PDA

View Full Version : SEGA PSU Advertisement Petition

Talazon
Apr 15, 2009, 11:41 AM
After reading the "Do you even like this game?" thread. I figured I would post this in hopes to get others to attempt this and garner the help of PSOW and RubyEclipse and all those that help keep the game alive.

I recall witnessing the Texter video produced by SEGA and to be frank, it made our community look like a bunch of 12 y/o tards (no offense to any of you who may in fact be 12 y/o). So if that is the kind of advertisement that SEGA is going to put out, I fear for the population. If we constantly have members of our community blatantly bashing the game in which we all dedicate many hours to, then how can we expect a continued influx of players? Obviously the 360 servers are going to be more populated than the PC/PS2 servers due to the regions they reach out to, but rather than complain about how shitty things may be going, why not be happy and praise those who dedicate MANY hours of their lives to make this game as great as it can be.

Anyhow, forgive me if these thoughts are in part incomplete as I am doing this on my lunch break but I will cut to the point.

Why don't we, as a community of PSU fans/players/supporters make a thread of people who want to see SEGA make more of an attempt to advertise this game. Maybe even have some players who have the capabilities give a hand at making some "Home Videos" of some positive things to look forward to in PSU, post them here. Post anything positive, let's let SEGA know, a petition of sorts to let them see how much they can profit from a little bit of genuine advertisement. I mean heck, if enough of us cry out and this thread gets forwarded to SoA maybe they will realize what kind of "Cash Cow" this game could be for them, as well as helping our population and community flourish instead of extend an inevitable crash of bashers and whiners carelessly dismantling that which we all love.

I myself would make a video however I play on PS2. But rest assured I have done my part to spread the word of this incredible game, I in fact got 3 people I work with to quit WoW and come to us, and they love it!!

If people were more informed of this game I am positive that there would be a lot more done with it. Lets be serious look how much the 360 servers have benefited from the PSU demo?

Just think about it. Please, lets keep this good thing going and growing.

Well that is my 2 cents, so please, "SEGA listen to us."

Out here.

Elyruin
Apr 15, 2009, 11:51 AM
That was a well though and down to earth post right there!

Elyruin
Apr 15, 2009, 12:03 PM
Itz crazy though how many people I find now that are just starting the game within the last 2-4 weeks. I mean its been out for 3+ years and there are people just now making fresh account for their fist time!

Volcompat321
Apr 15, 2009, 12:05 PM
as much as i love the idea, i dont think sega would listen to us...and believe me, im not one to complain 1 bit. i read a post on here where i believe ruby said he saw people posting on the official forums, and here, i forget what it was for) but it was something useful, and they didnt listen one bit :( i hope this works though. even though the game is almost 3 years old, im sure they could make a commercial....like WoW(which i hate) i still see those commercials, but they obviously make more money then Sega with psu... :(

Mysterious-G
Apr 15, 2009, 12:06 PM
Let's start a petition for regular updates before we do this, shall we?

PALRAPPYS
Apr 15, 2009, 12:07 PM
It's a good post, but you must keep in mind how many people will actually put out the effort into this. It sadly will probably be very few...

Puppet_Papaya
Apr 15, 2009, 12:16 PM
I recall witnessing the Texter video produced by SEGA and to be frank, it made our community look like a bunch of 12 y/o tards (no offense to any of you who may in fact be 12 y/o).
Or may in fact be 'tarded.

ashley50
Apr 15, 2009, 01:04 PM
SoA isn't can't make good commerials for NA side. (Dunno about EU side though, might be better)
Not creative nough (and so am I)

PhdChristmas
Apr 15, 2009, 01:04 PM
If your talking TV advertisements, thats out of the question. Western TV contracts are the most expensive in the world, if you havent noticed, only large corporations such as Coca-Cola, Johnson-Johnson, Philip Morris, Activision Blizzard, Microsoft, you get the idea, get air time on US TV. I havent spent enough time in any EU country to comment about their network broadcasting.

Korea and China have their own flurry of online titles the West have never even heard of, so very little success outside of Japan. Neighboring countries such as Taiwan, Philippines and Singapore have their own localized online titles from Korea or China, if theyre not playing on Korea or China's play servers. Here in asia there are countless gaming advertisements on the streets. PC-Cafes are covered with gaming advertisements and theres one on every block.

