $5 less than WoW or pretty much every other MMORPG on the market that came after EQ.

That said, the update pace is still hard to forgive. Likewise with the complete and utter lack of promotion...

Africa
Apr 14, 2009, 08:14 PM
you can only assume 1 of two things about psu players and why we gripe so much about it.
1.your a masochist
2.you like the game and want to get the most enjoyable experience out of it.

those are the only real options and different games will have different types of players but psu's community is just vocal about it.

jShazBot
Apr 14, 2009, 08:16 PM
I've been playing PSO/PSU for a LONG time. I first played it on PS2, then got AoI a year later for PC, then got PSU Aoi for xbox another year later. Though I eventually grew to dislike PSU greatly over the time, I still kinda feel obliged to play it for some reason. I mean, my favorite thing about PSU is the theme. Thats probably what keeps me hooked to it. I loved the futuristic anime theme in PSO and I probably love it just as much in PSU. Now, I don't even watch anime but I just love how everyone looks like anime characters. All the other MMO's out there that try to create a very realistic look often end up very messy and ugly looking.
Yeah, it's really just the style of the game that keeps me loving it. Its just so unique and there arn't alot of games out there that look like this one.

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 14, 2009, 08:29 PM
I like PSU...I think a lot of people do that post here. Its easier to complain when you actually care about the subject in question, not so easy for something you're indifferent about. There's probably different groups, if we're going to generalize, that complain about this game.

1) Those that are fond of the Phantasy Star series and feel PSU isn't living up to the potential of the franchise, not enough references to Lutz, Rune, Nei, Chad, Alys, Profound Darkness, not enough storyetc.

2)Those that are fond of PSO and feel PSU isn't living up to the potential of that game, i.e. they miss c-mode weapons they could name, 1/80,000 drop rates, unsealing j-swords, very very fast walking delsabers with leaning-back invincibility animation, kireek, black paper, red ring rico, etc. So not enough references there (even if they did bring mag in and some pso weps, this group wants the golden age of PSO revisited).

3)Those that complain because its easier for them to do so then to put effort into finding/doing what they want (drop rates, grinding weapon, player shop prices, meseta).

4) Those that like PSU for the game it is, but unhappy that the japanese side has a better managed schedule of updates than the US side. Primary reason is they feel they pay the same amount for PSU as the other side but not the same treatment. Probably because PSU's main source of income is jp side, and the updates are handled by SoJ, not SoA, so they might not be staffed well enough to properly handle both in the same manner.

5) Those that have felt they found everything they want, have exhausted all of PSU's content, and are starving for more, and so complain because they feel there's nothing else to do while they wait for the next update.

6) Those who like the game but their primary play group have left and don't like/don't care for the remaining population.

You can fit into one or more of these categories of course, its not mutually exclusive. Does that sound like most of the complainers?

I was in the #4 category for awhile, but I figured its a new game, sega should have a chance, but really, I knew it when they announced we weren't playing with the japanese pc/ps2 population. It happened on PSO *shrug* so it was just bound to happen again. I still like PSU, its a great game to play and I've met great friends to play with. I don't really complain on the forum though...it just seems like wasted effort.

1: I wholeheartedly accept this as a reason to not like PSU. Equally, I could care less if all the games were linked or not.
2: Great. If you want PSO revisited, GO VISIT PSO. They're two different games. I'd be a happy person if 2 things happened. First if people would quit asking for more PSO in PSU. Second, if Sega would quit porting PSO GARBAGE to PSU
3: Can't fix these people, better to ignore them honestly.
4: This is a bullshit excuse. If you're sick of not having what JP does learn fucking katakana! It took me 3 days to do so. I'm far from a genius, if I can do it others can. Or if you're too lazy to learn something new, then QUIT READING ABOUT JP UPDATES! There's a reason why they list them as JP updates.
5: Can't do anything about it. It happens in ALL games, just slower in some than PSU. If you're out of things to do, take a break and relax until new content is released. I'm not saying to log in and sit there, but you don't have to be a jerk on the boards when you're bored in game.
6: Another garbage answer. If you don't like the population you aren't looking hard enough. I can find people I like to run with any time I log in. I play PC/PS2, so it shouldn't be hard for you Xbox people unless your population is complete trash (not that I'm saying it is!) You want people to play with, look for them, most people are looking for the same thing you are.

I know, right? The only memory card I had was one of the garbage Mad Katz ones, which had this flaw in it that it kept corrupting when my main character hit Lv122. I tried remedying it by leveling other characters, but sure enough I had about 6 or 7 times I lost 4 Lv110+ characters right around 120 on my main -_-

Great. Then only 1 update japan has got "counts" by your logic. All the updates they have that we don't is "shit that was already there"/

We get updates fairly regularly NOW. I know it was obscenely bad in the past, but they've taken the effort to get their work in order and get things unlocked fairly regularly.

I agree. and the monthly fee is... steep.

Where do you live that $10 a month is steep? Moreover, show me any pay to play games that cost drastically less than that?

$10 a month is hardly steep, you spend at least 3x that on the internet connection to play the game and nobody complains about that.

On topic: I like PSU because there are no games like it.

Reasons I like PSU:
Controller Support
Even dirt minimum graphics don't change much from high-end graphics
Cohesive storyline without feeling tacked on (of course I played episode 1 which most people don't even know about)
Marvelous upgrades to controls and game mechanics over ZOMGPSO
I'll be the first to use it as a positive thing: Small population. I like being able to pick up a random game with some decent people instead of wading through a forest of spam bubbles from braindead fanboys or 12 year olds.

This game- and it's developers- has had it fair share of things wrong with it, but I haven't found anything out there worth playing instead.

Zyrusticae
Apr 14, 2009, 08:57 PM
On topic: I like PSU because there are no games like it.

So damn true. It makes me sad.

If there were more competition of its type out there, I'm sure we'd have some incredibly awesome and kickass hack-and-slash momurpurgers. Unfortunately, for one reason or another, publishers seem content with pumping out loads and loads of EQ and WoW clones looking for that slice of its incredibly massive, globe-spanning pie.

So PSU is all I have until the sequel. So even for all its faults, I tolerate them, because they're not bad enough to detract from the fact that it is a fun game and the only one of its kind.

pinkace
Apr 14, 2009, 09:01 PM
Where do you live that $10 a month is steep? Moreover, show me any pay to play games that cost drastically less than that?

$10 a month is hardly steep, you spend at least 3x that on the internet connection to play the game and nobody complains about that.

I see where those who gripe about it are coming from.... those games that charge $5 more a month are obligated to constantly update their game, and not with events. If PSU was a typical pc MMORPG, we would have demanded a whole new planet years ago.

But of course, PSU is better than all other MMOs so that evens it out for me :P

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 14, 2009, 09:05 PM
I see where those who gripe about it are coming from.... those games that charge $5 more a month are obligated to constantly update their game, and not with events. If PSU was a typical pc MMORPG, we would have demanded a whole new planet years ago.

But of course, PSU is better than all other MMOs so that evens it out for me :P

Actually, they're not obligated to do anything more than PSU does for us. They just cost more. You don't pay for the right to updates, or the right to be heard as a person, you pay to play their game, according to their rules, until they see fit to stop providing it to you for their fee.

Of course, since you are on my side of the discussion, I'll quit arguing with you lol

Zyrusticae
Apr 14, 2009, 09:10 PM
They're not obligated to do anything.

The $15 a month is for playing the game as-is, at that very moment. Any updates are there as incentive to make sure you keep paying, but they do not have to do it. But they will if they can afford to do so, because otherwise they start losing customers (of course). The mindset that they MUST do so isn't quite correct, and really is just something that came after the fact (because they've done so in the past, they must now always do so, right?).

autumn
Apr 14, 2009, 09:14 PM
I adore PSU. I can't help it, I'm addicted.

I love the fact that I had to expand my PM to hold all of my clothes on my main and I have girlish fits when new clothes are released. I love the anime look to this game and the options to make my characters look good. I'm not into the realistic look that most games go for, its ugly, particularly if you don't have the ZOMG$2000alltopofthelinepiecey-parts PC. PSUs low graphic look better then most games high graphics IMO.

