PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever dated anyone in psu?

Ninja Moomin
Apr 14, 2009, 05:16 PM
hello all... i've only recently joined psu... not sure how it passed me by after playing it on dc and xbox 1...

anyway... i noticed it's a lot more flirty than before and there's los of guys just going round trying to date female characers...

is this as common as it seems?

AC9breaker
Apr 14, 2009, 05:26 PM
All the time dood. I use to play on JP servers and had mad bitches. But then went to US servers cuz I didn't understand wtf they where saying.

SStrikerR
Apr 14, 2009, 05:30 PM
Very common, but the girls are actually G.I.R.L.
Guys
In
Real
Life

Lol

fay
Apr 14, 2009, 05:32 PM
No its just completely sad to want to date someone that you will probably never meet in real life.
so what would be the point in a relationship that is just never going to work no matter how much you think it will.

Because my characters are girls guys ALWAYS just assume that im a girl and try to chat me up. I don't even answer them now. fed up saying after so long.

It just shows how desperate the guys in this game are. shame on you. the ones who do it anyway

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 14, 2009, 05:33 PM
2 out 3 of my characters are female. So yea you can say I'm G.I.R.L. But I'm in no way a G.I.R (Haha! I love Invader Zim jokes! XD)!

Syl
Apr 14, 2009, 05:36 PM
Dating someone you met in a game is fine.

Playing PSU JUST to find a girl is what is wrong with people. There is a difference.

But yeah these threads never end well. inb4lock and inb4SUPERFUKKENRAGE

unicorn
Apr 14, 2009, 05:41 PM
I used to pretend to be a girl back in the PSO days, its quite easy actually. I used to cyber for meseta and hax. Of course, now I can't flirt in-game to save my life.

But yeah, some guys in this game are pretty desperate. I only have one female character, and I get noticeably better treatment when I play as her.

Nothing wrong with in-game relationships really, but 95% of the time it won't work (especially if the person is a couple thousand miles away and you're in school).

fay
Apr 14, 2009, 05:46 PM
this game should be PSU the dating game.

This game is aimed at desperate guys around the age of 12 to 30. with this wonderful experience you will find lots of female characters getting used which you can chat too and....well chat too.

know what gets me so much about it. its when a "couple" break up and they start crying over the mic to you about it. then within an hour they ask you out. i mean COME ON. How desperate are the people in this game. Im actually ashamed to call myself a guy.....

ZeroKamikaze
Apr 14, 2009, 05:53 PM
I actually know two people who hooked up first on this game, then in real life and they're happy. Just goes to show that its possible.

Also, I won't say their names but one of them will prolly end up posting here soon, so they can prove my point.

minimumjoker45
Apr 14, 2009, 05:58 PM
my opinion..if u date over a game..then u lame point blank

hewitt
Apr 14, 2009, 05:59 PM
Lol, these threads, these threads...

Warpath
Apr 14, 2009, 06:04 PM
well theres nothing wrong if you find Love in an online game hell my Wife and I met on the DC PSO v2 and were going on 7 years now, if you just play a online game just to meet girls thats not right, but yeah I have dated (And Married) someone I met off the PSO/PSU series :)

Macras
Apr 14, 2009, 06:07 PM
Lol, these threads, these threads...

best reply yet.

Erkthemerc
Apr 14, 2009, 06:27 PM
Remember this:
Girls make guys happy they are our reason for living.
This said if a guy has a girl in his life even if the relationship is over a game he will be happy.
Is that not all that matters?

Yunfa
Apr 14, 2009, 06:28 PM
Whatever makes their boat float ya know, I mean, who are we do judge others?

PACHI
Apr 14, 2009, 06:38 PM
Well, I've never dated anyone on PSU or online. People need to get out more and enjoy the world a little more. Maybe even meet someone. The online thing can be an easy way of feeling confused about another person, especially when you never get to see them (in person), and how the may react to certain feelings, or emotions. Though it's your life, and may choose to live it in your own ways...