Localized radio game advertisements just wont get the message through. Why advertise a visual gaming experience via radio?

Internet advertisements, thats plausible, but if your an online gamer with intrest to Japan's culture you have heard of PSU and PSO, you know its there, you just dont want to play it. There is very little benefit from using money to advertise a game title on the internet. Especially when Sega is relying on fans of the PSO series to be their main consumer base for PSU.

Magazine advertisements will probably be the best method, but this reaches a very limited consumer base. If this advertisement does happen, SoA needs to make the page colorful, action packed and/or full girls to have an impact.

There was a time when SEGA had quite afew advertisements, but that was during Sega Genesis to Dreamcast days. SEGA mostly relies on Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo to do most of the advertising for their console titles.

Volcompat321
Apr 15, 2009, 01:13 PM
magazine articles aren't so cheap either sadly :/

elshagan
Apr 15, 2009, 01:29 PM
Well I dunno about rest of europe but I tend to see commercials for... Well Sonic all over the place n PSU is made by Sonic Team so they should be able to make a good commercial... But that's just what I've seen here in Sweden... :S But sadly Sega n Sonic Team seems more intressted in making comercial for the Sonic titles. >.< mmh... I got an idea... Why don't someone who's good at movie making here make a "Trailer" like movie n post it on youtube?

ErtaiClou
Apr 15, 2009, 01:40 PM
The economy isn't very good for advertising right now. It's inflated and as a process server I can't tell you how many serves I see daily from certain companies canceling and collecting dues. If there is any promotion to be had it would come from the players.

EndlessAxis
Apr 15, 2009, 01:41 PM
great idea but the question is if sega can rise from the ashes and take a chance by going for TV ads
it seams like ever since sonic adventure 2 sega's been in decline i mean cmon the dreamcast had some of the best titles ever . sonic adventure 1&2 , PSO 1&2, Soul Calibur , Powerstone 1&2 , Marvel VS capcom 2, and tons of others yet it seams sega witch is known to be a gaming giant is gonna go bankrupt soon... so sad >_<

btw maybe we should spread word of PSO in other forums were members in etc or make a PSO facebook guild or somthing to attract attention.

PACHI
Apr 15, 2009, 02:54 PM
Let's start a petition for regular updates before we do this, shall we?

... I

PACHI
Apr 15, 2009, 02:57 PM
great idea but the question is if sega can rise from the ashes and take a chance by going for TV ads
it seams like ever since sonic adventure 2 sega's been in decline i mean cmon the dreamcast had some of the best titles ever . sonic adventure 1&2 , PSO 1&2, Soul Calibur , Powerstone 1&2 , Marvel VS capcom 2, and tons of others yet it seams sega witch is known to be a gaming giant is gonna go bankrupt soon... so sad >_<

btw maybe we should spread word of PSO in other forums were members in etc or make a PSO facebook guild or somthing to attract attention.

Ahhhh, Powerstone, That was the shit right there. I like the Indian guy that would slam you to the ground. epic.

Talazon
Apr 15, 2009, 04:16 PM
Well I dunno about rest of europe but I tend to see commercials for... Well Sonic all over the place n PSU is made by Sonic Team so they should be able to make a good commercial... But that's just what I've seen here in Sweden... :S But sadly Sega n Sonic Team seems more intressted in making comercial for the Sonic titles. >.< mmh... I got an idea... Why don't someone who's good at movie making here make a "Trailer" like movie n post it on youtube?

This is exactly what I am talking about, I am not as naive as to think that during an economic recession that the SEGA would be able to, or even consider doing that, but internet advertisement, THAT is one of the best advertisement options available. Relatively Cheap, seen by thousands if not millions, and spreads like wildfire. All I am saying is we as a community can put our creative little heads together and make either something EPIC as hell, OR a lot of little videos, pictures, whatever. Then all we need is to forward the material to SEGA in some way shape or form with all contributors consent to utilize the material(s) we have gathered and compiled into a cognitive advertisement string. Then while we distribute/promote the material SEGA may be able to do the same on the net.