I like photon weapons. I like some of PSUs beautiful lobbies. I really like how the HIVE and Relics stages look. Reskins or not PSU has some enemies I like quite a bit. People bash WB all the time but the stage itself it very pretty and I remember being awed by the alterazgohg the first time I fought it.

I like room customization. I am very happy having the 1-Up cup song playing in 3 out of my 4 rooms atm. I like my partner machine, I like dragging the bald guy who heals alot with me through missions. I like the fact that I can have a loli space elf run around with a hunk of photonic horn as big as she is and she can crunch enemies with it. I like the cool bullet animations (cubo tuma anyone?). I am happy with our small population, I don't want to play with a million other people. Its little stuff that makes me happy with this game. SEGA could get updates over here faster although they have just been rolling it out for the past few months and no one really has a right to complain about them atm. What was done in the past is done, you can't change it and the only thing you can do is look forward. I'll be doing so with my eyes on new rares and new friends.

cApNhOwDy
Apr 14, 2009, 09:16 PM
Great. Then only 1 update japan has got "counts" by your logic. All the updates they have that we don't is "shit that was already there"/

We get updates fairly regularly NOW. I know it was obscenely bad in the past, but they've taken the effort to get their work in order and get things unlocked fairly regularly.

Pretty much, although I considered the pre-AotI patch and the recent AotI PC patch to be updates as well, but if it's already on the disc that I payed for then I dont consider it to be a true update. Things shouldnt be unlocked fairly regularly, they should be updated fairly regularly. Unlocking content that we've already payed retail price for is a bullshit way of stretching out our subscription dollar.

necman
Apr 14, 2009, 09:17 PM
If you wanted Good compliments only you should have said fan boy psu thread. die hards only or something. Now to business.

Most businessess have comment boxes. Have you ever filled one out saying what great service you had or anything? Thats' what I thought. People always complain about what they don't like and never say a thing about what is going good. It's a part of life. This game has it's flaws and too many to count, but I live with em. Sure the population is low but you only need 5 more people to fill a party so it's not your worry if the game is dead, It's sega's lost revenue for not advertising. Unless the servers shut down. If your looking for a good game psu is for you but if your looking for a great game keep on searching.

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 14, 2009, 09:24 PM
Pretty much, although I considered the pre-AotI patch and the recent AotI PC patch to be updates as well, but if it's already on the disc that I payed for then I dont consider it to be a true update. Things shouldnt be unlocked fairly regularly, they should be updated fairly regularly. Unlocking content that we've already payed retail price for is a bullshit way of stretching out our subscription dollar.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you man. The point though is that Sega doesn't have the manpower to crank out updates like that often. If you bought AotI and everything up to the Supplemental Update was already unlocked three months later you'd have nothing to do.

And just the FYI, about 75% of the people I know who play on PC didn't pay a dime for the game they play, aside from the monthly fee...

pinkace
Apr 14, 2009, 10:00 PM
Actually, they're not obligated to do anything more than PSU does for us. They just cost more. You don't pay for the right to updates, or the right to be heard as a person, you pay to play their game, according to their rules, until they see fit to stop providing it to you for their fee.

Of course, since you are on my side of the discussion, I'll quit arguing with you lol

They're not obligated to do anything.

The $15 a month is for playing the game as-is, at that very moment. Any updates are there as incentive to make sure you keep paying, but they do not have to do it. But they will if they can afford to do so, because otherwise they start losing customers (of course). The mindset that they MUST do so isn't quite correct, and really is just something that came after the fact (because they've done so in the past, they must now always do so, right?).

They aren't 'contractually' obligated, but the market has made it so.

aren't most MMO's free to download and pay-to-play anyways?

Tabula was, and those who bought a disc got some extra items in their box.

on-topic:

so many people have brought up the anime influence in the game's style... I kinda like it too. Not a fan of the uber-realistic games anyways...

wasn't it miyamoto that said that if the gaming world keeps getting so caught up with realistic graphics and physics, we will be playing tooth brushing simulators soon?

BLADE_EDGE
Apr 14, 2009, 10:06 PM
I think one of the reasons people are inclined to complain about the game is that we know what updates we are going to get and we get upset when we don't know when they will come out, plus all the rollbacks that go on also cuase complaints but that doesnt mean we dont enjoy playing the game. so answer to question : I love PSU.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 14, 2009, 10:20 PM
You know what would make this game great? Sex and alot of explosions. Also to be able to pair up with Bruce Willis and Chuck Norris to fight the SEED. Oh and chucking cars at helicopters....that are piloted by midgets and going to illegal lobster knife fights.

ShonagarACE
Apr 14, 2009, 10:21 PM
You know what would make this game great? Sex and alot of explosions. Also to be able to pair up with Bruce Willis and Chuck Norris to fight the SEED. Oh and chucking cars at helicopters....that are piloted by midgets and going to illegal lobster knife fights.

Baller status.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 14, 2009, 10:24 PM
Baller status.

I'm telling you if SEGA implemented that heads would explode from the shear awesomeness.

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 14, 2009, 10:25 PM
illegal lobster knife fights? Sure.

Just keep those Kenyan Mangrove Crabs away from me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mHKHKR8x6A

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 11:37 PM
you guys know, technically, the only updates we get are ones that are unlocked....you have to have the content on the disc for it to be supported...and although im not a pc genius/programmer/or anything that counts towards this, but its what ie been told by many, many people....also...this game isnt like anything else as BIGGIE stated, which is also why i like it. That and i've never played ANY OTHER mmorpg, and i cant find anything else worth my time. i've dedicated over 2 years to this game, as have many other people, so im not willing to give up 2+ years of my life on something i dont enjoy. i love psu period. and as ive stated in many past posts, if i have to, i will be the last subscriber to psu.

sikotic_demon
Apr 15, 2009, 01:00 AM
you wont have to ..... ill be there till the end as well.

darkante
Apr 15, 2009, 04:50 AM
End game? Yeah, iīm pretty sure iīm still there then.

MadDogg
Apr 15, 2009, 06:03 AM
Hopefully when champions online come out for the 360 and it actually has great sales would give sega a clue that treating every region equal and unlocking the game's content from the get, while adding more downloadable content when the time comes would actually improve the game's sales and population, instead up this stupid unlocking content bit by bit crap they started with blue burst. Sega needs competition to kick them in gear, either treat all regions equal in updates like every other american/european company does with their mmos or online rpgs, or get crushed by champion's sales.

darkante
Apr 15, 2009, 06:48 AM
I think they hardly care. If they did, this game wouldnīt be down to the ground.

syouz
Apr 15, 2009, 06:49 AM
it's not sonic team fault that all you do is spam over and over again White Beast until you get bored there like 100000 more missions to play but you ppl keep playing white beast the easiest mission on game if you want some challenge go play a hive mission or mother brain and stop complaining about the updates it's gettin odd

helix.hex
Apr 15, 2009, 06:53 AM
i am probably the ones who can say this honestly:

i hate psu:aoi and only reason i play it is for notes (i just come here to find out what makes it so great: sadly i am disappointed in findings)

aoi is nothing more to me than a lab rat that has been born with more genetic flaws than anything i have seen. in fact i dont play it until it is absolutely needed which has not been much.

right now the only thing i can say is that sonic team has done what they do best in my opinion: make something look shiny and new only to find its faults.(every time i think of dual sentient or gameguard i want to purge!)

sorry if i have upset any of you but in order to learn from other mistakes you must study their failures. this is no different to me.

MadDogg
Apr 15, 2009, 07:28 AM
Yeah I love PSO and PSU just like everybody else, hell PSO is my favorite game of all time. I'm just tired of giving sega 10 dollars a month for this unfair treatment. It's like if you compare sega to companies like blizzard w/WoW and NCsoft w/city of heroes, they treat all the regions as equals like a company should, making sega look like a bunch of racist ass hats with the whole japanese favoritism, japanese>the world who everyone else are a bunch of chumps. This crap has been going on since ver1 with their sponsored events giving japanese players money prizes etc.

That is why I'm kind of hoping champions online takes off. It's like hell I want to love PSU, but whats the point of giving these dudes strip club change if I can give it to a american/european company that actually gives a damn about every single region, hopefully sega will up their game to try to compete, but like some of you already said they probably just don't give a damn no more, just squeezing out what little money they can before they go under.

darkante
Apr 15, 2009, 08:02 AM
Itīs strange in a way, it seems like they want too go under.
You can see that they have lost their spark somewhere in these past years.
This game is one potential golden game in their bagage, but they just donīt realise it.