KittyCatSlut
Apr 14, 2009, 06:49 PM
no matter where it is...love can find its way and maybe it can even fade away. thats why they make sappy love songs and movies like you got mail. to give people one thing and that is hope. everyone is trying to find that someone to complete them. some people just dont want to look hard enough for it. so they try many forms of it. yeah some times it works but only if you get the communication down. Falling in love can suck alot of times. even if its over the net.

jShazBot
Apr 14, 2009, 08:48 PM
The only thing I do in PSU is try to piss off as many people as I possibly can while trying to get "CYBUR CHIX". Hey, it sure beats actually playing a game that requires no skill and has no competitive modes whatsoever. With Competitive gametypes being non-existent I don't see any point in leveling up. I know others think otherwise...
But having multiplayer without anyway to actually play against other people is just ridiculous.

Rust
Apr 14, 2009, 08:56 PM
I never get bored of pulling that pic out everytime I see one of those threads:

[spoiler-box]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2536/psu20080724033930000.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Butsrlsy, no I le didn't.
Almost all the girls (teh real ones) I play PSU with are on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. There's already no point for me to date someone, so much less someone I will never get to meet in real life.

hunterseifer
Apr 14, 2009, 09:02 PM
These threads lol, my friend dates alot on psu and always ended up bad, and more drama, once one of the girls he tried to get with ended up coming after me <.<;(I dont date online, its BS and not real) my advice, go outside ppl, do something, woman are EVERYWHERE! not just online, and even then its a gamble since ppl tend to play as woman, from what I read on here, and I have a girl alt that I play from time to time so dont hit on me >.>

xBladeM6x
Apr 14, 2009, 09:05 PM
Actually, the current girl I am dating i met on PSU. We knew each other for about 6 months before actually dating. But we were very spectacle about dating at first but, soon enough about 6 months down the road of us being together, we met face to face. From that point on we have been happily together, and we see each other on a monthly basis and currently working on a feasible way to live by / with each other. :3

Btw, it's Ethateral on this forum. X3

:P

jShazBot
Apr 14, 2009, 09:07 PM
These threads lol, my friend dates alot on psu and always ended up bad, and more drama, once one of the girls he tried to get with ended up coming after me <.<;(I dont date online, its BS and not real) my advice, go outside ppl, do something, woman are EVERYWHERE! not just online, and even then its a gamble since ppl tend to play as woman, from what I read on here, and I have a girl alt that I play from time to time so dont hit on me >.>

No Comment :nono:

Zyrusticae
Apr 14, 2009, 09:16 PM
Ah, these threads...

I will say this.

Online relationships are really not much different from contact relationships. The primary differences are 1. the avatar, and 2. the distance between said avatar and the person behind it.

Online relationships fail as often as contact relationships do. It's really nothing special. It's just there.

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 14, 2009, 09:18 PM
I agree that it's sad in a way, but honestly with all the bullshit emphasis the world puts on what the person you love should look like and not on who they are a lot of great men and women end up alone because they don't have supermodel looks.

The internet is a way for you to bypass the looks and get right down to the center of a person and see who they really are (if they don't lie to you). I know all the immature people will go on and on about how I'm probably fat, ugly, and balding in real life to come up with that garbage, but you're all immature. I could be gorgeous or sin ugly. On the internet the only thing you have to go by is the way I act and my vocabulary/grammar.

Bottom line, if you're an adult and you find someone on a game you like and you meet them and fall in love, then there's nothing wrong with that, I hope you wind up happy. But if you're the immature 14 year old looking for bitches and alt+h-ing every female character's leg you come across, then grow the hell up.