Magazine advertisements, while pricey would be good too. I mean lets be realistic here. SEGA would be able to put out 10-14 day free trials, or take the content from the 360 demo and release those in magazines like in Gamepro. They could afford it once before, what is so different now? I am sure they still have the material and or data from the 360 demo, why not port it to PC/PS2?

As for free trial, SEGA has already announced that whole program where you can still play a limited portion of the game without paying for it. Why not make those and sell them in Wal-Mart or something for $1.49 like WoW trials? when people see this I am sure SOMEONE will look at it and go, "Wow, this looks pretty cool." and pick it up out of sheer boredom. From there we have a simple word of mouth advertisement, but the concept is putting more of an effort in keeping a healthy franchise alive.

Maybe I am missing the point, I don't know, but if we as a community do nothing to prevent the downfall of a game, then how can we bitch about the problems?

As for the petition for new content updates in which the US servers are 9+ months behind, don't you think that if SEGA had more profit that they would be able to facilitate more employees. Employees = Fresh concepts and thought processes, More efficient workload output. A more efficient workload output would mean more things being done at once and more things being completed that coincide with existing time lines, i.e. getting the updated content to the US servers? Unless I am a complete moron (which very may well be) what you guys are asking for are results with no materials. Don't you think SEGA would like to please it's customers with as much content as possible? Possibly even using the tactical though of, "Holy shit you mean I can do all of these NEW THINGS? I don't mind paying $15 a month, shit it is worth it!!" Thus for every current customer they have will be paying roughly 150% of what they are already paying, meaning a 50% more profit overall, thus more growth, more potential, more updates, more profit, ect. It is a simple cycle.

Well I kinda lost where I was going with this post, so I guess I will click submit now. Bah. :P

P.S. Before anyone flames me telling me that I have a fantastical concept and thought process of business, let me note, I am a United States Marine, I am in the Infantry, I have a High School Diploma, not a College Degree. All I am trying to do is be the catalyst in a new concept to HELP SEGA instead of bash it.

Out Here.

Sano
Apr 15, 2009, 04:35 PM
Personally, I always figured we all should at least give things like this a try. What is the worst that could happen? We stay with the same amount of people on the servers, maybe a few more? In all actuality, we have nothing to lose by trying to help SEGA, encourage them to promote the game more and help our population increase. It would be more of a benefit towards SEGA since they would be getting more subscriptions (more money ^^).

as much as i love the idea, i dont think sega would listen to us...

It's a good post, but you must keep in mind how many people will actually put out the effort into this. It sadly will probably be very few...

Negative logic like this is what majority of players say and think (no offense Volcompat + PALRAPPYS, just using your statements as examples ^^). But seriously, if we actually assisted people's ideas (such as Talazon's) maybe they would see how enthusiastic we are about this game, how willing we are to help them and such, maybe they would listen to us. If they can't afford TV or Magazine advertisements, Talazon is right: Internet advertisements might be the way to go.

As for the Free Trials, that could be a good possibility as well, but I'm not sure how well that would fare out...I know of another MMORPG that tried Free Trial Periods (FFXI to be exact), and one of the main flaws were players getting spam messages from people trying to do RMT (Real Money Trading -- You pay Real Money for Game money) and it was pretty annoying. But other than that, Free Trial Periods could overall spark some more players on all servers. We won't know until they try eh?

pinkace
Apr 15, 2009, 04:50 PM
Ok, so they can't afford print or TV ads... but there is something we can do.... listen up:

We can all make banners, small ones, like 2 feet by 3 feet or whatever, and write some slogan or ad for PSU on it, and carry it with us everywhere we go. Hell, illustrate it if you have the skill. Then next time you see a TV crew or a reporter on the street, stand behind them in front of the camera with the banner and jump up and down like a retard... people will see it on TV, get curious, and the rest is history.

or better yet, one of us could volunteer to commit a horrible crime and when the news asks "why did you do it?" you can say, "I just love PSU so much, I couldn't help myself" or something in that vein.

and there you go. you just can't buy publicity like that.

Sano
Apr 15, 2009, 05:03 PM
LMFAO! That'd make all PSU players sound like crazy fiends.... wait... aren't we? lol... But seriously, to add on to the assistance: We could take a bunch of the good YouTube videos of PSU, put them up on the more popular generic websites that majority of people go to such as: FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, Game website forums such as Gamespot, Gamefaqs, etc. etc.