CyberMaid
Apr 15, 2009, 08:12 AM
I've never complained about PSU or PSO in the old days.
The only thing i can complain about is that i'd like to see more players :3

Cracka_J
Apr 15, 2009, 08:26 AM
hrm, thread actually turned into a good read. good stuff peeps.

Still will always disagree with the "you don't play so you can't post" mentality, though. I played nearly 2.5 years of this game since launch, and still have quite a bit of knowledge about the game stuck in my old brain. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, PSOW is a PS fan website. Any fan of the series is entitled to post wherever they feel like as long as they abide by the rules of the board.

I'm not always posting negative stuff either, as you cared to assume. I try to give help/pointers when I see topics I can answer. Just when topics about how we should all hold hands and make love to pink bunnies with rainbows while discussing psu's camera system (yeah the one that still clips on walls nearly 90% of the time) come up, I'm going to give my opinion. You can like what I post, you can hate what I post, I really don't care. But I'm still gonna post it. So deal.

And biggie is right about psu being one of a kind. Probably the one reason I stuck with it over the years. Good stuff on bringing that up.

helix.hex
Apr 15, 2009, 09:20 AM
Itīs strange in a way, it seems like they want too go under.
You can see that they have lost their spark somewhere in these past years.
This game is one potential golden game in their bagage, but they just donīt realise it.

this is cause after dreamcast went under they had lost their place as a gaming company and fell into developer company status meaning they had to work with the ones who they competed with: nintendo, and sony. plus they lost their shot to come back into the game when microsoft jump into the game with Xbox. i think they have lost all faith and it is showing quite well to those who actually study games before playing or even buying them. like i said in another topic: "i am preparing for phantasy stars funerial: you should too" well i meant it for both phantasy star and sega....it is ashamed an american company-that-went-to-japan has to fall like this.

pinkace
Apr 15, 2009, 11:02 AM
hrm, thread actually turned into a good read. good stuff peeps.

Still will always disagree with the "you don't play so you can't post" mentality, though. I played nearly 2.5 years of this game since launch, and still have quite a bit of knowledge about the game stuck in my old brain. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, PSOW is a PS fan website. Any fan of the series is entitled to post wherever they feel like as long as they abide by the rules of the board.

I am not telling anyone they can't or cannot post. It just seems like a waste of time. Like I said before, if you are just a fan of the PS series, there is a board for you on PSO world, this one here is for PSU. Still, post away; it's your time, waste it as you see fit.

I'm not always posting negative stuff either, as you cared to assume. I try to give help/pointers when I see topics I can answer. Just when topics about how we should all hold hands and make love to pink bunnies with rainbows while discussing psu's camera system (yeah the one that still clips on walls nearly 90% of the time) come up, I'm going to give my opinion. You can like what I post, you can hate what I post, I really don't care. But I'm still gonna post it. So deal.

I'll deal :) but read thru this board and you will see that almost every thread ends up with a remark on how Sega and ST are idiots and what not... rarely do you see a post saying 'hey ST did this and that and I like it'.

Like I said, how many fansites have their own rants board? Reminds me of Philadelphia fans; they boo their own teams louder than they boo the opponent.

And biggie is right about psu being one of a kind. Probably the one reason I stuck with it over the years. Good stuff on bringing that up.

He is. Not many onlien RPG's have such a fun, involved combat system. Better than playing WoW; F4, F4, F5, F4, F11.... space.... F4, F4... :p

Cracka_J
Apr 15, 2009, 11:30 AM
In terms of sports teams, we have the bears/cubs/sox/bulls/hawks here. Don't even get me started on us booing the home team, because it's what chicago folk do best. But do you ever consider that's because the fans have such high expectations for their teams to do well and succeed? Same goes for PS fans, I think. We love the premise and fundamentals that these games are based on, but when you see the home team have so many interceptions, turnovers, fumbles, errors, playoff sweeps (*cough* chokecubschoke *cough*), etc., it's almost a chore to continue to be fans. That's really the situation SEGA/ST has forced many of us into. We want to love the home team, but they continually have shown no interest in supporting the fans. What is there to do but complain in that situation? We want better management and handling of the product we love. That's really about it.

As for wasting my time, I dunno why you're concerned with what I do. I have hour long aim conversations at work with friends who text me nothing but little creatures they make with semicolons and numbers, and I still don't consider that a waste of time if I get a laugh out of it. Seriously, there's much worse things I could be wasting my time on, and I usually do. It's part of a boring 8hr workday, lol.

Darius_Drake
Apr 15, 2009, 11:50 AM

I qualify as category 4. At the same time I do give ST credit for what it does right. I state about the events that I enjoyed, but it is hard to ignore when there is a discrepancy in the quality of management the Japanese servers receive as opposed to the US/EU servers when we pay the same amount of money.

Sexy_Raine
Apr 15, 2009, 01:26 PM
There are some things I like and don't like about the system. And a lot of worthless BS to. So I'm forced to single it down to using one class. But guess what? I get my enjoyment out of doing so and what's the most most important aspect of a game? Playing it for fun. Am I right?

Also this game still has a certain uniqueness which I enjoy it for. There's nothing similar on the PS3 sadly. The only "online" is mult-player FPS killing which is overdone IMO.

ErtaiClou
Apr 15, 2009, 02:23 PM
This isn't communism, it's a business. If people are spending money, then they are more then welcome to criticize. As many people have already stated, there is a lot of potential for PSU that they feel is being ignored. It's true, you can go play other games that are out there, but the real tragedy would be to dismiss those people that do go. Just like those in these forums who don't play this game.

Ithildin
Apr 15, 2009, 02:33 PM
"Do I like PSU?" Not as much as I used to. I think the main problem is my friends have left and that's taken a lot of the enjoyment of the game away from it for me.

pinkace
Apr 15, 2009, 04:39 PM
In terms of sports teams, we have the bears/cubs/sox/bulls/hawks here. Don't even get me started on us booing the home team, because it's what chicago folk do best. But do you ever consider that's because the fans have such high expectations for their teams to do well and succeed? Same goes for PS fans, I think. We love the premise and fundamentals that these games are based on, but when you see the home team have so many interceptions, turnovers, fumbles, errors, playoff sweeps (*cough* chokecubschoke *cough*), etc., it's almost a chore to continue to be fans. That's really the situation SEGA/ST has forced many of us into. We want to love the home team, but they continually have shown no interest in supporting the fans. What is there to do but complain in that situation? We want better management and handling of the product we love. That's really about it.

Ugh but I hate that!!! Like the last year the Eagles made it to the Superbowl, they were the #2 team! I mean, they played GREAT that year, so much so they could have thrown the last two or three games if they wanted to... but they didn't! And when they lost the bowl to one of the greatest teams ever... all around me, what were Philly fans saying!?

"as usual, they sick so much, worst team ever, this is the worst day of my life, Donovan sux0rz, Ownes is the curse of the Eagles, Andy should quit, blah blah blah..."

How about some loyalty?

An that goes back to the beginning of this thread; I think Sega/Sonic Team did a great job with this game and is doing an OK, at least pretty OK, job with the game.

They do NOT suck, they are NOT the worst dev out there, and they should get credit for it!!!

AngelofEnders
Apr 15, 2009, 04:54 PM
Can't give credit to a company that doesn't even acknowledge it's fans via interviews like a lot of other big companies do.

I appreciate many aspects of this game but I don't appreciate feeling like my input on what could be improved doesn't matter. Kudos to the turnaround that SoA made in releasing content for us but SoA isn't the devs of this game.