All that matters is if the people doing it are happy. I personally wouldn't date over a game- or anyone I've never met- so I can't really talk in my own experience.

autumn
Apr 14, 2009, 09:21 PM
I don't date in PSU because I play with the person I'm engaged to. That being said I did have one of my PSU pals who only lives a state up from me in NY down to visit for almost 2 weeks and we're hoping to do it again, possibly with some of the other PSU folks that don't live too far off ^_^

AngelofEnders
Apr 14, 2009, 09:29 PM
I can't take 99% of the internet seriously enough to get emotionally attached much less romantically. I'm too much of an ass.

Also people are lying to themselves if they think looks isn't a factor in a relationship. They don't have to have supermodel looks but if you've ever cringed at the way someone else looks in the opposite sex, chances are you I bet you'd decline an offer from him/her to go out for lunch and if you don't have any prospects by the time you're 50, you're probably dying alone.

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 14, 2009, 09:38 PM
I can't take 99% of the internet seriously enough to get emotionally attached much less romantically. I'm too much of an ass.

Also people are lying to themselves if they think looks isn't a factor in a relationship. They don't have to have supermodel looks but if you've ever cringed at the way someone else looks in the opposite sex, chances are you I bet you'd decline an offer from him/her to go out for lunch and if you don't have any prospects by the time you're 50, you're probably dying alone.

Then you are indeed a shallow person. Why would you let looks influence who you spend time with? That unattractive person could be one of the most interesting people in the world and you wasted the chance of knowing them because they were unattractive.

The person I'm engaged to was not my first choice of women I could have ended up with. I'm certain I wasn't her first choice, but all the better look women I dated were ugly people on the inside. There is far more to a person than their looks. I'd rather marry a woman I know is a beautiful person than a beautiful body with nothing inside.

While some women out there are the exception to that rule, I have yet to find any of you, so I hope none of the women reading this are offended :P

pinkace
Apr 14, 2009, 10:05 PM
This is something that always makes me curious. I don't think it is at all weird considering they have online weddings to match the offline weddings on games like WoW, City of heroes/villains and the Sims....

those who say 'get out more' should 'read more', then they would be aware that a very large chunk of people getting married today have met online.

jShazBot
Apr 14, 2009, 10:07 PM
Bitches be crazy.

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 14, 2009, 10:11 PM
Bitches be crazy.

But if you're... ...looking for bitches and alt+h-ing every female character's leg you come across, then grow the hell up.

I lol'd :lol:

ShonagarACE
Apr 14, 2009, 10:16 PM
I lol'd :lol:

Can't argue with that. ^^

Volcompat321
Apr 15, 2009, 12:01 AM
i actually know 2 people IRL that met on pso, and happen to live in the SAME city..(in florida) and they ended up getting married....they didnt know eachother before the met on pso...but they been together for a while now and have 2 kids....but im not condoning this, seeing how meeting people online could be dangerous...just watch those shows about the 50 year old men that get trapped on those TV shows....it could be a sick thing dudes....

and btw, 2/3 of my characters are female, 1 female newman(i was told F newman gets higher TP)
and a female cast(made during 1up with 2 of my IRL friends)
and a male cast is my 3rd character...(actually my very first character)

Ethateral
Apr 15, 2009, 01:39 AM
Actually, the current girl I am dating i met on PSU. We knew each other for about 6 months before actually dating. But we were very spectacle about dating at first but, soon enough about 6 months down the road of us being together, we met face to face. From that point on we have been happily together, and we see each other on a monthly basis and currently working on a feasible way to live by / with each other. :3

:P
OFT. o.o <3 Sure it can be hard at times, with not being able to really see each other, but it's actually now not become as hard as it was back then. I'd personally would date online, because you get to know a person far more in-depth (From my experiences), than in person. Sure, over the years I've had friends in real life, show an interest in me but... I knew them well enough and they were some of the ugliest people I've ever know, personally. Looks aren't everything in a relationship. I stand by the old saying "What's not beautiful on the outside, may be the most beautiful thing on the inside". Something along those lines. Lol.