Get creative everyone! Like pinkace or maybe not THAT creative XD (horrible crimes = jail time = no PSU T_T)

pinkace
Apr 15, 2009, 05:26 PM
(horrible crimes = jail time = no PSU T_T)

PSU made me do it!!! I swear my PM spoke to me and said "Pinky, go out there and kill, kill kill!!!"

Talazon
Apr 15, 2009, 05:33 PM
lol it reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Ralph had a leprechaun that told him to burn stuff :P XD

ForteGunnerW
Apr 15, 2009, 06:11 PM
I Made one of These Before...
We could so get 3 universes full from a trial and advertising.

SEGAC ADVERTISACING!!!!

HienkyakuX
Apr 15, 2009, 06:14 PM
Well then to help out on this since it's mush faster that the community make the first move on this. Is there any good video out there that we can use to add it to lets say myspace/facebook and do a bit of advertisement for the game by our self.

If not then is there anyone here with talent to make a good video for this?

Gibdozer
Apr 15, 2009, 06:49 PM
Ok, so they can't afford print or TV ads... but there is something we can do.... listen up:

We can all make banners, small ones, like 2 feet by 3 feet or whatever, and write some slogan or ad for PSU on it, and carry it with us everywhere we go. Hell, illustrate it if you have the skill. Then next time you see a TV crew or a reporter on the street, stand behind them in front of the camera with the banner and jump up and down like a retard... people will see it on TV, get curious, and the rest is history.

or better yet, one of us could volunteer to commit a horrible crime and when the news asks "why did you do it?" you can say, "I just love PSU so much, I couldn't help myself" or something in that vein.

and there you go. you just can't buy publicity like that.

Or realistically we could print T-shirts. Its inexpensive advertising, and you get a cool shirt.

Sega is not going to pump money into advertising a 3-year old game, and I don't blame them. Yeah some WoW style commercials would help the general population for awhile, but lets face the facts RPGs have never had mass consumer appeal. RPGs (P-star in particular) have generally enjoyed a small but dedicated fan base, and those people will seek out the game independently.

I agree that if we want a higher population and better retention it's totally up to us, the players of the game. I like the idea of player promo videos and such, but sending that stuff to Sega is a waste of time. They have the money and ability to market this game they just choose not to because unlike Sonic and VF this is a niche market with little direct competition.

Suzuka Miyamoto
Apr 15, 2009, 07:39 PM
as much as i love the idea, i dont think sega would listen to us...and believe me, im not one to complain 1 bit. i read a post on here where i believe ruby said he saw people posting on the official forums, and here, i forget what it was for) but it was something useful, and they didnt listen one bit :( i hope this works though. even though the game is almost 3 years old, im sure they could make a commercial....like WoW(which i hate) i still see those commercials, but they obviously make more money then Sega with psu... :(

Sega is a Epicfailure game company.

Deragonite
Apr 15, 2009, 07:45 PM
SEGA has given up on PSU in EU/NA.

If we were to spread the game, WE would have to advertise for it.

How? I don't know. Probably via internet is the best approach.

Talazon
Apr 15, 2009, 08:35 PM
Hopefully, our masterful members of art and g33khood will be able to pull through and produce some really good videos and post them so we may embed videos on our blogs like Jaguar suggested. I like the T-Shirt Idea and shit just do your part, if you want a bigger fanbase/population just tell/show people the game especially people whom you KNOW love Action Adventure games and/or RPGs alike. That is how I did it :D

pinkace
Apr 15, 2009, 09:09 PM
RPGs (P-star in particular) have generally enjoyed a small but dedicated fan base, and those people will seek out the game independently.

But the PS series has never been as popular as it was with Dreamcast PSO. that game alone sold over a million copies worldwide. the JP servers alone hosted over 200k people a night. and those were PAYING subscribers.

my point is, it was PSO who introduced many people to online RPGs, and many others to online gaming.

ErtaiClou
Damn, there was a big tax protest in front of the police station today, if only I had the day off I could've joined them with some PSU signs. XD

Retehi
Hope Sega will pay you guys for advertising their crap.