Inazuma
Apr 15, 2009, 05:16 PM
i think psu is the very best game ever made. i do my fair share of complaining about it however, but thats directly because i care about the game so much. thanks to the recent patch on jp ver, the game feels much better. not only do we have cool new customize options but dare i say it, the chars feel decently balanced.

unfortunately, now psu's biggest problem is the overwhelming lack of difficulty. its just absurd how sickeningly easy everything else. the biggest challenge in the game is tagging monsters before they are instantly killed in 2 seconds or less. i want missions that are so challenging, it would be possible for a full team of 6 decent players to be unable to beat it. lv 180 players w/ customize options vs lv 140-160 monsters w/ shitty AI (not to mention you only fight a few monsters at a time) is a total joke. sometimes you have to be careful not to clear under 5 mins or else you lose the chance at rare mission. if sonichi doesnt want to go through all the trouble of improving enemy AI or implementing some kind of punishment for dying, they can at least give us lv 300+ monsters.

so far the R missions are a big disappointment for me but they may improve as more missions are released. at least there is the potential for challenge.

pinkace
Apr 15, 2009, 05:30 PM
unfortunately, now psu's biggest problem is the overwhelming lack of difficulty. its just absurd how sickeningly easy everything else. the biggest challenge in the game is tagging monsters before they are instantly killed in 2 seconds or less. i want missions that are so challenging, it would be possible for a full team of 6 decent players to be unable to beat it. lv 180 players w/ customize options vs lv 140-160 monsters w/ shitty AI (not to mention you only fight a few monsters at a time) is a total joke. sometimes you have to be careful not to clear under 5 mins or else you lose the chance at rare mission. if sonichi doesnt want to go through all the trouble of improving enemy AI or implementing some kind of punishment for dying, they can at least give us lv 300+ monsters.

so far the R missions are a big disappointment for me but they may improve as more missions are released. at least there is the potential for challenge.

Why don't you handicap yourself, like someone else mentioned? Create a rule for yourself that you will only use A rank weapons... I am sure a full team with only A ranks on an S2 would be challenged even at level 150.

I have another challenge for you... but this one might scare you off... Level your character WITHOUT doing WHITE BEAST :o

sorry I must be mad, that's just crazy talk.

Inazuma
Apr 15, 2009, 05:39 PM
Why don't you handicap yourself, like someone else mentioned? Create a rule for yourself that you will only use A rank weapons... I am sure a full team with only A ranks on an S2 would be challenged even at level 150.

I have another challenge for you... but this one might scare you off... Level your character WITHOUT doing WHITE BEAST :o

crazy talk is right. i want to be challenged, but i also want to be rewarded for overcoming the challenge.

Criss
Apr 15, 2009, 05:45 PM
I would have to disagree on "great" camera control. Some of their games, like the more recent Sonic games, had pretty bad camera work (I'm looking at you, Sonic Heroes). PSU also has it's fair share of camera issues. If you play a gunner with strafing weapons and like to manually control the camera as much as I do, you'll notice them. Especially with walls, or railings that the camera should be able to move over.

I also love how you swap weapons on PSU. I can't think of another game right now that makes it so easy, or on which you don't have to pause or open a menu to swap weapons. It is done quickly and easy. The palette is a great idea.Any game with a radial weapon selection menu makes it easier. Hold button, hold direction, release button. Easier and quicker than having to scroll through. But I do admit that the current palette works fairly well, especially since you can scroll up and down both sides with the shoulder buttons.

In any case, I think people do love PSU. It's just that there were such high expectations for the successor of PSO that people just can't help but point at its shortcomings. I see so much potential in this game and have so many ideas that I could write up a full GDD (game design document) by myself for the next online PS game. And I'm not kidding.

Personally, I'm sure PSU was meant to be much more than this. My theory is that they originally planned to have much more content and downloadable updates, but Sony pulling Hard Drive support from the PS2 completely ruined their plans. They had to rush everything at the last minute to fit everything on a small DVD, having to rework everything and cut a bunch of content and visual effects. In a way, their decision to develop the game for PS2 is what crippled the game in the end. Can't blame them though, the PS2 had the biggest userbase, and at the time they had no way to figure out Sony would stop supporting the hard drive.

All the community can do at this point is support the game and hope that ST re-releases PSU in a way similar to what they did on PSO with Blue Burst. Meanwhile, people blame Sonic Team and whine about the game's issues to forget the pain of how held back the potential of their beloved series is.

Kylie
Apr 15, 2009, 06:06 PM
I liked it a lot in the beginning, but I lost some love for it after my first friend on the game left. It only got worse. Same old update drama, delays, rollbacks, friends quitting, and then the game got easier. It's like we would complain about something, and then ST would try to fix it but end up creating another problem because they would fix the original one too much. I know we all complained too much because that's our nature as costumers, but SEGA/ST really did screw up a lot of things. All in all, there are a lot of reasons why I stopped enjoying the game -- them, others, me; but it doesn't really matter anymore. Part of me thinks it's too late, or maybe something drastic could be done.

Magus_84
Apr 15, 2009, 06:18 PM

I...can't believe I'm doing this (defending Inazuma). But he's right about it being "too easy" if you put effort into it, and players who put effort into it should have a bit more to do once they've built their killing machine.

I play somewhat casually (I play a lot, but I'm not all that focused when I do play), and I still find some things "too easy". Can't really balance around the OCD set, but that's not what most people are asking for (though Inazuma is the OCD set >_>).

As for the sarcastic ideas you pitched, two points in rebuttal.

One, high % A-ranks are oftentimes better than comparably-priced S-Ranks. So they might go faster with only A-Ranks.

Two, there are a lot of ways to level rather quickly without ever stepping foot into White Beast. It's just the best payoff/effort ratio in the non-event game.

On a side-note, Inazuma's most recent level-binge was, at least indirectly, done for the benefit of the community to unlock MP to find out what some of the new customization options do. While I argue with him quite a lot, that was almost admirable.

On-topic: I really like PSU. Sure, the drip-feeding of content is annoying, and I'm not about to say it's "balanced". But coming from long-time PSO, the balance issues in PSU pale in comparison.

Inazuma
Apr 15, 2009, 06:49 PM
I...can't believe I'm doing this (defending Inazuma). But he's right about it being "too easy" if you put effort into it, and players who put effort into it should have a bit more to do once they've built their killing machine.

I play somewhat casually (I play a lot, but I'm not all that focused when I do play), and I still find some things "too easy". Can't really balance around the OCD set, but that's not what most people are asking for (though Inazuma is the OCD set >_>).

As for the sarcastic ideas you pitched, two points in rebuttal.

One, high % A-ranks are oftentimes better than comparably-priced S-Ranks. So they might go faster with only A-Ranks.

Two, there are a lot of ways to level rather quickly without ever stepping foot into White Beast. It's just the best payoff/effort ratio in the non-event game.

On a side-note, Inazuma's most recent level-binge was, at least indirectly, done for the benefit of the community to unlock MP to find out what some of the new customization options do. While I argue with him quite a lot, that was almost admirable.

On-topic: I really like PSU. Sure, the drip-feeding of content is annoying, and I'm not about to say it's "balanced". But coming from long-time PSO, the balance issues in PSU pale in comparison.

thanks for the kind words, magus. and yes, i am horribly fucking OCD.

Suzuka Miyamoto
Apr 15, 2009, 07:29 PM
I hate the fact that Aoti cant be used offline on the xbox360 version.

☻/
/▌
/ \ BOB

Zyrusticae
Apr 15, 2009, 08:52 PM
Personally, I'm sure PSU was meant to be much more than this. My theory is that they originally planned to have much more content and downloadable updates, but Sony pulling Hard Drive support from the PS2 completely ruined their plans. They had to rush everything at the last minute to fit everything on a small DVD, having to rework everything and cut a bunch of content and visual effects. In a way, their decision to develop the game for PS2 is what crippled the game in the end. Can't blame them though, the PS2 had the biggest userbase, and at the time they had no way to figure out Sony would stop supporting the hard drive.
This sounds exceedingly plausible to me. Clearly it was a game that was meant to have regular updates in the vein of FFXI, and clearly the introduction of the slim PS2 screwed things up for them (as is evidenced with this recent update binge, which has a very clear overtone of "Fuck the PS2, we're not letting it hold us back anymore").

That said, the PC version is still rather poorly optimized, but then, the PC was never intended to be the primary platform to begin with. Oh, well. Maybe with the next PS game - assuming the Sega ship doesn't sink before then...