Now, there's nothing wrong with dating offline, mind you. I condone both ways of dating. Sure, the face to face contact everyday is something nice. However, I'd rather know the person on a personal level, instead of a physical level first. I've known/met gorgeous guys throughout my life and they've all seem to be complete assholes. Was quite funny I found. :3

I was skeptical with dating online, again, but I quickly found out differently. o.o <3 We're so happy together~ :3 It's been a wonderful year and a half~. <3

Ninja Moomin
Apr 15, 2009, 02:37 AM
I should probably add that my first-ever experience upon logging in to PSO on DC was a guy asking me if i was new and then giving my a ton of money and items and asking me if i had a BF.

It's really interesting i think....

Yeah - if you are treating it as some sort of real relationship that has meaning for your RL then that's a worry... but in the context of playing the game and 'being' this other character... then it's not that weird i think. Everyone is different though... If you meet someone in the game and it works out IRL then cool. I do worry about what if i'm just having a laugh in the game and the other person is being really serious... last night i was chatting with a boy and this other guy i'd done a mission with just came over and said hi and world war 3 broke out!!!

However... I AM LOVING PSU - probably just as much as i ever did in the past. I'm so happy with it... I actually feel slightly sad that i somehow managed to overlook it when it came out... Sega didn't really promote it very well.

Also... does anyone know where there is some decent HIGH RES PSO wallpaper... the ones we have on the site aren't really good enough to use as a backdrop for my PS3 and 360

^^

Neith
Apr 15, 2009, 04:18 AM
All 4 of my characters are female, but I'm a guy. I've never dated anyone on PSU, but I have had people hit on me a few times. Back in Parum GBR, I had a guy one Uni 2 run upto my Human. A few minutes later I got a mail saying something like 'hello, you're very pretty ^^;'.

The worst was in Carnival though; there was a guy in the event lobby who was hitting on every female character he saw (thankfully, not on Uni 2). I was playing my Caseal at the time, and he began to mail me saying he'd offer his character as a slave and other equally questionable acts :lol: I ended up just telling the guy Neith was lesbian :wacko: What's amusing is, after that, he started to hit on a friend, so she told him she was Neith's lesbian lover :lol:

As for relationships, I think it can work but 99% of the time it won't. Unless you live within close distance of each other, it probably won't work. Of course, it depends how serious you are- if you're just flirting to get a laugh I think it's fine. Hell, when people hit on my character, I play along for a while before I let them down :lol:

Aussei
Apr 15, 2009, 04:26 AM
I dated someone from PSO for a while we lasted until PSU but I just couldn't do it anymore. I'm dating a guy in real life now and I'm happy. He plays PSU with me sometimes. I like to play along when people flirt, it makes me laugh.

AerisZeal
Apr 15, 2009, 04:53 AM
I've dated on PSU, twice actually. My stance on it is that stuff happens, a contact here isn't too different than a physical one, you meet, you get to know one another and as I've said, stuff happens. I suppose that's part of the appeal, love is terribly unpredictable and can happen anywhere. I would however never advise to use this or any other game as a personal dating directory hitting on anything that moves but if you happen on something that works go for it, there's no more at stake than there would be any other way.

fay
Apr 15, 2009, 07:13 AM
I only said dating in PSU is completely pointless beCAUSE 99.9%of the time they live miles away from each other and the guy usually hits on the first female character that walks past. (happened loads of times to me. as in outside the country rather than the same town/city.
if the two people live in the same town/city then go for it. at least that way you can actually see each other.

my point still stand though that as long as you cant physically see each other in real life then your "relationship" is destined to fail.

i remember YEARS ago. i was 13 at the time. i got into one of these "relationships" though AIM. this is just as bad. all though i did chance country to see her at times but still.
now im a lot older (21) and i can see the stupidity of it all.
i try to tell people all the time but hey, they dot listen.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 15, 2009, 09:26 AM
I end up meeting a women i played with on Halo 3 (finding out she lived on 30 minutes away) does that count??? Went on a few dates every now n then

The funny thing about it is..... we tied for first on w/e was doing (killed each other at the same time)

Itchee
Apr 15, 2009, 09:32 AM
"CAST Fortestud looking for chesty Maya Shidow lookalike who is willing to experiment (ie. take it in the butt)."

amidoinitrite?