EndlessAxis
Apr 15, 2009, 09:19 PM
Hello, so I got an Idea that if we do it correctly I think can rapidly expand the community.

the idea is this, using facebook ( I hate it but its used by 200m peeps )
we make a PSO-WORLD account with the "best" screens and vids .. maybe link twitter to FB and have constant updates saying pretty random things ..
E.G sitting at neudaiz,fighting De Regan .. etc

it dosn't really have to be so true.. we just gotta make it look like its "in" like its "the shit"
and maybe each of us befriend the central account and/or ( with permission of the vid makers ) mirror some vids onto our youtube accounts.

Im gonna start playing PSU (pc) by friday althogh I already know what I'm doing for the most part ( just a few things I need to learn ) woulda joined the game sooner but RL things prevented me from doing that.

anyways thats my idea, feel free to comment or suggest somthing else, point out flaws or say random things that are totaly off topic ( don't do the last one! )

jShazBot
Apr 15, 2009, 09:24 PM
Sounds like a great idea.
FIRST POST! sdafhsadfhkajsdhcvoiuoauoiuewoijcvljsvsa

pinkace
Apr 15, 2009, 09:30 PM
Damn, there was a big tax protest in front of the police station today, if only I had the day off I could've joined them with some PSU signs. XD

See? a little foresight and you would have had a PSU sign already on you.

I still like my "My PM told me to do it" insanity defense...

I say we take a vote on who has to go and kill a ton in the name of PSU. who will start a poll?

Sano
Apr 15, 2009, 09:41 PM
You should go and show us how it should be done and if you do well, we will all follow in your steps. Right everyone? ^^

Gibdozer
Apr 16, 2009, 08:39 AM
That's not how it works Jaguar the homicidal cult leader never gets his hands dirty, his ideas are to important to the cause. Just for that nonsense I feel you have volunteered to fulfill your destiny! Your courage will not be forgotten, thank you Jaguar.

Sano
Apr 16, 2009, 08:49 AM
You must be on crack! Because... I've already killed someone and left a big PSU sign on their body... I'm just waiting for the police to find the body... only then will PSU get its attention... only then...

Exploited
Apr 16, 2009, 08:53 AM
Ive been saying this for 2 years now. Where the hell is the advertising.

sikotic_demon
Apr 16, 2009, 09:20 AM
Sadly i have to agree that sega will probably not put any more resources twards advertizing this game now that it is nearing the 3 year old mark.

However i do like seeing some of the ideas that have been thought of. The most logical of them all is to crate a Myspace, facebook, twitter, or any other mass populated social website. Then we may see an increase in the flow of people coming to the game.

There are probably more people out there that have no idea that the PS serise even exsists. I know i didnt untill i saw that a friend of mone had it for the Dreamcast. I had always been a RPG fan and wanted one that could be played with other people and finally i had it. After getting that i soon found out that the Phantasy Star games had been around since the days of the genisis yet i had never heard of them. Now i would venture to say there are probably plenty of people that are still out there that want a MMORPG that they can just drop in and play without having to set up on a long quest or they just want some change from FFXII or WoW and they probably have no clue this game even exsists.

If we can manage to gather enough of us that are willing to put our own time and effort into creating the pages on the big name social sites. ill gladly put my name on that list. I have no capture card for my 360 but i will assist in the creation of any videos or pictures for this cause.

ashley50
Apr 16, 2009, 09:36 AM
Because... I've already killed someone and left a big PSU sign on their body... I'm just waiting for the police to find the body... only then will PSU get its attention... only then...
got pics of that?

pinkace
Apr 16, 2009, 02:22 PM
You must be on crack! Because... I've already killed someone and left a big PSU sign on their body... I'm just waiting for the police to find the body... only then will PSU get its attention... only then...

HAHA did you draw the Illuminus sign on his chest? then the police would have to bring a PSU expert and it would be headline news!!

well done... now go turn yourself in... my follower.

Sano
Apr 16, 2009, 02:39 PM
@ashley50: No, but I can go take pictures. Just... give me a bit to get to the spot... take them... get away without others noticing.. and then I'll post them up.