KittyCatSlut
Apr 15, 2009, 09:06 PM
i like it :o....it passes the time

pinkace
Apr 15, 2009, 09:18 PM
I would have to disagree on "great" camera control. Some of their games, like the more recent Sonic games, had pretty bad camera work (I'm looking at you, Sonic Heroes). PSU also has it's fair share of camera issues. If you play a gunner with strafing weapons and like to manually control the camera as much as I do, you'll notice them. Especially with walls, or railings that the camera should be able to move over.
Any game with a radial weapon selection menu makes it easier. Hold button, hold direction, release button. Easier and quicker than having to scroll through. But I do admit that the current palette works fairly well, especially since you can scroll up and down both sides with the shoulder buttons.

Se falllas? of course if once in a hundred corners this happens, then the camera "has its fair share of issues"

You illustrate my point; unless we are playing different games (360 version; I have a gunner as well) then you are focusing on the rare moments the camera fails you. and instead of noticing that it generally doesn't, you say it has its "fair share of issues".

EXACTLY what I was talking about when I started this thread!!!! Of course no camera is perfect and you can ALWAYS fool a program into doing what it isn't supposed to do. But you don't notice the times it works, you notice the 'issues'. I swear.... >_<

And radial menus require you to stop the action while a big wheel of weapons takes over your screen. the pallet allows you to swap weapons, while moving away from danger, and panning the camera around to find the next target.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 15, 2009, 09:49 PM
All we need for this game is more players and a little bit more advertisement. Oh and one of my friends suggested that there be some goth loli dresses in it. I would have suggested sum mudkipz but I was afraid of gettin de-brained again. Anyways. Thats really my two things. People and Advertisement.

Criss
Apr 15, 2009, 10:02 PM
Se falllas? of course if once in a hundred corners this happens, then the camera "has its fair share of issues"

You illustrate my point; unless we are playing different games (360 version; I have a gunner as well) then you are focusing on the rare moments the camera fails you. and instead of noticing that it generally doesn't, you say it has its "fair share of issues". Pretty much every wall collision in the game (and don't get my started on the poor collision work in levels) completely blocks the camera when you're close, which gets really annoying when in tight corridor or caves. That's when you're not in a small room, fighting between enemies and a wall and can't even strafe because the wall makes the camera twitch really fast. That's the kind of issue you can prevent by making the camera zoom in slightly on the character instead of being blocked by the fixed distance. It can only zoom in when going against the wall while directly facing it, which doesn't really happen in combat. That is bad camera work, and I consider that a gameplay-hindering issue. But anyways, maybe it's just my work habits from being a QA tester and having higher quality standards.

And radial menus require you to stop the action while a big wheel of weapons takes over your screen. the pallet allows you to swap weapons, while moving away from danger, and panning the camera around to find the next target.Map the radial palette button to a shoulder button (like RT/R2) and select with the right stick. Keep moving with the left stick as usual and use lockon/strafe to keep enemies in sight. How does that stop the action?

In any case, while you were busy being seemingly offended by me pointing out that PSU has some minor issues or could do certain things better or differently, you completely missed the important part of my post.

This sounds exceedingly plausible to me. Clearly it was a game that was meant to have regular updates in the vein of FFXI, and clearly the introduction of the slim PS2 screwed things up for them (as is evidenced with this recent update binge, which has a very clear overtone of "Fuck the PS2, we're not letting it hold us back anymore").

That said, the PC version is still rather poorly optimized, but then, the PC was never intended to be the primary platform to begin with. Oh, well. Maybe with the next PS game - assuming the Sega ship doesn't sink before then...
If you can find some old pre-release videos of PSU, you'll see some visual effects that aren't in the actual games, especially when striking enemies with weapons. And it looked a lot more polished in general than it is now. And it's not just the PC version being poorly optimized, the PS2 itself has bad framerate issues, and I'm sure it could have been fixed by adding in some extra optimizations and cleaning up the code. I bet they were just THAT rushed. The PC and X360 ports have the same issues.

Cracka_J
Apr 16, 2009, 08:24 AM
Pretty much every wall collision in the game (and don't get my started on the poor collision work in levels) completely blocks the camera when you're close, which gets really annoying when in tight corridor or caves. That's when you're not in a small room, fighting between enemies and a wall and can't even strafe because the wall makes the camera twitch really fast. That's the kind of issue you can prevent by making the camera zoom in slightly on the character instead of being blocked by the fixed distance. It can only zoom in when going against the wall while directly facing it, which doesn't really happen in combat. That is bad camera work, and I consider that a gameplay-hindering issue. But anyways, maybe it's just my work habits from being a QA tester and having higher quality standards.

Good post. This was exactly what I was hinting on when I mentioned the clipping issue in a previous post. Although Criss's post doesn't really touch on the clipping, he did a good job of explaining some of the other persistent issues in the camera. Us QA testers must think alike ;)

And it doesn't happen once in a hundred times pinkace, it's a persistent problem that will happen every time the camera encounters the same situation. Same with clipping.

Darius_Drake
Apr 16, 2009, 11:02 AM
Bottom line. Just because people have concerns about the game doesn't mean they don't like the game. The old statement of put your money where your mouth is comes to play. If people are paying the monthly fee then there is something about this game that they enjoy. I have been on this game since the very release. I like a lot of things they do. I give them credit for that as well. At the same time there are things they can improve upon as well. I will say something about that as well. Speaking on the things they can improve upon does not mean I don't like the game. That is a big jump to make and an inaccurate one as well. At the end of the day I pay my monthly fee like everybody else. Besides letting the devs know what they can improve upon helps them make a better game. If not for this game for the next game in the series. That is the purpose behind Beta testing, to get input for what could improve the game. Take Gears of War 2, the devs admitted that they used the input from the fans of the first game to help them decide what changes to implement in the second game. If I didn't like the game I wouldn't waste my time commenting on it. I wouldn't go to a board of the game. I wouldn't pay a monthly fee for the right to play it.

pinkace
Apr 16, 2009, 02:19 PM
I am speechless. I have no idea what camera issues Cracka and Criss see in this game. I mean, you guys can ramble for 3 paragraphs all you want, I have played the game since it came out, and while playing I feel completely in control of the camera, and it is very rare that it would do something I don't want it to do.

I have no clue how you can see so much fault in it; it is not that I am offended, to me it's like saying Sonic the Hedgehog is green... just completely shocking.

I have an idea; tell me what games you found had GREAT camera control. Has to be 3-D and has to be 3rd person. It would help if you could think of a popular game; quell your need to prove your hardcore-ness by quoting some obscure game please :P

As for the Radial menu, Criss, you said you need to use the right stick to select a weapon. Well, on PSU the right stick is free to pan the camera and your thumb never leaves the attack buttons. It would also help prove your point if you could think of another game.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 16, 2009, 03:09 PM
There are people who have problems with the camera? The camera never really bothered me at any point. The one game I hated the camera was Resident Evil 4 and 5. Yep. LOATHED it. I also hate the Resident Evil series after that abomination that is number 5.

pinkace
Apr 16, 2009, 03:12 PM
Well, RE4 and 5 have very 'stiff' cameras... as in, you cant just pan anywhere. One series that I like the camera in is Splinter Cell.

Zorafim
Apr 16, 2009, 03:38 PM
Changing the subject completely, there are two things that have always impressed me about PSU since I began playing. These are character customization, and model animations. And these two have become a hell of a lot more evident ever since I started playing WoW.

Melee weapon swings look fairly thought out. With certain obvious exceptions *coughtornadodancecough* they all look very smooth and streamline, and all keeping with the style of the weapon. I still love taking pictures of particular poses in PAs just to see them in action.

And I'm sure we're all impressed with the character customization. While yes, it is fairly limited in some regards, such as only really being able to make young characters and having to keep in the hip style of the game, you're pretty much free to do whatever you want in these restrictions. And even if you can't tolerate these restrictions, you can bypass them with enough creativity or by sticking to exceptions to the rules. long live casts!

The scenery of the game is also pretty good, though obviously not the best ever. Scenery screenshots are my second favorite to take, though you can't really do much with them unfortunately. Simply grounds to hang out and chat.

Inazuma
Apr 16, 2009, 04:10 PM
it sounds like some players dont know that we can manually control the camera. when i play, i am constantly moving the camera around. it works out great. if you never touch the right analog stick, you may find the camera getting stuck sometimes but thats your own fault. bottom line, if you have a problem w/ the camera, do something about it and move it to a better position.

cApNhOwDy
Apr 16, 2009, 04:48 PM
I concur with Cracka_J and Criss, and I use the right analog stick to control the camera constantly. More constant than I want to have to. With PSU, I'm fighting to keep the camera a little bit higher than what it defaults as. But with PSO:BB, I zoom the camera out and rarely do I ever have to reset the camera.