Hrith
Apr 15, 2009, 09:50 AM
I tried dating Ryna with my newman once ;o

It did not work out :disapprove:

chu-chu-chu
Apr 15, 2009, 01:13 PM

:Pi dont like it when you hav to be a spectacle about yr dating. i used to have a psu girlfren but i dont anymore so when you make a spectacle about it its just mean.

ChibiBecca
Apr 15, 2009, 01:52 PM
i first met will online (not on PSO or PSU) and now we're engaged to be married~! sometimes long distance relationships really do work out. :)

i don't see how a purely online relationship can work out, however. especially if they never plan to meet in reality. e-hugs aren't quite the same as real ones. (although i'm sure there's a few out there who've managed to make it work).

but that does remind me of way back on PSO.. i was talking to some guy and was just giving him some advice about the game. he somehow misread my being freindly as me trying to hit on him. he acted seriously depressed for weeks when i made it clear i wasn't interested. :p

PACHI
Apr 15, 2009, 01:56 PM
This is something that always makes me curious. I don't think it is at all weird considering they have online weddings to match the offline weddings on games like WoW, City of heroes/villains and the Sims....

those who say 'get out more' should 'read more', then they would be aware that a very large chunk of people getting married today have met online.

But they dont last as long as a relationship in-person (its been studied by numerous universities), even though relationships in a whole arent lasting as long as they used to. But if you wont a long shot, go with reality... This "Virtual world" about people getting married online your talking about is not real. It satifies your mind psycologically in what you and I know "really" Exists. Those who choose this life have every right, but you cannot replace reality. In the end, you still need to go to work, pay your bills, hang out. But when you come home, theres no one to actually kiss you and till you how your day was, though your mind excepts the virtual girlfriend/boyfriend online which youve never met and your married to. And thats because of a block with phyisical emotion.

Edit: The statement reflects those who are married online and have never met in-person

NDW
Apr 15, 2009, 02:16 PM
"CAST Fortefucker looking for chesty Maya Shidow lookalike who is an Acrotecher and is willing to be my slave and give me some good LV41+ support, especially buff jobs."

Fixed. ;o

Aeris
Apr 15, 2009, 02:58 PM
Well i am a male in real life even though all my chars are female and i got hitted on like 4-6 times before this one person liked me and loves me mostly, haven't seen him/her since the last week of parum gbr i can't tell gender and plays female chars, also Neith i had that person hit on me as well, all i had to say is LOL :lol:.

desturel
Apr 15, 2009, 03:13 PM
I've hung out with some of the females and G.I.R.Ls that I've meet on PSU, but I've never thought about dating them. Most of the females are either married or with offspring that are around my age which isn't exactly my thing. The G.I.R.Ls aren't my thing either, but some of them are cool.

Ethateral
Apr 15, 2009, 03:38 PM
i dont like it when you hav to be a spectacle about yr dating. i used to have a psu girlfren but i dont anymore so when you make a spectacle about it its just mean.

I don't see a problem with this. Meh. It's hardly.. Mean.

Prince_Medion
Apr 15, 2009, 04:35 PM
Never did on PSU, but used to on PSO, I have actually been living with a girl from pso for about 5 years now. So I concider myself quite lucky...well after many failures at dating online though...

Zyrusticae
Apr 15, 2009, 04:59 PM
I rarely have anyone hitting on me.

Of course, I play what is quite possibly the most boyish female Newman in all existence, so that might have somethin' to do with it.

ForteGunnerW
Apr 15, 2009, 06:16 PM
I dont agree With it..
Cant they Get People In RL??
or meet with them In RL first??

You just got Pwned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel_page

Suzuka Miyamoto
Apr 15, 2009, 08:01 PM
My sisters mostly play this game.