@pinkace: I did this before you even mentioned anything so... technically... you might be one of MY followers :P ....omg... that means I'M the cult leader... oh shit... EVERYONE! DRINK THE KOOL-AID NOWZ! LOVE YOU ALL WITH MOUTH! KTHXBAI!

ErtaiClou
Apr 16, 2009, 09:45 PM
See? a little foresight and you would have had a PSU sign already on you.

I'm waiting for someone to make huge banner and send orders out to fedex/kinkos and then when players come to pick them up people will be like "wtf is going on?"

PhdChristmas
Apr 17, 2009, 04:00 AM
I believe the biggest draw back is content availablility. If you have an xbox360 you can download the demo, but for PC/PS2 you need to find a real disc to guarantee(and safety) your client will work in online mode.

How many gaming stores actually stock PSU discs used/new? When AoTI was released my local gamestop at the time wasnt going to stock it by normal means, one would have to request a copy.

There are only a handful of available client discs out in the market for PC/ps2. Maybe if SEGA would open a free download campaign we can get more testers and possibly more players

AlphaDragoon
Apr 17, 2009, 05:49 AM
There are only a handful of available client discs out in the market for PC/ps2. Maybe if SEGA would open a free download campaign we can get more testers and possibly more players

This. If Segac would do like they did with PSO Blue Burst and let you download the thing for free off their site, it would help immensely.

Really, one of the best ways for the game to get some attention, goofy as it is, would be for it become involved in some stupid internet meme. People who had never watched or read the manga series Bleach a day in their lives know who Orihime Inoue is simply because of the meme of her with the leek becoming wtfpopular and even appearing in an American music video.

Ninja Moomin
Apr 17, 2009, 06:42 AM
I recently picked up PSU and i have to say i'm stunned by how amazing it is...

Like many people I played PSO on DC and Xbox and 'used to be' a sega fan back in the day when 90% of their output wasn't shit.

Nowadays they've forgotten half the franchises that made them great, ruined most of the rest and seem intent on releasing 80% rubbish and 20% good titles.

Really though... what i find most shocking is the complete lack of any kind of promotional support for PSU... the game didn;t even cross my radar when it first came out... How did Sega manage to not make me aware of it? A sega fan, rpg fan and PSO fan...? Seriously - if it managed to pass me by then how the hell was anyone else ever going to find out about it?

The other thing i find completely and utterly stupid is that, on 360 at least, PSU has virtually no competition in terms of online RPG games... Sega could clean up if they promoted this more. WTF?

Here we are with a huge on and offline game, amazing community, brilliant art, a social system and space customisation service that Craps on home.... and Sega do nothing to tell anyone about it.

Is sega now run by the same monkey that manages the european playstation store?

:-?

ShonagarACE
Apr 17, 2009, 06:44 AM
It really wasn't terribly hard to hear about the game back before it launched(perhaps just because of checking this site). I was aware enough to pre-order, even if I never really thought there would be a shortage of the game here.

BFGfreak
Apr 17, 2009, 11:35 AM
The whole point should be to advertise this as a casual RPG in a futuristic setting with fully customizable characters. That said, the focus medium should be on Xbox marketplace and web banners to post on various forums (that's how WOW got me, should work the other way too right) anyway, if Major Nelson did a Majors minute and mentioned this game, there should be a bit of an influx (not a whole lot, but then again, how many people can a universe hold again?) The point is, most people don't even know it exists that would be interested in this kind of game style.

ThePendragon
Apr 17, 2009, 03:36 PM
If you guys are serious about this, I would love to do this. This game has gotten a really bad a rap from a lot of idiots. Therer are some technical flaws, and major balancing ones, but the biggest issues is lack of a community. If we had more players, the game would be more balanced, and a lot more fun to play. I'm aware how generalized that statement is, no need to point it out.

However, this game is MUCH better than PSO, and so many others out there. It's just that no one is willing to give it a chance. However, if we do this, we have to be willing to provide the support for the incoming community. I mean, people will quit fast if the come in and spam white beast for a week.

But personally, i'd be all for some way to advertise PSU and get more peeps. I've been constantly pushing as many people as I can to play in as many places. It's rough, no one wants to play the monthly fee. Maybe if we can get SEGA to cooperate with free trial codes for 1-3 months of Guardians Licenses to get people hooked?

