PDA

View Full Version : PSU Bows

xRedd206x
Apr 16, 2009, 05:46 PM
Are they fun to use and strong? Ive been lvling all the single hands guns to see what they are like at 40 and also classes. I wanted to know how are they?

fay
Apr 16, 2009, 05:58 PM
personally i like them. i mean who seriously doesnt think longbows are cool?

if it makes any difference to you the bullets level rather fast.

xRedd206x
Apr 16, 2009, 06:05 PM
Ok nice. I was shooting to lvl up all single hand arms to 40 and i notice Wartechers and ProTransers get bows.

Randomness
Apr 16, 2009, 06:06 PM
Bows are somewhat outperformed by rifles currently I believe, but they are solid weapons. They also (not that matters as much anymore) inflict the same SE levels as rifles.

fay
Apr 16, 2009, 06:10 PM
i dont know why everyone goes on about that rifles outclass bows so use them.
ill admit that rifles probably do outclass them but i mean, big deal. personally i prefer to use what weapons i think look cool etc rather than whats the best.

i try to stay away from the "cookie cutter" things. too much of this game all ready is full of sheep in a sense. ok with the masterclasses you dont have much choice but with other classes you do. peopel still use the same things. no offence to anyone of course

lantis-zagato
Apr 16, 2009, 06:23 PM
I like bows better on my Guntecher. Plus, they are getting a boost as some point in the future so they shouldn't be outclassed as badly as most people feel they are now.

unicorn
Apr 16, 2009, 06:26 PM
Every gun practically outclasses bows.

Handguns, Twin Handguns, Cards, and Xbows do 60-75% of the damage of bows, but either have a faster firing rate or hit multiple times.

Bows are only good for range. Even SE 4 isn't enough to consider it, since most enemies are weak to SE 2.

Bows will be really good when the supplemental update hits the US servers though. They will receive a damage (Like 40-50% more) and firing rate boost.

DAMASCUS
Apr 16, 2009, 10:20 PM
Its worth mentioning that they work well against bullet-resistant enemies too.

kejen
Apr 16, 2009, 10:38 PM
Bow flat out suck right now.

I do carry one for one of two purposes. Hitting something that is flying around (range), or hitting something far away that only needs another hit to die and I don't feel like walking to it (lazy).

Once we get the update, they should be better.

Lobos
Apr 16, 2009, 10:41 PM
bows are great my friend has a cast pt and he does 1200-1400 per shot no matter what since it penetrates defense so you dont have to aim at weak spots ( but vs land bosses you should use nades buts thats not the point. they are a slower, pentrating rifle (same dmg no matter where you hit mob/boss)

hiraisho
Apr 16, 2009, 10:42 PM
Yea bows may not be the best out there, but I just love the concept of them and it's nice being able to hit long range bosses on my Wartecher when I can't Melee or Tech them. Personally it's my favorite gun followed closely by the crossbow and throwing cards.

ThEoRy
Apr 16, 2009, 10:46 PM
Plus, if it hasn't been mentioned already, they ignore defense as well. :)

It appears I have been ninja'd

Criss
Apr 16, 2009, 11:20 PM
Bows have a horrible firing speed, and the weaker elements (ice/lightning/light) have 15% less ATP% than the stronger elements instead of the usual 5%. All they have going for them is their def bypass and SE4. But again, enemies die so fast nowadays that you don't really need SEs. So it's really only useful if you're fighting an enemy with exceptionally high def and need fire/ground/dark bullets... like Mother Brain's arms.

elshagan
Apr 17, 2009, 12:59 AM
Meh, I got a bow but I rarely use it unless the boss in WB wanna go for a flight... <.< I'd rather run up n melee them... But oh, well bother...

Genoa
Apr 17, 2009, 02:32 AM
I've got to say, I'm quite excited that they decided to fix Bows in the near future (lol did I say NEAR future? :< )
I love how they look, but it's just a shame they're firing rate is so slow comparatively.

But I'd have to agree, as far as usefulness at the current moment, they're not very effective when compared to your other ranged options.

Ruru
Apr 17, 2009, 02:57 AM
i liked bows about a year ago maybe. my FT could use them. in some situations (de rol le) they work better than techs, but most situations as a techer they're useless which is why i dont like/use them anymore. now as MF i cant even use them so ehh, dont really care. not many jobs that can use them really need to rely on them. PT and maybe WT are the only jobs that would need to use them in some situations (very few situations maybe magas and de rol le/falz and some dragons if they live long enough to fly)

Genoa
Apr 17, 2009, 03:07 AM
Exactly, and apparently, Sega finally noticed this as well. (or gave into constant bitching)

ShonagarACE
Apr 17, 2009, 03:10 AM
I find them pretty useful when I'm playing Guntecher, and I like them a lot better than A-rank rifles.