Me and 4sisters, and its amazing what you can do with a females voice.
One of my sister charmed some guy ( sweet talked ) in giving her that "love laser cannon weapon" for only 2.1m

And now i have random guys on my xbox friends list asking to talk to my sisters. All the time.

( -_- )''''''''''

ShonagarACE
Apr 15, 2009, 09:10 PM
My sisters mostly play this game.

Me and 4sisters, and its amazing what you can do with a females voice.
One of my sister charmed some guy ( sweet talked ) in giving her that "love laser cannon weapon" for only 2.1m

And now i have random guys on my xbox friends list asking to talk to my sisters. All the time.

( -_- )''''''''''

Sluttery has its consequences. :-P

pinkace
Apr 15, 2009, 09:24 PM
But they dont last as long as a relationship in-person (its been studied by numerous universities), even though relationships in a whole arent lasting as long as they used to. But if you wont a long shot, go with reality... This "Virtual world" about people getting married online your talking about is not real. It satifies your mind psycologically in what you and I know "really" Exists. Those who choose this life have every right, but you cannot replace reality. In the end, you still need to go to work, pay your bills, hang out. But when you come home, theres no one to actually kiss you and till you how your day was, though your mind excepts the virtual girlfriend/boyfriend online which youve never met and your married to. And thats because of a block with phyisical emotion.

Edit: The statement reflects those who are married online and have never met in-person

Well OBVIOUSLY I meant general online dating man, not platonic relationships!!!

what is PSU but a big fat giant chat room with mega-customizable avatars?

Night SSc7
Apr 16, 2009, 12:52 AM
I hit on everyone

Prince_Medion
Apr 16, 2009, 04:59 AM

As I said I've been with my girlfriend which I met on pso, for 5 years now. We've been married on pso way before we actually met...I don't know why but I thought I could trust that girl ((got to be wary of girls on-line after all the failures)...and here we are...Proof that it works for some peoples, and I consider myself very lucky for that. I still think online dating is probably a good way for peoples that are shy and dont hang out to meet people so much (as long as ur still careful). I used to be very timid toward girls irl and I think dating online is easier for these kind of persons, then of course the exitement of meeting that person you got to know and like online, makes you brake that shyness of yours...

Cracka_J
Apr 16, 2009, 08:42 AM
nah, online dating is not for me, especially when you don't know who's on the other end. if you can make it work for you, great, but I prefer the whole meeting in person thing much more.

I've been with my wife for 5+ years now (married 1.5 lol), so there was no need to ever even try it. Still if I had to, I think I'd still much rather rely off of my beer goggles then blindly be hitting on people online :)

lethe
Apr 16, 2009, 10:15 AM
I agree that it's sad in a way, but honestly with all the bullshit emphasis the world puts on what the person you love should look like and not on who they are a lot of great men and women end up alone because they don't have supermodel looks.

The internet is a way for you to bypass the looks and get right down to the center of a person and see who they really are (if they don't lie to you). I know all the immature people will go on and on about how I'm probably fat, ugly, and balding in real life to come up with that garbage, but you're all immature. I could be gorgeous or sin ugly. On the internet the only thing you have to go by is the way I act and my vocabulary/grammar.

Bottom line, if you're an adult and you find someone on a game you like and you meet them and fall in love, then there's nothing wrong with that, I hope you wind up happy. But if you're the immature 14 year old looking for bitches and alt+h-ing every female character's leg you come across, then grow the hell up.

All that matters is if the people doing it are happy. I personally wouldn't date over a game- or anyone I've never met- so I can't really talk in my own experience.

Its sad that there's probably only like 10 other people in the whole Regional PSU servers that think like you :(
Its also sad that number is also proportional to the population of the world. I wish more people thought like you but it wont ever be like that.

Tianna
Apr 16, 2009, 10:22 AM
Then you are indeed a shallow person. Why would you let looks influence who you spend time with? That unattractive person could be one of the most interesting people in the world and you wasted the chance of knowing them because they were unattractive.