Zyrusticae
Apr 16, 2009, 04:57 PM
I'll agree that PSU does actually have some problems with the camera.

That said, I, personally, always grow accustomed to such things, and by the end of the first week I'm already automatically compensating for what little deficiencies the in-game camera has by reflex, so I really don't think it's that much of an issue.

mario20061
Apr 16, 2009, 05:44 PM
Do i like PSU yes
Did i use to like online Yes
Do i still like online No

pinkace
Apr 16, 2009, 09:17 PM
it sounds like some players dont know that we can manually control the camera. when i play, i am constantly moving the camera around. it works out great. if you never touch the right analog stick, you may find the camera getting stuck sometimes but thats your own fault. bottom line, if you have a problem w/ the camera, do something about it and move it to a better position.

I use both, the L bumper and the stick, depending on what I am playing as; as a hunter I use the L bumper pretty much by itself, as a force I usually only use the R stick to find targets and as a ranger I use a combination of both, depending on the weapon I am using. And I rarely get stuck. I can't understand what these two are talking about either.

But they test games for a living, I guess they know better.

Lobos
Apr 16, 2009, 10:38 PM
this game is great ive been here since launch and really have not found reasons to complain since ive seen every update and most ppl that complain are WB ppl who havent even beaten onma :/ lol. and since thats all they did wells they dont find point in other missions which is true i guess. but there is plently to do. just dont play 24/7. get a job, get a gf or a F buddy lol, hang out with friends go to movies clean ya house, then when every thing is done psu is great. since you will never overplay :D.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 16, 2009, 10:55 PM
Changing the subject completely, there are two things that have always impressed me about PSU since I began playing. These are character customization, and model animations. And these two have become a hell of a lot more evident ever since I started playing WoW.

Melee weapon swings look fairly thought out. With certain obvious exceptions *coughtornadodancecough* they all look very smooth and streamline, and all keeping with the style of the weapon. I still love taking pictures of particular poses in PAs just to see them in action.

And I'm sure we're all impressed with the character customization. While yes, it is fairly limited in some regards, such as only really being able to make young characters and having to keep in the hip style of the game, you're pretty much free to do whatever you want in these restrictions. And even if you can't tolerate these restrictions, you can bypass them with enough creativity or by sticking to exceptions to the rules. long live casts!

The scenery of the game is also pretty good, though obviously not the best ever. Scenery screenshots are my second favorite to take, though you can't really do much with them unfortunately. Simply grounds to hang out and chat.

I know what you mean about the scenery. The only place that I really like are the Mellvore City stages. Its not as memerable as some of the stages in PSO episode 2. Now those areas where fun! Especially the beach and jungle areas! I could go through them all the damn time and still enjoy it. I

EDIT: I just realized that Ep.3 did already come out. I had some cool ideas for stages too. God I'm soooo outta the loop! Why won't they even make a PSU for the Playstation 3? Its an untapped market! Dammit!

Criss
Apr 16, 2009, 11:42 PM
I have no clue how you can see so much fault in it; it is not that I am offended, to me it's like saying Sonic the Hedgehog is green... just completely shocking.It's not like saying he's green, but more like saying he can turn from hedgehog to werehog. It doesn't feel right, it's awfully awkward, but it doesn't really make the game bad by itself.

I have an idea; tell me what games you found had GREAT camera control. Has to be 3-D and has to be 3rd person. It would help if you could think of a popular game; quell your need to prove your hardcore-ness by quoting some obscure game please :PWell, the new Prince of Persia had pretty good camera control. Especially if you consider that it's much harder to have a good camera that readjusts to the sudden movements of a platforming game in comparison to PSU's gameplay.

As for the Radial menu, Criss, you said you need to use the right stick to select a weapon. Well, on PSU the right stick is free to pan the camera and your thumb never leaves the attack buttons. It would also help prove your point if you could think of another game.I was playing Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena earlier, and it happens to have a really nice radial weapon selection menu.

Ruru
Apr 17, 2009, 03:47 AM

That is true fandom.

not going to reply to the rest of the comments on here but focusing on the OP.

first off dont bunch everyone together saying all we do is bitch and bash this game. secondly every person here has a (insert spirit of worship here) given right to complain as much as they want about something they pay a monthly fee for. regardless of bashing, most of the people here obviously like some aspect of this game or they would not continue to pay for it.

myself, i dont bash the game itself, i complain about sega in general and how badly they present themselves, their lack of communication between overseas parties and their customers, and the overall lack of on time updates within the game as well as glitch and hacker fixes and compensation (or lack there of because of said problems). now forgive my bitching about things i have every right to bitch about, but you complaining about people complaining is hypocritical and irrelevant at the same time and the latter is because, hello, welcome to an internet forum.

to answer your main question. yes i do like the game, or as i stated before, i wouldnt keep paying for it. now until sega gets things going right for NA/EU side i will continue to complain about them.

EurekaX
Apr 17, 2009, 03:58 AM
This game is a love and hate relationship for me.

Cracka_J
Apr 17, 2009, 03:34 PM
I mean, you guys can ramble for 3 paragraphs all you want, I have played the game since it came out, and while playing I feel completely in control of the camera, and it is very rare that it would do something I don't want it to do.

WOW.

I had to lol at this. How many paragraphs have you written in this thread trying to protect your "precious", and you call a couple people who don't agree with you and write a few paragraphs about it rambling?

I constantly controlled the camera with the right stick, I played on 360 pad and it was very comfortable doing so. However you still get stuck on wall collision, and clipping proceeds to happen whenever you are in close position to a wall. Please re-read this post for more info because you continue to say you have no idea what anyone is talking about. All the info is there, I'm not sure what is so hard to understand.

Pretty much every wall collision in the game (and don't get my started on the poor collision work in levels) completely blocks the camera when you're close, which gets really annoying when in tight corridor or caves. That's when you're not in a small room, fighting between enemies and a wall and can't even strafe because the wall makes the camera twitch really fast. That's the kind of issue you can prevent by making the camera zoom in slightly on the character instead of being blocked by the fixed distance. It can only zoom in when going against the wall while directly facing it, which doesn't really happen in combat. That is bad camera work, and I consider that a gameplay-hindering issue. But anyways, maybe it's just my work habits from being a QA tester and having higher quality standards.

pinkace
Apr 17, 2009, 07:29 PM
Well, the new Prince of Persia had pretty good camera control. Especially if you consider that it's much harder to have a good camera that readjusts to the sudden movements of a platforming game in comparison to PSU's gameplay.

You had to pick a game I've never played, didn't you? :p Let me offer a few, and you compare them; Nightshade is a good example, because it had very fast paced action and you could use just one button to control it. Headhunter also had excellent camera. The Splinter Cell series, as far as controlling the camera, it is one of my favorites. It is a little too simplistic because it doesn't have a command to center the camera like Nightshade and Headhunter.

I was playing Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena earlier, and it happens to have a really nice radial weapon selection menu.

Haven't played this one either, but I saw the IGN video of it and I disagree; it totally detracts from gameplay; you can't run away from a De Ragan, position the camera to aim at his tail and switch to a grenade launcher simultaneously with a radial menu ;)

whatever, to each his own.

WOW.

I had to lol at this. How many paragraphs have you written in this thread trying to protect your "precious", and you call a couple people who don't agree with you and write a few paragraphs about it rambling?

I was being honest; meaning, you could reply to that post and ramble for three paragraphs (in the future) and I still wouldn't agree/see your point because I rarely experience these issues. Being over-exposed to sarcasm has numbed you. I am sorry.

I constantly controlled the camera with the right stick, I played on 360 pad and it was very comfortable doing so. However you still get stuck on wall collision, and clipping proceeds to happen whenever you are in close position to a wall. Please re-read this post for more info because you continue to say you have no idea what anyone is talking about. All the info is there, I'm not sure what is so hard to understand.

I don't dispute that the camera gets stuck, what I am saying is that it generally doesn't therefore it is, shall we say, nitpicking, to say the camera has 'issues' if it fails an acceptable percentage of the time. Like I said, no program is perfect, and every camera can be fooled.