Aussei
Apr 18, 2009, 02:44 PM
Haha, I like the OP did good to start this off.

I like this idea, though I don't see much coming from it. PSU on the PC/PS2 servers, is such a small community, I know when someone new joins. LOL But I notice that hardly any of the really low IDs exist anymore.

I myself, do my advertising through friends. I've got all of my closest friends to play PSU. So we always all get together and the 4 of us play together all the time. So I'm pretty satisfied as logn as they are playing.

Talazon
Apr 18, 2009, 11:01 PM
w00t we got AIDA on board :D!!

ashley50
Apr 20, 2009, 06:10 PM
Good Luck!

Overlord Zenon
Apr 21, 2009, 08:08 AM
my local ebgames says the game is Discontinued and servers arn't even online, shows how much they play, i think sega should release the game again as a platinum hit or greatest hits, its a big income source for them, plus its a fun game and one of the few online rpgs on consoles, yes i know theres final fantasy but thats just blah in my opinion.

pinkace
Apr 21, 2009, 09:57 AM
my local ebgames says the game is Discontinued and servers arn't even online, shows how much they play, i think sega should release the game again as a platinum hit or greatest hits, its a big income source for them, plus its a fun game and one of the few online rpgs on consoles, yes i know theres final fantasy but thats just blah in my opinion.

did you correct them!?

what the hell man? who are they to give out advice? minimum wage clerk motherfuckers!!!

THIS PISSES ME OFF!!! IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT YOU SHOULD SHUT UP!!!

where is the store? which one is it? I'll go there myself!!!

GRRR!!!!!

Overlord Zenon
Apr 21, 2009, 10:01 AM
The ironic part about the manager there is when i asked him for brawl he asked me "do you want the ps3 version or the wii version?" there was a ps3 version? really? i think they just hire retards. and whats more ironic for psu being discontinued to them they have alot of copies of it for sale still, i swear they hire anyone...my cousin bought a 360 mem card there the same guy said that it was the hard drive for the xbox...they have no idea about any of the games i dont even think they play video games for that

the local store tho here is a better guy, if its old he'll order it for you, we've been buying alot of snes and nes games from him, PSO 1&2+ tho goes for a hefty 70$ tho since its still in high demand PSU fpr ps2 and 360 is 20$ flat, no tax, since he knows how well its doing

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 21, 2009, 10:05 AM
did you correct them!?

what the hell man? who are they to give out advice? minimum wage clerk motherfuckers!!!

THIS PISSES ME OFF!!! IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT YOU SHOULD SHUT UP!!!

where is the store? which one is it? I'll go there myself!!!

GRRR!!!!!

Most of the people that work there either don't play or are usually into that mainstream BS. They mostly have a narrow sight of the industry and don't bother to broaden themselves to the lesser known games. This is why I don't bother with G4. They hump all the mainstream things like Halo,Final Fantasy, Gears of War, and the such. If I want to get a review of a game I'd go onto the forums or talk to other people about it. Either that or go to Classic Game Room. One of the few places that gave Onechanbara:Bikini Zombie Slayers a good review because they looked past the Dreamcast-like graphics and reviewed the gameplay. I'll tell you this its not a bad hack and slash. Oh and by the way, yea EBgames and Gamestop don't have them. AT ALL! I got my copy from Amazon.com. In they're effin faces. Just because a game like PSU isn't "mainstream" doesn't mean they should stop selling it. Next time you see em, kick em in the nuts.

Overlord Zenon
Apr 21, 2009, 10:06 AM
there was a time i thought final fantasy was fun, it just got dull as they kept milking it, kid me wrong some are still fun to play cause their classic, some of them, I still enjoy a oldschool hard game like ghosts n goblins tho, as much as its difficulty annoyes me

my ebgames has zombie slayer...which i thought was ironic, its on 360 and wii they got it listed for

the biuggest kick in the nuts from them is if you buy a game over T, so an M rated game, i've been uying form them forever, and they always ask me for ID, even tho im older then the current manager and they know this, its jsut to piss me off on purpose i think, no one else is asked when i'm in the store it seems

hell lets start broadcasting the psu trailers as much we can, where we can :p