The person I'm engaged to was not my first choice of women I could have ended up with. I'm certain I wasn't her first choice, but all the better look women I dated were ugly people on the inside. There is far more to a person than their looks. I'd rather marry a woman I know is a beautiful person than a beautiful body with nothing inside.

While some women out there are the exception to that rule, I have yet to find any of you, so I hope none of the women reading this are offended :P

No, I'm not offended BIGGIE...LOL

I have to say it all depends on the people involved on whether it has a snowball's chance in hell to work out. If both are serious and honest it has a chance, if not, it is destined to fail just like IRL.

I have been playing PSO/PSU for a very long time and seen just about everything girl(G.I.R.L.)/boy related. Here is a clue for some of you guys out there... if a female character starts flirting while asking for stuff(items, meseta) it is a G.I.R.L. 99 out of 100 times. I pride myself in being female IRL and in PSU because I worked VERY hard to get what I have and NEVER asked for ANY handouts as any respectable female should act. I can "hang" with any of the male players out there so notch one up for women everywhere...lol

I have been married for 9 years now, have 3 kids and just got my husband to start playing PSU with me and I think that has helped our relationship that much more. I have had several players hit on me but everyone knows I'm happily married. I even get the occasional "nah, ur a guy IRL" and my response to that is always the same... "Idc what you wanna believe but plz don't tell my husband cause he likes me as a female :P " LOL

Last thing and I'm done... I would love to see more couples playing PSU whether they got together online or IRL because they always seem very pleasant( shout out to BIGGIE and Ida ;)

Cracka_J
Apr 16, 2009, 10:59 AM
I tried to get my wife to play at one point. She didn't like the pacing and thought it was too fast for her. I think she's more used to me playing fighters, and when we played those I was always trying to coach her and tell her that there were certain ways to play the different characters. When we played PSU, I think she just assumed it was the same way. I mean, PSU's pacing is really what you make of it, and there's no right or wrong way to be doing things. She just didn't take to it, and it's cool. She's got other hobbies I despise as well so no big deal :D

Tianna
Apr 16, 2009, 11:13 AM
Come back to PSU Crack_J now with "MOAR STDs!!!"

Disclaimer: In the event STDs are contracted there will be a free clinic located at Gawik's pub with medical utensils sterilized in alcohol for the public's safety ^^

BahnKnakyu
Apr 16, 2009, 01:23 PM
PSU = not a dating service.

I have no problems with people dating online... just don't fucking do it in PSU.

PACHI
Apr 16, 2009, 01:25 PM
Well OBVIOUSLY I meant general online dating man, not platonic relationships!!!

what is PSU but a big fat giant chat room with mega-customizable avatars?

Yes. Lol. Atleast to some people how are looking for "someone", and than become addicted. Youd be surprised.

It was also for those who meet later on, like, a YEAR LATER. Usually they never get to meet him/her, they break up before they get any kind of money for a plane ticket across who knows what to see them, or a ride for a 3-4 hour road trip. Its hard to meet someone across the street from you on PSU; or any online gaming for that matter.

PSU = not a dating service.

I have no problems with people dating online... just don't fucking do it in PSU.
And who are you? OH, its a GM. Looks like PSU has abolished online dating from PSU. Everyone! Stop dating that person or you'll get the hammer. Hurry with the breakups or your OUT! :bash:

Kylie
Apr 16, 2009, 01:41 PM
There's definitely a difference between what's OK and not OK as far as "dating" goes on the Internet. I'll go ahead and jump on the wagon with the people that say they know people that got married after meeting on the game. Look, you can find love anywhere, and I think the people that are dissing it are truly the ones that don't understand love. However, I don't believe that someone can be in love on a video game alone. I think it takes steps like calling each other and meeting each other to decide that, and that's where the difference is.