I am not calling the both of you liars... well in a way I am, because since all three of us own the same game (360 version AoTI) only one thing can be true: either you focus on the times it fails, or I am too tolerant of crappy cameras :(

cApNhOwDy
Apr 17, 2009, 08:22 PM
Pretty sure that Cracka_J plays the PC/PS2 version.

ShonagarACE
Apr 17, 2009, 10:16 PM
Well, the new Prince of Persia had pretty good camera control. Especially if you consider that it's much harder to have a good camera that readjusts to the sudden movements of a platforming game in comparison to PSU's gameplay.

This is completely off topic, but that game was terrible. Even if it had decent camera control.

Gibdozer
Apr 19, 2009, 11:39 AM
It's not like saying he's green, but more like saying he can turn from hedgehog to werehog. It doesn't feel right, it's awfully awkward, but it doesn't really make the game bad by itself.

I was playing Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena earlier, and it happens to have a really nice radial weapon selection menu.

What version are you playing ps2 or 360? I have some issues with the ps2 camera (not much but more than the 360).

I honestly tried, but can't think of a 3rd person game with a better camera than PSU. Maybe I'm just used to it after years of playing, or maybe it's that damn good!

Radial menu? That was a joke right? The only problem with the quick weapon select is that the 360 d-pad sucks (ps2 d-pad best ever).

VertigoZero
May 13, 2009, 09:05 PM
Well i for one love PSU. i do have issues with the camera from time to time but iv noticed that its only on stuff thats added to the base map of a mission.

tried other MMOs like FF11 and WoW and dont really like the operation of the UI, theres also the thing about when you die you lose EXP (im looking at you FF11 ><). so if you have a string of bad luck you DE-LVL and i think thats BS.

_Vyser_
May 14, 2009, 02:24 AM
I love PSU because I hated FFXI's strict party guidelines. The fact that PSU was an action RPG, and that classes/job didn't matter (a party with no healer would never survive in FFXI when I used to play), is what really drew me to PSU (that and I loved PSO). PSU is a lot more lax compared to other MMOs I've played, and I like that. I like having the option to be able to solo when none of my friends are on. I'm also a huge fan of customization and collecting stuff.

As for the hatred of Sega, well, it makes things interesting. I'm at the point where it's nearly impossible for me to be disappointed in Sega. All of their flaws never cease to amaze me; it makes for a good laugh here and there. Sure, it's nice to have a company that does a good job managing their games, but Sega is so bad, it's just hilarious. At least they've gotten better over the last half year or so.

Splash
May 14, 2009, 02:41 AM
I play PSU offline and it is enough to entertain me in the meantime. I like the graphics and the action RPG style play. The story was pretty decent personally, but too bad ep3 is online. Also, there was more to the game than just killing stuff. Fire contaimination and Ice contaimination areas were fun. Also, there were ranks for the missions. That gave more of a reason to do a mission over and over again. Overall, I like the game a whole lot.

Sio
May 14, 2009, 03:02 AM
I didn't read the whole thread sorry, but! I have been qutting PSU on and off a lot. PSU is a fantastic game, I am obessed with its style and gameplay which no other online game at the present time seems to match. Thats what mainly brings me back.

On the other hand, Sega of America managed to damage the online experience due to their many many failures to deliver patches and updates on time. What's worse was that they rarely ever give us feedback as the main issue why they can't do it. If I had a clear reason behind the "sorry no update this week despite saying we will befor" would make me more calm towards them.

From the begining near launch when hackers started to pop up PS2/PC, the community plummeted from the fears of old PSO days. Since Sega didn't act quickly enough at the time the population suffered greatly from then on.

So in short I do love PSU, I made a video to promote it for gods sake!(below in signature) BUT unfortunatly it's own creators couldn't run a online game professionally. Most companies from what Ive seen from many mmos or games like this postpone or delay an update but make sure it happens quickly, not 2 weeks later quickly and then again they can't deliever without reason lol. Slap in the face to your paying customers. :(

Overlord Zenon
May 14, 2009, 03:23 AM
I love it. :> I just wish more people would play.

true many of us wouldnt be here on this forum if we didnt like this

Zarode
May 14, 2009, 04:05 AM
I love how I got a friend of mine to ban my account by letting him rip through the market and delete all the valuable rares of the game.

It was a good day.

Hate the game, and I don't understand what I saw in it. I should've used my time better.

Calsetes
May 14, 2009, 01:07 PM
I really like this game. I can only find a few flaws with it, but they're mostly with the players, and not the game itself.

Player-related issues:

Too many people who just want to run the same mission when there's a really large variety of missions out there (it was understandable when we had the colony's two missions, and all of Parum's three missions, but still?).

Too many people who have stacks of money, want stacks of money, and refuse to give up, help acquire, or help work something out that they have.

Too many people who do nothing but say real stupid stuff in the lobby and proudly claim they have "thousands of hours of in-game experience."

Player-related Positives:

Some people are really awesome. They're helpful, they try to help out people who aren't as well-off as them, and they're just genuinely great players.

Game-related Issues:

The game isn't quite as up-to-date with the Japanese version as I think it should be, but at least we aren't further behind.

The way some of the elemental weaknesses works is a little confusing (such as for earth-element enemies, I need electric armor, fire armor, and ice armor, because they throw out these spells, not because they're earth-element).

They could use a few more classes that were specialization classes (like Fighmaster).

Game-related Positives:

There are plenty of opportunities to solo, and you almost never feel like you MUST play with a full party of healers, mages, tanks, damage dealers, etc.

Very pick-up-and-play friendly (I can hop in, do a run, and log out if I only had..... say, half an hour to play that day).

In-game support is a bit lacking, but their customer service has been (the one time I used it) very friendly and accomodating (they refunded a Blue Burst sub that I bought, not knowing to reactivate my PSU one that I had to cancel and buy it again).

Overall, it's a very fun game that (like any other game) has its faults that I try to overlook. I do really love this game, it's just that it's a bit frustrating at times.

(And to anyone who misinterprets my "players usually not too helpful" part, I don't mean "give me a handout," I mean it in the sense that "I wish I could buy that thing you have, this is everything I own of worth, can you help me?" and have them work with you to get something else they want so that way everyone's happy. That sort of thing.)

landman
May 14, 2009, 02:17 PM
The only thing I hate is that the 360 version is a crappy port with huge slowdowns in most of the stages (or ANY stage with two players using Photon Arts...). Sadly I'm used to it, I can link a just attack even at a 4 times slower movement and forget the slowdown happened and continue playing. Some stages like Flowery Pursuit are a joke, I totally skipped that GBR, not to mention the "robot lag" was also pressent at the moment. If they announced a proper port to PS3 I would gladly switch servers only because of this.

Volcompat321
May 14, 2009, 02:35 PM
I've had the most fun recently on the game due to the event. I love this game, and always will. 2 and a half years is a long time to play.

Darius_Drake
May 14, 2009, 04:24 PM
Been playing the game since it released. Never quit it and came back, my subscription has been constant since the very beginning. I would say that qualifies me as liking the game.

DreXxiN
May 14, 2009, 04:56 PM
I think PSU has a lot of potential it hasn't reached. I love the game for what it is, and it has the best community I've ever seen of ANYTHING for the most part.

Updates are a little on the slow side, and it seems like they really only want to either kill the game off, or purposely attract the more casual crowd with it, which is okay if that is what they are shooting for.

The support isn't very good though, sorry to say. I've been ignored by GM's on some occasions (One on one conversations, not talking about "HAY WHAT DO WE GET NEXT WEEK" when a million people are bugging them.)

The times I have confronted them though, they have been very friendly and very common people. Sometimes they'll make a sarcastic remark to one of my sarcastic remarks (I'm looking at you, Ruby), which is awesome.

Seo's paying for my sub at the moment as I refuse to give SEGAC money until I can get my hacked mugunruk boards back. This is my biggest issue; the absolute opposite of prompt customer care. It's been about 3 months as of now, and while I do appreciate the updates I'm getting, I'm not sure I want to continue this game any longer if I cannot keep what I've worked hard to earn.

Aside from that, this is my favorite MMO to date...