I'll come out and admit that I've dated online, and if anyone has a problem with that, I really don't give a shit. It's not something I'm ashamed of because I handled it in the way that I'm explaining it in. I flirted with them, but in the end, we both knew we couldn't get any further without meeting up. With those guys, I decided I didn't want to after trying to get a read on what they were really like, so we didn't stay together long.

I can get guys in real life. In fact, I see guys all the time and go on dates, so it's not that I'm desperate or felt like I could only find guys online. I haven't been in a defined relationship online in a year and a half, and I haven't been in a relationship online period in over a year. That's because you do get added stress and drama online, and I was tired of it. I don't regret any of it though. It really just happened because I met a guy I thought I'd be interested in enough to meet someday. It takes a lot of trust to get it to that level though, so I couldn't be like, "Hey, I know we just met, but let's meet." That would be pretty idiotic, and I'm glad I didn't do it seeing how all of them turned out.

All in all, you just got to be cautious about it because it's tough, but it is possible if you have the patience.

Prince_Medion
Apr 16, 2009, 02:59 PM
I agree with biggie! besides either irl or online, relationship is all about trust! If there's no communication or trust in a relationship, it's not worth it. Sadly a lot of couples are like that nowadays.

I also agree with kylie, many of my past on-line relationships never gone to the point of calling or meeting, some of the pictures I've had were too good to be true so I knew something was fishy!

but with my current girlfriend it was a complete different story! we were just good buddies and we used to support each others when the other one was feeling down.
We've always been quite close in the game and one day I admitted my feeling to her, but we took it steady. She sent me a picture, which was rather dark but I could tell she was really sweet. We phoned a few times and I sent her a music album which she got to like. Then one day she invited me to their concert which was near where she lives. I took the plane and you know the rest...5 years together now I've even had to change country to be with her.

Even if there is a lot of fakes online, it's not a reason to think it's not possible to get a good relationship online, as long as you're careful.
Besides even real peoples can hide their true nature and take advantage of you just like online.

And either in real or online, there is failures, and success, it only depends of peoples that makes the relationship. So I think peoples that diss online relationships is just nonsense.

garjian
Apr 16, 2009, 03:11 PM
hmm... i strung one guy on for a week and a bit...
then i turned my mic on... :>
that was fun... i got a lot fo free stuff from that actually...

either way... PSU relationships are creepy... unless they know each other in real life... i dont see the point...
desprate guys, and leechy girls make up a good portion of the PSU community... sadly... theres not much you can do about that... :P

lokey013
Apr 16, 2009, 03:45 PM
I dated someone from PSO...well when I met the person not just online haha...actually played with the person for a few years before meeting...

...dated a bit but in the end...it was better off as friends...less headaches lol...<3

Tsavo
Apr 17, 2009, 03:14 AM
The thought that PSU could be used for dating never occured to me until I clicked on this thread being that it is my natural assumption that everyone I play with online is a dude. While I suppose some people have gotten lucky I just don't think its something I would ever do. It's bad enough when folks hit on my "sexy" beastman.

Ruru
Apr 17, 2009, 04:05 AM
i see no problem with dating someone you meet/met online if it works out and evolves then more power to you.

using PSU as a dating service is a bit odd if you bought the game for that soul purpose but whatever floats your boat i guess. i for one am in a relationship irl, so would never look online for someone (or elsewhere).

also being a girl online is hard enough as it is, i'm not sure why some of you males would pretend to be one. that just hurts the reputations of us real females in the end. and i'm tired of seeing people say "girls dont exist online" or something similar... like we havent discovered the internet yet or something.. its just sexism or male shovanism either way its annoying to see that.

Delete
Apr 18, 2009, 03:02 PM
If you truly like someone just by there voice, then have fun.
Me, I'd rather see them with my own 2 eyes and in person.

NexGen
Apr 18, 2009, 10:24 PM
Wait....you mean those female characters aren't all female IRL?

Oh....no

God_Shiden
Apr 18, 2009, 10:41 PM
No. Just, No.