...well except maybe PSO DC/GC. =D

The Overlord
May 14, 2009, 11:58 PM
PSO Forever

PSU For Now

I like PSU quite a bit but just not so much the players. :O

Ecchi
May 15, 2009, 02:03 AM
Love the game but more than half of the population are retarded....But thats to be expected.

S4CT4L1TY
May 15, 2009, 02:09 AM
i love this game i've only thought about quitting once after a roll back and that was because my 46% repca that i got to turned into a failure

Pwincess
May 15, 2009, 02:13 AM
I enjoy the game, I dunno about love. I have a few others that I rank higher than PSU (Yes,, PSO being one -.-) but it is a very addicting game and I love playing it.

System-Id
May 15, 2009, 02:15 AM
Why dont we settle this over
with Bread with pannon jelly and some
koltova milk? ^^;

The Overlord
May 15, 2009, 02:16 AM
Why dont we settle this over
with Bread with pannon jelly and some
koltova milk? ^^;
Koltova's give swine flu.

Overlord Zenon
May 15, 2009, 02:42 AM
but they make good bacon, and ham steaks

hunterseifer
May 15, 2009, 02:48 AM
Only flaw is its behind on updates, besides that its great.

System-Id
May 15, 2009, 08:43 AM
Koltova's give swine flu.

Errrr not if we get a techer to reverser it? :-P

VertigoZero
May 15, 2009, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=_Vyser_;2310277]I love PSU because I hated FFXI's strict party guidelines. The fact that PSU was an action RPG, and that classes/job didn't matter (a party with no healer would never survive in FFXI when I used to play), is what really drew me to PSU (that and I loved PSO)./QUOTE]

I know what you mean. Thats why i started playing too.

1.always liked the phantasy star series anyway
2.got tired of the hours upon hours just to get a party in ffXI and the die and lose exp BS.
3.big fan of PSO
4.action games kick ass and in an mmo is even better

I dont really hate sega its just the games they release now kinda suck. Did pick up house of the dead overkill and i lover it. :)

SStrikerR
May 15, 2009, 10:27 PM
I like, the game, but not the service. I don't play the game. Before you ask why I'm here, I'll answer.

I still play PSO, and I enjoy posting in the community section.

Hmmmm, oh yeah. Here's my question to sega: All of our updates come from things already on the disc, so how the fuck can you possibly be late or have to rollback because something went wrong?

Pink Bat Maxine
May 15, 2009, 10:51 PM
I just wish it was easier to find a laid back group. Especially when the game is run by some prick who lets you fight through the level, then boots you out right before the boss battle. What's the point of that?????

_Vyser_
May 15, 2009, 11:02 PM
Which server are you on Pink? My friends and I are pretty laid back.

Pink Bat Maxine
May 15, 2009, 11:57 PM
I don't hang out on any one server. What would you reccomend?

At any rate, keep an eye out for Salu Digby.

[edit: oh, I see you're PC. I'm on Xbox. =p]

Halcyote
May 16, 2009, 04:26 AM
I like PSU. It's one of the few games that I enjoy playing nowadays. I really wish the service was a lot better (SEGA's getting there, though), and the population were slightly bigger on the PC/PS2 side.

However, call me a fool all you want, but PSU's got me until the end.

Muffins2ya
May 17, 2009, 03:00 AM
psu is my crack lololololol

Yueri
May 17, 2009, 08:23 AM
I used to like the game, now it's more "meh".
It was easier to play back in the days of PSO; no one seemed to bitch/care about playstyles.
That's my major reason for feeling negative to PSU - It seems I'm not doing it right.

I also think that there's little to do...
Mainly playing solo in an online game... it is to be expected, it's easier to enjoy it with friends or in parties.
Unless playing in a hot-spot it isn't easy to find/make a party.

The "service" has never been to my liking either. How it takes so long to get content...
But there's only so much you can do about that, but complain...
Complaining, trying to get attention. With the updates Japan recieves compared to the rate of ours...
It isn't that hard to understand how people complain when being let down or "neglected".

I wasn't too happy with getting 192'd either!

Neith
May 17, 2009, 09:33 AM
The game's core is fine, and when I'm playing with friends I have a blast. Solo can be a bit boring, and the playerbase (particularly the European playerbase) is tiny, so getting a reliable public game earlier in the day for me is all but impossible sometimes.

The way I view PSU is as a game which has the potential to be great, but isn't using it. As a result, I do find some areas of the game very mediocre/poor. I stick with it though because I forget about it when I'm having fun with friends, and realistically, there's no other option. I'm sick to death of PSO (did almost everything I wanted to, have no intention of wanting to play it again in the foreseeable future), and I don't like games with 'point-and-click' combat like WoW.

The problems I have are:
- Too easy. There is no way a Lv150 character should easily decimate monsters 20 levels higher than it. I'd rather it be a challenge fighting monsters on an equivalent level.
- Unbalanced. Some items/classes/Photon Arts are far too good (Paradi Cataract, Anga Jabroga, Dus Majarra, Gunmaster), while some are very poor or need adjustments to make them more worth using (Guntecher, Wartecher, Bukuu Rensen-ga etc). I realise the JP supplemental update corrects some of this, but it also makes Gunmaster even stronger, which I find stupid.
- Over-dependence on AoI. What I mean by this is for 90% of items, you're better off hunting it in an AoI mission. It seems all the best drops were piled into AoI missions, effectively making a lot of the v1 missions (which were MUCH more interesting) useless. Even with S3, some are still useless (Dual Sentinel).
- Over-dependence on events. PSU seems to rely on events to keep its playerbase. Every time there's an event, I see players come back I haven't seen for months. After the event ends, they all leave again and don't come back until the next event.

If those problems were changed, I'd love PSU even more, but I can't see it happening which is a shame. Honestly, PSU could've been so much better had ST put some thought into it. Regardless, I'll keep playing until my friends quit. When that happens, I'll follow suit because I can't play PSU solo for more than an hour before I'm bored.

GH499
May 17, 2009, 09:39 AM
I used to like the game, now it's more "meh".
It was easier to play back in the days of PSO; no one seemed to bitch/care about playstyles.
That's my major reason for feeling negative to PSU - It seems I'm not doing it right.

The problems I have are:
- Too easy. There is no way a Lv150 character should easily decimate monsters 20 levels higher than it. I'd rather it be a challenge fighting monsters on an equivalent level.

lol, so the first person want it to be easier, while the second person want it to be harder.

Neith
May 17, 2009, 09:46 AM
lol, so the first person want it to be easier, while the second person want it to be harder.

Don't get me wrong, I hate all the talk of 'optimal classes' and such (anyone that knows me will know I have a Newman Female Acrofighter/Fortefighter), but when even she can walk into an S2 mission and get through it easily, something is wrong. Then change that Newman Female to a Cast GM, and it becomes a total joke. I just think some re-balancing is in order as far as enemies go. I have no problem with people playing 'gimped' classes, because I use one myself and love it.

Yueri
May 17, 2009, 10:18 AM

What? You're saying I want it to be easier?
How did you come to that conclusion?

Exolithus
May 17, 2009, 02:23 PM
i love this game, i never foung something wich has the same prositiv effekts than psu...

but, for me it's a game wich i cant play all the day...missing new content and people how always do only the same mission are the reason.

i love it, but i hate sega

The_Brimada
May 17, 2009, 04:47 PM
I like this game. Some of the other people playing this game however tend to offset that.

Delete
May 17, 2009, 05:33 PM
One problem that I haven't seen mentioned yet is this.

Imo, when I go Master any class, I don't really wanna go back. My reason is the speed boost. I think every single class should be this way. Its a mnor problem but it does stop players like me from doing anything but the master classes. Btw, Acro classes have speed boost too, I know but Im talking mainly about Fortetecher, Fighgunnre, etc.

Lunairetic
May 17, 2009, 06:02 PM
I prefer FF to FM, myself. The raw stats are much more beneficial in my eyes than faster attack and advanced PP usage. I would not mind a speed boost, but I certainly don't feel gimped in any shape or form.

The game is fine, SEGA sucks, especially their nationalistic approach to our games. If they'd have stopped trying to milk the game's content and rather milked our monthly subscription rates, they'd have a ton of their member base left. But its SEGA, and it's what anyone who's played PSO/PSU has come to expect. They maintain the servers, that's about it.